WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Laveycraft quality

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Bought ours in September from an inmate. We love it!

3EDD21C7-03BF-4521-AF6F-51D20A89B87F.jpeg

88AED691-FFC5-4D28-A5EE-B5F3351C1100.jpeg

7B49B5FC-48BA-41CC-8692-751368D73DF3.jpeg

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not cool to dump on anyones boat I say.

Keep your adorable.
Expressing opinions on a design of a model is FAR from dumping on someone's boat.

It'd like if I said I don't like the way first generation mustangs look and a Mustang owner getting their panties in a wad cause I shared my opinion on the model in general.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Not cool to dump on anyones boat I say.

Keep your adorable.
Calm down turbo, dude isn't dumping on your boat, just reiterating an opinion that is shared by many. It is a funky looking boat, but definitely functional and most of us would own one if given the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
Calm down turbo, dude isn't dumping on your boat, just reiterating an opinion that is shared by many. It is a funky looking boat, but definitely functional and most of us would own one if given the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Turbo? That’s classic.

I thought RDP was all about boats and boating regardless of cost, brand , look, etc …As long as it got you on the water, and made memories.

Reactions: DWC

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
good point.. I agree......the prowler was pretty funky

The prowler is an interesting beast.

It is without any doubt the largest 28 ft deck boat and should have been called a 30.

Its very hard to photograph properly which makes it hard to present in any given pict what you are getting.

Its wet lockers drain off the boat which as far as I know is a unique feature that its immense above the waterline size allows.

Tracking down a lake you can heavily load one side and its all but immune to load steer or flex.

Its not the best deck boat for going fast, but is for a sheepherding a large group of people and all their stuff (tents ez ups/ grills) for a weekend at the lake and in that duty its very hard to top.

Chris and Ron were itching to modernize the rig and create a cut down version, but simply ran out of time.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
The prowler is an interesting beast.

It is without any doubt the largest 28 ft deck boat and should have been called a 30.

Its very hard to photograph properly which makes it hard to present in any given pict what you are getting.

Its wet lockers drain off the boat which as far as I know is a unique feature that its immense above the waterline size allows.

Tracking down a lake you can heavily load one side and its all but immune to load steer or flex.

Its not the best deck boat for going fast, but is for a sheepherding a large group of people and all their stuff (tents ez ups/ grills) for a weekend at the lake and in that duty its very hard to top.

Chris and Ron were itching to modernize the rig and creates a cut down version, but simply ran out of time.

You would probably know since you’ve been involved with the company…what’s going on with Lavey? Are they done?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You would probably know since you’ve been involved with the company…what’s going on with Lavey? Are they done?

I have been on and off for decades, I was always close to the brothers and the whole family.

The place they were at was too big and it was smart to close it down when the pandemic hit.

Its really about timing, and what Chris wants to do.
Chris has all the IP but its really hard in Cali to find the right sized shop in a permittable area - nearly impossible.
The place he's at now has told him they want to build a bigger glass shop, if that happens you'll see them spring back. If not hard to say.

I think Chris is probably going to be a boat builder his whole life but where ,what, and for himself or someone else I just
cant say because I cant really speak for what Chris wants to do.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I have been on and off for decades, I was always close to the brothers and the whole family.

The place they were at was too big and it was smart to close it down when the pandemic hit.

Chris has all the IP but its really hard in Cali to find the right sized shop in a permittable area - nearly impossible.
The place he's at now has told him they want to build a bigger glass shop, if that happens you'll see them spring back. If not hard to say.

I think Chris is probably going to be a boat builder his whole life but where ,what, and for himself or someone else I just
Thanks…

lavey jr

Reaction score
While the Party Prowler definitely isn’t going to win the best most sleek looking deck boat out there, I personally don’t think it’s funky looking or ugly at all. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve been in a handful of deck boats and the Party Prowler was the most solid, user friendly, storage capacity, all around usability, and by far the best rough water handing deck boat I’ve been in and the rough water handling capability is a huge selling point in my eyes for a deck boat because it’s a family boat that you want to be comfortable in even when the lake gets rough.

Last pic is an older pic I have on my phone of a loaded up Party Prowler

0EE592CB-62B7-420E-87C5-533D90DC8CD5.jpeg
1EE2034A-757F-41AD-8859-4E587F2BD1CF.jpeg
C27E47FC-5666-4C5C-9ABD-64BF15017413.jpeg
9545D6B9-7C97-4DAE-8149-258034FE39CE.jpeg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

I really thought the SXS fiberglass bodies and panels Lavey was working on would get a foothold. People will spend money on that stuff like its going out of style.

But as you have said more glass and more laws and rules.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I really thought the SXS fiberglass bodies and panels Lavey was working on would get a foothold. People will spend money on that stuff like its going out of style.

But as you have said more glass and more laws and rules.

Coolest product available - very hard to make, and nearly impossible to ship without damage

Installing it is hard too, with customer generally making a mess of the whole thing and blaming you.

Super crowded market with advertisers wanting a years ads all paid up front.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Coolest product available - very hard to make, and nearly impossible to ship without damage

Installing it is hard too, with customer generally making a mess of the whole thing and blaming you.

Super crowded market with advertisers wanting a years ads all paid up front.

I want a 26 Nuera WTOB as my only custom boat build. I'm out about 4-5 years on this so the family has time.... :) Maybe work a new Sebring hull in there I can just flip all my guts into. Good stuff for me.

Get415

Reaction score
I always thought Laveys deck looked pretty bitchen. And what ever happened to the 'P*ssy Prowler'. That dude had a pretty wild set up

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Turbo? That’s classic.

I thought RDP was all about boats and boating regardless of cost, brand , look, etc …As long as it got you on the water, and made memories.

It is.. hell I own a 4500.00 16’ Daytona that I’m excited about getting on the water. Lol

not every boat Has to be everyone’s favorite either though.. he’ll I thought the front of Avalon pontoons looked like a Buick forever.. but I ended up buying one. I wish it looked like a crest Savanah.. that’s one sharp looking toon.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
While the Party Prowler definitely isn’t going to win the best most sleek looking deck boat out there, I personally don’t think it’s funky looking or ugly at all. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve been in a handful of deck boats and the Party Prowler was the most solid, user friendly, storage capacity, all around usability, and by far the best rough water handing deck boat I’ve been in and the rough water handling capability is a huge selling point in my eyes for a deck boat because it’s a family boat that you want to be comfortable in even when the lake gets rough.

Last pic is an older pic I have on my phone of a loaded up Party Prowler

View attachment 1024779 View attachment 1024780 View attachment 1024781 View attachment 1024782

Definitely better lookin than the original Hallett duck billed platypus thing they came out with. 🤪

traquer

Reaction score
I donno but I always thought Laverys looked cool and timeless. Especially the smaller old ones, and the newer ones.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Lack of name recognition, and they aren’t a brand known for “style”.

Those are great looking boats. Outside boating circles, few would guess those are Laveycrafts, because while awesome boats, that’s not really what you focus on building all the time is it? If there were 10-20 of those out every weekend in Havasu like there are DCBs that would certainly raise brand awareness.

I never said they were not capable of building a “stylish” boats. I’m sorry if I implied that.

.:rolleyes:👊

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I donno but I always thought Laverys looked cool and timeless. Especially the smaller old ones, and the newer ones.

I agree the lines of the hull of the lavey are timeless.

Where I think Lavey got betrayed a bit is in the gel design. To be clear, all of the gels that I have seen are impeccably done from an execution standpoint, just not all of them are to my taste.

That seems to be the risk of a full custom boat manufacturer, someone could come along and request the below gel.

1626298669028.png

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Where I think Lavey got betrayed a bit is in the gel design. To be clear, all of the gels that I have seen are impeccably done from an execution standpoint, just not all of them are to my taste.

That seems to be the risk of a full custom boat manufacturer, someone could come along and request the below gel.

View attachment 1025478

You do your best to give the guy writing the checks what he wants.

The customers ability to utterly blow it cant be underestimated.

Some guys taste is all in their mouth.

Other guys become completely paralyzed at having to make a decision.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Don't like it? I think it's pretty cool when you have kids/drunk friends climbing in and around the rear of the boat

I do like it as an option.

I certainly like the functionality its going to bring for a day on the lake.

Im super curious to see how its attached.

The hatch is foreign to me , but maybe lavey changed it later.

Nice boat.

fastenuff3

Reaction score
Was it 50lbs of boost? Lmao
One of my buddies has a Cole 250 world class with a top speed of 47mph. Pretty sure a pro charger ain’t adding 50 more mph😂 I do like the boat regardless of speed.

And yes i like laveys, very solid and well built boats
my nephew had one with a 500hp and i had it to 75. i was like driving one of my old lake flatbottoms. very cool

lavey jr

Reaction score

Nice boat.

It’s the same hatch you have.
When the interior was redone on that boat the interior shop cut off the two outside scoops and made the pad “full size” but left the middle scoop to still help with air for the engine.

dspracing

Reaction score

View attachment 1025478

This is a customer request, just think about the magic and Nordic boats that came with ugly gel by default.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
This is a customer request, just think about the magic and Nordic boats that came with ugly gel by default.
Was the times.
Lavey was good about having a boat or 3 in the showroom ready to buy or add power to.
Unfortunately flames and tribal were in then 😂🤷‍♂️

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score

View attachment 1025478
I’m pretty sure this boat was an Ultra? Wouldn’t want anyone thinking this was a Lavey.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this boat was an Ultra? Wouldn’t want anyone thinking this was a Lavey.
Yep.
For that motorcycle builder guy, and our resident fisherman Grads owned it.
Like it or hate it, from a pure application/technical difficulty level, it’s an 11

Gelcoater

Reaction score
When I was doing POBRA stuff these guys were out there running very hard and winning their class. Definitely made me a Lavey fan.

View attachment 1024737
Where is this boat today?
Anyone?
Flames or no, if you have a 27-29ish foot single engine V bottom with a 525.
Try hanging with that boat from Long Beach to Avalon.😂

I’m betting large on the orange flames 😎👍

lavey jr

Reaction score
Where is this boat today?
Anyone?
Flames or no, if you have a 27-29ish foot single engine V bottom with a 525.
Try hanging with that boat from Long Beach to Avalon.😂

I’m betting large on the orange flames 😎👍

With Kevin Cooper driving it, I’d even wager to throw in any West coast twin engine V bottom up to 36’

checkrdpast

Reaction score
I have a buddy that went by a fiberglass shop for some repairs on his boat. He said the owner was telling him in his 30 years he has been the most impressed with the quality of lavey craft. He said they are built like tanks and more impressed with them than any other west coast boat. Is this a common thought in the havasu circles? I’ve heard from people who have laveys and enjoy them but never heard such praise over other manufacturers. What has the RDP crew heard for quality?

If your talking tanks, don't forget Campbell's Boats , those are tanks

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
It’s the same hatch you have.
When the interior was redone on that boat the interior shop cut off the two outside scoops and made the pad “full size” but left the middle scoop to still help with air for the engine.

Thanks Jr.
I see they added an opening in the back.
Client had multiple external hinges added as well.
I always worry something will catch on a leg sliding around.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
With Kevin Cooper driving it, I’d even wager to throw in any West coast twin engine V bottom up to 36’
Whatever happened to Kevin? I remember talking to him years ago at the boat show when he was working the Lavey booth. Super nice dude.

69hondo

Reaction score

Nice boat.

Nordic built and installed the swim step.

kimbalee

Reaction score
Speaking of Laveycraft quality - we designed and bought our 24ft NuEra Open Bow with closed cuddy in 2002 (it's an '03). It has been the absolute best boat with zero problems ever - been on every lake on the Colorado, the Delta, Tahoe and many more smaller lakes, we even took it to Catalina! Now has 1140 hours on it and the time has come to redo the bottom of the boat. Just normal wear and tear (sometimes we anchor it, sometimes we beach it on sand, never on rocks). I contacted Chris yesterday and unfortunately he cannot help us anymore. I know y'all know who you trust out there (no flakes) - who do you recommend? We are located in Corona. Thanks.