WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Free rent…. Only in Ca.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
With the tax credit you will get half based on your 2019 taxes to get the 2nd half you need to file for 20'. Haven't herd anything about owning it back once you file for 21' if you made over.
They use the 2020 returns for the initial payment qualification establishment. The tax credit itself is for the 2021 taxes so it is based up on your 2021 Adjust Gross Income.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Been saying this is happening for a decade now..........we are closer than we have ever been.

History
Cloward and Piven were both professors at the Columbia University School of Social Work. The strategy was outlined in a May 1966 article in the liberal magazine The Nation titled "The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty".

The two stated that many Americans who were eligible for welfare were not receiving benefits, and that a welfare enrollment drive would strain local budgets, precipitating a crisis at the state and local levels that would be a wake-up call for the federal government, particularly the Democratic Party. There would also be side consequences of this strategy, according to Cloward and Piven. These would include: easing the plight of the poor in the short-term (through their participation in the welfare system); shoring up support for the national Democratic Party-then splintered by pluralistic interests (through its cultivation of poor and minority constituencies by implementing a national "solution" to poverty); and relieving local governments of the financially and politically onerous burdens of public welfare (through a national "solution" to poverty).

Strategy
Cloward and Piven's article is focused on forcing the Democratic Party, which in 1966 controlled the presidency and both houses of the United States Congress, to take federal action to help the poor. They stated that full enrollment of those eligible for welfare "would produce bureaucratic disruption in welfare agencies and fiscal disruption in local and state governments" that would: "...deepen existing divisions among elements in the big-city Democratic coalition: the remaining white middle class, the working-class ethnic groups and the growing minority poor. To avoid a further weakening of that historic coalition, a national Democratic administration would be constrained to advance a federal solution to poverty that would override local welfare failures, local class and racial conflicts and local revenue dilemmas."

They further wrote:

The ultimate objective of this strategy—to wipe out poverty by establishing a guaranteed annual income—will be questioned by some. Because the ideal of individual social and economic mobility has deep roots, even activists seem reluctant to call for national programs to eliminate poverty by the outright redistribution of income.
Michael Reisch and Janice Andrews wrote that Cloward and Piven "proposed to create a crisis in the current welfare system – by exploiting the gap between welfare law and practice – that would ultimately bring about its collapse and replace it with a system of guaranteed annual income. They hoped to accomplish this end by informing the poor of their rights to welfare assistance, encouraging them to apply for benefits and, in effect, overloading an already overburdened bureaucracy."

Focus on Democrats
The authors pinned their hopes on creating disruption within the Democratic Party:

"Conservative Republicans are always ready to declaim the evils of public welfare, and they would probably be the first to raise a hue and cry. But deeper and politically more telling conflicts would take place within the Democratic coalition...Whites – both working class ethnic groups and many in the middle class – would be aroused against the ghetto poor, while liberal groups, which until recently have been comforted by the notion that the poor are few... would probably support the movement. Group conflict, spelling political crisis for the local party apparatus, would thus become acute as welfare rolls mounted and the strains on local budgets became more severe.”

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I have a question about the child tax credit thing. Since my wife and I file joint and make less than $410,000 a year, we qualify for $2K per child and we have got it every year since the Trump tax plan changed the maximum income for the child tax credits.

If I am reading this right, it sounds like the payments being made under this "relief" program are just an advance of our tax credits?? So if I was to receive $10K worth of payments under this program, then my child tax credit would go from $20K to $10K for 2021??

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I have a question about the child tax credit thing. Since my wife and I file joint and make less than $410,000 a year, we qualify for $2K per child and we have got it every year since the Trump tax plan changed the maximum income for the child tax credits.

If I am reading this right, it sounds like the payments being made under this "relief" program are just an advance of our tax credits?? So if I was to receive $10K worth of payments under this program, then my child tax credit would go from $20K to $10K for 2021??
Its up to $3k for kids 7 and over, and $3,600 for kids under 7. Total. So an additional $1k or $1,600 per kid. Assuming you as a couple are under the Adjusted Gross Income. Half of the TOTAL credit is to be payed out over the last 6 months of the year, unless you go onto the IRS website and set it up for otherwise as an advance on your 2021 taxes.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Its up to $3k for kids 7 and over, and $3,600 for kids under 7. Total. So an additional $1k or $1,600 per kid. Assuming you as a couple are under the Adjusted Gross Income. Half of the TOTAL credit is to be payed out over the last 6 months of the year, unless you go onto the IRS website and set it up for otherwise as an advance on your 2021 taxes.

You may receive half of the Child Tax Credit for each child in equal payments each month for the remainder of 2021. Payments will start in July.

• For each qualifying child under age 6, you will receive up to $1,800 in advance, generally paid in six monthly payments of $300. - 2 KIDS
  • For each qualifying child over age 6 and under age 18, you will receive up to $1,500 in advance, generally paid in six monthly payments of $250 - 3 KIDS
These advance payment amounts begin to be reduced if your modified AGI exceeds:

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower; - On extension for 2020 and 2019 was over $150K
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household; or
  • $75,000 if you are a single filer or are married and filing a separate return.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'm more conservative than most of you guys....before we get to the free rent disaster...

Why should childless people pay more tax for others decision to spawn?

Population creates the problems, having more kids should cost exponentially more - not get subsidized by everyone else.
I'm with you 10000%. I have bitched my entire childless married life, 42 years, about having to pay for shit other people use. Schools, libraries, amongst many others. What did we get out of it? I've bitched about the offspring that shoot out 9 months after mama and dada fucked all Friday night and they get credit for it, WHY? You have kids YOU pay for them NOT me. 3/4 of the worlds problems right now are because of over population, just wait and see what happens when there's nothing left to eat or drink. Just can't believe the government pays humans to reproduce!!!!!

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
They use the 2020 returns for the initial payment qualification establishment. The tax credit itself is for the 2021 taxes so it is based up on your 2021 Adjust Gross Income.

Supposedly a child tax payment is coming soon and the IRS is using your 19' returns or 20' (if done). If using your 19' then you will only get half till your 20' is done. If over the threshold for 20' then you don't get the 2nd half.

Not sure if this is the same credit you are talking about... this is what my accountant is doing. First time ever filing an extension so I get the 1st half credit as I wouldn't get anything if I already filed for 20'.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm with you 10000%. I have bitched my entire childless married life, 42 years, about having to pay for shit other people use. Schools, libraries, amongst many others. What did we get out of it? I've bitched about the offspring that shoot out 9 months after mama and dada fucked all Friday night and they get credit for it, WHY? You have kids YOU pay for them NOT me. 3/4 of the worlds problems right now is because of over population, just wait and see what happens when there's nothing left to eat or drink. Just can't believe the government pays humans to reproduce!!!!!

What is sad is that all these parents are getting money for kids. But all the elderly don't get shit and are on a fixed budget . Add inflation on top now they are losing more, and many will need to ditch their meds for food.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
What is sad is that all these parents are getting money for kids. But all the elderly don't get shit and are on a fixed budget . Add inflation on top now they are losing more, and many will need to ditch their meds for food.
As a field paramedic we are starting to see this, I work in the low income/ghetto communities and we are now seeing more 911 calls stemming from patients who are not caring and/or medicating themselves correctly. Ultimately they will get care, but at the cost of overcrowding hospitals and depletion of first responder resources. It used to be rare to have delayed response times, it is now becoming more common than one would think

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
RodnJen, BobbyV, and Havasu1986

"Finally single payer rent is here and we are so very very happy"

👍 ;)

81602684_3021704717853529_7604963514305740800_n.jpg

f12517

Reaction score
I’ve seen that. So I’m going to get an extra $850 a month.
Why? I switched jobs and got a huge bump
In pay and my wife got a big promotion all during covid. We are making like 40k more this year than 2020. But since all this relief shit has been off 2019 or 2020 taxes they keep sending us money.

Im sure there are plenty of others like us out there getting money handed out for no dam reason, which just adds to the inflation.

So did you send all the free money back to the Govt with a note saying no thank you? Or did you keep it?

My wife lost her job in May 2020 and we haven’t received a fuckin nickel in Govt cheese because we were both employed in 2019. Not that I want or need a penny from our Govt, but I’d like all this bullshit to stop. I’m tired of paying for it!😡😡😡

f12517

Reaction score
The ones that are truly getting fucked are the front line "Heros" workers, we get nothing but paying the bill.🤬 good way to treat your heros.

Preach it!!!! Some of us are the businesses who support the "heroes" that got no support, no mention, and no credit for coming to work EVERY FUCKING DAY during the pandemic (with no access to PPE), and were told to go the end of the line behind teachers and Starbucks workers when vaccines were finally available. We can debate the merit of the vaccines, but its a respect thing for me in terms of who and when people were allowed vaccinations. My employees and I were told that teenage Starbucks baristas and McDonald's employees (all of whom were behind drive thru windows) were more deserving than we were. My guys came to work through it all. Thankfully I was able to decide within a few weeks that I did not have to implement cost savings of cutting their hours, their rates or laying them off. I paid the freight for several weeks while we waited for business volume to come back up. And other than a PPP loan, .Gov hasn't given me a fuckin thing!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Preach it!!!! Some of us are the businesses who support the "heroes" that got no support, no mention, and no credit for coming to work EVERY FUCKING DAY during the pandemic (with no access to PPE), and were told to go the end of the line behind teachers and Starbucks workers when vaccines were finally available. We can debate the merit of the vaccines, but its a respect thing for me in terms of who and when people were allowed vaccinations. My employees and I were told that teenage Starbucks baristas and McDonald's employees (all of whom were behind drive thru windows) were more deserving than we were. My guys came to work through it all. Thankfully I was able to decide within a few weeks that I did not have to implement cost savings of cutting their hours, their rates or laying them off. I paid the freight for several weeks while we waited for business volume to come back up. And other than a PPP loan, .Gov hasn't given me a fuckin thing!
I'm glad someone is willing to speak up, granted I don't know what you do for a living but you are absolutely right. I am a front line worker and what ppl forget is that the infrastructure and supplies needed came from somewhere. The mobile testing station, the mobile treatment centers, new hospital construction, hospital remodels to make the centers covid compliant, the upgrades to their utilities, the suppliers of needed equipment, etc all came from somewhere. I won't call out any certain professions but there was absolutely over credit in some areas and grossly under credit in others.

Just know some of us haven't forgotten you guys

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
This is nothing more than Newsome buying votes and avoiding the recall.
SHTF ? … blame a Democrat voter.

Yep, the scumbag has commercials on TV right now talking about how he is giving free money to people. Nothing but buying votes.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So did you send all the free money back to the Govt with a note saying no thank you? Or did you keep it?

My wife lost her job in May 2020 and we haven’t received a fuckin nickel in Govt cheese because we were both employed in 2019. Not that I want or need a penny from our Govt, but I’d like all this bullshit to stop. I’m tired of paying for it!😡😡😡
Send the money back but pay the inflation. And eat the rise in costs of everything.
Nope.
If you are not getting the government cheese you are making a decent living.
I’m sorry to hear you wife lost her job. But there are jobs out there to be filled. May not be what you want.
I took a job for 6months in 2020 that I hated. But it paid the bills until I got where I wanted to be.

4Waters

Reaction score
Hey man, I was out there working as well, this is bullshit.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
black rock is buying homes to rent out using almost free fed money...they can weather the non rent payers...get a check for back rent from the gubment...inflation raises the value of the home while the repayment of inflated money does the opposite....if somehow inflation doesn’t happen...they get a bailout. Do you think this is intentional?

4Waters

Reaction score
black rock is buying homes to rent out using almost free fed money...they can weather the non rent payers...get a check for back rent from the gubment...inflation raises the value of the home while the repayment of inflated money does the opposite....if somehow inflation doesn’t happen...they get a bailout. Do you think this is intentional?
No🙄 lol

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Just tried to unenroll in the early payments. It’s crazy. To set up an account they want your phone number, pictures of your ID and then they want to do a face scan to confirm identity. I’m not comfortable with that and can’t find a way around it yet. I really don’t want the early payments though.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Great time to have kids, tax credits, parental leave when every you want, payed, baby bonding 3 months even for dad, throw in a little Covid kid care, with a FMLA chaser and you may only work a 1/3rd of a year.

Icky

Reaction score
So, if I rented my house to myself and myself hasn’t paid a dime of rent ever, can I collect my past due rent from the state?
Asking for a friend.
I think if you rent your house to your friend, and he rents his to you this could work. Or maybe a group of friends rent theirs out so there is less suspicion 😎