WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rude People

JD D05

Reaction score
Are people becoming less considerate or am I just becoming an intolerant ass?
Over the last few years, I have found it harder and harder to deal with some folks. I'm not sure if the issue is that we have an overabundance of of assholes running around or if it's simply that I am getting older and just have no tolerance for it. All I know is that I seem to be having more and more undesirable confrontations, and I'm starting to feel like I'd be better off selling all my toys and just staying home.
Got into it not long ago with a group of clowns at the beach. We arrived early, set up our stuff on the beach and then went out to take the kids for a quick pull. We were barely gone half an hour. When we came back a group had pulled in right on top of my sand spike and rope. They had clearly been walking right over our shit to get to their spot right behind us.
2 weeks ago we took the motor coach up for a 2 nighter. We frequent a golf course that allows camping just off the course along the 9th hole. There was hardly anyone there, so there were plenty of places to camp. We hit the course to play nine holes and come back to another fucking clown who pulls in right next to us. This is not a camp ground with designated parking stalls. Its an open field so you can park anywhere. This guy has a full 5 acres and where does he park? 20 feet from my door. By 7 pm he has the gangsta rap blasting!
Head up to our condo at Bear Lake Utah last weekend. The condo is very nice, remodeled etc, but it was built back in the late 60's. They did not use much insulation between floors back then so you can hear tenants walking across the floor above you. Well the first night the people above us brought a herd of buffalo with them. Til midnight they were stampeding across the floor oblivious to those around them.
I handled each one of these situations differently. I politely asked the folks upstairs to to quiet down which they did. The other 2 did not get the polite version because they were disrespectful out of the gate. The ones parked at the beach did move, and the clown at the campground turned down his music but the tone was set, and we had to deal with the nasty looks etc for the rest of our stay.
What I don't understand is why I have to burden myself to walk over and tell these people what they should already know. That what they are doing is bothering others, and it needs to stop. Are parents not teaching their kids to respect others? Is there no common sense to the fact that if you're 20 feet from my coach and blasting your damn music it might be a problem? I'm old school. I believe in showing people respect so long as it goes both ways. I simply do not understand the "Go fuck yourself" attitude displayed by some folks, nor do I understand why they think others are going to put up with it. Maybe some people do put up with it, but I am the farthest thing from that you will ever meet, I simply cannot let it go. It's to the point where I ask myself if all the expense, maintenance and hassle is worth it because I feel at some point in the trip I will likely have to deal with another asshole who thinks no one else matters. I wonder how long my tolerance for this type of behavior will last, or if I should hang it up before I totally lose my shit on someone all together.

This is why we snowmobile lol.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
On the lake what I have found is these people typically don’t go very far from the launch ramp. So we plan to go a lot further down the lake on crowded weekends. On Mohave you have some nice beaches which tend to be 2-4 boat spots so we make sure to completely block off half the beach if someone wants to squeeze in it’s okay. The music can be a problem like I said the further down you go the better the people are. We pulled into our spot last month and my buddy is wearing a fuck Biden shirt. So on one side you had this beat up pontoon boat and the other side was large nice 28ft deck boat full of people. So it was the deck boat people who were playing the rap music and I don’t think they could swim even. It was a weird vibe we just ignored them

4Waters

Reaction score
Over the last few years, I have found it harder and harder to deal with some folks. I'm not sure if the issue is that we have an overabundance of of assholes running around or if it's simply that I am getting older and just have no tolerance for it. All I know is that I seem to be having more and more undesirable confrontations, and I'm starting to feel like I'd be better off selling all my toys and just staying home.
Got into it not long ago with a group of clowns at the beach. We arrived early, set up our stuff on the beach and then went out to take the kids for a quick pull. We were barely gone half an hour. When we came back a group had pulled in right on top of my sand spike and rope. They had clearly been walking right over our shit to get to their spot right behind us.
2 weeks ago we took the motor coach up for a 2 nighter. We frequent a golf course that allows camping just off the course along the 9th hole. There was hardly anyone there, so there were plenty of places to camp. We hit the course to play nine holes and come back to another fucking clown who pulls in right next to us. This is not a camp ground with designated parking stalls. Its an open field so you can park anywhere. This guy has a full 5 acres and where does he park? 20 feet from my door. By 7 pm he has the gangsta rap blasting!
Head up to our condo at Bear Lake Utah last weekend. The condo is very nice, remodeled etc, but it was built back in the late 60's. They did not use much insulation between floors back then so you can hear tenants walking across the floor above you. Well the first night the people above us brought a herd of buffalo with them. Til midnight they were stampeding across the floor oblivious to those around them.
I handled each one of these situations differently. I politely asked the folks upstairs to to quiet down which they did. The other 2 did not get the polite version because they were disrespectful out of the gate. The ones parked at the beach did move, and the clown at the campground turned down his music but the tone was set, and we had to deal with the nasty looks etc for the rest of our stay.
What I don't understand is why I have to burden myself to walk over and tell these people what they should already know. That what they are doing is bothering others, and it needs to stop. Are parents not teaching their kids to respect others? Is there no common sense to the fact that if you're 20 feet from my coach and blasting your damn music it might be a problem? I'm old school. I believe in showing people respect so long as it goes both ways. I simply do not understand the "Go fuck yourself" attitude displayed by some folks, nor do I understand why they think others are going to put up with it. Maybe some people do put up with it, but I am the farthest thing from that you will ever meet, I simply cannot let it go. It's to the point where I ask myself if all the expense, maintenance and hassle is worth it because I feel at some point in the trip I will likely have to deal with another asshole who thinks no one else matters. I wonder how long my tolerance for this type of behavior will last, or if I should hang it up before I totally lose my shit on someone all together.
To answer your first question...... YES🤣

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
On the lake what I have found is these people typically don’t go very far from the launch ramp. So we plan to go a lot further down the lake on crowded weekends. On Mohave you have some nice beaches which tend to be 2-4 boat spots so we make sure to completely block off half the beach if someone wants to squeeze in it’s okay. The music can be a problem like I said the further down you go the better the people are. We pulled into our spot last month and my buddy is wearing a fuck Biden shirt. So on one side you had this beat up pontoon boat and the other side was large nice 28ft deck boat full of people. So it was the deck boat people who were playing the rap music and I don’t think they could swim even. It was a weird vibe we just ignored them
On Mohave I find most of the problem people stay within 5 miles of Katherines. After that you can find a nice quiet cove/beach all to yourself.

DWC

Reaction score
We went to the country concert in Norco this weekend. Stupid people everywhere. Stumbling hammered at 3, cutting in the beverage line, it was obvious people needed to get used to large groups again. End of the night a couple decided the shortcut out was through our group, even though the walkway was clear 10’ away. The wife thought she was playing red rover. Slammed through the middle of the group. Group consisted of a couple guys that are built like NFL d-linemen and a half-dozen cops. Thought it was going to go sideways for a minute.
Gonna be a long, hot summer with all kinds of entertainment

grumpy88

Reaction score
I feel exactly like you do . I dont think we will be using our place at the river much this year . We have zero problems in the winter everybody is respectful of each other . My wife wants to sell it simply because of everything you just described . Even in the desert people now want to camp right next to you or have there kids circle your rig so they dont have to be bothered by it . I dont know the answer but i too am becoming very cranky with people

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well it depends on what happens next.. if the economy tanks you will likely not have to deal with most of them for awhile.. lol
If it keeps going then it’s gonna be awhile. Personally I’m hoping it keeps going and everyone keeps making money. If I’m looking for quiet I know how to find it.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
This is exactly why we purchased 36 Acres up in Williams. Quiet ,no assholes. Now we enjoy having our group of friends come up with their RVs and toys. While I do miss the boat sometimes, I do not miss the expense, the maintenance and the assholes at the launch ramp.

just_floatin

Reaction score
C89793F0-329A-4EDB-9BCF-38CE0FCE1FE2.jpeg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
The answer to the question is yes, and it's only getting worse

This is why my family has always boated in coves with room for one boat. Pops was a cranky old man even in his 30s, and we never wanted him to get into a tussle should some a-hole start acting rude. lol

bonesfab

Reaction score
People suck in general. I am Anti social as I can't stand the level of stupid these days. I am letting a couple of workers rent and live in the house I just bought as my current 3 mile commute would turn into 15 mile commute and I don't know if I can tolerate the level of stupid daily.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Nope people are more inconsiderate. As long as they can make themselves look cool on social media that's all that matters.

Unfortunately everything and everyone is disposable to them even people they call their best friends. Also this is a trait that is learned from parents who didn't care about them. Pretty sad cycle.

ssc

Reaction score
1. Leave the house: See stupid people;

2. Common sense, and common courtesy ain't common;

3. The beginning of PC was the beginning of the end;

4. The me, me, me, I, I, I mentally is rampant;

5. The entitlement mentality is rampant;

6. The social media addiction is an addiction to bizarre, asinine, rude, obnoxious behavior;

7. When people are not held accountable for their actions, society breaks down;

8. When people are taught they are not responsible for their actions, then you have irresponsible people acting in an aberrant fashion without a thought as to how their actions affect anyone else.

Just my thoughts, and I see it everyday, everywhere.

Cheers, Steve

Water Romper

Reaction score
I Hear you LOUD and CLEAR!! I have noticed the same ignorant, belligerent, "Its all about me" attitude even here in Idaho. I've had the same experience in Havi and Mojave as well. It seems to be a younger crowd, very rarely do I "lock horns" with someone over say 45or 50, its the 20-30 somthing ages that think I want their crap next to me and my spot is now their spot. Matter of fact, I posted a question here a while ago about boat camping, now I'm rethinking the whole event as I am afraid if the wife and I go for a speed run, we come back and all our stuff is either ransacked or stolen. My biggest fear is violence, and I mean the ugly stuff, I foresee guns being drawn and shots fired because I wont tolerate ass holes violating my territory, my wife and disrespecting other people and property. I wont sell my toys, I just make sure I can move in a heart beat when (not if) the group of jerks do their moronic thing, I just leave (yes, I guess they win but I cant go to jail because I, like many of you have had enough) I'll just go find another spot.

Mike K

Reaction score
That could have easily been me writing that post.
I think exactly like you.
I don’t understand the rudeness or the “fuck you “ attitude at all.
I feel the exact same frustration level you do.
I have no idea what to do. I know what I wanna do.
Even if we respond politely … it could escalate things ASAP and then we have to deal with that.
So what has caused people to turn into uncivil assholes?
Lot of things … like … it’s cool to be loud and in your face with a “screw you attitude”.
But the main reason is people do not care about anything or anyone … except themselves.
It’s about what parents & teachers haven’t taught their kids on the last 40 years.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Welcome to the kids that got the participation trophies and their parents. Yes people have turned into assholes, douche bags, and I'm the only one that matters. What's really fun is when you run into a want to be MMA fighter. Saw one of these douche bags get their ass kicked at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago. By an old guy to boot. Old guy hit him two or three times before the douche even knew what happened.

traquer

Reaction score
Think it's safe to leave a camp setup overnight in a cove about 10 miles down? Don't want my stuff stolen.
I was on Mohave late Saturday evening past the powerlines and in one cove there was a half dozen nicer easy-ups and all kinds of stuff rigged down for the night and not a boat in sight. Don't think it's an issue unless you're right near the launch ramps.

capn'chuy

Reaction score
I think people are becoming more disrespectful for sure. Last evening a dude was knocked out at Windsor launch. He stopped breathing and had to get cpr. Another man who looked to be is hs 60's(?) was sitting holding his bleeding head. we were told it was over cutting in line to load their boats. We were told that a girl punched one of them.....sad world. Almost killed a man. Oh ya, and someone had a gun!

Last edited:

f12517

Reaction score
The problem is that 20 years ago this type of behavior was dealt with differently. Now if you handle it in a manner that will produce effective results you'll likely find yourself in handcuffs after. There are no repercussions for being an asshole these days so people go ahead and act like assholes. They even have their own brand "assholes live forever" Some people need to have their asses beat before they understand.

f12517

Reaction score
I think people are becoming more disrespectful for sure. Last evening a dude was knocked out at Windsor launch. He stopped breathing and had to get cpr. Another man who looked to be is hs 60's(?) was sitting holding his bleeding head. we were told it was over cutting in line to load their boats. We were told that a girl punched one of them.....sad world. Almost killed a man. Oh ya, and someone had a gun!

Bet they won't cut the line again...

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Correct on all counts. Its not just you.
Its not just down there either.
You are not alone buddy.......

Water Romper

Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again, we need to fly RDP flags, if I see a group in a cove and they have their RDP flag, I can assume I'm welcomed and and come on in ASSUMING i keep my distance, be respectful flying my flag. I see a camp sight (on or off the water) with a RDP flag, am I I'm staying by them-yup ... Is it territorial-Yup..., is it "Marking our spot"- yup... is it safety in numbers-Yup ...is it wanting to be by your own kind" - Yup... is this "racial" absolutely not ... is it decent folks want to be by decent folks-Yup.... Maybe the RDP gang should take their lakes back, fight against "assholeness" make it known this behavior is NOT acceptable. NO, Not advocating violence, but I am saying, there is safety in numbers AND knowing who's got your back. Hey, I would pony up for a RDP flag...

just_floatin

Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again, we need to fly RDP flags, if I see a group in a cove and they have their RDP flag, I can assume I'm welcomed and and come on in ASSUMING i keep my distance, be respectful flying my flag. I see a camp sight (on or off the water) with a RDP flag, am I I'm staying by them-yup ... Is it territorial-Yup..., is it "Marking our spot"- yup... is it safety in numbers-Yup ...is it wanting to be by your own kind" - Yup... is this "racial" absolutely not ... is it decent folks want to be by decent folks-Yup.... Maybe the RDP gang should take their lakes back, fight against "assholeness" make it known this behavior is NOT acceptable. NO, Not advocating violence, but I am saying, there is safety in numbers AND knowing who's got your back. Hey, I would pony up for a RDP flag...
Very cool read I can stand behind. Great Idea! Does RDP accept Zell and PayPal?

Water Romper

Reaction score
I don't think RDP sells flags (yet), it would be cool to have our own location flags- RDP- Nevada, RDP Arizona, RDP California, RDP Texas, RDP Idaho, RDP New England.......you get the idea, would these assholes ever f- with the Hells Angels, Mongols etc? hell no...of course, we are no outlaw motorcycle gang BUT... if I had a choice of being with a fellow RDP-flag group, or being with <insert asshole punks> hmmm, I would watch your stuff, have your back, be kind, respectful to your kids and family AND have the token official Coors Light drink together all the while knowing you would do the same.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Are you saying there are no A holes on RDP?

Water Romper

Reaction score
Are you saying there are no A holes on RDP?
haha, valid point- guess we cant trust anyone, flag or not. Guess I'm on my own and hope I'm not the one who ends up shooting someone, jail sucks.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
haha, valid point- guess we cant trust anyone, flag or not. Guess I'm on my own and hope I'm not the one who ends up shooting someone, jail sucks.
What sucked at jail?

Asking for a friend

arch stanton

Reaction score
about 8 years ago I was camped at about wash 10 in Glamis we had 5 RV's in our circle and when we parked there was nobody within eye site the next night a group showed up after dark and camped within 30 feet of one side of our circle that was just big enough for us to get the buggies through to the inside. they partied most of the night and we got to enjoy their choice of music until about 1 am I will just say they were not flat billers and I was not my choice of music and if it was it would not have been that loud.
the next morning the adults looked to be passed out but the kids were out at dawn and and riding around and through our camp kicking up dust on their quads and bikes, there was still nobody in our wash except the 2 camps, we chose to move are camp down to about wash 20 were nobody was camped I did not see any point in talking to anybody that disrespectful of other people so we moved all the RV's and left all the buggies and toys in the old camp until we could get back and my plan was to show them the same respect they had showed us as we left and they fell into the trap I had set, when I got back the kids were riding around the old camp throwing dirt on our toys I climbed I my buggy put on the full face helmet and pulled the belts tight and warmed up my buggy waiting for the right moment to unleash my pent up anger on the on those that were begging for it.
The moment came to begin my retribution when 2 urchins crashed into each other right behind my funco so I grabbed the turning brake for the right wheel and went full throttle and dropped the clutch the two urchins behind my left tire were thrown off their bikes and buried and we proceeded to blast their camp and all the riders that did not seek shelter inside their camp after a few minutes of as much abuse I have ever dished out to my car and their cars we headed to are new camp had they had the balls to follow they would have meet an armed to the teeth camp.

checkrdpast

Reaction score
not to change any topic here, but this the kind of thing bugs me. I'm not pointing right or wrong but that road rage incident where an 8 year old boy got shot and died. More facts are coming out that the mother flipped them off for what ever reason. it was the wrong guy to do that to and he shot at the car. My thing is I can't for any reason think why would she flip off any body regardless of the situation with your kid or kids in the car. like i said no right or wrong here.

gqchris

Reaction score
People are living in a cyber world. Plain and simple. There heads are up their ass and we need to assume these robots will attack at any moment.

Look at the way priple are driving on the freeways right now. It is pure chaos and fuckery.

When the bottom drops out, prepare to lock and load. Its only the start!

4Waters

Reaction score
Right now, we are staying in a hotel in Pinetop Az and fuking Bigfoot is walking around in the room above us.

Spectra18

Reaction score
I got renters across from me 5-7 cars usually. Thank god they stay on their side. But they all have loud exhausts and obvious key ignition auto whatever’s. They fu&king start the car , exhaust blaring. Wtf. 20 min later they drive away. Then they also bought a faggy trike. Same issue. Government checks sure take care of “ assholes!”

C-2

Reaction score
COVID and this dialogue from a fictional movie has changed me. I used to be a nice guy; let shit slide by/off of me and my family without worry...but not anymore. Done being that guy.

Take a quick listen...it's only a minute and makes a lotta sense.

mothershipper

Reaction score
Shitty parenting and the trickle down effect combined with too many people.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Yes, people are rude and disrespectful these day. We are very divided in this country right now, this division has set an undertone on how we look at and treat each other. A lot of us were raised in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Those were different times, we had no internet and social media back then. The younger generation and others are being influenced by social media. Most of America was patriotic decades ago, we all loved America. Now, it has become socially acceptable to step on or burn our flag. Prayer is taken out of schools, the Pledge of Allegiance is being taken out of our schools etc... And it doesn't help that we're all getting older and less patient. All we can do is take care of our families and friends, pray for our country and hope for the best.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
When I was in high-school, if there was a beef with somebody, you fought. No guns, no baseball bats, no knives. Just Duke it out. Now when that happens several people will jump the one, there is a good chance there will be guns,

Hell it wasn't that long ago people were getting shot for stepping on somebody's shoes.

Civility has been tossed out with the trash. Stupid punks are reproducing at an alarming rate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk