WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Antelope Point to Bullfrog Marina

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
How many miles by water? Did 246 this weekend in 2 days and the farthest we went for fuel reasons since dangling rope was closed was from Antelope point to half way up San Juan river canyon and back. Left with full tank from Antelope and got back with just under a half tank. Cruising 50-60 the whole way.

kimbalee

Reaction score
Dangling rope is roughly half way from Wahweap to Bullfrog. Bullfrog is about 50 miles from DR.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Also that would be no going in canyons to look around.

Thanks. Might be able to make it on a tank but could fill at bullfrog if they’re open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
You can always just do the math on the buoy numbers which correspond with the mileage. Is Dangling still closed?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thats going to put a damper on the Challenge in September if its not fixed. With all the talk of the low water I wonder if there are any rumblings about canceling that. We are going regardless.

Singleton

Reaction score
Any idea when they plan on reopening?

no update since June 1.
guys I still know that work the rental docs stated most summer employees that work DR have been allocated to other marinas. IMO, With the low water, not sure it will reopen this year :(

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thats going to put a damper on the Challenge in September if its not fixed. With all the talk of the low water I wonder if there are any rumblings about canceling that. We are going regardless.

So are we. Rock the rocks this last weekend was basically nom existent. Think I saw about 4 performance boats and the rest were wave tractors.

TVMNick

Reaction score
So are we. Rock the rocks this last weekend was basically nom existent. Think I saw about 4 performance boats and the rest were wave tractors.

We saw you guys out running! Your boat came out really nice, it looked super sharp on the trailer too!

I was surprised by the performance boat turnout as well, I feel like the water level scared everyone off when it shouldn't have! The boating was excellent with a ton of things to see and explore with the lower water level.

The water level obviously didn't scare away the timeshare owners and their damn wake boats. I have never seen the section between antelope and warm creek so rough, it was brutal a couple of the days trying to run through there.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We saw you guys out running! Your boat came out really nice, it looked super sharp on the trailer too!

I was surprised by the performance boat turnout as well, I feel like the water level scared everyone off when it shouldn't have! The boating was excellent with a ton of things to see and explore with the lower water level.

The water level obviously didn't scare away the timeshare owners and their damn wake boats. I have never seen the section between antelope and warm creek so rough, it was brutal a couple of the days trying to run through there.
The dock crushers was eye opening last year, we had not been in about 10 years, before those things became the rage. These fucks surf deep into the canyons, why i dont know, with rock walls and the waves bouncing back it was brutal. 28 foot daytona and we were forced to pretty much crawl until we got further up lake

McKay

Reaction score
Roughly 90 miles each way. Yes bullfrog has fuel. But only 87.

TVMNick

Reaction score
The dock crushers was eye opening last year, we had not been in about 10 years, before those things became the rage. These fucks surf deep into the canyons, why i dont know, with rock walls and the waves bouncing back it was brutal. 28 foot daytona and we were forced to pretty much crawl until we got further up lake

The amount of wake boats this weekend was the most I've ever seen on Powell and I've been boating Powell my entire life. With the cut at Castle Rock closed and all of the traffic funneling through the same area after Antelope Point it was insanity. The worst part about the dock crushers are the people driving them, total lack of boat etiquette with all of the new covid boaters, I've seen some dumb shit on Lake Powell but this weekend the amount of stupidity was overwhelming.

JD D05

Reaction score
The amount of wake boats this weekend was the most I've ever seen on Powell and I've been boating Powell my entire life. With the cut at Castle Rock closed and all of the traffic funneling through the same area after Antelope Point it was insanity. The worst part about the dock crushers are the people driving them, total lack of boat etiquette with all of the new covid boaters, I've seen some dumb shit on Lake Powell but this weekend the amount of stupidity was overwhelming.

So Ryan was being a dick huh.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
No fuel at DR so haul some, it’s a bitch pushing a boat on Powell 😉😳

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

Thanks man your boat looked great as well. Saw your boat parked right up front too! What kind of mileage are you getting in that 37? I got like 1.5 cruising which I thought was great.

TVMNick

Reaction score
Thanks man your boat looked great as well. Saw your boat parked right up front too! What kind of mileage are you getting in that 37? I got like 1.5 cruising which I thought was great.

Thank you! We've been enjoying it.

That's not bad fuel economy with the power you are running! I averaged a little over 2 mpg this weekend which I'm pretty pleased with, I didn't run very hard though. Spent most of the weekend between 70-80 just soaking everything in, the weather couldn't have been better for boating!