WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

An aquintance is suicidal..

traquer

Reaction score
What the fuck do I tell him? He wouldn't pick up my call..

He's a super guy, one of the best ladies men I've ever met, has plenty of friends etc... Not short on money but not where he was last year.

He's posting all this shit on FB about killing himself and no one is really saying anything or commenting him not to do it. WTF is wrong with everyone are they scared to say anything? What do I do if he won't answer?

Hope he snaps out of it and I get a call soon.. Fuck

Life is long there's plenty of awesome things coming, maybe not today but tomorow and next week and next year are limitless. He needs to know that.

traquer

Reaction score
He's on the other side of the world unfortunately, I don't know anyone there

HCP3

Reaction score
I don't have the number, but the suicide hotline might be able to give you the resources you need. Google search.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Welfare check is the best you can do right now. I used to call in WC quite often on people.

707dog

Reaction score
* edit most of this didn't see the part where he was not local
no calls or text messages...you just pull up on his ass grab him by the collar and have a man to man/heart to heart come to Jesus talk with him. let him do most of the talking and get his issues on the table then access from there. definitely would not take threats of suicide lightly no matter how good the surface looks the pressure of life can consume the inside of anyone.

*sadly last night myself spent 2 hrs talking a close friend out of that dark thought process I did not sugar coat anything or play the poor him ball game just a straight up hardball conversation about every aspect of his life and how good he really has it. told him put you hands down your pants and squeeze your nuts if it hurts thats cause its supposed to cause your a man now start acting like one and get back to handling your shit, quite the FN belly acking your wife n kids need you.

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Ya sadly just picking yourself up by your bootstraps doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Just because you have everything going for you doesn’t mean you can’t be depressed and can actually make it worse. How many rich dudes with hot wives etc. take the odd number way out? (357 9)

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
He's on the other side of the world unfortunately, I don't know anyone there

Where's he at? Depending what side of the world he's in, he could be asleep. Its 1am in Tokyo, 3am China, 9pm Spain.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
It is my opinion that depression is simply the opposite side of the same coin as ambition. Without the consistent want to have more and do better, we would never find the drive to achieve it.

Just gotta get your buddies to flip that coin back over. You guys are good friends for worrying.. Hope they snap out of it and get their heads up.

gqchris

Reaction score
Are we sure his Facebook account isnt hacked? I wouldnt trust that as a first source.

But he refuses to pick up calls?

Im sure someone here can do a welfare check no matter what city, we are all over the place.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I would rather be the dick that called the cops for a welfare check than the friend that misses his buddy because he took his own life.

You never know what's going thru someone's head. The fact that he is posting and no one is reacting can almost be taken as a dare. Do yourself (and him) the favor and get the welfare check done. Then get him the counseling or whatever other help and support he needs -After you know he is safe.

Don't sit and think about what to do. Take action

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are you sure about his state of mind?
I had a lifelong friend, got tired of his shenanigans over many years. So I’d stop answering his calls at times. He would call back over and over and over. One time I counted 9 calls in less than an hour. Then he started calling other people to call me and left messages saying he was worried and was going to call the cops.
That’s when I let him know to leave me alone.
That was a couple years ago so he may have had what could be considered a valid concern because of my mourning. (although he was a no show in my real time of need, and at the funeral)
So as lifelong acquaintances will do, we remained friends.
But more recently he called over and over and then called my work to see if I was still working.
That’s when I blocked him and cut all ties.
50 years we’ve known each other. He claims he is the worlds most caring individual, from my vantage point he is a bipolar stalker...always has been.

So while I know that all the advice here is meant in good faith and all the best of intentions, I’d make damn sure about what you’re doing before you start sending people to his door.

Last edited:

traquer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. I just re-read some of his posts and I think he's headed to jail or is in some sort of trouble with the law.. That sucks. I have no idea what he did.

He's in Asia and I don't know his address.

I won't upload his posts out of privacy. He's still online though on FB so that's a good thing.