WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

All You Travelers On Or Heading Towards Flag Via 40....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We have some fires burning just south of Bill Williams Mtn. South side of the hills, but may effect travel. Also have two fires in the Seligman area burning, but have no info as to size or direction. Paulden has a couple fires as well, so 89 south of 40 may be effected.

Just a PSA for people on the move.

I hope @wash11 /Fort Rock Farms is safe. A lot burning around here!

77hallett

Reaction score
We have some fires burning just south of Bill Williams Mtn. South side of the hills, but may effect travel. Also have two fires in the Seligman area burning, but have no info as to size or direction. Paulden has a couple fires as well, so 89 south of 40 may be effected.

Good info. I’m supposed to be driving the fam from California to Albuquerque and stopping in Flagstaff next weekend, hopefully they gain control quickly.

fmo24

Reaction score
A buddy is leaving havasu for Florida in the morning. I just let him know about this

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We need some monsoon action…please.
My neighborhood got hit good yesterday, but dry as a bone 2 miles away. Thursday we had some spotty monsoons, but the lightning sparked most of what's burning from what they say.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
keep safe!
Between prevailing wind and geography, I think my property is safe from what's currently burning. Been watching the red glow over the hills, still kind of sketchy. We'll see what the night brings...was supposed to head out to the river place for top end rebuild fun in the morning.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Stay safe, hard to imagine this was our lot in Williamson Valley just in February 2021. Dry as a bone now, hopefully, no fires.
fullsizeoutput_603.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Stay safe, hard to imagine this was our lot in Williamson Valley just in February 2021. Dry as a bone now, hopefully, no fires.
View attachment 1016513
Yeah, as of last week out that way it was pretty dry. As a crow flies, the closest fire is probably 15-20mi N/NE of your property.
My house is probably about 20mi east of your land, maybe 8mi east of Woodchute or Mingus.

wash11

Reaction score

All good here for now but it's on everyones radar for sure.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
This is usually good information for tracking fire location and progress. If you zoom in, it will show the fire footprint.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Just got home from Atlanta and drove down through flag this morning, didn’t really see much of anything. If I didn’t read it on rdp I would not have known.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just got home from Atlanta and drove down through flag this morning, didn’t really see much of anything. If I didn’t read it on rdp I would not have known.
That's really good. At 11 last night, Forestry was saying close to 11k acres burned. Was kind of creepy, looked like daybreak...to the north, and at 11! Looks from here like the winds laid down and things are better today. Last night, they had Garland Prarie on evac watch...but it looks like it slowed quite a bit. They were running tankers bright and early out of the airport here. So many fires, hard to say where they were directed to.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Rolled up 89 about 10. 2 big columns of smoke, maybe 20 miles east. Hard to tell, but one looked a few miles further northeast, toward the back of Fort Apache.