Blackstone griddles

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
what kind of scrapers?
They are just a metal scrapper. I don't know the brand. Dollar tree had boxes full of them in the section with the cooking utensils. I went to Dollar Tree because someone else told me they had gotten them there.

Sent Using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
They are just a metal scrapper. I don't know the brand. Dollar tree had boxes full of them in the section with the cooking utensils. I went to Dollar Tree because someone else told me they had gotten them there.

Sent Using Tapatalk

and they just slide on it looks like? I have a 17”. Do you have the 36”?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Yes, they just slide on the lip of the griddle. Mine is a 36" . Buy 6 of them. If you can only use 4, you are only out $2.

Sent Using Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Here is a little better picture.
20210702_133706.jpg
20210702_133648.jpg

Sent Using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
ACA2A3EC-38A6-4E3B-BBA7-5AB7D4E505C3.jpeg

A home grown TBone from NC with garlic-butter potato, some ranch beans as well as my BLs.

cheers!

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ok guys. Got my Blackstone and followed seasoning instructions.

2nd cook on it last night and used avocado oil with terriyaki chicken thighs, tossed in terriyaki sauce.

Did the cleaning method as suggested and grill looks like this. Normal??

View attachment 1020060 View attachment 1020061 View attachment 1020062

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Used the pumice stone? Little too aggressive with the cleaning but no big deal. It will come right back and work fine.

You probably had a lot of buildup from the terriyaki sauce. Try to scrape off more when the grill is still warm and use some water first when it’s hot so you don’t have to pumice as much. It’s tough with sugar though. I cooked some brown sugar bacon on mine, it made a mess.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I found it critical to clean the grilling surface pretty much when your done cooking and it is still hot. I just use a stiff 4" scrapper into the grease cup, wiped down with a handful of paper towels then a light spray coat of olive or avocado oil from Walmart. Gonna do those grilled carmalized peaches over ice cream on Sunday...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Don't those get hot AF?
Yes. I don't touch them. But the keep the heat off your shelves. Without them, anything on the shelf gets so hot you can't touch it.

They also block the wind when it is windy.

Sent Using Tapatalk

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Yes. I don't touch them. But the keep the heat off your shelves. Without them, anything on the shelf gets so hot you can't touch it.

They also block the wind when it is windy.

Sent Using Tapatalk
So then you just use them for a heat block? Lol.... Thought you wanted to stack up on scraper to help you clean...lol. Funny...my side shelves are long enough I guess I don’t have to worry about that.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
So then you just use them for a heat block? Lol.... Thought you wanted to stack up on scraper to help you clean...lol. Funny...my side shelves are long enough I guess I don’t have to worry about that.
Correct. I don't use them for scrappers. LOL. Just heat and wind shielding.

Sent Using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Had some spare 11ga 304 at work and had one of my guys shear it to size and drill 2 holes. The counter is 3" away from the griddle and it was taking the toll on the painted redwood.

20210703_192147.jpg

20210703_192153.jpg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
B0E0F0E8-3DF5-4BC7-B8E3-EFB311213512.jpeg
I

Incoming!!!! Big big fucking Angus Burgers!!!! :p just got back from Home Depot and bought a folding table to put all the shit on.

Reactions: DWC

Ty N

Reaction score
We use the Blackstone 17" with the built in air fryer, works awesome. Also use the Weber1200Q. No issues at all, covers all the bases!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Ok, who has got rid of their regular gas grill after getting a Blackstone?

I have had my Blackstone since Father’s Day and haven’t used my regular grill since. Thinking about freeing up space on the deck by getting rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I had my own KISS concert on Sunday. The gas accumulated under the griddle and Whammo! About a foot flames all around. :p Any higher and I would have had the Whoopie Goldberg look…… no eyebrows!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Ok, who has got rid of their regular gas grill after getting a Blackstone?

I have had my Blackstone since Father’s Day and haven’t used my regular grill since. Thinking about freeing up space on the deck by getting rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not me. I still do my boneless chicken breast on it. I slather them with melted butter and parsley. Maybe too big a mess for the griddle. Plus it’s a pricey Weber. Too expensive to ditch it.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Never again will I sit in In&out’s drive through……..

Attachments

• 5C3AF619-35CC-4F93-BA4F-52CB7B4A0DBA.jpeg
    5C3AF619-35CC-4F93-BA4F-52CB7B4A0DBA.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 167
  • E0270B55-1CC6-49AF-B311-59982178DBBC.jpeg
    E0270B55-1CC6-49AF-B311-59982178DBBC.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 9495571E-F03A-4832-8FD6-972DC979540A.jpeg
    9495571E-F03A-4832-8FD6-972DC979540A.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 164

cole_skier

Reaction score
Just bought a 28” and seasoned it per instructions. The griddle seems to be rough. Anyone have the same issue? And if so what did you do.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Goddamm mice got into mine.. went in through the grease trap and had a fn party under the lid. Droppings everywhere and lil claw prints all over. It's going to the dump.. I can't even think about grilling food on it now after seeing this shitty mess.. 🤬🤬🤬

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Goddamm mice got into mine.. went in through the grease trap and had a fn party under the lid. Droppings everywhere and lil claw prints all over. It's going to the dump.. I can't even think about grilling food on it now after seeing this shitty mess.. 🤬🤬🤬

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You have a recipe for this?

I do. This makes a ton though, enough for 6-8 people, but I like the ratio of meat to rice to veggies this provides.

For this particular recipe I used flap meat (plain carne Asada) and marinated it in Korean BBQ sauce. It might have been closer to 1.25 lbs.

I used this marinade, but whatever you like will work.

Korean BBQ for Beef - 29.63fl Oz (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L16XBDA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5D7VFC778S6FN1MQ72ST

If you don’t have garlic butter, you can just add a little more minced garlic and use regular butter.

Fried Rice recipe
1 lb meat
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
5-6 eggs
2 cups frozen peas/carrots mixture
1 chopped onion
Minced garlic
Garlic butter
Canola oil
Soy sauce
Sesame seeds
2 tsp Sesame Oil
Salt/pepper or Jockos seasoning

Cook rice 1 hr before - Wash rice to remove as much starch as possible. Then cook rice per instructions - spread on cookie sheet, let fan blow over it for an hour or more to dry the rice. You can also put the rice in the fridge overnight, but this fan method was the quickest prep and left the rice the right consistancy.

Griddle temp - half medium heat, half on low

Cook the meat - remove from griddle, or move to cold side

Cook eggs - scramble and mince while cooking. Move to cold side of griddle

Cook frozen veggie mixture carrots, peas The add onion/garlic to mixture, cook and move to cold side, add a little butter if needed.

Put rice on griddle, add garlic butter and canola oil as needed. Then add egg, meat veggie mixture, mix and add more butter if needed, then add soy sauce, sesame seeds and a little toasted sesame oil.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Clean it up, burn it all off with fire.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just bought a 28” and seasoned it per instructions. The griddle seems to be rough. Anyone have the same issue? And if so what did you do.

You might have used too much oil? What kind of oil? Heat it back up, and scrape it, put some oil on a folded up paper tower and wipe the entire surface of the griddle. and let it go until the smoke stops.

You have to use a good oil with a high smoke point like canola, or if you use too much it will leave deposits.

cole_skier

Reaction score
You might have used too much oil? What kind of oil? Heat it back up, and scrape it, put some oil on a folded up paper tower and wipe the entire surface of the griddle. and let it go until the smoke stops.

You have to use a good oil with a high smoke point like canola, or if you use too much it will leave deposits.
Avocado oil. It is like the griddle itself has little bumps all over it

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Never again will I sit in In&out’s drive through……..

I notice you like the grilled onions, if you want another trick to getting an In N Out kind of flavor, put some mustard on each side of the patty while cooking, against the grill top. That is part of the "animal style" for those wondering. Let me know if anyone wants any other INO tips and tricks as it was my high school and college job.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I notice you like the grilled onions, if you want another trick to getting an In N Out kind of flavor, put some mustard on each side of the patty while cooking, against the grill top. That is part of the "animal style" for those wondering. Let me know if anyone wants any other INO tips and tricks as it was my high school and college job.

What's the trick to their grilled onions? I have been able to get close by dicing small, saute over medium heat and add water whenever they are about to scorch and then finish with a little butter. They are close, but not quite in-n-out

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
What's the trick to their grilled onions? I have been able to get close by dicing small, saute over medium heat and add water whenever they are about to scorch and then finish with a little butter. They are close, but not quite in-n-out

Might just be your choice of onion itself. There is no magic to the cook or prep of them, just diced small and cooked down over quite some time, certainly can't be rushed. They are cooked in their own trough, even back then, so no enhancement from meat juice or anything, just cooked and turned, cooked and turned. What I think you can't replicate is the "sesaoning" of tens of pounds of onions cooking in that trough through a lunch rush.

The actual seasoning on the burgers and fries is just an 80/20 salt pepper mix, nothing fancy at all.

Animal style consists of:
Burger patties fried in mustard
pickles between tomato and spread
extra spread on top of lettuce
grilled onions on burger

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Might just be your choice of onion itself. There is no magic to the cook or prep of them, just diced small and cooked down over quite some time, certainly can't be rushed. They are cooked in their own trough, even back then, so no enhancement from meat juice or anything, just cooked and turned, cooked and turned. What I think you can't replicate is the "sesaoning" of tens of pounds of onions cooking in that trough through a lunch rush.

The actual seasoning on the burgers and fries is just an 80/20 salt pepper mix, nothing fancy at all.

Animal style consists of:
Burger patties fried in mustard
pickles between tomato and spread
extra spread on top of lettuce
grilled onions on burger

We always do our burgers mustard fried at home.....in fact that's for dinner tonight.