WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Easiest way to remove old fuel from boat?

adam909

Reaction score
I want to remove the old fuel out of my magic deck boat. Whats the easiest way?

Icky

Reaction score
I hook a primer bulb up to the line feeding the engine and run a hose to a bucket out side the boat. The primer bulb starts the siphon, then you can switch tanks like you normally would to do the other side.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
old electric pump laying around?If so go buy a few ft of fuel line put it into tank and siphon out or hook it up to the fuel inlet line to engine and suck out from there.
That shouldn’t work, not saying it won’t but it shouldn’t. The tank should have a roll over style valve to keep from allowing the hose into the tank.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I have a little electric pulse pump (used to be $20, now they’re $60) with a few feet of fuel line on each end and 10 feet of wire with alligator clips...works great. I usually try and attach it to the fuel line so it draws out as much as possible through the pickup.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
old electric pump laying around?If so go buy a few ft of fuel line put it into tank and siphon out or hook it up to the fuel inlet line to engine and suck out from there.
That shouldn’t work, not saying it won’t but it shouldn’t. The tank should have a roll over style valve to keep from allowing the hose into the tank.

that's how I do it on my Stoker.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If you have a valve like the IMCO power valve, you can remove the supply line from each tank, run a hose through the bilge drain then use a double barb, hose clamp together than use a small pump to suck the tanks dry.
Jack the bow as high as you can as the pickup should be in the rear 3-4” of the tank so while getting on plane you never suck air.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
A copper jiggler siphon valve is the easiest way I've found to get fuel transferred. They are so simple and work wonderful. Push it into the tank, shake it a little, and the siphon starts and just goes until it's dry.

s-l300.jpg

71ggPzhKNbL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Disconnect the line feeding the fuel filter, use a barb to barb adapter and an electric pump.

They actually sell a whole fuel evacuation kit on amazon that is pretty good, comes with a pump, wires ready to the clip on the batter, hose fittings etc.

bocco

Reaction score

Yup. I can't get the hose down into mine either. I wonder if the valve has something to do with it spitting back gas when I'm filling it.

azsunfun

Reaction score
why are you removing? bad gas?sitting? having hull blue printed?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My mechanic had me remove the hose from the electric fuel pump and attach another host to the fitting. I turned the key and it pumped 24 gallons in about 10 minutes. Way better than siphoning.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yup. I can't get the hose down into mine either. I wonder if the valve has something to do with it spitting back gas when I'm filling it.
Check that your vents are properly venting. Typically the tank not properly venting will cause that, as you end up pressurizing the tank. I’ve seen wax in the vents as well dirt, also seen the vent hose start deteriorating which then causes a blockage as well.

yard dog

Reaction score
I had some old fuel in my tanks , took to the boat shop and they took are of draining the tanks and told me that oil recycle companies pick it up .

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I put my old fuel in a 5 gallon bucket in the sun....on a 85 degree day, about 6” or so disappears every hour.

azsunfun

Reaction score
is he want the fuel from boat? to put in the f150?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I want to remove the old fuel out of my magic deck boat. Whats the easiest way?
Now....where to get rid of it.😂😂
If you want to be boring and responsible,
A lot of counties have haz mat drop off. In San Bernardino County, they have hazardous waste drop off at some of the city yards. I’ve taken it in 5 gal Home Depot buckets with lids and they took it no problem. They asked if I wanted the buckets back, which makes me think they’ll still give you your containers back. A few years ago, I took old gas in my gas cans with my name and number on them and picked them up about a month later, ( Chino only does the drop off twice a month).

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I haven't used my boat in so long...it might have already taken.care of itself.😂😂😂

farmo83

Reaction score
I've siphoned gas out into a 5 gallon can over the winter and will run in my mower, car, etc. Also have used an old Holley Red and tied into the fuel system at some point.

As far as where to dump it, there is always a vacant lot somewhere ;)