WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cologne?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I played golf Sunday. In our threesome was a fellow visiting from Kentucky. He was probably early 60ish. He wore some old school cologne.

I rarely wear any, maybe like twice a year. Each time a I put it on, I remember why I don't like it, LOL

I remember that my father did, at least for work or nights out, and I know it was common back then. Do many guys still wear it?

It seems to be more common with middle eastern men. And there was a few years when my kid loved his AXE body spray. Ugh, that was gross.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I wear it but I’m a millennial lol
My chick usually gets me YSL L’Homme and Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio.

Giorgio is my everyday
YSL is my special occasion spray

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I have 5 or 6 bottles of pricey cologne that I haven’t worn in forever. I guess because I am older and don’t go to the bars, I don’t think about it. I wonder if they are rancid now? :p
Now I probably smell like deodorant and Downy. When I was young, old people smelled like Brut, Hi Karate or Old Spice.

WYRD

Reaction score
I'll do the walk through misting on the occasional night out. Nothing day to day though.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Ha, my dad had Old Spice, then Aramis.

My wife has given me a couple bottles as gifts, but they are in the drawer.

Maybe a Christmas Tree Air Freshener in the coat pocket would work... LOL

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Every day.

2525578_prod_altimg_1.jpeg

Cdog

Reaction score
I do wear Curve. It's smells clean and fresh since I'm a sweaty mess sometimes.

Funny about the ME guys. They bathe in cologne.

Reactions: DWC

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I don’t wear it too often.

what I find interesting is many people in corporate America don’t wear perfume/cologne anymore. Apparently, people that are or say they are allergic to it complain and the employees are discouraged from wearing it. It’s a bummer. The days of a nice women walking past in a pencil skirt and nice perfume scent are gone or numbered.

Cdog

Reaction score
I don’t wear it too often.

what I find interesting is many people in corporate America don’t wear perfume/cologne anymore. Apparently, people that are or say they are allergic to it complain and the employees are discouraged from wearing it. It’s a bummer. The days of a nice women walking past in a pencil skirt and nice perfume scent are gone or numbered.

When I worked at a big commercial RE firm and had a client walk into the meeting room saying it smells like stripper in here. The secretary must of had some bath and body works lotion on. HAHA! 😂 😆

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Started out in high school with Polo Cologne and have never stopped for some reason....well I stopped Polo any way. I don’t buy it anymore but usually receive cologne as a gift, funny thing is my MIL just sent me a bottle of Polo for Christmas and I can’t bring myself to wear it. Lol

BC024775-E719-489F-A878-E34FC5DA5C57.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
When I worked at a big commercial RE firm and had a client walk into the meeting room saying it smells like stripper in here. The secretary must of had some bath and body works lotion on. HAHA! 😂 😆
And glitter? :p

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Wore cologne through highschool and college. When i started working in construction industry after graduating i stopped. Why do i need to smell good for a bunch of dudes? I shower daily, apply deodorant to my underarms, and wear clean clothes, i think thats all that is necessary. If you have a lady that enjoys the scent of a certain spray, then i could see wearing it more often. Diet also plays a big role in your scent when you perspire. Ive also found that certain fabrics like under armor stink to high hell as soon as you start sweating, so i threw all that stuff away.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I have or had this...not sure anymore.
I rarely splish anymore, usually just for a social gathering where you actually wear nicer clothes or a night out with the mrs.
I do use a brand now that I can't remember name of (gregsomethingorother?) but it must have some sort of pheromones in it cuz everytime I use it I'll get multiple yummy comments from women..lol
🤗😂

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I’ll wear A&F Fierce, Acqua di Gio, or Clinique Happy on my days off. Wife likes them all, and I try to change it up.

C-2

Reaction score
When I work in the office I wear it. Admittedly, far less than I used to wear when I was younger. Then again, I'm no longer trolling for chickies, I'm a few decades past that time, lol.

I have a box full of my old colognes - I had them all. They go rancid. DO NOT spray a puff of Drakkar Noir after it's been sitting for 30 years 😂

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I played golf Sunday. In our threesome was a fellow visiting from Kentucky. He was probably early 60ish. He wore some old school cologne.

I rarely wear any, maybe like twice a year. Each time a I put it on, I remember why I don't like it, LOL

I remember that my father did, at least for work or nights out, and I know it was common back then. Do many guys still wear it?

It seems to be more common with middle eastern men. And there was a few years when my kid loved his AXE body spray. Ugh, that was gross.
What's really funny are the idiotic tv ads for mens cologne. Definitely targeting women buyers for their man to smell as hot-n-sexy as the metro-dude on tv.
As if Capt Jack Sparrow digging a hole in the middle of the desert has any relation to cologne 🤣🤣

Javajoe

Reaction score
I only wear it when we go out somewhere nice and it should only be noticed when you hug someone. No fucking need for me to smell it on any guy or woman just talking to him. Most smells horrible. People put WAY TOO MUCH ON. Fucking horrible sitting next to someone in a movie theater that wears a shit load. I always have to move

bk2drvr

Reaction score
What's really funny are the idiotic tv ads for mens cologne. Definitely targeting women buyers for their man to smell as hot-n-sexy as the metro-dude on tv.
As if Capt Jack Sparrow digging a hole in the middle of the desert has any relation to cologne 🤣🤣

Funny you brought this one up. Savauge by Dior (and Jack Sparrow) is great cologne. I get compliments on it all the time. Its not too heavy. Literally am asked all the time by women who want to get it for their man.

framer1

Reaction score
Jade East was big when I was young...not sure they even make it anymore. No cologne here.

DWC

Reaction score
My wife bought it for me a year ago and I like it. Not super strong so you can wear it daily.
Obviously, wife hasn’t given up on you. Mine knows there’s not enough “lipstick” to help me out. She just hopes i remember a belt, zipper is up and nose/ear hairs are mostly trimmed.

Nordie

Reaction score
Night on the town or vacation I wear either Fahrenheit or JPG. Normal day to day business deodorant will do

rivergames

Reaction score
Everyday. I have a collection of different colognes. I don't want the same repetitious smell each day so I change it up

I like The Sauvage:
1626724007450.png

I wear this one when I get all fancy n shit:
1626724069272.png

This ole school one from Victoria Secret has gotten me laid more times then I can count:
1626724127191.png

There is the newer Victoria Secret one that smells pretty good:
1626724168064.png

This Versace is dank:
1626724216164.png

Last edited:
Reactions: C-2

rrrr

Reaction score
A little Bvlgari Pour Homme after showering.

traquer

Reaction score
I do but only a small spritz. You want it to be nice but barely noticeable.

One thing I have never done though is car air fresheners. If your car smells like shit there's a reason for it, fix that first lol

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I use an aftershave, not for the smell but for the sanitary factor. My chick absolutely loves it. I usually only shave once or twice a week, most of the time roll around with stubble, the perk of being locked in my cave most of the time 🤣

Usually Bay Rum based in the summer and a T.O.B.S traditional old school scent when the weather is cooler.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Interesting , The older I get the less I like strong cologne or perfume smells or for that matter overwhelming sprays and household air spays. Colognes and perfumes on my self or others are a turn off , and nothing is worse than cologne mixed with man sweat , Unscented deodorant, love my Irish spring body wash and thats it , I always pondered that women that overdid it with perfume were trying to cover up ? .... oh and for shaving lotion I use Witch Hazel

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Wear it every day and have somewhat of a problem as I have about 10 different bottles. The one I go back to a lot and get the most compliments on is Issey Miyake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
A little off subject, but this thread just reminded of this, and some of the 'older' board members will remember "Mr. Ricky", the editor/publisher of "Vapor Trails" newspaper back a few decades ago. "Mr. Ricky" was known as "Captain Perfume" around the boat races. You'd smell him before you saw him. He was one of boat racing's genuine and unique characters.....and dedicated to boat racing and the people who made it interesting.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Every day, even at the River. Versace eros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro