WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Inform me on Baja boats.

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the Outlaw or Hammer 20 or 21'. Small block or big block. Are they mass produced? Chopper or hand laid? What do you guys know? Looking for a used boat, not used up.

boatpi

Reaction score
I visited the plant in Ohio when they were making them I’m not sure if you’re still in business. They use a lot of balsa wood in the core upfront and makes for a very quiet riding boat they want the fastest but they were built pretty strong

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Are they mass produced?

They are like the bayliner of powerboats aka mass production. Have had a couple friends have the bigger ones. Nothing wrong with them..they are a dime a dozen in the midwest and Texas.

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My friend had a Baja 30' with twin 500HP power. Quality was on par with 90's - Mid 2000's Nordics it seemed. Production boat, but nothing wrong with that. Rode like a cadillac

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Had a hammer for a few years. Boat was not the best build but at the time I was 19 and it got the job done. 454 mag with bravo 1 and would run low 60s with mild load and handle the havasu slop ok for a smaller boat. The hammer does like some trim though.

I actually sold the boat due to it starting to have boat pox and soft stringers. Problem was that in the late 90s and early 2000s there were not drain holes in the stringers and dealers would hole saw drain holes. Consequently, the wood was not sealed from the drain hole and would start to rot.
Screenshot_20210622-132940_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210622-132918_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Baja Boats are probably the most underated performance boat out there. They are a "production custom boat" meaning they were pushed out but buyer could opt for different custom touches. I bought a brand new 1997 24' Baja Outlaw built it new from the factory with a 454 mag on a trailer for 55k out the door! Ended up putting a blown 650 HP motor in it eventually but I rant that boat in the ocean and on lakes for over 7 years with no integrity issues. The 24 degree vee bottom ate up rough water surprisingly well.

They're a lot more popular in the mid west since they were built in Ohio for ever. Over the years, as with any company that has / had been around for 40 plus years there were issues here and there but overall, very well built boat. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that actually owned a Baja that would have much negative to say about them. Little stuff like the bolster seats weren't through bolted down, or the wood in the engine hatch tended to rot from poor drainage or other little gripes but over-all, every person I've known that has owend a Baja has nothing but good things to say about them. Buddy owns a 40 outlaw right now and he LOVES it! And has owend a 38 Scarab and a 65 Searay. And yes, they are hand laid fiberglass.

I would recommend starting your search with a 24' mid to late 90's Oulaw. The 20' is a pretty small boat especially on havasu now - days. @ChiliPepperGarage had a brand new 20' outlaw built.

Note the difference in models as well. If you want that aggressive offshore look, search for the outlaw models. If you want softer euro looking offshore, search the BOSS models and if you want a lake cruiser search islander models.

A LOT of bang for the buck with a Baja.

baja1.JPG
baja2.JPG
baja3.JPG
baja4.JPG
111.png
12345.png

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
FYI, they're not made in Ohio any longer. The crash of 08 put a hurtin on them and their parent company brunswick corp sold Baja, Founaint, Donzi and Proline to Liberty financial. They put Craig Barrie (former owner of Cigarette, creator of Dragon powerboats and now runs Statement) in charge for a few years. Craig did the best he could under hte control of Liberty who were not boat savvy and apparently not very interested in the companies. But in 2016 Custom Marine Group bought out all 4 brands and have done decent job slowly putting out new Fountain, Baja and Donizis (and pro lines) over the years. They're all built in the old Fountain factory in North Carolina now. The new Bajas are GORGEOUS.

Also, the original company did some really cool one off custom boats. People always say they were production boats which, yeah, the factory churned out semi custom boats but when they wanted to, they pumped out some seriously cool custom stuff!

They raced a 36 outlaw with Merc 900's and SSM#5's for a few years
Baja B36 1.jpg
Baja B36 2.jpg
Baja B36 3.jpg

and had a matching 42' that was the only stepped boat they ever built run as pace boat for the season.
Baja APBA 420 2.jpg
img_8owQfu3fBL4CFzK.jpg

Besides the staggered race boat they built one other staggered 36 outlaw that was a RUNNER. Always wanted to buy it. It was built by a prominent lawyer in the Ohio area. It sold again a few years back and was pretty beat up at that point but still with some TLC would've been a bitchen boat. Tiny cockpit though.
36 Outlaw.jpg
36 Outlaw II.jpg
SCAN0031.jpg
SCAN0032.jpg
SCAN0033.jpg

They also built the pretty popular Poker Run themed factory boats.

The first poker run 40 (my buddy now owns)

Boat AC Pictures 269 (Custom).jpg

Lucky 7's.

Baja Lucky 7 1 (3).jpg

DSC00694.JPG

Split Decision
095054_2012_Baja.jpg
c8688b2b964ad726f5eae770f6f043d8.jpg

Poker Face

POKER FACE.jpg
Pokerface Run Horz.jpg

And Spotlight that tragically was dropped off the fork lift and destroyed. Company cut it up.

DSC08385.JPG
DSC08535.JPG
DSC00157.jpg
DSC00159.jpg

Also, they had Peter (skater) create the molds for a stepped bottom 40 outlaw when they were thinking about producing a stepped hull. The mold was built but Baja decided not to do a stepped boat. Skater built the boat as the skater 399 Vee bottom, which the first one raced as Spiderman. Yep, the 399 Skater was almost a Baja!

skaterv80.jpg
Spiderman.jpg

In the 80's they even built cats! A handful of 32' cats that raced and last but not least (I saved the best for last) the skat cat Baja Mini Cats. Bad ass.

baja.jpg

9a9288bcb1ab25c610658bafbe5efb99.jpg
1987-baja-scat-f-1-race-car-driver-designed-4.jpg
baja-scat-cat-2634874.jpg

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Baja Boats are probably the most underated performance boat out there. They are a "production custom boat" meaning they were pushed out but buyer could opt for different custom touches. I bought a brand new 1997 24' Baja Outlaw built it new from the factory with a 454 mag on a trailer for 55k out the door! Ended up putting a blown 650 HP motor in it eventually but I rant that boat in the ocean and on lakes for over 7 years with no integrity issues. The 24 degree vee bottom ate up rough water surprisingly well.

They're a lot more popular in the mid west since they were built in Ohio for ever. Over the years, as with any company that has / had been around for 40 plus years there were issues here and there but overall, very well built boat. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that actually owned a Baja that would have much negative to say about them. Little stuff like the bolster seats weren't through bolted down, or the wood in the engine hatch tended to rot from poor drainage or other little gripes but over-all, every person I've known that has owend a Baja has nothing but good things to say about them. Buddy owns a 40 outlaw right now and he LOVES it! And has owend a 38 Scarab and a 65 Searay. And yes, they are hand laid fiberglass.

I would recommend starting your search with a 24' mid to late 90's Oulaw. The 20' is a pretty small boat especially on havasu now - days. @ChiliPepperGarage had a brand new 20' outlaw built.

Note the difference in models as well. If you want that aggressive offshore look, search for the outlaw models. If you want softer euro looking offshore, search the BOSS models and if you want a lake cruiser search islander models.

A LOT of bang for the buck with a Baja.

View attachment 1017125 View attachment 1017126 View attachment 1017127 View attachment 1017128 View attachment 1017129 View attachment 1017130
Go Tank Go! You dropped a blown 650hp in that eh.... super fun 1st boat

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I have an '03 Outlaw 20 w/ the standard 260hp 5.0MPI / Alpha setup. First boat, bought it to learn the ropes and find myself not wanting to let it go.

Although there's marginal power on tap compared to the big boys; the light weight, short beam and 21deg deadrise make for a really great time in the rough stuff. Riding up on the keelpad makes for a damn good ride across the early morning glass too.

The first owner had it built with all the bells and whistles which is what I'd look for as well. Snap in carpet w/ the "Outlaw" logo, extended fiberglass swindeck, fire supression system, tabs w/ controls on the steering column and both a cockpit cover and Baja branded towing cover. I added a 2nd battery, a soundsystem w/ remote controls on the helm and additional speakers up front. I was pleasantly suprised to find the transom thickness is identical to the 40-oulaws when installing the transom radio controls.

Some of my favorite characteristics of the Outlaw 20 are as follows:
- over 7' of foredeck storage space big enough for me to sit upright in. I carry two nice camping chairs, a 12'x12' pop-up canopy, a 4-person tent and all my bedding/accessories up there and still have room to stow an inflated tube and my bimini.
- 50gallon bell tank from which the 305 sips on like a baby kitten
- easy access to the bow due to the low profile design
- huge sunpad to lay out on
- the through tramson exhaust sounds much meaner than it actually is because of the large swimdeck haha

Last edited:

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I'm interested in the Outlaw or Hammer 20 or 21'. Small block or big block. Are they mass produced? Chopper or hand laid? What do you guys know? Looking for a used boat, not used up.

I owned both 20 and a 21’ v6 bravo drives both great boats laid up in Ohio then moved up to a 32 then the 38
All but the 38 I bought new from a shady dealer in NE Ohio
All were built out of Ohio before the sold out to the bowling ball company
Solid fast good lines
Not sure of new models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
If you want to go one step up but it may cost a lot more depending upon the engine power look at formula

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Like @Tank said, I had a brand new 20 Outlaw. It was a great boat for what it was and I ran it on Havasu many times and it did fine. The only reason I sold it because I got involved with SCOPE and needed a bigger boat (I bought a Cigarette) for running in the Pacific. I've actually been looking for another as I'm now in Northern NV and we have a bunch of smaller lakes that it would be well suited for. Look for one with a 350 instead of the 305. Should run mid 60's.

109-0923_IMG.JPG

I also bought a 25 Outlaw brand new. It was a 496HO boat and ran mid 70's. I'd buy another one of these too if I could find a good deal on one. They are a big boat for a 25 footer. I would have kept it but actually sold it with very low hours for more than I paid for it.

143-4334_IMG.JPG

Al's Boat Lake Mead 003.jpg

I also had a 29 Outlaw that I bought used. It had twin 7.4 MPI's and ran 65. This was my favorite boat and wish I still had it. I would have bumped up the power and done some other changes but I had it for many years and it served me well. I consistently ran it in the Pacific with the SCOPE boys, up and down the coast and many runs to Catalina. Sure, when flying the boat I'd get some rattles but it never stress cracked or fell apart and it was stone reliable and relatively cheap to operate (compared to big powered Cigs, Fountains, Formulas, etc). Many trips to Havasu and Desert Storm as well as Big Cat on Disco Bay. And yes, I'd buy another one of these too if I could find a deal on one (even though I'm still a Cig guy at heart). Actually, a 33 Outlaw I think would be my ideal boat).

162-6284_IMG.JPG

158-5802_IMG.JPG

158-5880_IMG.JPG

158-5886_IMG.JPG

IMG_1515.jpg

100_6169.jpg

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@ChiliPepperGarage is there any truth behind Baja limiting the power package in the 20 Outlaws due to chine walk?

Everything I've read says they dont like big power but I sure as shit would love to build an uber reliable twin turbo setup for the 305 🤪

Tank

Reaction score
Go Tank Go! You dropped a blown 650hp in that eh.... super fun 1st boat

Oh yeah. It ran really well. Mid to upper 80's. The 24 Outlaw weighed in at just over 5k lbs. Ran many catalina runs, channel islands runs, up to santa barbara for lunch, etc etc. Like Al said above, few rattles and what not when airing them out and beating 'em up in the ocean but I never had stress cracks or a hull integrity issue. Frankly, never had ANY major issue with that boat for the 7 years I ran it. I ran the shit out of it too.
@ChiliPepperGarage is there any truth behind Baja limiting the power package in the 20 Outlaws due to chine walk?

Everything I've read says they dont like big power but I sure as shit would love to build an uber reliable twin turbo setup for the 305 🤪

My 24 had a little chine walk at high speeds but you can drop the tabs slightly and it goes away. Gotta remember the 20 had a 21 degree vee I believe and no pad. Big power is like balancing a bowling ball on a razor blade I believe is how the term goes. ;) 👍

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

Yeah, mine would chine walk a bit at full throttle. Maybe I was just ignorant and new to fast boating but it never scared me and I just kept in it and "drove" it. I think good tabs would have helped it. I think it would be a blast to build a blower SBC motored 20 Outlaw with a Bravo drive. I don't think I'd mess around with the 5.0 as I'm not sure how stout the lower end is.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Oh yeah. It ran really well. Mid to upper 80's. The 24 Outlaw weighed in at just over 5k lbs. Ran many catalina runs, channel islands runs, up to santa barbara for lunch, etc etc. Like Al said above, few rattles and what not when airing them out and beating 'em up in the ocean but I never had stress cracks or a hull integrity issue. Frankly, never had ANY major issue with that boat for the 7 years I ran it. I ran the shit out of it too.

My 24 had a little chine walk at high speeds but you can drop the tabs slightly and it goes away. Gotta remember the 20 had a 21 degree vee I believe and no pad. Big power is like balancing a bowling ball on a razor blade I believe is how the term goes. ;) [emoji106]

22/24 I played with several prop setups I can’t remember been a long time ago what prop got rid of it
Tank remembers the fiasco with
National Marine

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Tank its a 21 degree vee and it does have a keelpad. The boat comes alive when you get up on it too but the dual ram bennetts keep it in check.

I just want to tinker. Figured if I pull the motor to install captains call exhaust might as well fab up the hot side ;)

Tank

Reaction score
@Tank its a 21 degree vee and it does have a keelpad. The boat comes alive when you get up on it too but the dual ram bennetts keep it in check.

I just want to tinker. Figured if I pull the motor to install captains call exhaust might as well fab up the hot side ;)
She'll be a runner!! 😁 👍

22/24 I played with several prop setups I can’t remember been a long time ago what prop got rid of it
Tank remembers the fiasco with
National Marine

Ugh, people got burned on that deal. It was the handbook for those to follow like Tim / OCM!

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Hopefully its not a runner and I sell it bone stock. Of course after I find a Hallett 270s non-stepped closed bow for cheap :rolleyes:

Warlock1

Reaction score
I had one. Not an Outlaw but this thing was like a time capsule. Interior was mint, the gel still shined. Had some minor issues but I handled those easily and then sold it to make a little money.
20190806_172740.jpg
20190806_172819.jpg
20190806_172819.jpg
20190813_180349.jpg
20190814_160110.jpg

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
@Spectra32 which one for sale are you thinking about?
Cowboy's had one a couple weeks ago. Liked it. It sold. I think he was asking a little to much for it. Someone painted a red stripe on the side. 5.0 v8. My neighbor has a hammer 454 chevy, on his hydrolift. Sounds nice. I like the hull style. Just getting ideas for now. Boats, car prices are crazy right now so I'm window shopping unless I find something that works for us.
Thanks everyone.

HBCraig

Reaction score
@Tank is right. Custom Marine Group is it. I know this because the owner is also a major crane manufacturer and we swap stories here and there. Fred Ross is one of the owners. Very good in business. From what I gathered he dies best with the Donzi line. He is a competitor but I respect the guy. He knows his business.

His crane business is called Custom Truck.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Be sure to check the stringers and transom before you buy one. They were notorious for stringer and transom issues. They were built in the same city, Bucyrus, Ohio, as Checkmates for many years. The old owner evidently ran it into the ground and dumped it. Then he bought Checkmate and ran it into the ground. It's a long story. As I remember, Baja's were heavy and it took lots of hp to get them on top of the water and moving. However, I have never owned one, nor would I, but you can go to the Checkmate forum and find several threads about them there. There is also a Baja forum out there somewhere to get more info on them.

rrrr

Reaction score
My buddy Randy had an '04 Outlaw 24 with a 496. It ran a bit over 70 MPH and had a nice ride. He used the heck out of it for 10 seasons with no floor or stringer issues.

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
@Spectra32 mind sharing what the 5.0 was listed for? I’m mainly on Craigslist across the country.
It was listed at $19,500.00. It's in the white sheet in Lake Havasu, June 22, page 27. I think the boats, rv, etc are on consignment at Cowboys, same at the boat broker.

Tank

Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
Be sure to check the stringers and transom before you buy one. They were notorious for stringer and transom issues. They were built in the same city, Bucyrus, Ohio, as Checkmates for many years. The old owner evidently ran it into the ground and dumped it. Then he bought Checkmate and ran it into the ground. It's a long story. As I remember, Baja's were heavy and it took lots of hp to get them on top of the water and moving. However, I have never owned one, nor would I, but you can go to the Checkmate forum and find several threads about them there. There is also a Baja forum out there somewhere to get more info on them.

LOL, ummmm, close but not quite. Doug Smith founded Baja in 1971 and grew it to a nationally respected brand, selling it in 1994 to Brunswick Corp. He stayed on running Baja and continuing to grow the brand until 2000 when he left, during what was the peak years of Baja. Baja hit the wall in 2009 becaue of flooring models and a crushing economy and brunswick bailing on them and selling to Liberty (horrible company). Doug Smith bought Checkmate in 2007 at which point Checkmate had pretty much been stagnant for 10 years with sales down from the late 90s to the time Smith bought them. Basically he bought a fledgling company. Smith came in and changed some models, brought an inboard model line up, updated interior and gel designs that hadn't been changed in a decade and then the economy crashed and the boating market drastically changed for the worse in what felt like overnight. Smith personally did not run either company into the ground. He sold baja at the height of their popularity after taking it there and he bought Checkmate at the lowest level of their popularity and then got blindsided by economics that were out of his control. Also worth noting, original founder of Checkmate, Bill Comb's sons worked at Checkmate and with Smith for many years after Smith bought the company from Combs. Smith sold Checkmate to Hustler Powerboats Parent company (Hustler is also sister company of Outerlimits) in 2013. Hustler never did much with the brand and it was sold in 2020 to Pete Caldwell, who again, hasn't done much with Checkmate thus far.

As far as Baja being notorious for stringer rot? Never heard that and I've known MANY owners of Bajas. Not saying it never happenens, ANY boat can be a victim of stringer rot if not cared for properly. Heavy boats? I'd say average weight, my 24' weighed 5k with a nice cuddy. Ran over 85 with 650hp and bravo drive. You read the comments above from people that have owned bajas and it's 99% good comments. As usual, it's peopel that have never owned one that have negative things to say. It's a stigma that has plagued Baja for many years.

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
Baja are popular up here, always a few on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. I considered going that route to get on the water this year. But like the big old Formulas better.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
LOL, ummmm, close but not quite. Doug Smith founded Baja in 1971 and grew it to a nationally respected brand, selling it in 1994 to Brunswick Corp. He stayed on running Baja and continuing to grow the brand until 2000 when he left, during what was the peak years of Baja. Baja hit the wall in 2009 becaue of flooring models and a crushing economy and brunswick bailing on them and selling to Liberty (horrible company). Doug Smith bought Checkmate in 2007 at which point Checkmate had pretty much been stagnant for 10 years with sales down from the late 90s to the time Smith bought them. Basically he bought a fledgling company. Smith came in and changed some models, brought an inboard model line up, updated interior and gel designs that hadn't been changed in a decade and then the economy crashed and the boating market drastically changed for the worse in what felt like overnight. Smith personally did not run either company into the ground. He sold baja at the height of their popularity after taking it there and he bought Checkmate at the lowest level of their popularity and then got blindsided by economics that were out of his control. Also worth noting, original founder of Checkmate, Bill Comb's sons worked at Checkmate and with Smith for many years after Smith bought the company from Combs. Smith sold Checkmate to Hustler Powerboats Parent company (Hustler is also sister company of Outerlimits) in 2013. Hustler never did much with the brand and it was sold in 2020 to Pete Caldwell, who again, hasn't done much with Checkmate thus far.

As far as Baja being notorious for stringer rot? Never heard that and I've known MANY owners of Bajas. Not saying it never happenens, ANY boat can be a victim of stringer rot if not cared for properly. Heavy boats? I'd say average weight, my 24' weighed 5k with a nice cuddy. Ran over 85 with 650hp and bravo drive. You read the comments above from people that have owned bajas and it's 99% good comments. As usual, it's peopel that have never owned one that have negative things to say. It's a stigma that has plagued Baja for many years.
To add to what tank is saying about the stringers, the boats that had the stringers drilled at the individual dealers were the wild card. Some dealers sealed them others did not. Just like any other boat, each are on a case by case basis

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Production boat a few steps of Bayliner but for the right price fun per dollar.

mswasey

Reaction score
I ordered a new 20’ Outlaw in ‘95 (model was Hot Shot then). Biggest power they would put in it was the 5.0 Alpha. I did put a mild built 350 and thru hull exhaust, and loved the boat for the 10 years I owned it. Tons of skiing locally and camping on Powell in it. Sold it when we started a family and outgrew it.
It ran a little over 60mph at out 4200’ lake, was always way loaded down at Powell for camping, never ran it at low elevation to know speeds. It did chime walk some at higher speeds, I don’t think I would want to try it out at 70.
Overall a great boat, go get one!

spectras only

Reaction score
Have friends who had 25' Outlaw and 29' twin engine Bajas. I think the most practical for towing and great performance and handling is the 25 Outlaw. It can take on serious rough water for its size The twin 29 is a great all around ocean going boat, as long as the stringers are in great shape. My buddy tore out the stringers [ balsa cored hull ] running the same water I was in during a poker run. Cost him 40 grand to repair. The 25 OL has great freeboard and decent sized cabin! With a 650 HP mill, it's a great runner.

2004 25 Outlaw specs; length without swim grid 25' , beam 8'2, weight 4750lbs, draft 38", deadrise 24, fuel cap 96 gal.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
My buddy Randy had an '04 Outlaw 24 with a 496. It ran a bit over 70 MPH and had a nice ride. He used the heck out of it for 10 seasons with no floor or stringer issues.
I think the 24 was a H2X. Outlaws were, 20, 25, 30, 39,36, 40, for 2004

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

My 24 had a little chine walk at high speeds but you can drop the tabs slightly and it goes away. Gotta remember the 20 had a 21 degree vee I believe and no pad. Big power is like balancing a bowling ball on a razor blade I believe is how the term goes. ;) 👍
Dang 5K lbs? Thats a heavy lil 24' fucker.... Im not sure but I think my 30' Magic Wizard weighed in right about there ha. I recall our rack system down here limited wt to 6500 lbs and mine was way under.

Tank

Reaction score
Dang 5K lbs? Thats a heavy lil 24' fucker.... Im not sure but I think my 30' Magic Wizard weighed in right about there ha. I recall our rack system down here limited wt to 6500 lbs and mine was way under.
They are stout for sure. But I can assure you when running out in the pacific ocean in big fuckin' swell in a 24' boat that extra weight came in handy! Not a light laid up boat trying to squeeze every MPH out of it by any means but I never really thought of it as an overly heavy boat.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Tankster.... setting us straight, one detailed post at a time. And thats why I try never to speak with authority on RDP unless I got my stuff totally together.... too much expertise here. Love that shit!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
They are stout for sure. But I can assure you when running out in the pacific ocean in big fuckin' swell in a 24' boat that extra weight came in handy! Not a light laid up boat trying to squeeze every MPH out of it by any means but I never really thought of it as an overly heavy boat.
I guess my point was how light/ cheaply made my Magic must've been in comparison... and for that 24' to have a 96 gal tank as stated above is wild.

Tank

Reaction score
I guess my point was how light/ cheaply made my Magic must've been in comparison... and for that 24' to have a 96 gal tank as stated above is wild.
I wouldn't say Magics were/are cheaply made.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Magics were/are cheaply made.
Accepted.... I've really only limited points of reference.....as you know I beat mine up to fullest delight with no structure issues over 5 years so was pleased. After everything I've learned on this site I'm guessing Magics were/are the "Chevy" of their class.