WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ashfork Az Schools Started, but...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wife is a teacher here in Prescott Valley. Last year's PTA president was full mask-Nazi, and can't wait to get her 6yo vaxxed...she's a gem. Well, she posted that Ashfork schools have canceled in person already... :mad:
Ashfork people don't tend to be the public school types as a whole, but their school board still may have pissed off some "interesting" folks.

AEA, the pseudo union bullshit in AZ, are calling a meeting...about safety concerns I'm sure. I have one kid that was looking forward to the wrestling team...got screwed last year. Only reason he's in public schools is the athletic end of it up here.

School "starts" Monday for our area. Futures!

Wife usually spends about a week of her own time during the summer getting her room decked out. This year, she went in Tuesday, a day before she was to start "work". She told me it's hard to do this, knowing that you have no clue what the school year will look like. She was right.

Unbeknownst to her, I've looked into subdividing our lot. Quartering it so to speak. Looked into putting up a used double wide, a "second home" for permitting. A home based "day care" is easier to do, than a "pre-school". I don't want to go into huge debt though...but desperate times call for desperate measures...

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Unbeknownst to her, I've looked into subdividing our lot. Quartering it so to speak. Looked into putting up a used double wide, a "second home" for permitting. A home based "day care" is easier to do, than a "pre-school". I don't want to go into huge debt though...but desperate times call for desperate measures...

Labor of Love. 👍

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Labor of Love. 👍
The labor portion I'm good with...work is work, and I'm able to do quite a bit. I have some buddies that can do trenching and dirt work, for utilities, septic and such. Blood and sweat I have...dollars I may be a bit short on. The thought process started last year when the idiots in charge started this. Around election time, started making some calls. Been looking at used mobiles for a few months now. After I looked at the regulations, a portable classroom or office setup was going to be more difficult...

The other option, wait it out for a few more months. If the economy dips again, more materials can be attained with less money. Things like wiring, plumbing and lumber are artificially high up here right now. Even fencing material is insane.

retaocleg

Reaction score
what is the well sitation in ashfork?......heard it is rocky and deep, with most places water haul only.........whay say you?.......i love the area, and wife works for a surveyor for northern az

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
The labor portion I'm good with...work is work, and I'm able to do quite a bit. I have some buddies that can do trenching and dirt work, for utilities, septic and such. Blood and sweat I have...dollars I may be a bit short on. The thought process started last year when the idiots in charge started this. Around election time, started making some calls. Been looking at used mobiles for a few months now. After I looked at the regulations, a portable classroom or office setup was going to be more difficult...

The other option, wait it out for a few more months. If the economy dips again, more materials can be attained with less money. Things like wiring, plumbing and lumber are artificially high up here right now. Even fencing material is insane.

Can you raise funds via GoFundMe or some other site?

It's a resonating push throughout the nation and I know you'd get funds from here. Post progress pics and I'd keep helping fund it, as would others IMO.

The downside would be the commies coming after you with their regulation BS I'm guessing. Not sure about all that, but you could turn it into Monkey's Shooting Range, where we put the Ash in Ashland. 😝

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
what is the well sitation in ashfork?......heard it is rocky and deep, with most places water haul only.........whay say you?.......i love the area, and wife works for a surveyor for northern az
Haul water is easiest. Deep wells take deep pockets. I'd talk with a drilling outfit in the area and see what plots had a better chance at water. A lot of folks up there build "trick tanks", basically cistern setups to catch rain for supplement. Depends on how civilized you want to live. It's pretty, and some healthy elk!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Can you raise funds via GoFundMe or some other site?

It's a resonating push throughout the nation and I know you'd get funds from here. Post progress pics and I'd keep helping fund it, as would others IMO.

The downside would be the commies coming after you with their regulation BS I'm guessing. Not sure about all that, but you could turn it into Monkey's Shooting Range, where we put the Ash in Ashland. 😝
Never been one to ask for help or handouts, probably won't start now. Regulations for a home based daycare are different than private schools...below the radar. It will just happen to be a teaching type, not babysitting ;)

retaocleg

Reaction score
Haul water is easiest. Deep wells take deep pockets. I'd talk with a drilling outfit in the area and see what plots had a better chance at water. A lot of folks up there build "trick tanks", basically cistern setups to catch rain for supplement. Depends on how civilized you want to live. It's pretty, and some healthy elk!
my wife pulls up the wells in the area on her computer, depths, permits, everything.....i think it is public too

we talked about water harvest, even used the calculators for roof size, but problem is not how much rain you get, but time in between rains which just means more gallon storage.........might become your neighbor soon, i'll def hit you up about the ins and outs of ashfork🙋‍♂️👍

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

Look in to Prenda for schooling. My neighbor in havasu has been doing this for the last year and the kids love it.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
my wife pulls up the wells in the area on her computer, depths, permits, everything.....i think it is public too

we talked about water harvest, even used the calculators for roof size, but problem is not how much rain you get, but time in between rains which just means more gallon storage.........might become your neighbor soon, i'll def hit you up about the ins and outs of ashfork🙋‍♂️👍

In-laws built off of Hyde Park. They opted to not drill a well and trucked in the water for year from the pump station a little in from their property and near the train tracks. They lived in the area for a few decades until the FIL could not be alone because of health.

My heart goes out to those that have young families and have to deal with what the system is doing to their kids. Keep you heads up!!!