WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

160 million horsepower! Why we can't remake the Rocketdyne F1 engines. Great article1

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
American Badasses!
From the engineers to the welders and guys turning wrenches...all of them did amazing stuff.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I used to work for a private car collector 1/2 mile down on Woolsey Canyon Road.Place will be contaminated forever

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Really cool premise but wow what a poorly written article 😬

4Waters

Reaction score
So engineers are dumber today👍

They fired one of those off at rocketdyne in Simi Valley once (before my time), they couldn't get it shut off fast enough, they broke a bunch of windows🤣. They tested the shuttle main engines the most up there while I was growing up. They would occasionally test a solid rocket booster motor and various smaller motors. It was cool as hell as it would shake the entire Valley, the solid motors were insane.👍👍

OkHallett270

Reaction score
Really cool premise but wow what a poorly written article 😬
Sometimes I feel like those internet articles are written by some AI bot in a computer program somewhere. I mean no human being in the English speaking world who pursues a career in journalism should suck that bad at grammar. Cool content in the article for sure though.

The REAL Prop Duster 281

Reaction score
I worked at Rocketdyne as a fitter building Delta and Atlas fuel and lox ducts for several years in the late eighties they had a F1 engine out front, the thing was HUGE! It was really impressive to go watch test fires in the pass, they usually did the test fires just before dusk. I am know building the Raptor engines here at SpaceX these will be great engines when they get them all figured out they run on Methane and LOX!