WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What happened at shogun last night?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have been laying low all weekend.. Last night I went all in on the fun and went to get frozen yogurt and the shogun parking lot looked about like BJ’s at 2:00 in the morning..

Judging by the looks on the woman’s faces and the 10 cops standing around I’m guessing there was some kinda major brawl that happened in there?

Anyone know for sure?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hope you are wrong about that but it does seem to be a growing occurrence in town😔

Shit is out of control this weekend.. especially considering the crowds are smaller than usual.

Some Asshole jumped the fence to the docks down at blue chair last night and vandalized a bunch of boats and set at least one of them loose into the channel!

I haven’t even launched my boat yet.. Stacy wants me too and I’m kinda like.. 😳

FishSniper

Reaction score
Shit is out of control this weekend.. especially considering the crowds are smaller than usual.

Some Asshole jumped the fence to the docks down at blue chair last night and vandalized a bunch of boats and set at least one of them loose into the channel!

No line to launch at the marina right now and lot isn’t even full was expecting it to be busier by now. Won’t be launching today pool and bbq afternoon.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No line to launch at the marina right now and lot is even full was expecting it to be busier by now. Won’t be launching today pool and bbq afternoon.

My buddy Billy is having a bbq pool party we might go to..

USClb41

Reaction score

WTF? That is some serious BS. Working this weekend keeping huge crowds in Newport in line, never seen so many people in my 23 years here.

PlanB

Reaction score
The Marina was at capacity yesterday and the lake was crowded so I am not sure about fewer people. Every little cove I looked at was taken so the water was busy. Went to the channel last night at 2200 at there is definitely a different crowd out here now. The government money needs to run out and flush some of the trash out of here.

Singleton

Reaction score
Respect has disappeared!
I am at the Carlsbad beach, wife and I put up the volleyball net on the court we were married on (know the hone owners above court). Group of kids started playing, but then grabbed the net and broke it. They all walked away without a word. Wife and I were on the patio of the Robinson House and yelled WTF. Kids yelled back not our so we don’t care. CFD asked us not to put up the net to avoid conflict.

CFD stated, first time in 40 years they have asked the family not to install the net due to crowd behavior

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have been laying low all weekend.. Last night I went all in on the fun and went to get frozen yogurt and the shogun parking lot looked about like BJ’s at 2:00 in the morning..

Judging by the looks on the woman’s faces and the 10 cops standing around I’m guessing there was some kinda major brawl that happened in there?

Anyone know for sure?

Someone’s scallops got overcooked probably.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Just got off the water at 12:30 pm today and marina was maybe half full. I think a lot of people will launch later and stay after dark today. It’s busy but not as bad as Memorial Day that’s for sure

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
South lake is also good.. plenty of unknown coves and little traffic
1371CA9D-2795-43D7-8038-6C956EB4EAA3.jpeg

F8F02C6B-68E5-43C4-B02A-CE2632C57C75.jpeg

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Was wondering WTF happened last night too. Went to Romanos about 9 and the cops were everywhere driving around in SXS and cars . Don't see the PD in full force like that here very often .

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Says the dude hiding all over the back roads of our country with a big scary dog.😂😂

this is why I stayed up in Mohave. Bring your own party, find a cove and have some fun ;)

I would venture into LHC and Parker a couple of times a year though.

LHC=Mosh pit

lol

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
There’s something in the air this weekend. Just got back from Basha’s. The parking lot was a scene getting ready blow at any moment. My wife said inside the store was worse. Kinda weird. Get home, sitting by our pool and 2 friggin’ Turkey Vultures land on our fence and give us the stink eye. WTF!??

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Must be all those white license plates!😂😂😂

I thought it was somewhat slow when I went into town yesterday, maybe it was just a lull in the action. I’m staying at home in my bunker. 👀

azsunfun

Reaction score
sure glad not boating this weekend, folks parked on hills at the park. crazy

guest hs

Reaction score
I think the city messed up last year when Covid hit and closed the channel to boats. They let people put up ez up tarps and bring xSx down. Now it’s the norm they think it’s ok to put up an EZ tarp and leave it there all weekend no matter what time it is and block up a bunch of boat parking. It’s really turning into shit show now, really unfortunate!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think the city messed up last year when Covid hit and closed the channel to boats. They let people put up ez up tarps and bring xSx down. Now it’s the norm they think it’s ok to put up an EZ tarp and leave it there all weekend no matter what time it is and block up a bunch of boat parking. It’s really turning into shit show now, really unfortunate!
It’s the new Venice Beach.😊

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Don’t often go to the channel, but it has always been via a boat when we do. The banks of the channel really aren’t for the exclusive parking of boats. Not big on EZ Ups, chairs etc set out to stake a claim for boats or those without a boat. The place is a bit of a shit hole, particularly on holiday weekends. So WTF, let em fight for it. Then HPD can lock em up. And then at least they’re out of the commission for a while.

TCHB

Reaction score
Around 2008Havasu had a different crowd show up. I remember a full gang detail in uniform from Phoenix patrolling the channel. in the coming years that crowd was gone. About 3 years ago I could see the crowd changing again. Let’s hope the place settles down.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
As it would suck for me and my business, would over $4 gas weed some of these Bozos out?? Or maybe California is that high already. maybe over 5.

azsunfun

Reaction score
As it would suck for me and my business, would over $4 gas weed some of these Bozos out?? Or maybe California is that high already. maybe over 5.
heading to sacramento daughter said over 4 easily to fill at the 40 junction.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I normally would avoid the channel on a holiday weekend but had friends wanting to meet there....we were in the water at 315 am yesterday...

I went to sleep down below...woke up around 6 to these guys...5 slots blocked full DJ setup and no one to be found they showed up briefly and left (we had to push their ski off my boat more than once since they couldn’t beach right 🙄😡.

They left early and were gone 4-5 hours showing back up at 2ish...got to watch some fireworks as the older gentleman (pronounced asshole) from Colorado yelled at people to move who has Set up on the beach behind his tents/ropes.

This shit irks my ass...he had 50ft of beach blocked off for half the day and wasn’t even there. I hate the channel and all this stimulus trash...
F14BF117-F36C-4F0D-B499-EB3A9BABC06E.jpeg
7789B85B-9EEE-41B2-9753-735E115444C6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Maybe if the sand bar was opened back up again on holiday weekends the boaters could hang out there again
I remember talking to a SBCO sheriff when they closed the sandbar years ago. He said SBCO and Mojave County didn’t want to spend the $$$ for manpower to patrol it. Cheaper to put up buoys and close it during the big weekends.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Shogun probably had a brawl. 95 degrees in there. Below average service. Below average "show" way above average price
People tend to get pissy