WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bear on the Bill WIlliams.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
These are still shots from this morning. (Friday, June 11th, 2021) Adjacent to the Bill Williams Bridge on the La Paz County side.

Video is available at: (Facebook)

bear.jpg

bear2.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
Is he losing his coat or just the pics?

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Wow, that is crazy! Are bears normally seen in this area?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Who knew there were bears there? 😲
Looks like a young one.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
There is a elk heard farther up closer to Alamo from what I have been told.
I might have been more careful last winter while wandering the trees along the running Williams river, northeast of Parker beyond the end of Shea rd..😳😄

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I might have been more careful last winter while wandering the trees along the running Williams river, northeast of Parker beyond the end of Shea rd..😳😄
Shoulda been anyways. They “might” 😉 have a large cat or two back in there too.

ikester

Reaction score
A couple of weeks back not far from the Parker Dam on the AZ side, my neighbor found a small black bear that had been killed and was missing its paws, head, and some internals (from what they could tell). and was wrapped up in a plastic bag. They said it some tag on it 'BBFG' or something like that. They called Fish and Game and said they would come out and investigate. They said it took over a week for them to come out.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
That's crazy! I'm sure its a nice place for him to rest in the reeds and wetlands back there.

2Driver

Reaction score
A couple of weeks back not far from the Parker Dam on the AZ side, my neighbor found a small black bear that had been killed and was missing its paws, head, and some internals (from what they could tell). and was wrapped up in a plastic bag. They said it some tag on it 'BBFG' or something like that. They called Fish and Game and said they would come out and investigate. They said it took over a week for them to come out.

I had a buck walking in the front yard in our subdivision with an arrow through its neck. AZGF said they wouldn’t do anything about it.

Too busy checking OHV stickers or giving kayak lessons over at the new AZGF Taj Mahal HQ I suppose.

hallett21

Reaction score
I had a buck walking in the front yard in our subdivision with an arrow through its neck. AZGF said they wouldn’t do anything about it.

Too busy checking OHV stickers or giving kayak lessons over at the new AZGF Taj Mahal HQ I suppose.

That pisses me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Odd the bear made its way to the hwy. Not afraid of people?? Not good. Hope they dart him and take him up to the Hualapais where he probably came from. He’s definitely a survivor.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
No "might" about it. I've seen tracks along the (now closed) dirt road between Take-Off Point and Havasu Springs. I went back there on a search and saw HUGE cat prints in hardened mud.
I've seen the pics off a game camera of a Mountain Lion in our friends backyard in a residential area of central Havasu. :oops:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Dem damm injuns!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A few years ago one was spotted swimming across the lake

I thought there was a couple of them hanging around near Windsor at one time? Or in town?

I remember something about bears in Havasu about 5-7 years ago?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shoulda been anyways. They “might” 😉 have a large cat or two back in there too.

There are definitely mountain lions in Havasu.. I live dead in the middle of town and about a year ago I had one chase something right up my street!!

I was sitting in my garage and just about shit myself when it went by.

My buddy Tyler was driving a RZR back offroad from the concrete plant when he thought he heard a woman being murdered.. Scared the bejeezus out of him. Turns out that’s the sounds mountain lions make when they are killing something.