WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Silliness in Hawaii.......

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
On my receipt trip to Home Depot I saw this car. I have seen many on the road but never able to grab a photo. There is just about no room for anyone in the vehicle other than the driver. The cherry on top is that they are in a handicapped parking space. I can only assume with recent mail theft by postal workers this could be an employee and they don’t have a physical handicap but a mental one and they are hoarding the stolen mail in their car. :dunno:

5D8AA559-DA45-40F4-97EC-A83B9E302A92.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
HD has multi-level parking?
And hey, he paid good $ for the handicap hang tag.😉
Mail hoarding is not a disease, it's a side affect of opening it🙂

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

HD does have two level parking. It is great when it rains like this morning and the drips are right in the perfect location to saturate bags of mortar mix. LOL. You could park on the top but the elevator doesn’t work half the time. :looking:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My aunt and uncle rented one just to see what I was like once. They said inside it is actually very roomy. My uncle was quite impressed with it actually and if it wasn't so damn ugly, they likely would have bought one (My Aunt had a Mini Copper S convertible before this so they know small cars).

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

land Is expensive...especially in Iwilei... I absolutely hate that Home Depot..pro parking is worthless and the loading area is like the Hawaii version of Site Six. Lowes around the corner much easier lol. Sams club is built on top of the Walmart down by ala Moana..3 levels of parking for both stores. Hell even Walgreens has multi level parking at the location across from that Sams..it's crazy.

Hoarder cars are more prevalent there than anywhere else I've ever seen.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
On my receipt trip to Home Depot I saw this car. I have seen many on the road but never able to grab a photo. There is just about no room for anyone in the vehicle other than the driver. The cherry on top is that they are in a handicapped parking space. I can only assume with recent mail theft by postal workers this could be an employee and they don’t have a physical handicap but a mental one and they are hoarding the stolen mail in their car. :dunno:

View attachment 1012788
Is this your way of trying to talk me out of it?😂

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Is this your way of trying to talk me out of it?😂

I was thinking about our conversation the other day. I thought tha tit might have just been you tYung one off with Danny boi. You still looking? You might just fit right in here.

Maybe Don and his amazing wife will share some of the special tats that was discussed tonight. LOL

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Next step is full hazmat suits. Just a matter of time in da Aina…

9A4148E6-F0AB-4128-809E-E74772BF360F.jpeg

kurtis500

Reaction score
I just got back from a week lon trip in Hawaii. 3 days on Kauai (the best part), 3 days at Hilo (not so good part) and a day on Oahu. I have nothing bad to say and had a great time but I was a little surprised. Honolulu looks like Americas 'Singapore'. A mix of Vegas and etc. Kauai was the paradise youd expect, that was for sure.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Honolulu looks like Americas 'Singapore'. A mix of Vegas and etc.
Oahu as a whole has undergone a lot of change..and not for the better. It's not what it once was, and thats not a good thing. It's going to be interesting to be "home" for the first time in over a year, Bri hasn't been back in 2 years. It'll always be home but I always tell people to visit the other islands anymore...especially Kauai, and if you want to do nothing besides have amazing food, sit on the beach and relax Lanai is the spot..Manele Bay is legit. Someday when Ige's madness is over I'll go back there for a week of relaxing and maitai's :cool:

2Driver

Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear what their whole perspective is on covid, why the mask in the car, where they get their info. Make a good Jaywalking Allstars like Leno did.

The whole thing amazes me. It saw a solo driver with a mask and face shield on - wtf? I like the fact the face shield has “ Face Shield” printed across the forehead ban. LOL But if you are that fucking dumb I guess you need it printed there.

Reactions: DWC

kurtis500

Reaction score
Oahu as a whole has undergone a lot of change..and not for the better. It's not what it once was, and thats not a good thing. It's going to be interesting to be "home" for the first time in over a year, Bri hasn't been back in 2 years. It'll always be home but I always tell people to visit the other islands anymore...especially Kauai, and if you want to do nothing besides have amazing food, sit on the beach and relax Lanai is the spot..Manele Bay is legit. Someday when Ige's madness is over I'll go back there for a week of relaxing and maitai's :cool:
Honolulu is really just another big city. My uncle retired from NASA in D.C. and moved to the University of Hawaii over 20 years ago. He runs the astronomy r & d there. Great guy but him and Pearl Harbor were why we went to Oahu. I was so pissed that they closed the USS Arizona the day we arrived. I’m born and raised in AZ and this was my first chance to be at the ship. My mom worked for 25 years at the AZ capital and I used to play on the anchor and etc as a kid. I’ll be back for that alone but I’ll beat feet to Kauai or Maui soon after. Even though I’ve never been to Maui. I think I had the expectation that it was like going to Cozumel which is really a vacation island. Hawaii is really another US state with all the similarities.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear what their whole perspective is on covid, why the mask in the car, where they get their info. Make a good Jaywalking Allstars like Leno did.

The whole thing amazes me. It saw a solo driver with a mask and face shield on - wtf? I like the fact the face shield has “ Face Shield” printed across the forehead ban. LOL But if you are that fucking dumb I guess you need it printed there.

You just reminded me. Earlier today I’m out for a cruise and as I’m driving through a neighborhood I see a lady walking her dog through an empty park with a mask and face shield on. She was by herself and not a single other person in the park.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to live with that type of anxiety and paranoia. You legit have to be riddled with terror and totally frozen when it comes to decision making. I’d rather be dead I think 🤣

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
You just reminded me. Earlier today I’m out for a cruise and as I’m driving through a neighborhood I see a lady walking her dog through an empty park with a mask and face shield on. She was by herself and not a single other person in the park.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to live with that type of anxiety and paranoia. You legit have to be riddled with terror and totally frozen when it comes to decision making. I’d rather be dead I think 🤣

The Govt., Media, and God knows who else have been preaching Doom, Gloom and Death for over a year now. There are many Elderly People who are Scared Shitless and do not ask for much after a Life of working hard and raising a Family and do want to live healthy remaining years with Children and Grandchildren. These People have trusted the Govt. and Media their whole life and IMO will continue until ? I am not going to Fault or Mock them for Believing. I am sure my parents would do the same if they were still alive, and I would encourage whatever gives them a sense of Security.

Riverbottom

Reaction score

It is hard to understand ! I have people every week go by my house on personal watercraft wearing masks. If you are getting less than six feet away from the other watercraft you have more problems than covid.

DWC

Reaction score
I just got back from a week lon trip in Hawaii. 3 days on Kauai (the best part), 3 days at Hilo (not so good part) and a day on Oahu. I have nothing bad to say and had a great time but I was a little surprised. Honolulu looks like Americas 'Singapore'. A mix of Vegas and etc. Kauai was the paradise youd expect, that was for sure.
Waikiki is absolutely Vegas with a beach. That being said I’d live there in a heartbeat. Great people watching and plenty of stuff to do. Maui is a little more laid back and Kauai is all the way reclined. Kauai is shut down a little too early, even for me.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
My daughter is in Hawaii this week. The first time one of my kids has been on long trip without me. Times are changing. LOL

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Our first time in Hawaii we spent our first night at what was then called The Kahala Hilton. Beautiful and secluded back then. Trying to find the place at night, all we saw was a very small dimly lighted address plaque. Looked like the correct address, but it also looked like a home’s exclusive driveway. We took the chance and drove up that drive way, and there stood the Kahala Hilton Hotel. For sure, we were the only couple under 30 staying there. We next spent 8 days (suppose to have been 12 days) at my brother’s place on the coarse in Princeville on Kauai. 1976, not much out there. Tahiti Nui, the Dolphin, the Anchorage, Beam Reach and the PV clubhouse was about it. No nightlife at all. So, we called the Kahala. They had availability. So we returned there for 4 more days. And drove to the Honolulu nightlife, if we wanted.

BTW - Best was, no masks were worn.

Last edited:

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Every day I see people walking alone (or with there dog) wearing masks 😷. It’s INSANE!

Ladsm

Reaction score
I had a neighbor that had a brand new Superduty in 2004 and after a year was filled to the roof in his mail. He drove it 500 ft to get to his mailbox and back home. His house was the same way after about 5 years. Fire Dept had to haul him out of a window and family had to gut the house to get rid of the smells and rats. I had helped with the cleanup and he had his checkbook sitting on the counter with $7 Figures in it. He had the money for a maid to follow him around but its a sickness/disease.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
There is an elderly lady that walks our hood with a 6 foot stick that she swings like a sword if anyone gets near her....I about pissed my skivvies seeing that, the mask&shield was already a 😳 moment as it was.🤣🤣🤣

I think that you could pull that off @Ziggy