WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New CDC mask guidelines set to be announced today.......is everyone ready to mask up?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
CDC is set to issue updated mask guidelines today. Word is they are solidifying the recommendation for anyone working or attending K-12 to mask 100% of the time (no surprise, as that's been a constant policy here in southern CA...), but the kicker is they will be recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors as well as unvaccinated "in areas of high covid transmission" - i.e, up to your local government and how they track data.

So - who here is strapping a mask on ? I'm fucking done with this shit.
If we don't stop this shit, we'll be in masks till the end of Biden's term at a minimum, and possibly our entire lives.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone DIDNT think this would be the outcome.

You are gonna have to wear masks until yore booster shot comes out. Then put them back on when the "Lambda" variant cases rise.

They told you the way out was the "vaccine". They were lying. Next they will tell you the only way out will be with the Vaccine Passport. Just give it 6-9 more months.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Such a bummer and really makes it tough for the schools, I can pretty well work around it for the rest of our activities.

We don't have a problem at our elementary school but it will be interesting to see how the middle schools in our area react. We have two years but if that is still a mandate we'll be looking at other options.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
CDC is set to issue updated mask guidelines today. Word is they are solidifying the recommendation for anyone working or attending K-12 to mask 100% of the time (no surprise, as that's been a constant policy here in southern CA...), but the kicker is they will be recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors as well as unvaccinated "in areas of high covid transmission" - i.e, up to your local government and how they track data.

If we don't stop this shit, we'll be in masks till the end of Biden's term at a minimum, and possibly our entire lives.
Agreed, nobody is asking why if the vaccine has a high rate of efficacy no the people who have taken it are worried about the ones who haven't. Also they won't address those who have had and recovered and choose not to get the vaccine.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Does anyone really listen to this bullshit anymore???

A month after they said 15 days to slow the spread they moved the goal posts and have been doing so ever since. It has nothing to do with safety/health.

It's 100% about control, and wealth transfer. Being saying this since day one.

Sheep.... smh...

Rondog4405

Reaction score
They can stick those masks in they're asses!! Who I really feal horrible about is the poor kids. Breathing through those useless things all day. I was really looking forward to my kids getting back to normalcy and socializing with other kids at school.. but ,that shit isn't happening now! F that!

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
It's going to take a ton of people to stand up and say enough is enough of this bullshit. There are so many clueless brainwashed idiots in this country that just roll over and accept whatever the media and corrupt gov shoves down their throats. Sheep.

The media claims LA County's hospitalizations are up over 50% from last week. 400 to just over 700 now out of 10 MILLION people? They fail to tell the actual number just the %.

Clearly their narrative is to push this shot on every American and they will not stop at anything. That in itself should be very alarming to most.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

A month after they said 15 days to slow the spread they moved the goal posts and have been doing so ever since. It has nothing to do with safety/health.

Sheep.... smh...

Unfortunately ALOT of people listen to this stuff whether they agree or not....

The problem is that employers listen to the CDC. Therefore, peoples livelihoods get involved and they comply out of necessity and fear of losing employment. That leverage keeps even those who disagree masked up from 9-5. And since they've already done that all day.....a quick trip to the supermarket for that milk your kid needs requires a mask, so "might as well".

azsunfun

Reaction score
They can stick those masks in they're asses!! Who I really feal horrible about is the poor kids. Breathing through those useless things all day. I was really looking forward to my kids getting back to normalcy and socializing with other kids at school.. but ,that shit isn't happening now! F that!
private school!!! if you allow your children to ingest this control into thier lives, masks, changes in history teachings, critical racist THEORY, sex ed in elementary schools, and so on its on the parents, shame on letting the brainwashing happen to our future.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
My wife is an RN, she refused to get this non-approved vaccine, and Newsome just announced that all healthcare workers will be required to get the shot. We're not sure what her next move is going to be, as she will not be getting it. Hopefully some lawyers step in and stop that BS so she doesn't have to quite a 30 year career, over some BS.

77charger

Reaction score
Not a surprise I knew mask were here to stay. Government will say there just good at preventing sickness and liberals will just say it’s not a big deal. Fuck them mouth muzzles glad I don’t work full time where I’m required to wear one.

DWC

Reaction score
I’ll wear one at work because I’d like to keep getting paid. It’ll be interesting to see what decisions the states have in this. I’m guessing it won’t be the same for everyone because that would be f’g stupid. ;)
Talked to my direct boss yesterday. He gave the green light to get out of Ca. We’ll see how it goes with the local honcho.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
private school!!! if you allow your children to ingest this control into thier lives, masks, changes in history teachings, critical racist THEORY, sex ed in elementary schools, and so on its on the parents, shame on letting the brainwashing happen to our future.
Agree, but I believe they will try to push these rules just like they have pushed other vaccination requirements on private schools. We definitely won't be supporting it and if we have to go full homeschool because of it so be it.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Sheep.... smh...

This...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I don't think it will affect our trip.

Might depend on if Vegas is currently trending upward or surging with infections

The CDC's ruling will say "vaccinated recommended to wear masks indoors in areas of high transmission" - so that leaves it up to local city / county government to determine how to enforce based on their numbers, and how they report (or skew.....) them.

Good luck!

HCP3

Reaction score
Well this is fucked. Was really looking forward to Vegas this weekend and not having to deal with this mask bullshit.

Since the beginning, I have never worn one so won't change now.

Check with your hotel for their policy, but there are currently no mask mandates in Vegas right now.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Check with your hotel for their policy, but there are currently no mask mandates in Vegas right now.
Hotel employees have to wear them not the guest at this point

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
CDC guidelines haven't changed yet......announcement coming today

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I saw two people yesterday, IN THERE CARS, masked up.

No way I understand that. 🙄

A very close friend is going through breast cancer treatments. My wife is one of her chauffeurs to and from the chemo sessions. Our friends wears an N95 and my wife wears a regular mask in the car. COVID is no joke if your immune system is knocked in the dirt.

So try not to judge too much.

But yeah, the solo masked people seem a bit off.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A very close friend is going through breast cancer treatments. My wife is one of her chauffeurs to and from the chemo sessions. Our friends wears an N95 and my wife wears a regular mask in the car. COVID is no joke if your immune system is knocked in the dirt.

So try not to judge too much.

But yeah, the solo masked people seem a bit off.

I can understand that. These were people alone in there cars with the windows rolled up. I can't understand that.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I can understand that. These were people alone in there cars with the windows rolled up. I can't understand that.

Ok, the way I read it was two people in one car, you meant two solor drivers... LOL...

Reading if funda'mental....

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I saw two people yesterday, IN THERE CARS, masked up.

No way I understand that. 🙄
The batshit crazy bitch across the street comes out to water her “lawn” in a parka with hood on, ski goggles, mask, gloves, long pants and rubber rain boots every day…when it’s 80+ degrees outside.

Some people are just fucking stupid.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

I've thought about that and the only reason I can think of is if it's company policy and they will get in trouble if they are not wearing a mask, even when driving solo.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I've thought about that and the only reason I can think of is if it's company policy and they will get in trouble if they are not wearing a mask, even when driving solo.

Those never look like the people I want delivering my food.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Fda approval of Pfizer is happening. My wife's hospital already said they will mandate the vaccine just like they mandate the flu shot. Anti vaxxers will always be antivaxxers.

Hammer

Reaction score
Wife and I will be leaving California if they require this of our kids. She is a teacher as well. She defiantly will not wear a mask nor will she get the vaccine. We have a family member that had COVID, recovered, and then got the vaccine due to her employer requiring it to work. She has had ongoing health issues ever sine she received the 1st shot that now effects her daily life and the drs don't know what is wrong or how to fix it.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If this new mask mandate includes entertainers and musicians performing in Las Vegas, the impact will be extremely significant for that town.

azsunfun

Reaction score
Fda approval of Pfizer is happening. My wife's hospital already said they will mandate the vaccine just like they mandate the flu shot. Anti vaxxers will always be antivaxxers.
how can they mandate the pfizer substance when it is not a vaccine by definition? wheres the ambulance chasers on this?

RodnJen

Reaction score

The short answer to the OP, yes I'll be wearing a mask when, where and how I am supposed to. I ride public transit often, it is required. It is not required in my work space but I wear it when moving about the building. My wife is in healthcare, they require it. She is in close contact for extended periods with patients. She will likely be wearing one for the rest of her career.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
For now it's home school.. and private is on the agenda. There ls no way I'm putting them through masks all.day and listening to that new curriculum bullshit they are spewing.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

My daughter does DoorDash when she has the time. I'll have to ask her about that.

Makes sense. 👍

gqchris

Reaction score

My daughter was masked up in a private school all last school year. And they will be again this year Im sure. No way around that unfortunately.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
For now it's home school.. and private is on the agenda. There ls no way I'm putting them through masks all.day and listening to that new curriculum bullshit they are spewing.

My bro in law did this. Home school and Boy Scouts for the social aspect.

One kid is now graduating flight school and the other just graduated high school. The younger one has become one hell of a good welder. Also tears down jet skis and parts em out. Not sure exactly where he is headed, but both kids turned out great. 👍

Singleton

Reaction score
We are F’d. I hate the mask idea and still have unaddressed questions on the shot.

Just released - The DOJ Office of Legal Counsel says the law concerning emergency use authorizations (EUAs) "does not prohibit public or private entities from imposing vaccine requirements, even when the only vaccines available are those authorized under EUAs."

I always said I would get the shot once it impacted my job, looks like that will occur sooner then I was thinking

azsunfun

Reaction score
My daughter was masked up in a private school all last school year. And they will be again this year Im sure. No way around that unfortunately.
sorry you have no say in your childs life! sad.

propcheck

Reaction score
My wife is an RN, she refused to get this non-approved vaccine, and Newsome just announced that all healthcare workers will be required to get the shot. We're not sure what her next move is going to be, as she will not be getting it. Hopefully some lawyers step in and stop that BS so she doesn't have to quite a 30 year career, over some BS.
Has your wife noticed how all the unions are in alignment with the politicians and not the people they represent? Nurses, teachers, government workers. Is she asking herself what they are doing with her money to protect her? Total BS a crossed the board