WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ordering a New Ram

Warlock1

Reaction score
I've never ordered a new vehicle before and I don't want to be taken for a ride in doing so. What are the steps to go about doing this to get a fair deal? Any hidden gotchas to watch out for? None of the dealers around me have the vehicle I want and if I'm going to spend that type of coin I'm getting exactly what I want. Banking on this being the last truck I buy. I'm in no hurry if that makes a difference so I have time to wait since I have to get rid of my Dmax first.

Brobee

Reaction score
I’ve got a lot of information from this site, it’s a lot to sort through but it’ll tell you what people are getting and how. I know there’s a few high volume dealers you can send your build sheet to that will quote you their best price. Hopefully you can get a good deal now with the stupid prices dealers are asking lately.

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Internet sales... unless you have a car broker....

My Car broker passed away a few years ago...

RIP Michael Rice

Boat 405

Reaction score
On my 2020 ram. I dealt with the dealer Anderson in Havasu. Got 10k below msrp and good trade in value. So I was happy. Not to mention on my trade in, I paid that much less in sales taxes on the new truck. Win all around.

Not sure if you could pull that off today with all the bs going on. Special order 2500 Laramie 4x4 long bed. Ordered July 5th. Took delivery September 25th.

arch stanton

Reaction score
I order all of my new trucks Chevy,Dodge Kenworth and Peterbilt its the only way to go you can get more color options when ordering but you usually can't get none standard colors in the highest trim levels but you can get most of the options added to a lower trim level. A good sales guy can get some options that are not usually added together on the web site builder added to a build.
I buy from the fleet department and all they usually need is you to have a business any business, the pricing will vary but in normal times 500 to 1000 over dealer cost on a Chevy or Dodge was normal or about 10k off MSRP the higher the MSRP the more you can get off. What are you looking to buy a 2wd half ton or a 4x4 1 ton diesel the difference could be 50K on list price.
The fleet department usually does not try the game of up selling on paint protection,scotch guard and under coat they do like to do the financing as they can make more on that than the truck and I will use them as long as equal to my bank or better and I tell them that upfront . Come in prepared with your spec done except the things that you want that are none stand options and it can be a very quick and easy deal but they are not into tire kicking it can be done online and by phone but I still think you can get a little more effort on the sales guys part if you meet in person after making an appointment. The chevy truck I ordered for my wife took 18 weeks to get but it matches the boat pretty dam good, it is harder to get something special if you order at the end of the model year.
IMG_4657 2.jpg

Last edited: