WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fatal accident on the upper river?

propcheck

Reaction score
My wife was telling me that on FlakeBook a lady posted about losing her husband in a hit and run with a sea Doo up near Laughlin this weekend. Does anybody know a description of the sea doo or if they found the person?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Hadn't heard about that yet. Heard about a collision in Needles, injuries and OUI arrest. Just injured I heard, and around Needles Marina.

propcheck

Reaction score
Hadn't heard about that yet. Heard about a collision in Needles, injuries and OUI arrest. Just injured I heard, and around Needles Marina.
I looked at all the news papers and can’t find anything about it much less a suspect description 🤷🏼

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Just reading it on Facebook now they are still looking for the person. They took him by air to Vegas and she said he passed away. Sad to hea. Read it on River whips

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Did the story of the child drowning in the channel turn out to be true or was the one in the same of the man who drowned?

dspracing

Reaction score
Did the story of the child drowning in the channel turn out to be true or was the one in the same of the man who drowned?

havasu scanner feed mentioned a drowning in the channel last night 9pm. The person was pulled to shore and revived. Not sure if it’s the same drowning or not.

Turnup

Reaction score
Got a screenshot of the fb post you can dm? I know a shit ton of people in Needles for the holiday 🤞🙏

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Damn. Seems like there's a death every weekend now between Laughlin and Parker.
I took my ex w/ her 3 kids to Parker mid summer a few years back and remember her coming unglued at how some the PWC riders were driving.
I'm a super defensive driver and don't drink at all while boating.
Not having kids of my own, I was like "Calm Down" to her . . . but now I get it.
If you've gotta be "THAT" defensive while driving on the river/lake, it almost takes all the fun out of it.
Stay safe everyone. 🙏

Singleton

Reaction score
The story on FB is actually the wife posting last pic of husband before he was killed on back of the boat while floating in Laughlin, hit by a PWC. Horrible tragedy.

what I read jetski did not see boat with enough time to turn, inexperienced operator went to zero throttle (thus no way to turn) and ended up pining guy against swimstep injuring main artery in leg. RIP, and thoughts with family

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The story on FB is actually the wife posting last pic of husband before he was killed on back of the boat while floating in Laughlin, hit by a PWC. Horrible tragedy.
So who was drunk then the PWC operator, I was thinking it was the other way around.

ELCHINGONROGERS

Reaction score
My wife was telling me that on FlakeBook a lady posted about losing her husband in a hit and run with a sea Doo up near Laughlin this weekend. Does anybody know a description of the sea doo or if they found the person?

i read the same post on facebook her husband and kid and mother in law were on the back of boat and he got hit by a seadoo

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I saw some one post a screenshot of a comment.
It basically said he was the cop on the police boat, they made contact with the pwc driver he was dealt with..... personally... I call bullshit.... the cops I know wouldn’t post that.... and it just didn’t look “real”

** if I see it again I’ll share.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I saw some one post a screenshot of a comment.
It basically said he was the cop on the police boat, they made contact with the pwc driver he was dealt with..... personally... I call bullshit.... the cops I know wouldn’t post that.... and it just didn’t look “real”

** if I see it again I’ll share.
Like a false positive, so people don't look for the suspect? Or just a BS'r trolling?

I hope they find who it was. Actually, I hope the person steps up. Accidents happen, and someone died. I never would have thought it was pwc vs floaring boat...seen them cutoff boats all the time, but nothing like this.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Like a false positive, so people don't look for the suspect? Or just a BS'r trolling?

I hope they find who it was. Actually, I hope the person steps up. Accidents happen, and someone died. I never would have thought it was pwc vs floaring boat...seen them cutoff boats all the time, but nothing like this.

False positive is exactly what I was thinking... couldn’t think of the word to use... thank you

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
87EAD50C-9475-46C0-B4C9-A48F7B169632.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wow. Tough to read and see. Obviously the foot is not pointed correctly.
Must have been some internal injuries.

Unfortunately that sea doo will prob have zero damage on the front.
Someone will speak up eventually. Hit and run with death will be some years in jail

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
That little boy is going to grow up without a father now.

He looks around my age, and my kid is around the same age...we have her at the river all the time. I just couldn't imagine this happening...let alone that the sorry mother fucker that killed him ran. This one hits home hard...it could have easily been me sitting on the back of my boat which I do all the time. If anyone knows of anything being done for the family please share a link.

I hope they find the son of a bitch and hang them by the balls from the needles bridge.:mad:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He looks around my age, and my kid is around the same age...we have her at the river all the time. I just couldn't imagine this happening...let alone that the sorry mother fucker that killed him ran. This one hits home hard...it could have easily been me sitting on the back of my boat which I do all the time. If anyone knows of anything being done for the family please share a link.

I hope they find the son of a bitch and hang them by the balls from the needles bridge.:mad:
Right with you there. My kids are in their teens now, but all were on the water with my wife and I at a couple months. I couldn't imagine losing my wife or one of my kids...the way this family lost a husband and father:(
Someone knows something. Someone's guilt may motivate them to do what's right.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Where did the accident happen? Wondering if anyone's property has a "dock cam" that may have caught something? A lot more cameras than there used to be.

propcheck

Reaction score
Thank you for the updates this is a gut wrenching heartbreaking story. I really wish more information was easily available so people can help look for the suspect if needed. To clarify, info about who they are looking for.

instagator

Reaction score
Have you ever seen driving down through Bullhead,How many jet ski rental places there are, Unbelievable , I would get some folks together to check those rental places
especialy the ones in bullhead. They should check any damages or scratches to those watercraft that happened over the weekend

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Have you ever seen driving down through Bullhead,How many jet ski rental places there are, Unbelievable , I would get some folks together to check those rental places
especialy the ones in bullhead. They should check any damages or scratches to those watercraft that happened over the weekend
It would be real hard to tell. Most rental skis are treated worse than I treated rental cars. They get run up on rocks like it's D-day, or used as bumper boats.

We also assume it was a rental. With the stimulus money and financing, could also be a new owner situation, or family friend and borrowed.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
This one hits super close to home for so many of us. A lot if us have done the expect same thing as they were doing when this happened.

Tragic doesn't even describe it. That poor family. It's heart breaking.

I don't have Facebook but if anyone sees a go fund me or something please post it.

Something random too. If your husband/father look into life insurance. Things can happen any moment, make sure your family is looked after.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
That’s very sad just enjoying life, I wonder if it was a rental ?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hope finding the PWC driver is true.
RIP to the Dad, I can't even phantom something like this happening to me or a loved one while out enjoying family time on the water.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This is horrific. We can all identify with this. And I don't know what to say except this is really an awfully sad and horrible story - a father and husband in the middle of a beautiful day with his family on the water when some POS crashes into them and leaves the scene.

People that hit and run should be put to death on pay per view with the proceeds going to the victims' families.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wow. Tough to read and see. Obviously the foot is not pointed correctly.
Must have been some internal injuries.

Unfortunately that sea doo will prob have zero damage on the front.
Someone will speak up eventually. Hit and run with death will be some years in jail
I’m confused, didn’t the news report that the person was charged with DUI?

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Heartbreaking, my thoughts and prayers to all.

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Horrible....could of also took out the kid, the mom, etc....not saying by any means losing the dad is not bad enough but those pics make me cringe at what could of happened !
we need to change the laws, if you run from an accident NO BAIL !

Do we now need water proof camera on boats ? When shit like this happens ?
What a world it has become.
My wife’s good friend’s husband was hit by a drunk in a truck in thedesert while on his dirt bike, left him to die and ran...
Wife saw dust and went out to find his mangled body, while she had to keep the kids in the truck, that asshole had a prior dui and still has not gone to trial, this bullshit needs max punishment .

Schylerlee

Reaction score
From what I was told tonight the person driving the jet ski has been caught. I guess we will get more info in the days to follow.
From what I was told tonight the person driving the jet ski has been caught. I guess we will get more info in the days to follow.

Please post updates or information if anyone has any. This is a family member.