WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid paranoid or??

SR

Cajun Member
Reaction score
The best prevention from getting Covid is "Prevention" something that is really never discussed on the fear channels. I don't know the vitamins to be taking exactly, my wife does that part, but I know that zinc is a big one, vitamins C and D, and melatonin at night, I think I take about 4 others though. The information is out there on what is the best to take. We have a natural pathic Dr. friend who gave us the formula, and she's really good.

The human body is amazing, and when given the correct doses of vitamins, it can be even more effective.
1628106882161.png

Lumpy

Reaction score
Roy passing this last weekend has really thrown me for a loop. I habe always been concerned about getting the virus, but like most just wash hands regularly and don’t go licking door knobs..

However I am supposed to leave for LOTO here in two weeks, and I’m doing the math on this.. I don’t know if I will catch covid or not there.. but I know a 100% with 100’s of thousands of people coming from all over there is a 100% chance I’m gonna get exposed to it.

I’m just not sure it’s worth risking my life to goto a boating event.

On the inverse side though I can’t help but wonder if you couldn’t just as easily lick it up from a gas pump or a shopping cart.. it’s spreading around Havasu like wild fire right now.

I already have commitments towardsa house we rented snd it’s gonna get paid whether we go or not.. which is 2-3k. Total trip all in if we got would be 10-15.. (towing the boat out this year and flying everyone else in)..

Would you go? I am kinda leaning towards not going..

Based on how ya feel...get the shot and go on your trip.
I'm no Doctor but I did have covid and have chosen to never get the shot...I have the antibodies...you on the other hand do not. 1st shot two weeks before will set
your immune system off on a journey of antibody production that will in essence give your immune system a head start if exposed. Vaccinated or naturally vaccinated (recovered from covid) can STILL get covid but your body will be armed with a response instead of taking weeks to develop it naturally which can result in death. As you know the survival rate is 99.97%. The mocking bird media is trying to scare the hell out of everyone...dont live in fear...just know the facts!
PMC7749639
immune-t-cells-may-offer-lasting-protection-against-covid-19

76sanger

Reaction score
I would go and enjoy yourself. I've had the CV twice now. I got a great doctor that believes in other ways of healing and not the vaccine. I have taken hydroxychloroquine twice now and two days later feeling good, third day great. I dont put my life on hold for nothing. But you pretty much need a conservative doctor that will prescribe it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd go. You are around PLENTY of people with possible exposure every day. Might as well have fun while being potentially exposed.

I'm 98% sure everybody will get the Rona at some point in their life. Most likely wont even notice it. It will end up being just another strain of the common flu once all the hysteria subsides.

Dude.. ask KAP, ask Andy ask sever regulars on this board.. this is not the flu.. KAP had to inject lava into his ass because he thought he was Gonna die. He’s in better shape than anyone on this board. Same as Andy. This ain’t the flu.. it’s kinda irritating that people keep saying that when people are dropping like flies

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not against it, I'm just not for it.. Some of the side affects that I have seen online and as well people that I know personally scare me as much as the virus..

If you haven't seen the shakes deal where it looks like these people have a bad case of Parkinson's.. Let me assure you that's absolutely real and happening to a lot of people across the nation (I know at least 2). The blood clot deal is in fact killing some, because I know a couple that happened to as well. In terms of numbers I know some people that died of covid, I know some people that are fucked up by the vaccine, and a couple that died from the blood clots... So I'm pretty even on fucked up from the virus and fucked up from the vaccine..

Like I said awhile back there doesn't seem to be a lot of good choices with regard to this, other than limit exposure and hide in the house.. which isn't gonna bode well for RDP or our Real Estate biz so that's not really an option either... Factor in the kids goto school which might as well be a Petri dish..

I just don't know that if Desert Storm was next week that I'd go injecting myself into the middle of the street fair.. I'd probably pay staff to do it at this point and be somewhere to see some members, but not in the middle of the crowd, but not shaking hands, slapping ass and kissing babies like I usually do.. LOL

RD

Dave, this go round is actually LESS deadly that it was the first time around. I understand why you are questioning it due to what has happened, but I don't understand why you'd change your decisions now. If you are that worried, get the shot.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'm no Doctor but I did have covid and have chosen to never get the shot...I have the antibodies...you on the other hand do not. 1st shot two weeks before will set
your immune system off on a journey of antibody production that will in essence give your immune system a head start if exposed. Vaccinated or naturally vaccinated (recovered from covid) can STILL get covid but your body will be armed with a response instead of taking weeks to develop it naturally which can result in death. As you know the survival rate is 99.97%. The mocking bird media is trying to scare the hell out of everyone...dont live in fear...just know the facts!
PMC7749639
Dave, I'm with Lumpy on how I look at your question. Even if you got just one shot it'd benefit you prior to the trip. NOTE: after my first Moderna shot I experienced aches and tiredness for 5 days so best to jump on it if doing this option due to timing. Science indicating we'll all get new virus by the end of spread. The vacine simply reduces risks of death and minimises symptoms. Sorry to learn about our recent rdp death.... looked like he was in age and health catagory who could have benefitted from vaccination.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Dave, this go round is actually LESS deadly that it was the first time around. I understand why you are questioning it due to what has happened, but I don't understand why you'd change your decisions now. If you are that worried, get the shot.
Its actually more deadly. Didnt you read the chart? Dont you know how to math? LIKE FLIES!!!!!!!!

I would talk to your doctor Dave. I wouldn't take any medical advice from anyone here on RDP lol.
How dare you belittle members wifes that are nurses or working on their phds.

• Angry
Reactions: BTR

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The best prevention from getting Covid is "Prevention" something that is really never discussed on the fear channels. I don't know the vitamins to be taking exactly, my wife does that part, but I know that zinc is a big one, vitamins C and D, and melatonin at night, I think I take about 4 others though. The information is out there on what is the best to take. We have a natural pathic Dr. friend who gave us the formula, and she's really good.

The human body is amazing, and when given the correct doses of vitamins, it can be even more effective.
Lots and lots of oregano oil. I work six days a week, work out six days a week, about 5 hours of sleep a night. People ask how I never get sick. It’s oregano oil everyday.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Lots and lots of oregano oil. I work six days a week, work out six days a week, about 5 hours of sleep a night. People ask how I never get sick. It’s oregano oil everyday.

Oh yeah, I think we're some sort of form of that too, LOL. It sounds familiar.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
PMC7749639

Well I'm gonna tell ya flat the survival rate isn't that... Because I know multiple people that have died, or in the stages of literally dying right now. I think it's more like 5 in 100 die according to real world experience.. not 3 in 100,000.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well I'm gonna tell ya flat the survival rate isn't that... Because I know multiple people that have died, or in the stages of literally dying right now. I think it's more like 5 in 100 die according to real world experience.. not 3 in 100,000.

If this had a 5% death rate there would be bodies stacked up everywhere. If you are that worried and truly believe the virus kills 5%, go get the shot. The real death rate is about 1%, it hasn’t changed, and is dropping.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
“Stop drinking, stop smoking, eat a salad, and exercise.” - RD’s Dr.

Strangely I think it's the drinkin and smoking that has prevented me from getting this shit..

Our Christmas party turned out to be a super spreader event. From what @Ziggy says virus has a hard time attaching to lungs of smokers.. German health officials have said alcohol kills it, so if your drinking when exposed it's harder to catch.. LOL

Out of all the shit, I think I fit some slippery criteria right now that allowed me to wiggle through the infected without the virus noticing. That said I'm not gonna keep doing that, without some sorta plan,.

RD

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
A young lady just lost her life in a tragic boating accident. Are you going to stop boating?

I'm headed to Bonneville tomorrow for speed week. There will be a lot of people there from all over the country. I will be camping at The Bend In The Road which is wide open desert. When walking the pits, I'll be keeping a fair distance from others which is something I do most of the time anyway. Won't be getting close and personal with anyone other than my girlfriend. I will have an N95 mask with me but probably won't wear it unless I decide to go to a confined crowded space or render aid to a known infected patient. In the case of the latter, I'll wear medic gloves, the mask and eye protection as our normal EMS protocol. I have treated and transported numerous positive patients during this thing and have not contracted it.

I would go on your trip and take sensible precautions (I would drive rather than fly) and enjoy yourself. You could just as easily contract it locally in Havasu in your day to day activities.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Dude.. ask KAP, ask Andy ask sever regulars on this board.. this is not the flu.. KAP had to inject lava into his ass because he thought he was Gonna die. He’s in better shape than anyone on this board. Same as Andy. This ain’t the flu.. it’s kinda irritating that people keep saying that when people are dropping like flies

Sounds like with this post you have answered your own question that this thread is about!!

And actually it is the flu, same virus that causes it. CV19 is just a mutated strain. Have you never known any one that has died from "the flu" or "pneumonia"? I have. And you say "people are dropping like flies", where? Roy was a small percentage of the outcome. May he RIP.

I had it back in march, felt like shit for a few days, stand up dizzy as hell, didnt eat, ect.. as far as can remember it was pretty much like having the flu(hadn't been sick with a flu or cold for probably 10-15yrs prior)!

You came here asking for opinions then get pissy when they are given. Like I said in the first paragraph, sounds like you have answered your own question. So maybe you are just looking for support to make you feel ok with your decision 🤷🏻‍♂️

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If this had a 5% death rate there would be bodies stacked up everywhere. If you are that worried and truly believe the virus kills 5%, go get the shot. The real death rate is about 1%, it hasn’t changed, and is dropping.

5% of the people catching it.. not 5% of the population as a whole. I know 1,000's of people.. Right now I know probably 20-30 with covid as of right now. A guy I know Paul puts on the local poker games.. He's not doing well.

By that math it's even worse than the 100.. add in Roy who had no underlying conditions (to my knowledge)... Carey had health problems previously.

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm not saying it is. I am saying it will end up being such. Its natural for viruses to lose lethality as they develop. I.e. this delta strain. Quickly killing hosts doesn't do much to help the viruses life span and continued proliferation.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
5% of the people catching it.. not 5% of the population as a whole. I know 1,000's of people.. Right now I know probably 20-30 with covid as of right now. A guy I know Paul puts on the local poker games.. He's not doing well.

By that math it's even worse than the 100.. add in Roy who had no underlying conditions (to my knowledge)... Carey had health problems previously.

RD

Dave, I’m talking about people that are getting it. The mortality rate of the virus is around 1% and slightly falling over time.

At the end of the day it does not matter how healthy the people appear, it comes down to if they have comorbidates, and those significantly increase the risks.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Wait so vax'd or not? A previous post said the opposite. The worst part of covid is it's hard to get a straight answer lol

Yes that most everyone that is in the hospital where my employee is at now had been vax’d. My employee was not though

My wife just got tested today cause she was feeling like crap, big Neg. the guy testing her said that positive results are up and majority had been vax’d too.

this is first hand knowledge, so is the media and WH pushing fear? Cause every time you have a headache or sore throat you start to freak. Not denying that it’s not serious but why some can die and other not. Even healthy people are dying.

I will admit that im so confused with this and why the push to be vax’d and the fear mongering. Really makes you not want to trust anyone. Makes you wonder if there is an alternative motive that no one has caught on yet. Then and again I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but what is going on with the virus and the push to get vax’d makes you start thinking.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Strangely I think it's the drinkin and smoking that has prevented me from getting this shit..

Our Christmas party turned out to be a super spreader event. From what @Ziggy says virus has a hard time attaching to lungs of smokers.. German health officials have said alcohol kills it, so if your drinking when exposed it's harder to catch.. LOL

Out of all the shit, I think I fit some slippery criteria right now that allowed me to wiggle through the infected without the virus noticing. That said I'm not gonna keep doing that, without some sorta plan,.

RD
I'll be damned..... Ziggy said that eh..... was wondering how I slipped through... and I've been embracing ALL my vices during Covid. ;) ;)

Joker

Reaction score
Dave, I’m talking about people that are getting it. The mortality rate of the virus is around 1% and slightly falling over time.

At the end of the day it does not matter how healthy the people appear, it comes down to if they have comorbidates, and those significantly increase the risks.

Biden has got a new follower. One by one, he's catching these guys in a trap.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes that most everyone that is in the hospital where my employee is at now had been vax’d. My employee was not though

My wife just got tested today cause she was feeling like crap, big Neg. the guy testing her said that positive results are up and majority had been vax’d too.

this is first hand knowledge, so is the media and WH pushing fear? Cause every time you have a headache or sore throat you start to freak. Not denying that it’s not serious but why some can die and other not. Even healthy people are dying.

I will admit that im so confused with this and why the push to be vax’d and the fear mongering. Really makes you not want to trust anyone. Makes you wonder if there is an alternative motive that no one has caught on yet. Then and again I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but what is going on with the virus and the push to get vax’d makes you start thinking.

Exactly how I feel.. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to who gets it, who dies from it, etc..

I probably wouldn't be opposed to getting the vaccine, except the push is so hard.. it makes me wonder what the real motive is behind it?

RD

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'd talk it over with the Mrs first of all . . . you know, the happy wife / happy life deal.
I wouldn't be so much concerned about the 'trip / travel' itself, more of the multiple crowded face-to-face party areas.
I hate crowded places and avoid them at all costs, so I'm cool with that aspect. But I don't think that's your jam, since you're the 'Grand-Poo-Bah' of sorts.
Can you pull-off the trip and duck-out of the 'gatherings' ? . . . or is that a no-way ???
You know your own health/ immune system better than anyone . . . follow that vibe.
If you do decide to go, can you & the family enjoy yourselves, or would you be sketched-out ?

I reluctantly got vax'd for only 3 reasons . . . #1 my Pops being 89 leaned on Me to get it, and it's just he and I, no other family . . . . #2 I have no health insurance and am basically a broke-ass, so I couldn't afford a hospital stay if I got taken down . . . and #3 I have no kids and have never been married . . . like my asshole 'so-called' friend told me the other day, "You're just living to die dude". What a dick thing to say ! LOL

Make the decision as a family first. Then go to LOTO and have fun 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd talk it over with the Mrs first of all . . . you know, the happy wife / happy life deal.
I wouldn't be so much concerned about the 'trip / travel' itself, more of the multiple crowded face-to-face party areas.
I hate crowded places and avoid them at all costs, so I'm cool with that aspect. But I don't think that's your jam, since you're the 'Grand-Poo-Bah' of sorts.
Can you pull-off the trip and duck-out of the 'gatherings' ? . . . or is that a no-way ???
You know your own health/ immune system better than anyone . . . follow that vibe.
If you do decide to go, can you & the family enjoy yourselves, or would you be sketched-out ?

I reluctantly got vax'd for only 3 reasons . . . #1 my Pops being 89 leaned on Me to get it, and it's just he and I, no other family . . . . #2 I have no health insurance and am basically a broke-ass, so I couldn't afford a hospital stay if I got taken down . . . and #3 I have no kids and have never been married . . . like my asshole 'so-called' friend told me the other day, "You're just living to die dude". What a dick thing to say ! LOL

Make the decision as a family first. Then go to LOTO and have fun 👍

If we go there is zero chance that we aren't going to the street fair / PBC parties etc... That's half the reason of going.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It will burn the fuck out of you so be careful. I take 3 drops in a capsule but that will mess most people up

JD D05

Reaction score

RD

Fuck ya I'm golden.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel.. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to who gets it, who dies from it, etc..

I probably wouldn't be opposed to getting the vaccine, except the push is so hard.. it makes me wonder what the real motive is behind it?

RD
Take this with a grain of salt.

this came 2nd hand to me by a close employee. That high ranking officials and people in the others in government take a different vax. This came from a son of a guy who is somewhat of a jack ryan. Travels the world with high racking officials. Ie Peolsi, Harris and visits other country’s high ranking people.

the gov can’t push the military to get it cause it’s not FDA approved. So why the push to civilians? Unions are not pushed either.

so again what gives? Makes you become a theorist.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Maybe ask @Andy B. 😆. Sorry just injecting a little humor into the conversation.

Actually Andy hooked me up with a doctor in Phoenix who prescribes Hydroxychloroquine on the down-low. Got the whole underground pharmaceutical on the speak easy. You know - First rule of fight club stuff.

Anyway, go with your gut and don’t let any fear mongering take you away from your passions and life. Hell you may get ran over by the ice cream truck before catching covid. Live.

Keep in mind generations were wiped out by the Spanish flu in America, yet life went on until it didn’t. Go have fun, wash your hands, don’t touch your face and try to avoid large crowds whether you are vaccinated or not.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
If you can't trust your doctor to help you then you need a new doctor. Secondly sit down and do your own research and make your own decision. Since you have kids you need to play it safe for their sake.