Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
:cool: 🍿🍻
fun e.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I Love it! I got the boat and dirt bike that I got to mix so that is awesome!

I have always wanted to put a pretty hot Merc V6 in a small car. Would definitely be badass. Even if it wasn't that fast, it would sound AMAZING!

Kinda like this Volvo with the 'Rude....

So BADASS!!

I have some pics I saved of this build. Definitely has some tuning to do.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score

I have always wanted to put a pretty hot Merc V6 in a small car. Would definitely be badass. Even if it wasn't that fast, it would sound AMAZING!

i had to see it in action. wicked!

Mototrig

Reaction score

I'd drive it EVERYWHERE!!!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
So BADASS!!

I have some pics I saved of this build. Definitely has some tuning to do.

Whatever happened to that Merc powered lay down trike deal that John Grove built years ago? I remember he crashed it in his yard early on. LOL

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that Merc powered lay down trike deal that John Grove built years ago? I remember he crashed it in his yard early on. LOL

Last I heard he sent it out to some outboard builder to be rebuilt and was changing some tranny shit while he fixed the frame. I dont think he ever put it back together after that.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
We need more pics of that program.👍

I tried to load some video of the purple bike(wife's bike) but it's not letting me I'll have to try when I get home. I'll see if I can dig up some more pics.

In the meantime..

The wife and I
20200219_162910.png

A few more of the wife on a few different builds
Screenshot_2015-11-23-11-06-46.jpg
17239917_1643160025713156_7295152754419572634_o.jpg

Couple more pics of turbo set up
20160715_184242.jpg
20160715_202736.jpg

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I was just watching this video and I realized I need a girl like this in my life when she says "let me get the torque specs!". Lucky I'm single so I can still go out and find one!

It's all good until you're in a bind out in BFE and she calls you a knucklehead for not packing the service manual to know the specs. Then you'll have a blowup over not knowing torque specs. 🤣

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I tried to load some video of the purple bike(wife's bike) but it's not letting me I'll have to try when I get home. I'll see if I can dig up some more pics.

In the meantime..

The wife and I View attachment 1018519

A few more of the wife on a few different builds View attachment 1018520 View attachment 1018522

Couple more pics of turbo set up View attachment 1018524 View attachment 1018523
That!!
Is pure bassery!😧😧

What kind of power does something like that make? As a banshee owner, I can’t quite wrap my mind around it🤷‍♂️

And where’s our pal @OCMerrill ?
I’m sure he’d love this!😎😇

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
That!!
Is pure bassery!😧😧

What kind of power does something like that make? As a banshee owner, I can’t quite wrap my mind around it🤷‍♂️

And where’s our pal @OCMerrill ?
I’m sure he’d love this!😎😇

Stock bore stock stroke banshee motor. 126rwhp at about 18psi of boost. The nitrous was mainly used out of the hole to get the turbo to spool quicker then pulled out with the timer.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So your at the River and again no missed call. Weird. :p

Oh and Fuck Strokes.

Fresh loaf of warm bread, Ice cold salad, loaded up baked potato, perfectly cooked filet with some seasoned vegetables...

Yeah. It was awful. 😜

Just Steve and I rolled out last minute Friday morning and will head home Friday morning. We've done a shit ton of nothing so far.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
So..... from swapped a RZ350? That is where Yamaha got the engine from for the Banshee.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

The engine cases are pretty much the same as the RD but the cylinders are different. So, yes the banshee motor is based off the RD, but yet not the same.

The bike pictured actually has aftermarket cheetah cub(CP Industries) cylinders on it.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Couple of sleds I used to build engines and crew for a long time ago.

First is an 800 triple, was a 205 HP package back in the day.

031002BE-B5E1-4D74-8AC7-6ACDD9A4616B.jpeg

Second was an 800 4-cyl we made by cutting two 3-cylinder cases and splicing them. Lotta work, but made 220 HP and sounded absolutely awesome doing it. There wasn’t another sled in the pits at that time that sounded like it. And rev! Man it sounded good.

7FF0AD99-079C-4B4F-86B1-DD4E757FA087.jpeg

Both sleds ran 5.30-5.50 eighth-mile in the 130’s on ice.

It wasn’t the best performing lube and fuel, but Cam 2 and Klotz is a smell etched in my brain forever.

Amsoil 100:1 and VP made power and parts looked good, and still smelled good, but not that candy smell of the Klotz & Cam 2.

I ported some pavement running Banshees that were gnarly. The best was with RZ 350 cyls on Banshee case.

I started punching my RZ 350 cylinders to 440 cc and someone had to have them before I finished them. That would have been a fun project. It was set up to be EFI with electronically controlled power valve.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Pretty sure that would have been the RD350 if memory serves.
The engine cases are pretty much the same as the RD but the cylinders are different. So, yes the banshee motor is based off the RD, but yet not the same.

The bike pictured actually has aftermarket cheetah cub(CP Industries) cylinders on it.
Well the RD350 was put of production 12 years before the banshee came about however the RZ350 was only 2 years prior. Everything I have read is almost all parts are interchangeable from a RZ350 to a banshee.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Couple of sleds I used to build engines and crew for a long time ago.

First is an 800 triple, was a 205 HP package back in the day.

View attachment 1018949

Second was an 800 4-cyl we made by cutting two 3-cylinder cases and splicing them. Lotta work, but made 220 HP and sounded absolutely awesome doing it. There wasn’t another sled in the pits at that time that sounded like it. And rev! Man it sounded good.

View attachment 1018948

Both sleds ran 5.30-5.50 eighth-mile in the 130’s on ice.

It wasn’t the best performing lube and fuel, but Cam 2 and Klotz is a smell etched in my brain forever.

Amsoil 100:1 and VP made power and parts looked good, and still smelled good, but not that candy smell of the Klotz & Cam 2.

I ported some pavement running Banshees that were knarly. The best was with RZ 350 cyls on Banshee case.

I started punching my RZ 350 cylinders to 440 cc and someone had to have them before I finished them. That would have been a fun project. It was set up to be EFI with electronically controlled power valve.

PSI...... there’s a name I’d like to forget. Bruce TOTALLY fucked us on his way out!

@JUSTWANNARACE still has a drag bike I believe that I sold a motor to a guy for. It was originally a piston port deal (600xcr base as I recall) that Bruce grafted reed cages into. It’s a cool piece! We had several of his motors, including a couple late rendition 1200 and 1500. Ran hard, hard on parts!

You know Dan Dunnigan by chance? (He passed away I think) always ran Crank Shop stuff with billet cylinders back near you on the ice.

sintax

Reaction score
Well the RD350 was put of production 12 years before the banshee came about however the RZ350 was only 2 years prior. Everything I have read is almost all parts are interchangeable from a RZ350 to a banshee.

Let’s not also forget the RD350/400s were also air cooled. The later RZ350/500s were water cooled.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

Agreed..
Was only saying the RD because that's what the RZ was based off of. Most parts of both are interchangeable. Cyls are the main difference. The only real thing the changed from the RD/RZ to the banshee is they eventually blocked off where the speedo cable goes into the cases.

The sky is the limit on what you can do with a banshee motor these days.

sintax

Reaction score
Agreed..
Was only saying the RD because that's what the RZ was based off of. Most parts of both are interchangeable. Cyls are the main difference. The only real thing the changed from the RD/RZ to the banshee is they eventually blocked off where the speedo cable goes into the cases.

The sky is the limit on what you can do with a banshee motor these days.

Might just be how you wrote everything, but the RD and RZ 350s are very different beasts. Outside of a common layout and general footprint, there’s not a ton of crossover.

Now the RZ350 and the banshee engine are much closer. Tons of crossover parts there. Major differences are the RZ has electronic power valves in the jugs, and a different head. You can swap the crank and rods between the two as well, but they’re not interchangeable with the RD.