WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

370 SPORT CRUISER OUTBOARD with a huge cabin! What do you think?

OCTANE MARINE

Reaction score
The new 370 SeaRay designed by BMW with outboards is AWESOME! Not quite as fast as a center console but has Air-conditioning in the cockpit and cabin and so many creature comforts we are all looking for! BBQ, Joystick piloting! "Amazing!" and much more! Boat runs mid 50's even though it weighs in at 18k! Jumps on plane quickly with triple outboards ! Pretty cool boat! Check out the links! Drove one in Newport beach last weekend! IMPRESSIVE!

Black.png
blue.png
image5.jpg
Bathroow with shower.jpg
dash.jpg
37.jpg
Black.png
blue.png
image5.jpg
dash.jpg
37.jpg
Black.png
blue.png
image5.jpg
Bathroow with shower.jpg
dash.jpg
37.jpg
1626844499490.png

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So what’s this going to run? Guessing under a half but over a third

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Bitchin. Reminds me of the formula, which I believe a member on here has.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Great design. Outboards make total sense for ease of access. Hard top & wind shield to get out of the wind. Open bow with great cabin. I want one.

Reactions: DWC

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My buddy recently sold their 400 due to the lack of deck space. This is so much nicer minus having the sperated state rooms but the use of space is pretty genius.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Lots of little details say well designed. Like the swoops diamonds Cnc stitched on the back rest but not the bottom cushion. Cross between a picnic boat and cruiser. Depends on where you use it.

toto

Reaction score
We saw this one last weekend and it was pretty nice - Open Bow walk through with cabin as well.
20210710_111949.jpg

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I think you can get into a Aguila 36 Power cat with twins for about 400K with a 14 foot beam and dual cabin/head, so while I love this boat, I think I would have to go with a power cat for less money and less need for triples. Since I can't afford to buy either, but I can charter a power cat.. any idea if these will be in the charter fleet or are they owner boats only?

OCTANE MARINE

Reaction score
I think you can get into a Aguila 36 Power cat with twins for about 400K with a 14 foot beam and dual cabin/head, so while I love this boat, I think I would have to go with a power cat for less money and less need for triples. Since I can't afford to buy either, but I can charter a power cat.. any idea if these will be in the charter fleet or are they owner boats only?
We have ordered 2 of the 370's for customers! They are both going to lake Pleasant. We are planning on bringing one to Desert Storm!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What would that giant Nordic/Eliminator cat run $ wise with twin 400's? I'm guessing comparable?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
What would that giant Nordic/Eliminator cat run $ wise with twin 400's? I'm guessing comparable?

Cruising speed is 34 mph, that's the only number that matters. My guess is it can't get up with twins since its not offered. 50 mph is the top end advertised, so once you actually put a load of gear and people on it, probably does mid 40s best case and you will use 2x the fuel to go that 10 mph faster.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I dig it, my only question is why the open bow? Anytime I have been on friends larger boats all of the action is in back where everyone is partying, even with an open bow. Would people use the open bow? Sometimes a lady or 5 will layout if there is a nice sunpad, but it seems to be a waste of space to me? Not really meaning to knock it, I have just never seen anyone really use it on this type of boat?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Cruising speed is 34 mph, that's the only number that matters. My guess is it can't get up with twins since its not offered. 50 mph is the top end advertised, so once you actually put a load of gear and people on it, probably does mid 40s best case and you will use 2x the fuel to go that 10 mph faster.
Well the Nordic has run up to 61 before they attempted dialing it in anymore. So if the money is right....... I'd take the Nordic!!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I dig it, my only question is why the open bow? Anytime I have been on friends larger boats all of the action is in back where everyone is partying, even with an open bow. Would people use the open bow? Sometimes a lady or 5 will layout if there is a nice sunpad, but it seems to be a waste of space to me? Not really meaning to knock it, I have just never seen anyone really use it on this type of boat?

On my Sundancer 290 with the closed bow, we spend a ton of time up front on top of the bow, so I think the open bow is a good idea on this boat. These cruiser sit in the marina and on the anchor 90% of the time and its nice to spread out... I have a charter boat out of the BVI with this open bow arrangement that I will report back on at some point (covid willing) and will have a first hand opinion at some point in the near future.

2Driver

Reaction score

That 370 is so nice, I like the open bow and still full berth. I could summer on that real easy.

We captained that Aguilla 36’ in BVI for 8 days and it was really nice. The bottom cabin was enclosed with an open upper deck and dual helm I think the new one is all open no upper bridge. It had twin Yanmar diesels ,but still 8 days on the Ocean and under $300 of fuel.
027D5DE4-7008-461C-8EFE-5DA0633A1ED7.jpeg

Last edited:

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where the Searay 370 will be used?

Its not a great loop boat. It’s not a Bahamas Boat. The side fixed windows will eventually drive the owner bat shit crazy. It gets terrible gas mileage. It’s not marina friendly, it will need additional canvas in order to protect interior. It appears bow heavy too. Other than those observations…… it’s a pretty boat.

Probably good for Havasu, but there are tons of better brands if you actually want to go offshore. Searay is not know for quality hardware and fittings either. I would also be willing to guess that access to vital components is not a top priority, based on past models. These things are designed to get the wives all happy at a boat show. Just some observations from South Florida.

I am looking forward to seeing the Searay 370 leaving an inlet…… while continuously filling the open bow, filled with passengers. I hope they at least open the pilothouse door, so it can drain quicker. A gyro won’t do anything about pitch polling.

Last edited:

Mike K

Reaction score
Love it.
You can pull the engines totally out of the water … no more drive / strut / prop corrosion or painting or damage.

OCTANE MARINE

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where the Searay 370 will be used?

Its not a great loop boat. It’s not a Bahamas Boat. The side fixed windows will eventually drive the owner bat shit crazy. It gets terrible gas mileage. It’s not marina friendly, it will need additional canvas in order to protect interior. It appears bow heavy too. Other than those observations…… it’s a pretty boat.

Probably good for Havasu, but there are tons of better brands if you actually want to go offshore. Searay is not know for quality hardware and fittings either. I would also be willing to guess that access to vital components is not a top priority, based on past models. These things are designed to get the wives all happy at a boat show. Just some observations from South Florida.

I am looking forward to seeing the Searay 370 leaving an inlet…… while continuously filling the open bow, filled with passengers. I hope they at least open the pilothouse door, so it can drain quicker. A gyro won’t do anything about pitch polling.
From the water line to the top of the gunnel is 6 feet. I am not much of an ocean guy but I did take one out in newport last weekend! That would be a hell of a big wave. As for the fit and finish, I think some will be really surprised when they see this boat. They have definitely raised the bar! Time will tell! It really drove nice, I have never had experience with a gyro. I thought it was awesome!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The problem with my buddies closed now 400 was the lack of outdoor space. There were two lounges on the front and it was a great spot but it was a no go underway on Catalina trips. The rear outdoor area was way too small. This is way better. If your going over 40 in the big blue it's a flat ass day unless your in a cig or a bad ass cc. This is a great overnighter.

OCTANE MARINE

Reaction score
That 370 is so nice, I like the open bow and still full berth. I could summer on that real easy.

We captained that Aguilla 36’ in BVI for 8 days and it was really nice. The bottom cabin was enclosed with an open upper deck and dual helm I think the new one is all open no upper bridge. It had twin Yanmar diesels ,but still 8 days on the Ocean and under $300 of fuel.
View attachment 1028170
That Cat is really cool looking!