WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard SDS

legend14

Reaction score
It went great spent 3 hours, mixed some colors, added a bunch of money!!! spent some time with Mike about some stuff in rigging I would like to change, add or substitute he seemed very receptive. This is going to be FUN!

I have built street rods, rock crawlers and a variety of "add ons" for my toys but this is going to be the funnest!
I had said, waiting to get something exactly the way you want is no problem, but waiting with an options sheet in your hand is all BAD!!!!

I doubt our paths will cross, but needless to say if they do I will recognize you and @MeCasa from a mile away! ENJOY
I'm on list for a 288, what changes are you doing with rigging? Add ons? This will be my dream boat and trying to get input from other owners what they liked and disliked? Thanks!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I'm on list for a 288, what changes are you doing with rigging? Add ons? This will be my dream boat and trying to get input from other owners what they liked and disliked? Thanks!

I will PM you so as not to mess up OP

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Im on the list for a 288, just wondering how this material holds up to the sun? Fades? Body lotion oils from people compared to the vinyl. Food stains???
Alcantara is great. Doesn’t get hot. I mean, sun tan lotion isn’t good for vinyl or alcantara. It is easy to clean with water and mild soap. I don’t allow any foods that will stain on my boats so I don’t know about that. I’ve spent about 100 hours over 5 years in an M35 with all black alcantara and it never faded.

legend14

Reaction score
Alcantara is great. Doesn’t get hot. I mean, sun tan lotion isn’t good for vinyl or alcantara. It is easy to clean with water and mild soap. I don’t allow any foods that will stain on my boats so I don’t know about that. I’ve spent about 100 hours over 5 years in an M35 with all black alcantara and it never faded.
Thanks for your reply!!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
So badass. So close. When do you take delivery did Teague give you any numbers?
Should get the boat next week minus my trailer. I was there for the water test. Ran hard! We hit 100 mph at about 5600 rpm. Engine makes peak hp at 6400. So it was a very good day.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
New avatar 👍

My browser does not like your videos, but the audio plays just fine, I got goosebumps!
Nothing like 1000hp at idle, its just begging for some throttle!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
75AF1D4C-FAC1-496E-8194-71E2B2E02AA6.jpeg
CA4EFE43-591D-47E9-8BC6-3E0C2F3FDDA7.jpeg
4B17E2BB-3B98-4BCA-B664-FDCEDF196278.jpeg
What an awesome day yesterday! I got to see my boat outside in the sun for the first time. The red is perfect and so bright. The silver metallic lets the sun dance off of it! The black interior is the perfect contrast against the silver. I was so blown away by the looks of the completed package. The boat on the water was another surprise. It is solid!!! Leans into the turns at 45+ and just makes you feel really comfortable! My wife was surprised at how she felt like she was sitting down in the boat and when we did 100mph, she said she thought we were doing about 65! The Teague engine pulls so hard! Gets on plane very easily at about 2800 rpm and takes about 6-7 seconds.
Needless to say I’m on cloud nine right now!!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
View attachment 1012680 View attachment 1012681 View attachment 1012682 What an awesome day yesterday! I got to see my boat outside in the sun for the first time. The red is perfect and so bright. The silver metallic lets the sun dance off of it! The black interior is the perfect contrast against the silver. I was so blown away by the looks of the completed package. The boat on the water was another surprise. It is solid!!! Leans into the turns at 45+ and just makes you feel really comfortable! My wife was surprised at how she felt like she was sitting down in the boat and when we did 100mph, she said she thought we were doing about 65! The Teague engine pulls so hard! Gets on plane very easily at about 2800 rpm and takes about 6-7 seconds.
🍻 🍻 🍻

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
View attachment 1012680 View attachment 1012681 View attachment 1012682 What an awesome day yesterday! I got to see my boat outside in the sun for the first time. The red is perfect and so bright. The silver metallic lets the sun dance off of it! The black interior is the perfect contrast against the silver. I was so blown away by the looks of the completed package. The boat on the water was another surprise. It is solid!!! Leans into the turns at 45+ and just makes you feel really comfortable! My wife was surprised at how she felt like she was sitting down in the boat and when we did 100mph, she said she thought we were doing about 65! The Teague engine pulls so hard! Gets on plane very easily at about 2800 rpm and takes about 6-7 seconds.

So much bad ass, boat came out as beautiful as it gets congratulations. Maybe cause how long it simply took to do my gauges, yours came out way bad ass as well, i cannot imagine building a whole new boat with all the options there are.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
So much bad ass, boat came out as beautiful as it gets congratulations. Maybe cause how long it simply took to do my gauges, yours came out way bad ass as well, i cannot imagine building a whole new boat with all the options there are.
Thank you man! It is a very long process with a lot of decisions to make. It consumed me probably more than it should, but I think that it came out pretty close to perfect for me! I dont want to do it again any time soon! Thanks and hope to see you out in Havasu.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Congratulations on a very classy boat. I hope you get years of joy from it.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
388CE42C-94E6-4FDA-84A3-ED7339EC4DD0.jpeg
3EDF8DB8-89BA-4F1C-9108-14BFE044652C.jpeg
47E7CAFC-6046-4512-A7B0-604629A4FD0C.jpeg
So it looks like all the final details are done. Bimini is mounted. Fender holder is in. The shitty lead acid batteries have been changed to Odyssey’s at my request. The painter did the Howard logos and the boat name and hailing port on the back. Everything came out really good. Supposed to get my trailer Monday-Tuesday.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Saw you and the blue Howard pull into the springs Saturday morning. Boat looks amazing. Did you have a chance to run it wide open? I know you had a fair amount of people on board.
Nice, thank you very much! Just had my wife and two little boys on board. I’ve only had it up to 85mph. About 2/3 throttle. Just taking it easy for about the first 10 hours. It pulls so hard!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score

Passing a friend at about 85. Trimmed a little to high so it had a slight porpoise. Went away right after this. It accelerates so hard! The Teague 1050 is amazing! I’ve only had it to 90 and about 2/3 throttle. About 5psi on the gauge.

the510

Reaction score
such beautiful boats.... makes me really wish I took a different path in life lol

congrats

1manshow

Reaction score
View attachment 1017633 View attachment 1017634 View attachment 1017635 So it looks like all the final details are done. Bimini is mounted. Fender holder is in. The shitty lead acid batteries have been changed to Odyssey’s at my request. The painter did the Howard logos and the boat name and hailing port on the back. Everything came out really good. Supposed to get my trailer Monday-Tuesday.
Beautiful boat!! Turned out killer!! Can u post a pic of engine compartment and of your fender holder if you don’t mind? Or is it’s Howard’s standard fender holder? Thanks

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Beautiful boat!! Turned out killer!! Can u post a pic of engine compartment and of your fender holder if you don’t mind? Or is it’s Howard’s standard fender holder? Thanks
4C75FEB5-DC8E-4E34-BF6E-94C690CD6E2E.png
2BAF3BC7-807E-46FD-9C03-9F2E4D836E4E.png
Thank you! Are you building one? This is not the normal fender holder. They only make one to hold 6” fenders. I use 8” so they made this for me.

1manshow

Reaction score
View attachment 1034916 View attachment 1034918 Thank you! Are you building one? This is not the normal fender holder. They only make one to hold 6” fenders. I use 8” so they made this for me.
Thank You! Yes Iam building Iam way out out on the list we didn’t order till may 1 so it will be awhile. I like your set up! Way nicer then their standard holder. Congrats again on a beautiful boat! 👊🏻

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Mikemo_SDS i met you in pirates a couple
Months ago. Boat is so nice in person. And seeing al the videos on Insta of you and the family enjoying it is awesome!! Congrats to you and your family!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Awesome boat man. Any issues with it? I like the 288 but the SDS looks more substantial for the larger chop on the big lakes. I know a rear walk off is an option on SDS right?

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Awesome boat man. Any issues with it? I like the 288 but the SDS looks more substantial for the larger chop on the big lakes. I know a rear walk off is an option on SDS right?
Thanks. No issues, it’s been great. I like the SDS for a lot of reasons over the 288. Mainly, the windshield you sit behind, more freeboard, and the option for a full bench across the back.

Yes, a walk off rear is an option.