WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thompson bay accident

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
lbpd, some still care whats going on with the community in which they live, glad you retired with the ultimate in sucking the public for your existance, to bad it's in az you came, WELCOME TO AZ , GET THE HELL OUT, You peice of shit!!!@

Wow! One post and you some up a guys 29 years of sacrifice like that. Just not necessary. Thx Earl for 29 strong!

Brobee

Reaction score
So it said they jumped off the boat. I really hope they weren’t doing the latest TikTok trend. Seen a lot of videos like this, most aren’t wearing life vests.

View attachment 1016512

This one isn’t bad as they are all wearing life vests and most importantly it’s an inboard drive. I don’t think you could hit the prop if you tried. But doing that on an I/O would be incredibly dumb especially without vests.
My boys are 6 & 9. I wouldn’t be able to go on if something like this happened to them. I can only hope I teach them to respect the dangers that come with being on the water. There’s just so many things to watch out for.
My heart hurts for the parents of those kids. I can’t imagine what they’re going through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
lbpd, some still care whats going on with the community in which they live, glad you retired with the ultimate in sucking the public for your existance, to bad it's in az you came, WELCOME TO AZ , GET THE HELL OUT, You peice of shit!!!@

1624250812000.gif

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
It's Sunday and your retired, with all due respect, turn the scanner off. Live your life, I speak from experience.
After 29 years at LBPD and living in LB I did that same thing for awhile. Glad I moved to Havasu, no more urge to listen in.👍😁
Thanks, but that was a friend's post on Facebook. I don't even own a scanner.

Thank you both for your service!! Do or don’t do what ever the hell you want, you made it to retirement. Enjoy

702sandman

Reaction score
I think it's any parents' worst nightmare, regardless of what day.
I remember reading here that the hot/cold shock can really do a number on people. I had never heard of that, but seems logical. I wonder if that is the case here. I also wonder if the prop was their own, or another vessel's.
Sad, sad deal...

i was in Thompson bay yesterday and the water was already pretty warm. When I jumped in there was no shock at all. It’s so weird here at mead this happens a lot in summer, someone jumps in and they never come up. Sad deal for sure, i wonder how the prop strike came about

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I just saw an update... the 16 year old has not been found, search will continue in the morning.
The prop hit and one other taken to hospital... 16 yr old jumped in, rented pontoon wind drifted away, two jumped in to save him almost drowned themselves... unsure if prop hit was a result of jumping in or boat moving....

Tragic.... lack of experience on many levels...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I just saw an update... the 16 year old has not been found, search will continue in the morning.
The prop hit and one other taken to hospital... 16 yr old jumped in, rented pontoon wind drifted away, two jumped in to save him almost drowned themselves... unsure if prop hit was a result of jumping in or boat moving....

Tragic.... lack of experience on many levels...

Sad deal all around. The rental companies really need to step up... its not uncommon to see them hammer down in the no wake etc. There is zero accountability with the local companies..and that needs to change.

I hope they find the missing kid...which is the main thing,..its a child lost due to a senseless accident on what otherwise should be a weekend for celebration. As a parent I couldn't imagine the heartbreak.

Nikwho

Reaction score
i was in Thompson bay yesterday and the water was already pretty warm. When I jumped in there was no shock at all. It’s so weird here at mead this happens a lot in summer, someone jumps in and they never come up. Sad deal for sure, i wonder how the prop strike came about
Per MCSO; Four people jumped in the water for a swim. Boat blew away. Three got back to boat with two other "near drownings". The prop strike came from frantically trying to get the rental pontoon to the 16 year old, who was struggling to stay at surface. Sounds like adult male lost his balance at the rear of the boat, fell in, and was struck by the prop, while someone was attempting to maneuver the boat towards the boy. It was part of a chaotic rescue attempt. Very sad day for this family!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
:( Someone new to operating a boat, unskilled swimmers and no life vests. Not good at all. I can see the prop strike taking place due to panic on all involved. I can also really see the need for the "throwable" we are all supposed to have.

Usually when I jump off a boat to cool off, I throw a vest on. I'm a damn good swimmer, but lazy now. My kids usually have a vest on if the water is over 5ft. They can swim decent, but stuff happens fast...

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
This is terribly sad news.
Was talking to my Dad about it tonight . . . man have times changed.
I can see where people nowadays can easily look online and see the fun that people are having at Havasu, and innocently say, "We can go do that, let's get out there and rent a boat and or PWC and have some fun" , w/o having any experience.
Sadly the 'potential' for an accident seems to be increasing.
Now before anyone jumps down my throat saying, "You don't know anything about how much experience they did or didn't have" . . . you are correct.
I'm merely stating that is 'seems' easier now for a lot more folks to simply hop in a car, drive out there, swipe a credit card, and be on the water by noon.
Not sure what the answer is, some type of awareness protocol by the rental places, increased policing by the boat cops, not sure.
The summer is still young, I hope this isn't a re-occurring theme.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I can see where people nowadays can easily look online and see the fun that people are having at Havasu, and innocently say, "We can go do that, let's get out there and rent a boat and or PWC and have some fun" , w/o having any experience.
Now before anyone jumps down my throat saying, "You don't know anything about how much experience they did or didn't have" . . . you are correct.
I'm merely stating that is 'seems' easier now for a lot more folks to simply hop in a car, drive out there, swipe a credit card, and be on the water by noon.
Not sure what the answer is, some type of awareness protocol by the rental places, increased policing by the boat cops, not sure.
I see what you're saying. Times have changed, and not only in boating and such. With offroading, it used to be you built your buggy. As your skill increased, both in fabrication and seat time, the vehicle evolved. Now, credit card CanAm, and everyone has the ability to chase trophy trucks. Same with cars. I worked like hell to put together an 11 second car...stock minivans can almost do that.

In this case, it really may have been a case of panic, or even a guy who had boats before...maybe even rented one because he broke his. It may have been a father worried about his own kid put someone else behind the wheel so he could try to keep an eye on his child...

F'k me...this is one of those times I'm glad it wasn't my kid, but sad it had to be anyone's.

Check your throwables boys and girls. It may not be your guest or family member, but maybe it could help someone else's 😢

WildWilly

Reaction score
unfortunately I was at the hopsital yesterday for another reason when the family came in. Prop strike ended up not being too bad so thats the good, but man, sitting there listening to call after call with friends and family, knowing what was going on, the cries etc...that was brutal to listen to. and it got worse hour after hour. f'd up deal all around.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I see what you're saying. Times have changed, and not only in boating and such. With offroading, it used to be you built your buggy. As your skill increased, both in fabrication and seat time, the vehicle evolved. Now, credit card CanAm, and everyone has the ability to chase trophy trucks. Same with cars. I worked like hell to put together an 11 second car...stock minivans can almost do that.

In this case, it really may have been a case of panic, or even a guy who had boats before...maybe even rented one because he broke his. It may have been a father worried about his own kid put someone else behind the wheel so he could try to keep an eye on his child...

F'k me...this is one of those times I'm glad it wasn't my kid, but sad it had to be anyone's.

Check your throwables boys and girls. It may not be your guest or family member, but maybe it could help someone else's 😢
My throwable is at my reach at all times

HBCraig

Reaction score
unfortunately I was at the hopsital yesterday for another reason when the family came in. Prop strike ended up not being too bad so thats the good, but man, sitting there listening to call after call with friends and family, knowing what was going on, the cries etc...that was brutal to listen to. and it got worse hour after hour. f'd up deal all around.
That sucks. I have been in an ER when that shit happens. It's hard to stomach. You can literally hear the pain.

ikester

Reaction score
We had three-wave runners around us yesterday and you could tell they were probably new by the way they operated them. Then one person started trying to spray the others and spun out and hit the dock. He laughed and kept on riding around like the dumb ass he was.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Mohave County Sheriff's Office
9h ·
DROWNING- LAKE HAVASU CITY
On Sunday (6/20) at approximately 12:00 PM, Deputies with the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Division of Boating Safety responded to the South Basin of Lake Havasu, near the Lake Havasu Water Safety Center, for reports of a male juvenile that had gone underwater, and had not resurfaced.
Upon deputy’s arrival, they immediately donned scuba gear, and entered the water to search for the missing subject. Other deputies that arrived on scene began rendering aid to one subject who had suffered a laceration from a propeller, along with two other subjects who nearly drowned.
Through investigations, it was determined that the group, who are from Palm Springs and Canoga Park, CA were on a rented pontoon and had stopped in the South Basin of Lake Havasu. They then voluntarily exited the boat to go swimming.
Due to the high winds, the boat and its group became separated from the 16 year old juvenile, who began struggling in the water. The group boarded their boat in an attempt to retrieve the 16 year old. While the boat was being operated towards the 16 year old, an adult male fell from the back of the boat where he was struck by the propeller.
The involved boat was able to retrieve the adult with the propeller laceration, while two more subjects from the boat jumped back in the water, and attempted to swim to the struggling 16 year old. During the attempted rescue, both of the subjects began to struggle in the water while attempting to save the 16 year old. Both were able to exit the water after nearly drowning.
The subject with the propeller injury, along with the two subjects who nearly drowned, were transported to land by the Lake Havasu City Fire Boat, where they were transported to a local hospital in stable condition.
The search of the area for the missing 16 year old juvenile continued utilizing divers along with side scan sonar technology. A helicopter from Native Air responded and assisted with the search.
Search teams were forced to cease the search at nightfall, but will resume the search at first light on Monday (6/21). Please avoid the area and allow search teams room to work. At this time, high winds and water conditions are believed to be factors in this incident. This incident is still under investigation.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So it said they jumped off the boat. I really hope they weren’t doing the latest TikTok trend. Seen a lot of videos like this, most aren’t wearing life vests.

View attachment 1016512
I’ve done it at about 60. Saw it on jackass or something. One of the dumber things I’ve done. Saw a buddy toss his girlfriend out by the handle on her life jacket at around 60. That was fucked up

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I’ve done it at about 60. Saw it on jackass or something. One of the dumber things I’ve done. Saw a buddy toss his girlfriend out by the handle on her life jacket at around 60. That was fucked up
Nitro Circus, about 10 years ago, did something like that in Panama I think...sent Pastrana's Dad to the hospital with a broken pelvis or something :oops:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Nitro Circus, about 10 years ago, did something like that in Panama I think...sent Pastrana's Dad to the hospital with a broken pelvis or something :oops:
That’s what it was.. tried holding my body tight and just couldn’t. Luckily I didn’t knock myself out. Felt sooo bad for my buddies girlfriend. She got the wind knocked out of her bad. Stupid kids

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

This is spot on. Started going bad Quick in Glamis. Then the jet ski craze, and it gets worse day after day.

The internet is a double edge sword. A lot of good comes from it, but I truly believe more bad has come than good.

Life wasn't anywhere near this crazy without it.

Really sad day for that family

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

View attachment 1016512

This video should be shown as the definition of "Careless, Reckless, Negligent Operation". I've written dozens of citations over the years for this exact thing. The first one was 1979 on the Strip, at the sunken sandbar in Barefoot Alley. Some idiot took a flying leap off the back of a boat at speed. Ended up standing up in 2 feet of water. What's even stupider, was doing it in full view of a passing Coast Guard Patrol Boat.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This video should be shown as the definition of "Careless, Reckless, Negligent Operation". I've written dozens of citations over the years for this exact thing. The first one was 1979 on the Strip, at the sunken sandbar in Barefoot Alley. Some idiot took a flying leap off the back of a boat at speed. Ended up standing up in 2 feet of water. What's even stupider, was doing it in full view of a passing Coast Guard Patrol Boat.
tenor (1).gif

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Reason why I wear a life vest:

If I have an oops and strike my head my friends can find me.

I make my girls wear there's religiously. So therefore I want to be a good example. Although at thier age it's required.

If my boat drifts away and I get tired I can take a break from swimming.

There's nothing uncool about wearing a life vest. I don't always wear one but I would say 90% time I do.

Oh yeah and if we stop for swimming in open water an adult will stay in the boat and be a look out for boats weather or any other hazards.

I probably don't sound like a lot fun but it is what it is I guess.

God bless the family and kiddos. Out of respect for them I hope we can all learn and reflect from incidents like this.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

I make my girls wear there's religiously. So therefore I want to be a good example. Although at thier age it's required.

There's nothing uncool about wearing a life vest. I don't always wear one but I would say 90% time I do.

God bless the family and kiddos. Out of respect for them I hope we can all learn and reflect from incidents like this.
I stopped just jumping in some years back after reading about others jumping in and not resurfacing. Nowadays I'll just climb in and keep a hand on the vessel.

rrrr

Reaction score

Oh yeah and if we stop for swimming in open water an adult will stay in the boat and be a look out for boats weather or any other hazards.

If you go in the water off of my boat, you're gonna be wearing a PFD, no exceptions. I'm not going to be a participant in a preventable drowning.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is spot on. Started going bad Quick in Glamis. Then the jet ski craze, and it gets worse day after day.

The internet is a double edge sword. A lot of good comes from it, but I truly believe more bad has come than good.

Life wasn't anywhere near this crazy without it.

Really sad day for that family

Life was crazier without the internet, you just didn’t hear about it.

There were shootings on the water in Havasu, fights all the time, pornos being filmed, people drunk driving in boats with no consequences at all. How much of the above happens today? The place is tame compared to what it was 25+ years ago.

Today we complain that someone is saving a beach or playing music too loud.

There are probably more people out there now, sure. I’d argue there are probably the same amount of accidents now, and there are more people on the water.

I don’t think it is the rental companies responsibility to teach people how to boat safely any more than it is the responsibility of the rental car companies to teach someone how to drive the Corvette just they rented safely. Everything we do has risk, boating has risks. It was not the fault of the rental company that the group of people on board did not make good decisions that lead to a tragic outcome.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Life was crazier without the internet, you just didn’t hear about it.

There were shootings on the water in Havasu, fights all the time, pornos being filmed, people drunk driving in boats with no consequences at all. How much of the above happens today? The place is tame compared to what it was 25+ years ago.

Today we complain that someone is saving a beach or playing music too loud.

There are probably more people out there now, sure. I’d argue there are probably the same amount of accidents now, and there are more people on the water.

I don’t think it is the rental companies responsibility to teach people how to boat safely any more than it is the responsibility of the rental car companies to teach someone how to drive the Corvette just they rented safely. Everything we do has risk, boating has risks. It was not the fault of the rental company that the group of people on board did not make good decisions that lead to a tragic outcome.

You were still in your daddies underwear when there was no internet...

:rolleyes: 😁

cofooter

Reaction score
RIP

At 10:25 am MCSO located the body of the 16 year old who drowned during yesterday’s boating incident. The victims body was located in water depths of 35 ft. with visibility of 5 feet.

Family has been notified.

Our condolences go out to the family of the deceased.

Out of respect to the family, please reserve comments that are unfriendly or unhelpful.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
I was out on Havasu Thurs-Sun. The level of stupid I witnessed out there each day is getting to the point I really have to wonder what this place is turning into? The ghetoness in the channel is becoming something I do not want Lake Havasu associated with. I go to the river to get away from the woke crowd but its taking over out there now! I can only yell at so many dumbfucks on Seadoos or boats racing through no wake zones or nearly running into other boats so much. Some people do not understand the definition of or respect boating. Be careful out there guys/gals....

Last edited:

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Didnt participate in this thread but amazed at how far sideways and vitriolic "friends" can get become

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
RIP

At 10:25 am MCSO located the body of the 16 year old who drowned during yesterday’s boating incident. The victims body was located in water depths of 35 ft. with visibility of 5 feet.

Family has been notified.

Our condolences go out to the family of the deceased.

Out of respect to the family, please reserve comments that are unfriendly or unhelpful.

Awful news. 😔

traquer

Reaction score
the wind blowing the boat away was def a factor but also the current was pretty good yesterday as well. surprised me when i jumped for a "prop check". holding onto the boat i could really feel the current and when i let go i was 10' away almost instantly.
I noticed that too. RIP young lad.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I was out on Havasu Thurs-Sun. The level of stupid I witnessed out there each day is getting to the point I really have to wonder what this place is turning into? The ghetoness in the channel is becoming something I do not want Lake Havasu associated with. I can only yell at so many dumbfucks on Seadoos racing through no wake zones or nearly running into other boats so much. Some people do not understand the definition of or respect boating. Be careful out there guys/gals....
Ghetto is the perfect word to describe my last trip out there. I know I sound snobby but lake Mohave used to get me away from that shit. Looks like silverwood finally made it to lake Mohave 👎👎 and yes It’s mostly my people I’m talking about

Dalton

Reaction score
The two that jumped off trying to save him, how do you almost drown in Thompson Bay? Maybe the panic of the situation I suppose....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The two that jumped off trying to save him, how do you almost drown in Thompson Bay? Maybe the panic of the situation I suppose....

If you can’t swim.... stay out of the water.

Singleton

Reaction score
Ghetto is the perfect word to describe my last trip out there. I know I sound snobby but lake Mohave used to get me away from that shit. Looks like silverwood finally made it to lake Mohave 👎👎 and yes It’s mostly my people I’m talking about

‘my people’ = i group you into the hard working, dedicated family man category. It is the group that purchased a boat/jet ski, etc because they thought it would be cool, but never spent the time to learn WTF they are doing.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Sad deal indeed for the family. RIP young one...

I've shared one of my experiences here that happened to me 23 years ago and will tell it again as it relates to this horrific event.
July 19, 1998 I turned 40 years old we were on vacation in my home town of Crossville, TN and the family was having a large gathering at the family lake (Watts Bar) that we attended that day. It was about noonish when my cousin asked if I would take her, my aunts and some other relatives on a boat ride in her mom's pontoon boat. Being an avid boater I was more than glade to get behind the helm. They requested to go across the lake to the cliffs where my Father/Uncles had jumped off of when they were younger so off we went. There were all women on board and my cousins son and his friend who were in their younger 20's. We get there and I shut her down about 50 feet from shore. The boys jump in swim to shore and climb to the second level which was about 25' or so. I'm watching them jump a couple of times and decide it's time to show them how it's done. Now I hadn't jumped from here in probably 20+ years so instead of going strait to level 3 I jumped from level 2, no problem. Swim back to shore and climb to level 3 which in probably close to 40' and hesitate for a few minutes before I jump. I hit the water good and surface thinking it's time to get back on he boat. I look toward where I wad parked it and the wind had picked-up blowing it away from me. I start swimming toward it but the wind is pushing ever so slightly away. By the time I finally made it to the boat I was a bout ready to give up I was so winded. Actually at one point I was thinking I wasn't going to make it. I get on board, look at my cousin and ask her why in the hell didn't she start the boat and come back for us? She looked at me and said "I don't know how to drive this damn thing". I sat there for a few minutes drinking some water and getting my breath back. Thing about it they were all so busy taking to each other they didn't even notice how far they had drifted or the struggle I was having to reach them. I started the boat up and went picked up the others and we headed back to the lot.
That was an eye opener for me and ever since that day I never jump into the water unless I have a vest on or with me. Same rule goes for everyone else that's on my boat as well. Wear your PDF's when in the water folks.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
Are people renting boats still exempt from the boater safety card?

PaPaG

Reaction score

May not sound like a ton of fun but you can easily save lives by doing things the way you do them...I do the same, anyone in the water has to have a vest or a throw, 1 stays in the boat unless we are close to shore and not drifting with no wind, I always throw in an anchor line with a floatation device attached when people are in the water so they can hang onto if they feel the need or if I have to pull someone in or myself back to the boat. I have heard way to many horror stories on Mead, Mohave and Havi to do otherwise. I pray all involved are OK and I hope they find the young mans body to at least give the family some closure...prayers to all involved sad for sure.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

If you have ever tried to save a drowning victim you would know, the panic is unreal of the victim and they'll try anything to stay on the surface, even if it means trying to stay on top of you. It is truly the worst thing to watch as I have witnessed it twice in my younger days.

Last edited: