WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTS] Project Truck and Boat '65 C10 Chevy, Chris Craft Racing Runabout Replica

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Long story and lots of associated BS. Wife has had it, wants this stuff gone. 1965 Chevy C10 long bed, I believe a camper special. And a never been in the water, partially completed, partially effed up, Glen-L Monaco. It is a replica of a late 40's Chris Craft Racing Runabout. I'd like to sell together, but will split up. Original plan was to have them both done to sell together completed. Life, divorce, other stuff got in the way. $5500 for the truck firm, and $3500 for the boat, trailer and all the stuff firm. $7999 for the pair firm, but you have to take all of it...

Both have 350s, the boat's is fresh, but I can't run it as is. Needs a starter and the carb cleaned up. Truck runs and drives. 350 plus a 700R4 Transmission which is a nice upgrade. Drum brakes. No suspension work that I am aware of. Bed is knocked out of it already. Has a new gas tank, recent carb work. New battery. Starts easily, idles clean etc. Needs to be timed, and the distributor is frozen. Needs to be freed up to time it. New interior, dog chewed a small piece of the bead on the seat, shown in pics. I have a matching headliner, door panels and visors as well. Tires are decent, and I have a set of Rally style wheels that goes with it. Need to be powder coated or painted. On non-op. No fees due.

Running Walk Around

The boat is a longer story and we can discuss if you want to know the gory details. I have all of the wood panels built for the interior. I completely redid the deck, and then it sat out, and is now shit. Could be sanded down and have a kind of patina treatment, but it really needs replaced. Very flat and sound underneath. Could be finished and painted. I have a velvet drive that is torn down, and needs rebuilt.

More stuff not shown, fuel tank, wiring harness, rocker switch panel. motor mounts, shaft logs, rudder, prop shafts, struts. Some will work, some new stuff will be required, but there is a lot to work with. Trailer will roll. I towed it pretty far as is. Fenders need to be widened. Hull is kinda jammed in there now. Blah, blah, blah...

All in Chino Hills.

IMG_6964.jpeg

IMG_6919.jpeg

IMG_6920.jpeg

IMG_6914.jpeg

IMG_6918.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG-4519.jpg

IMG-4511.jpg

Red and White.jpg

Traditional.jpg

Last edited:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Some additions as I keep thinking about it. I wish I had seen the picture of the red example before I re-did the whole deck with mahogany. As is, you could strip all of those pieces off and paint the epoxied deck below it. The hull is incredibly stout. The point is that paint and the deck work will make her ready for rigging and interior. I also have all of the stainless rub rail you could want. I put a long piece along the keel to the bow as a sort of Cutwater short cut, and there is a bunch left.