WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Antelope Point houseboats

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Capture.JPG

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
How might this play out? A Moth Ball fleet of houseboats beached in various locations on Powell for those who didn’t have a slip and were unable to be hauled out? How’s the water depth at Antelope and Wahweap floating docks/slips?

JFMFG

Reaction score
How might this play out? A Moth Ball fleet of houseboats beached in various locations on Powell for those who didn’t have a slip and were unable to be hauled out? How’s the water depth at Antelope and Wahweap floating docks/slips?
Wahweap to my understanding isn’t doing rentals or launching anymore. I think antelope point is all that’s left

Singleton

Reaction score
Wahweap to my understanding isn’t doing rentals or launching anymore. I think antelope point is all that’s left

when did Wahweap stop?
that is the main Aramark rental facility for Powell.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
We are renting out of wahweap marina.
They have suspended private Houseboat launching at the moment.

They are working on the launch ramps at the moment (told to me by a Houseboat representative at Wahweap Marina).

She also said the water level is dropping daily.
I'll be on the Lake next week....

Boat 405

Reaction score

Negative, they are renting boats out of the Wahweap marina. That hasn’t changed. Most of those boats stay in the in the water year round. Some they pull during winter to dry dock for repairs and maintenance. They aren’t allowing private houseboats to launch.

77charger

Reaction score
Negative, they are renting boats out of the Wahweap marina. That hasn’t changed. Most of those boats stay in the in the water year round. Some they pull during winter to dry dock for repairs and maintenance. They aren’t allowing private houseboats to launch.
The way rumors are flying is 🙈. All I know I hope lake is pretty quiet when I go Thursday since most are backing out if trips. Might be the least crowded trip since 86. We camp it so houseboat ain’t a worry

Boat 405

Reaction score
Yeah we’ve been a few years where we had all of warm creek to ourselves. Maybe 1 or 2 houseboats in all of warm creek. It was amazing to do water ski runs mid day by where the current castle rock cut is before it was dug. At particular water levels it was all reeds and it absorbed all the waves instantly.

77charger

Reaction score
Yeah we’ve been a few years where we had all of warm creek to ourselves. Maybe 1 or 2 houseboats in all of warm creek. It was amazing to do water ski runs mid day by where the current castle rock cut is before it was dug. At particular water levels it was all reeds and it absorbed all the waves instantly.
We always done lone rock. But really look Foward to smooth water on longer runs.i can go a long ways in my boat pretty easily. My trip will be short but will make best if it.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
All the money spent on the cut and can’t be used 😩 I would like to see Lone rock

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Laketime told me on Friday that NPS is trying to open a ramp that was used in 1960. It's in the marina but needs to have the submerged areas cleared of debris and a road would have to be constructed to connect the old ramp to the current roads.

Pics taken on 7/23/21 as our Houseboat was getting pulled.

20210723_093243.jpg
20210723_093257.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-23 at 7.29.26 PM.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Laketime told me on Friday that NPS is trying to open a ramp that was used in 1960. It's in the marina but needs to have the submerged areas cleared of debris and a road would have to be constructed to connect the old ramp to the current roads.

It is the original stateline ramp. Been under water for years and needs to be cleared and inspected. Plus dirt path needs to be cleared to its location

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
It is the original stateline ramp. Been under water for years and needs to be cleared and inspected. Plus dirt path needs to be cleared to its location

He showed me a current pic he took. Its 6 lanes wide.