WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hiding outdoor stereo receiver

Get415

Reaction score
How is everyone hiding there backyard stereo receivers? I can mount under the patio roof but that not visually appealing. I have an old wood cooler that might work with some minor cutting. Im trying to find a cool way to hide it, but it will still be under the protection of the patio.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
How is everyone hiding there backyard stereo receivers? I can mount under the patio roof but that not visually appealing. I have an old wood cooler that might work with some minor cutting. Im trying to find a cool way to hide it, but it will still be under the protection of the patio.
I bought a rubber maid cabinet to hold the reciever /dvd player/ alexa and xm units. drilled a small hole in the back for power and wires. put on the side of the house.
also gave me a few shelves for storage.

azsunfun

Reaction score
i have hard wired 7.1 inside and front and back yard on speaker( b), turn off (a )speakers inside if needed.front and rear seperated by toggle switch.

Get415

Reaction score
Thats the kinda thing i'm looking for, Thanks!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
i have hard wired 7.1 inside and front and back yard on speaker( b), turn off (a )speakers inside if needed.front and rear seperated by toggle switch.
Your B speakers are only stereo though correct?

Get415

Reaction score
Hard wire inside to the home stereo would be ideal but a project and a half. So i'm doing completely separate system for the yard.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Hard wire inside to the home stereo would be ideal but a project and a half. So i'm doing completely separate system for the yard.
You're going to hopefully get some good info on some pretty nice set ups. I don't want to spend the money to update mine.
5.1 wired receiver with speaker wires run through pvc underground (L,R,C,Ls,Rs, (buried sub finally died) we had movie night with the screen on the backside of the pool so like the 5.1 setup. this was the most cost effective way for me to do it at the time.
Now you can do everything wireless and bluetooth if desired.

Last edited:

azsunfun

Reaction score
bluetooth module can take care of that, but you loose a little on volume.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Sonos speakers, plugged in, linked to system in 2 mins via app, named Backyard, crack beer..... done.

Ours is hardwired but driven by a sonos setup inside, as is the garage that I control from the app.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Ours is hardwired but driven by a sonos setup inside, as is the garage that I control from the app.

Hard to beat the ease of use of Sonos. One of the best "I'm not spending that much" deals I've done.

WYRD

Reaction score

Something like this would eliminate the need for a receiver. I have a couple of different smaller JBL bluetooth speakers and they all link together when listening to inside and outside. Maybe it's just the old age in me but I don't need a huge system anymore just carry my j b l charge around with me while doing yard work or barbecuing
1627082668560.png

DLC

Reaction score
Build an outdoor bar / bbq area and set in it

Kustom built cabinet for TV

a set of base cabinets with a nice countertop

boatpi

Reaction score
My biggest health I have a Yamaha 7.1 with XM just inside in the bar area two small holes in the wall and underground wires feeding Kilpsch rock speakers that kick butt

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
My biggest health I have a Yamaha 7.1 with that soon just inside in the bar area two small holes in the wall and underground wires feeding Kilpsch rock speakers that kick butt

I don’t have the klipsch but I have rock speakers. I really like the sound coming from the ground up as opposed to above me down. I feel like I have to talk over hanging speakers where as the rock speakers I’m talking above them and it’s easier to hear everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk