WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Emerald Cove pro's and con's of joining

Feelin Nauti

Reaction score
Thinking of joining Emerald Cove resort and purchase a membership, what can you tell me about the place good and bad ?

fmo24

Reaction score
No comment on park but I think it’s part of Colorado River adventure membership. If it is you can buy used membership online for a very reduced price. We bought thousand trails membership as we travel full time.
A company called campground membership outlet sells used memberships for all these types of campgrounds

Bugginout

Reaction score
We call it section 8 housing on the river. Really bad electrical system. A lot of dogs die in motor homes because people are new and go on the water with the ac going Power goes out while they are out. I don't recommend the spot.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
sewer system vents smell awesome when there's no breeze. the raider nation clientele also helps make it feel like home

dspracing

Reaction score
I was just out there this weekend with some friends who are members. Overall they are pretty disappointed with their membership as opposed to what they were sold.

s for us it’s great to tag along for near free camping but its not a place I would want to spend a bunch of time at.

We hung out with a couple river rats. They roll in on a Monday and snag a river front spot for two weeks and do the same thing over and over, every single month. Fit their program perfectly.

Seems really difficult to benefit from their membership if you are a weekender. It’s also extremely difficult to get a helpful person on the phone to get the reservations you want or any sort of accurate information as you are essentially no longer a paying customer. Therefore, you get treated as such.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
If you know the game if can be ok, but gets very crowded and if you got as buoy queen you will spend the day babysitting it. Few months out of the year are pretty good, not a bad place if you have kids. They have made is harder to buy on the outside on the cheap, sold my deal 5 years ago with trailer included for 5k, told guy go to office give them $1300 transfer fee and tell them no to everything, he bought a 10k deal on top of what I sold him.

Englewood

Reaction score
It’s the projects of the river. I’d save my money and rent at pirates or similar place.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Weve been owners past 5 years. Our River season is mid September through May so our take would be completely different than anyone who is summer only.

We have a couple storage units at the Rio and rent the cottages exclusively. I dont take my motorhome out there so I cant comment on the power issue except the power going out is a river thing and it happens. We never leave our dog behind and take him to the beach, against the rules, but he's not a jackass Dog so we never have an issue.

We boat, offroad, and shoot so were busy. Two of those are a bitch to do in the summer and the crowds past couple of years, we just do the staycation thing for summer or rent a house in the keys. The beach at Emerald can seriously suck on busy weekends and the friendly factor is hit or miss. We get in the boat early and split most the time.

It doesn't check every box for us every time but still feel its worth it.

Lets say you up and decide to go to the river but don't have reservations made 6 months to a year prior? Unless its a holiday weekend Emerald can accommodate.
The cottages for us are $59 a night. Riverland has cottages that are essentially the same for $249 a night. We get a couple 7 day stays free yearly and that more than pays the yearly dues. Also since CRA Dominates everything below Riverlodge all the way to Emerald you can get a discount. For me my storage at the Rio is discounted.

Negatives - Emerald ramp...yeah fuck that. We use Rockhouse 99% of the time. Wine based bar but cheap drinks and Happy hr $6 pitchers of Stella.
Plus - Pools and tons of shit for kids to do. They don't hassle younger teens driving a cart respectfully either, which is nice.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Weve been owners past 5 years. Our River season is mid September through May so our take would be completely different than anyone who is summer only.

We have a couple storage units at the Rio and rent the cottages exclusively. I dont take my motorhome out there so I cant comment on the power issue except the power going out is a river thing and it happens. We never leave our dog behind and take him to the beach, against the rules, but he's not a jackass Dog so we never have an issue.

We boat, offroad, and shoot so were busy. Two of those are a bitch to do in the summer and the crowds past couple of years, we just do the staycation thing for summer or rent a house in the keys. The beach at Emerald can seriously suck on busy weekends and the friendly factor is hit or miss. We get in the boat early and split most the time.

It doesn't check every box for us every time but still feel its worth it.

Lets say you up and decide to go to the river but don't have reservations made 6 months to a year prior? Unless its a holiday weekend Emerald can accommodate.
The cottages for us are $59 a night. Riverland has cottages that are essentially the same for $249 a night. We get a couple 7 day stays free yearly and that more than pays the yearly dues. Also since CRA Dominates everything below Riverlodge all the way to Emerald you can get a discount. For me my storage at the Rio is discounted.

Negatives - Emerald ramp...yeah fuck that. We use Rockhouse 99% of the time. Wine based bar but cheap drinks and Happy hr $6 pitchers of Stella.
Plus - Pools and tons of shit for kids to do. They don't hassle younger teens driving a cart respectfully either, which is nice.

I e stayed with Dave a number of times. The views and beach really suck...

20210308_105107.jpg
20210308_105102.jpg
20201108_112722.jpg

LC925

Reaction score
I think I know someone that might be selling their Thousand Trails membership. Practically giving it away really. Let me know if interested and I can provide the contact.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Bought my membership for CRA for $900 20 years ago. Power does suck, but having a generator with 3 ACs doesn't. 😂
I just got back from 2 weeks there, Saturdays suck from the crowds, but I still love that place.

This was on Tuesday June 1st.

river 21.jpg

Last edited: