WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quit my job Today

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Well 7 days a week and 82+ hours a week building Amazons I'm done gave notice today last day is 7-2 , already have 2 job offers this morning for a lot more $$$ , we have a Can am and 39 guns to shoot and a little ammo :) Clear your mine your ass will follow .

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The Amazon’s are going insane right now. Million + sq ft fulfillment centers going up on every corner.

You’ll easily land somewhere pretty quick with the way construction is going right now.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I had heard that Amazon bought out all of the manufacturing dates for Dematic roller conveyor for 2021 just so they have the conveyor but don't have the buildings for it yet. Crazy!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well 7 days a week and 82+ hours a week building Amazons I'm done gave notice today last day is 7-2 , already have 2 job offers this morning for a lot more $$$ , we have a Can am and 39 guns to shoot and a little ammo :) Clear your mine your ass will follow .

You're like the only guy on here that didn't loose his guns in a flood!

Good luck on the new moves. 👍

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Good for you Mark

just_floatin

Reaction score
Good for you. Those 80 work weeks get old quick. Retired from those hours plus weekend travel five years ago. Lack of rest is not healthy for the body. I never looked back after going to 40ish hours. Much better balance in my home life and health with eight hours of sleep per night.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Congrats T&B! It's gotta feel fucking awesome!

If I were you, after working that hard, I'd wrangle a month or so of time off before starting the new....you need some river time!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congrats Mark. Tell your kids you're retiring and spending their inheritance 😁 that oughta get their attention

Someday you'll be telling people how you helped Jeff Bezos take over the world, one million square feet at a time :eek:

Xring01

Reaction score
Congrats…. I recommend you take as much time off between jobs as you can. I know thats hard to do. Do your best.

Amazon.. they are buying up just about everything they can get on the West side of Temecula. Paying huge $$$ to have people move out of the buildings they had leased. A buddy of mine got $600k from Amazon to get out of a building in 30 days that he had a 10 year lease on.

DLC

Reaction score
That’s Great! Good for you!

After a while the money isn’t worth it! It seems like the more you give the more they expect you to do….

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Again? You change jobs like some people change pontoon boats around here. :D

Congrats on the move...
But I don’t want to , they just make so you have to . This company is pretty good they just won’t fix the hours and days crap it’s we are working on it 🤬 woke up this morning tired as hell called wifey she said you sound like shit I said I’ll call you back , called the office and quit . Thanks for the kind words , some time off is for sure coming up at least until wifey kicks me out 😉😎

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Worked 80+ hour weeks for years. It will take years off your life. Good on you for having the courage to know when to walk away. It took a divorce for me to realize I was working my life away! It’s not an easy decision when your career is at stake. Enjoy your time off!!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
But I don’t want to , they just make so you have to . This company is pretty good they just won’t fix the hours and days crap it’s we are working on it 🤬 woke up this morning tired as hell called wifey she said you sound like shit I said I’ll call you back , called the office and quit . Thanks for the kind words , some time off is for sure coming up at least until wifey kicks me out 😉😎
Who's the GC. We have about 40 that we work with on a regular basis. 🤷‍♂️ :p

wallnutz

Reaction score
Dude it's time to relax and enjoy some time off. 80+ will kill you sooner than you want it too.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Maaan....nobody likes a quitter!!! Suck it up ya puss!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just kidding...good luck bro....give some time back to the fam.👍

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

I have an uncle that worked on civil construction (roads,.dams, canals) all his life. He finally got to the point that he would just name his work days/hours and wait for the call back. He always got the call back.

He's been retired for 4 years now and still gets calls to come run a job or two during the construction season.