WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Father’s Day Gifts

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
What are you getting your Dad (if he’s still around). I tend to buy more practical things these days as he’s 71 and could care less about anything else. He’s almost done with a 57 Belair and I heard him say it’s loud inside Pretty sure he needs Dynamat which seems expensive but hey…… if he needs it he needs it.

What are RDP members buying their Dad’s?
Where should I buy Dynamat? 🤪😬

DLC

Reaction score
We just moved dad into a home and take care of all his needs so thinking some white handkerchiefs ... we call em hankies! Funny but he gets a kick out of new ones they are so white…. It’s like a new white t shirt

Dad is 79 and has Alzheimer’s….

707dog

Reaction score
got pops a cool coffee mug off etsy, also me and my son are taking him fishing, he has copd amongst other stuff but fishing is something that bonded me and him before he got sick. haven't been out since so time for a boys trip on the lake.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Someone posted earlier about these Full Auto BB guns and I had to get one for my Dad for Fathers Day
1623764082006.png

satellitemike

Reaction score
My dad "left the building" 7+ years ago. I was hoping for a new driver or some wedges but dont think thats going to happen, freaking drivers are about $500 now!!!

HBCraig

Reaction score
We just moved dad into a home and take care of all his needs so thinking some white handkerchiefs ... we call em hankies! Funny but he gets a kick out of new ones they are so white…. It’s like a new white t shirt

Dad is 79 and has Alzheimer’s….
Mine is 79 as well. I carry a hankie because he has always done that. They are old and not that white anymore but they are his that he gave to me.

DLC

Reaction score
We also call em boogie rags! LoL. But a hankie sounds better!

A few years back we got some monogrammed and the funny part was everyone gave him a hankie
The grand kids gave him grandpa and gramps ones I gave him dad and daddy-O, he calls him self “ the ol guy “ we had all kinds printed up it was funny !

Mine is 79 as well. I carry a hankie because he has always done that. They are old and not that white anymore but they are his that he gave to me.

satellitemike

Reaction score
PXG has awesome drivers for less than $300 and Costco has a bitchin wedge set (52,56,60) for only $160!
Who sells the PXG drivers, any place to try them?
Only issue w off the self clubs are they are too short, need 1.5 to 2 inches over. gonna look into them though, my wedges are shot!

Reactions: DWC

BingerFang

Reaction score
Who sells the PXG drivers, any place to try them?
Only issue w off the self clubs are they are too short, need 1.5 to 2 inches over. gonna look into them though, my wedges are shot!

I recommend getting fitted first before pulling the trigger. They do a ton of fittings at local golf shops regularly and the club comes custom built to the correct specs for you. I know PXG charges $50 for a fitting and I believe the fee is waived if you buy the club. My good friend just had a full fitting done at YES Golf in la Mirada Friday. Here is the link to schedule one in your area:

endobear

Reaction score
Haven't seen my old man but 2x in 16+ months. He lives 20 minutes away. Damn covid bs.
He can't BBQ on his condo deck so I'm having him, my sister and my mom over for steaks. Get him a nice bottle of booze, a joint and give his car a once over.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Dads gone.
I dont ever ask for or expect "presents" from my kids for being their father either. Its a gift for me to have raised them. The one request I have is that they go with me to my dads grave to give thanks for his gift to us.
On that same note. Dad has been gone for 51 yrs. now. Sis and I will be visiting his grave site and I will pour out a Hamm's (his favorite beer) for him.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I'd like to see Dad pop up on my phone. He's been gone since 2003.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I'm taking him to the river this weekend. Seems odd to say that cause we live in Havasu. I told him to bring his flat down and come cruise. I'll do all the cooking this weekend and I'll make sure the beers stay cold. Other than that, I bought him a new button up shirt from Dixxon & Mooneyes.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Wife got me this , said she was giving it to me early so I could figure it out since we will be in Havasu all week.
Kegsmith 128 oz portable keg. Thing is pretty badass so far. Had our local brewery fill it up. Holds 2 growlers .
88245588-AEAB-4826-9770-6F683038A971.jpeg
52C5D265-5065-42EA-AFFE-99F3411ED687.jpeg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Dad is 97 and kickin ass. 100% healthy and mentally all there. Every year it gets harder to figure out what to buy him. Probably take him out to eat