WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rik at Arneson Drives

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the insight and pictures. I wasn't there. I've seen a few of those pics

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I was in the poker run when the accident happened 15 years ago. I wasn't with the fast boats at the start so I didn't see anything as it happened, but I still remember the sick feeling in my stomach when we came up on all of the boats from the accident.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Aside from some serious boat damage, was anyone killed? Those pics are scary as hell, especially when you realize how massive those boats are. Run up the back of one and your bow is near 30ft in the air...maybe more.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Just some clarification as to what caused the failure.
It wasn't the clevis. The studs that mounted the starboard drive to the transom broke and the entire drive came off, being held onto the other drive by the tie-bar that did not fail. He dragged the starboard drive that came off by the tie-bar that stayed connected to the port drive that stayed bolted to the transom.
RD, I understand you asking if its all outta of our system. The fact is Rik busted into 1 of your forums outta nowhere to lie about what happened 15 years ago trying to still cover his ass. I wasn't there. Dale is a great friend of mine & a wonderful human being. I cannot & will not allow anyone attempt to lie about what happened back then or now.
There were enough people there that day who truly know what happened & a lot of them frequent this site.

Duramax

Reaction score
It wasn't the clevis. The studs that mounted the starboard drive to the transom broke and the entire drive came off, being held onto the other drive by the tie-bar that did not fail. He dragged the starboard drive that came off by the tie-bar that stayed connected to the port drive that stayed bolted to the transom.
RD, I understand you asking if its all outta of our system. The fact is Rik busted into 1 of your forums outta nowhere to lie about what happened 15 years ago trying to still cover his ass. I wasn't there. Dale is a great friend of mine & a wonderful human being. I cannot & will not allow anyone attempt to lie about what happened back then or now.
There were enough people there that day who truly know what happened & a lot of them frequent this site.
If you look closely at the one picture, you can see the drive up in the air being held on by the tie bar, which in turn made the boat take a hard right into other boats. I don't see any sand bars..

Aside from that accident, that whole day was a cluster fuck of drama, mayhem, and more accidents.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Odd how the big skater is pictured running over a boat and then the next picture it’s threading the needle between 2 boats that are not even on plane.
Guess he wasn’t looking ahead.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
I dont have a dog in this fight and was not there...but that comment by Rik that Dale ran aground and ripped the drives off is absolute horseshit. Anybody that knows Dale is probably aware that he grew up on those waters and knows them like the back of his hand. To come into a thread about an unrelated accident where somebody lost their life and start a pissing match really highlights the character of @Rik .

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Odd how the big skater is pictured running over a boat and then the next picture it’s threading the needle between 2 boats that are not even on plane.
Guess he wasn’t looking ahead.
There was a lot of bad stuff that happened that day. Boats running over each other. one of the boats left the scene after running over another boat.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
There was a lot of bad stuff that happened that day. Boats running over each other. one of the boats left the scene after running over another boat.
Somebody didn’t have insurance or was drinking.... No other reason to run.

HCP3

Reaction score
If you Google search "Rik at Arneson" this thread is the third result. The fourth result is his fallout at OSO. The first two results are his website, and his LinkedIn. PR nightmare.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
If you Google search "Rik at Arneson" this thread is the third result. The fourth result is his fallout at OSO. The first two results are his website, and his LinkedIn. PR nightmare.

But it doesn't have to be...

@Rik has the chance to clear his name publicly.

The silence speaks volumes! Anyone thinking of buying from Rik @ Arneson should spend some time reading!

Duramax

Reaction score
Left the scene because his boat was sinking, correct?

Reactions: DWC

Boatmaster

Reaction score
This pretty much sums it up in a nut shell. I did see the frame by frame photos the day of the crash also and Rob just nailed it.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Thats crazy never seen this pic. Thats Greg Riveras Skater. I was on that boat a year prior I thibk at Big Cat. Him and Lisa are great peeps. Nicest guy in the world and everyone at big cat was so welcoming also.
Did you not read the post directly above yours? He ain't a good guy. He nearly killed a few of my friends and fled the scene.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
left the scene, went directly to a bar and knocked a couple back.... couldn't prove he was drinking at the time of the accident. Chicken shit almost killed my buddy Ken who is now no longer with us (RIP)
I think I got all this wrong, I apologize. I was referring to the red/white Nortech that got hit by Prototype taking on water and heading back to the ramp. I did not know the Skater that ran over the Jaguar left the scene also? Is this who you were speaking of, the Skater? @GRADS those pics are insane and a miracle nobody died in that boat.

stoker2001

Reaction score
Aside from some serious boat damage, was anyone killed? Those pics are scary as hell, especially when you realize how massive those boats are. Run up the back of one and your bow is near 30ft in the air...maybe more.
no dog in this fight,i was in area that day 15 years ago waiting/spectating at Antioch bridge.When I didn't see my good friend Dale in Skater and Doug/Ken in the Jaguar drive through, I had my suspisions it was all bad!My good friend (at time)Mr Koeler was the worst injured with back injuries.He was back seat passenger in Robs DCB with Mr DCB Dave Hemmingsway (spell) driving!Its unfortunate everyone was following to close at serious speeds and the chain of collisions..Lost lots of respect for Koeler because of the lawsuit on this event and another lawsuit involving an STV he was driving and crashed cause of steering failure and I got depositioned on that👎

gqchris

Reaction score
Did you not read the post directly above yours? He ain't a good guy. He nearly killed a few of my friends and fled the scene.
Hey Grads, is this the Boat that almost killed your friends??????

Skater.jpg