WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lux- Chase toons (pretty impressive!)

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
As cool as Toons are … the dull blotchy gray aluminum sides are ugly.
I had a pontoon once and buffed out the sides to a perfect shiny finish … it lasted 4 times in the water.
They gotta figure out how to keep the shine and then you’ll have a total package … otherwise … it’s still a “Toon” . View attachment 1021151
If they are shark hided after polishing it lasts quite a while.

curtiej10

Reaction score
Overall rig looks great. Not a toon guy but who knows?? —plans and lifestyles change.

Lots of comments on the fixed top.

From the picks it looks like top is supported by posts without and major curves. Could the top be made to telescope? Thinking all the way down for towing and storage. Then can be raised to a driving height and the all the way up to walk under??
You’ll have options of how tall you want the hard top,!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
What would be really dope. Would be if you could shape the hardtop to match helm forward glass shape and pivot that bitch down to sit on top making it closed bow from helm forward.
As far as lounge areas. Easy enough to make ottomans to fit between u shaped seating front or rear for the cry baby’s

Over all I’m digging! And price point is at or better then the competition. At least for now, lol
When you guys are up and going with actual builds I’d be interested in coming down for a tour

curtiej10

Reaction score
What would be really dope. Would be if you could shape the hardtop to match helm forward glass shape and pivot that bitch down to sit on top making it closed bow from helm forward.
As far as lounge areas. Easy enough to make ottomans to fit between u shaped seating front or rear for the cry baby’s

Over all I’m digging! And price point is at or better then the competition. At least for now, lol
When you guys are up and going with actual builds I’d be interested in coming down for a tour
Very interesting idea. We are loving all the feed back.

curtiej10

Reaction score
We are really loving all the feed back and excitement. All though we are life long boaters, it’s great to hear other people’s take so we could improve our pontoon. There are a lot of cool little things that we are doing that we are keeping somewhat a secret. Please keep the ideas coming. We will have some good progress pics next week.
FDD38A71-436E-46ED-8F4A-FE25CE0EFC5E.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No it won’t weigh that much. It’s fiberglass, not steel. The higher end pontoons already have one huge giant roll bar that goes across the entire boat, and that is the bulk of the weight of the “top”. With this you are adding a couple more fixed supports and a fiberglass top Instead of a foldable stainless steel structure with canvas. it also looks like this top will be lower than the toon rollbars.

I’d be surprised if it was 150 pounds more than what is on a full Bimini dual engine pontoon with a roll bar.

Most the towers and arches are actually aluminum.. I know mine is

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are having custom toons made to our specs by a custom toon builder. We have already order the first 6 sets. They’ll be completely ready to go with the fuel cells (45 gallons per side total of 90 gallons) and the deck ready for our floor

Interesting you are putting the fuel in the outside toons. I think most others are in the center toon?

my Avalon has a 150 gallon tank for reference..

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
How much more/less would it cost to make this thing a deck boat? At a price like this why not?

What I meant was how much would it cost to have an interior like this on a deck boat hull?

curtiej10

Reaction score
Interesting you are putting the fuel in the outside toons. I think most others are in the center toon?

my Avalon has a 150 gallon tank for reference..
90 gallons is a lot fuel. Enough to get you through a 3 day weekend

boatnam2

Reaction score
Basically like the front of the trident a few years back but on the side.

curtiej10

Reaction score
You actually can lay on the front seats. There’s a lot of things you can’t see in a 2D rendering. No ski locker “floor” storage isnt necessary with all the other storage this toon has. This toon obviously won’t be for everyone. What would be your suggestions? I’m all for improvements.

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Definitely a collapsible top somehow....Maybe reconfigure the back...One rear facing lounger against the rails behind the Captain..leave a pathway to the rear deck . kill the rear facing deck seats and make deck bigger and on the right side maybe a reversible deck lounge seat like most of the competition have. Just thoughts...but like the concept.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The only part I think that could be improved is they need more “patio” on the back and a little more walk way on the front.. but overall I think this thing is gonna be a winner!

I have had the renderings for awhile now but was told to keep them quiet. I saw they posted them on fb so here’s the rest! What are your thoughts? I love it.. Stacy wants one. Lol

View attachment 1020509 View attachment 1020510 View attachment 1020511 View attachment 1020512 View attachment 1020513 View attachment 1020514 View attachment 1020515 View attachment 1020516
I don't profess to be a boat designer but I have driven and tested a couple of thousand, and I have to agree with RDP regarding the bow 'patio' area appearing to be awfully narrow for boarding and debarking, especially at crowded courtesy dock time. If starboard and port are the primary boarding access points, when was the last time you found 35' to 40' feet of vacant dock space? Usually I'm looking for a 12' to 15' gap to nose in and load my passengers on busy weekends.

curtiej10

Reaction score
I don't profess to be a boat designer but I have driven and tested a couple of thousand, and I have to agree with RDP regarding the bow 'patio' area appearing to be awfully narrow for boarding and debarking, especially at crowded courtesy dock time. If starboard and port are the primary boarding access points, when was the last time you found 35' to 40' feet of vacant dock space? Usually I'm looking for a 12' to 15' gap to nose in and load my passengers on busy weekends.
This drawing aren’t close the spec. You’ll have 24” on the entrance, the side fold down door is about 60” long. Off the front entrance it’s about 18” right now which we may add to. I really enjoy the feed back. We primarily boat on the west coast so we have plenty of dock space and we usually park on sandy beaches

curtiej10

Reaction score
Since you asked. :)
The seats in front of the driver, looks like one leg would be out straight and one leg hang on the floor?
I assume storage under the center console seats and behind the driver's seat?
Room for a large cooler? A dozen life jackets, anchor, bumpers, etc.
People bring on their own boat bags and coolers and next thing you know everyone is tripping over stuff.
For me the in floor storage is a big deal. Trolling motor, oar, fishing poles, trash can, chairs, etc. and I still have a lot of room left over.
Storage fills up quick. I would take a 2nd look at how much you really have but like you say it's hard to see in a 2D rendering.
The seats in front of the drive are much longer like a lounge. Storage under every seat and in the center helm. Behind the drive is a compart with doors for a pull out ice chest. On each side of the doors there is compartments for 4 fenders. Well you can say I’ve been boating for a long time. I grew up on a 68 Kona in Parker AZ and graduated to much bigger boat on Lake Havasu. The entire concept of this boat was form and functionality. We always would take a ton of people and never have enough storage. Those who know me or have been on my boats everything has a place and purpose. I hate clutter and things in the way. There are a lot of little things we’d rather not say online that will be in this pontoon just we want to be the first to do them. One thing I will say is it won’t have a trolling motor spot. This probably isn’t a good fishing boat lol

boatnam2

Reaction score
If the top came down that would be sweet, but most ballers buying this rig have plenty of garage. Boat is badass can't wait to see one in person.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night, and it may be cool to have a 270 degree awning on the front that would create shade for the front passengers and the side deck while parked. Like the overland guys.

curtiej10

Reaction score
If the top came down that would be sweet, but most ballers buying this rig have plenty of garage. Boat is badass can't wait to see one in person.
We offer different heights for the top

curtiej10

Reaction score
Sounds like you have it all figured out
Trolling motor not just for fishing
I had to get my other boat on a trailer when the fuel pump quit
If you've ever had to paddle into the wind with one oar or swim in the water you'll wish you had some kind of back up motor
A toon would be even harder
If all your toons are twins then you don't have to worry about that.
Not all figured out just yet that’s why I love the feed back. I’ve had my fair share of problems on the lake lol. I really appreciate your feed back. Hit me up if you’d ever like to talk 909-465-3419

curtiej10

Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night, and it may be cool to have a 270 degree awning on the front that would create shade for the front passengers and the side deck while parked. Like the overland guys.

Yes not a bad idea at all. What do you think about a removable umbrella?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Yes not a bad idea at all. What do you think about a removable umbrella?
Would work too, but would take up storage space. The 270 would sit on the front and be easily deployable. May not look great unless it was integrated behind a cover or something, though.

curtiej10

Reaction score
Would work too, but would take up storage space. The 270 would sit on the front and be easily deployable. May not look great unless it was integrated behind a cover or something, though.
Good idea I can definitely look into it. We want to keep the look as bad ass as possible

PlanB

Reaction score

Our toon lives on a lift in a covered slip so the height of the top would be a concern. Our’s barely clears now with the biminis up. A top that lowers, like the arches on the current toons out there would be a good option.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Good idea I can definitely look into it. We want to keep the look as bad ass as possible
Just a thought, it would be nice/interesting if you could build a deployable ramp that would go forward towards the beach for easy loading through the side gate. I realize this adds complexity, I considered trying to fabricate something so my 86-year-old father could get on my Bennington through the side gate easier. Loading off the front beach even with the step is difficult for people with limited mobility. I realize this would be kind of a niche thing but it might be A sellable option for some folks. Just throwing it out there as an idea,

curtiej10

Reaction score
Just a thought, it would be nice/interesting if you could build a deployable ramp that would go forward towards the beach for easy loading through the side gate. I realize this adds complexity, I considered trying to fabricate something so my 86-year-old father could get on my Bennington through the side gate easier. Loading off the front beach even with the step is difficult for people with limited mobility. I realize this would be kind of a niche thing but it might be A sellable option for some folks. Just throwing it out there as an idea,
We actually have an step/ladder that is connected to the center toon for beach access

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I was talking to someone about this as well.. something that opens like a Japanese hand fan and wraps around, or perhaps connects in the middle?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Go get an electric RV step and put it in between the toons on the front of the boat.. They are waterproof! 😜

curtiej10

Reaction score
I was talking to someone about this as well.. something that opens like a Japanese hand fan and wraps around, or perhaps connects in the middle?
We have an idea that just may work!! Keep the ideas coming

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
We actually have an step/ladder that is connected to the center toon for beach access
Go get an electric RV step and put it in between the toons on the front of the boat.. They are waterproof! 😜
I responded to 185EZ via p.m.

I was kind of referring to something similar to a dog ramp, for elderly people that don’t have a lot of dexterity and or upper body strength to negotiate a ladder, I was thinking something more like a stairway/ramp where they could hold onto the side of the boat as they go up the steps/ramp. Just a thought. Currently I use steps covered with carpet and help my dad in.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Like a tailgate

will you be able to walk across it
Just a thought, it would be nice/interesting if you could build a deployable ramp that would go forward towards the beach for easy loading through the side gate. I realize this adds complexity, I

I was kind of referring to something similar to a dog ramp, for elderly people that don’t have a lot of dexterity and or upper body strength to negotiate a ladder, I was thinking something more like a stairway/ramp where they could hold onto the side of the boat as they go up the steps/ramp. Just a thought. Currently I use steps covered with carpet and help my dad in.

your talking about building something kinda like a U-haul roll down ramp so people can walk up and down correct?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The electric RV step works.. I’ve seen it done

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

your talking about building something kinda like a U-haul roll down ramp so people can walk up and down correct?
Yes, I don’t know why I couldn’t articulate that. Yes something very similar thought maybe they could hide it inside the “tailgate”

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
The electric RV step works.. I’ve seen it done
I’m not sure if I could mount a step between my center toon and one of the outer toons. That would work great if I didn’t have the center toon in the way, unfortunately the step would still be pretty high for my dad, I have a deal kind of like at the boat show that I said in the water for my dad to step up on, just on a smaller scale.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes, I don’t know why I couldn’t articulate that. Yes something very similar thought maybe they could hide it inside the “tailgate”

Actually not a bad idea.. would take some engineering but a side ramp to the front would work well hidden in the fold out..

Would add some serious $$ to do thought as an option..

curtiej10

Reaction score

Kinda but it will have steps not a ramp

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of treads maybe with sea deck or some type of nonskid surface, I thought steps would be too hard to do depending on the steepness of the ramp and the beach. Probably a lot of different ways to skin this cat but I was trying to make it somewhat simple and economical and light. You know, cheap redneck style, but that doesn’t appear to be the boat you’re building. 😂

BIGRED9158

Reaction score

kinda like the steps on the front of trailer that have gator step on them?

by the way what’s up curt this is Deven would love to come check out your facility shoot me a text if you still have my number and want to talk

curtiej10

Reaction score
You should be enjoying the weekend! Lol enough work.
Ya took a few hours break but back at the shop today. The attention has been amazing and we are working are asses off to make this dream a reality.

curtiej10

Reaction score
kinda like the steps on the front of trailer that have gator step on them?

by the way what’s up curt this is Deven would love to come check out your facility shoot me a text if you still have my number and want to talk
Ya what’s up Devon I’ll hit you up