WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Car Wash

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Private investment doesn’t happen unless you dance with the devil. It requires zoning and approval at the local level.

As stated above...Much of my career has been spent dong these types of projects, I can assure you I understand how to get them done.

LHC needs it, the leadership has to see it...

PaPaG

Reaction score
Worst thing great communities did in some areas was create low income or controlled housing. Look at Incline Village in Tahoe, once was an amazing place to live, high end everything, safest streets and neighborhoods day and night...then the powers that be Washoe County admin decided it is smart to have controlled housing so the people working did not have to drive or take the bus up to Tahoe from Carson City or Reno 30 minutes to work (what most in Cali, Southern NV, or any Major City would love if that is short time they had to drive to get to work).... all of a sudden there was people hanging out in the street drinking, playing music, groups of 3-4-5 loitering with kids as little as 3-6 playing by the street with no one watching out for them...we were going to buy a house in Incline, really nice area then we saw so many actual, potential and upcoming issues with controlled income housing in the area and what it had done so far we said screw it..for 50 years people drove up from Carson City and Reno or took the bus to work and everything was just fine then the powers that be decided they know better and started to screw up the once was super quiet and nice town, I have many friends that live there now and are planning on moving to other parts of the lake because of the newest crowds of people that have moved in causing all the issues. Unavoidable now...Havi is a little different, not many areas for folks to live to commute in to work and due to the unreal housing price increases I guess you guys are going to have to create what ends up destroying neighborhoods in the end...progress HUH...I rather have no progress and keep small towns small and not import crap.... JMO ...

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
You guys crack me up, Maybe Look at the situation with an Open Mind? My shop deals with Cartoyz on a daily basis as we wash all of our clients vehicle's after we service them, its a car wash, with employee shortage problems that they are working through like the rest of us. Now on the other hand if the poor front girl told the customer it would be only 45 minutes, but then God forbid it took 1 hour plus to do, these people will come unglued and rant on the internet about the terrible service they received –

At my shop I have stopped ALL Clients from Waiting for their Oil Changes, we tell our clients its a 2 hour 'minimum' window and we will call them when we are done with their vehicle, you wouldn't believe how many people would sit in our waiting room and disrupt normal business, then bitch about how long it takes or the tech is not on their vehicle or ???? - Then use the internet as a weapon stating how poorly they were treated, I'm sorry I can't let you stand under your vehicle on the rack talking to my tech as he's working, no I can't let you sit in the waiting room, bitching to other clients about how long you think you've been there (especially when we gave you the time frame upfront before we started) On the other hand we offer No Charge Loaner Vehicle's / No Charge Rides To Home/Work / We will even pick up and deliver in town at No Extra Charge – None of that matters they want their oil change, full vehicle inspection and vehicle wash in 20 minutes, That's not happening!!

In a small town we really have to protect our employee's, I just closed my shop for a week so everyone could have time off, clients are pissed, I'm sorry we are short handed as it is, if we let peeps take a vacation we would be super short handed and everyone would burnout really fast, that would take place for 5 weeks in a row, 118 outside and burnt employees, talk about client services dropping off – All employees came back to work (huge plus in my mind) all had a smile and seem to be refreshed, you guys in your big towns that can just hire the next body moving through need to really think before putting people and businesses down in a small town - “You're Only As Good As Your Worst Employee!”

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
You guys crack me up, Maybe Look at the situation with an Open Mind? My shop deals with Cartoyz on a daily basis as we wash all of our clients vehicle's after we service them, its a car wash, with employee shortage problems that they are working through like the rest of us. Now on the other hand if the poor front girl told the customer it would be only 45 minutes, but then God forbid it took 1 hour plus to do, these people will come unglued and rant on the internet about the terrible service they received –

At my shop I have stopped ALL Clients from Waiting for their Oil Changes, we tell our clients its a 2 hour 'minimum' window and we will call them when we are done with their vehicle, you wouldn't believe how many people would sit in our waiting room and disrupt normal business, then bitch about how long it takes or the tech is not on their vehicle or ???? - Then use the internet as a weapon stating how poorly they were treated, I'm sorry I can't let you stand under your vehicle on the rack talking to my tech as he's working, no I can't let you sit in the waiting room, bitching to other clients about how long you think you've been there (especially when we gave you the time frame upfront before we started) On the other hand we offer No Charge Loaner Vehicle's / No Charge Rides To Home/Work / We will even pick up and deliver in town at No Extra Charge – None of that matters they want their oil change, full vehicle inspection and vehicle wash in 20 minutes, That's not happening!!

In a small town we really have to protect our employee's, I just closed my shop for a week so everyone could have time off, clients are pissed, I'm sorry we are short handed as it is, if we let peeps take a vacation we would be super short handed and everyone would burnout really fast, that would take place for 5 weeks in a row, 118 outside and burnt employees, talk about client services dropping off – All employees came back to work (huge plus in my mind) all had a smile and seem to be refreshed, you guys in your big towns that can just hire the next body moving through need to really think before putting people and businesses down in a small town - “You're Only As Good As Your Worst Employee!”
Lol ! I had a shop for over 26 years , I hate people waiting !

petie6464

Reaction score
You in Havasu must be blind. The amount of small multi unit complexes that have been built and that are under construction is insane. These are $1,200/month range housing.

Now maybe the city could help open up an ass lube factory and pay them well to rent these places?

Reactions: DWC

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I opened the doors in Havasu April 1 1996 - It Used To Be Fun, Now It's Almost Too Much!

Obvious you have had a successful Business, 25 years awesome. Try to hang in, Pandemic will end.Seems right now never ending but it will end. Keep going at least another year. 25 years in business is a success for sure. :)

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
Obvious you have had a successful Business, 25 years awesome. Try to hang in, Pandemic will end.Seems right now never ending but it will end. Keep going at least another year. 25 years in business is a success for sure. :)
Thanks!! I'm not going anywhere - Just a tired of all the BS at all levels of life at the moment, plus getting older doesn't help! I use to get up at 4:30 in the summer go skiing, then open the shop at 8 work until 5 or 6 and still do home projects, then age creeped in, I can still work on the shop floor for a day or two, but I need recovery time after that, so I'm dependent on todays work force to make life go around, yes I have some awesome employees but they are getting older everyday and the outlook for youngers ones is getting really scares..........

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
No one wash their own car? I do one or both every Sunday night. It is the closest thing to meditation that I do.
View attachment 1035911
Honestly, my car looks like absolute dog shit. After being a car dealer for 4+ decades the stress of always having to keep my shit ultra clean burned me out.
I've been through CarToyz wash plenty of times but I get the $6-7 wash then drive down the highway to dry thoroughly.
Interiors I do keep pretty clean, don't keep anything in it or leave it trashy.

D19

Reaction score
I used to wash my cars, but I'd rather save my energy/time to do something more enjoyable or productive. Now I drop the car/truck off at the car wash then walk into the gym next door while someone else washes it.

petie6464

Reaction score
I gave up trying to understand all this because it's insane and insane thing's have no logic.

The stores that are open act like you're bothering them when you walk in to spend money, the others claim they can't get employees and the ones that have employees claim they are all morons and cost more than they make the company.

Been saying this for years and obviously correct; The way to survive and flourish is through automaton, not obviously a fix or even a complete answer for many business types but certainly will continue to be more and more a necessity in even these business as the only way to survive as the workforce continues to decline as more and more morons emerge from society.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If you will pick up and deliver in town, please let me know the name of the business so I can get on that program.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You in Havasu must be blind. The amount of small multi unit complexes that have been built and that are under construction is insane. These are $1,200/month range housing.

Now maybe the city could help open up an ass lube factory and pay them well to rent these places?

I'm not in the market to rent something entry level, so I'm not looking... but are you claiming there's new construction housing for 1200.00 a month? Because I don't think that's the case.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
I'm not in the market to rent something entry level, so I'm not looking... but are you claiming there's new construction housing for 1200.00 a month? Because I don't think that's the case.

RD

4 available on Zillow rent with a max of $1,500 a month. All are existing homes/apartments.

$700 is the low and $1,500 is the high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I wash my own cars but when my son is older I’ll just make him do it!

petie6464

Reaction score

RD

There's a bunch on the south side and many going up now, from what I see 500 ish. SF.

$1,200 was the number albeit that was several months ago. I'd LTK. what they are renting for now?

All the bull shit hype on tiny housing is working great for developers, the media has really help convince people living in a tiny box is cool when in fact it sucks.

hallett21

Reaction score
There's a bunch on the south side and many going up now, from what I see 500 ish. SF.

$1,200 was the number albeit that was several months ago. I'd LTK. what they are renting for now?

All the bull shit hype on tiny housing is working great for developers, the media has really help convince people living in a tiny box is cool when in fact it sucks.

I’d rather live in a tiny box with a small yard than a sketchy apartment.

Quick math says $15 an hour would gross $31,200 a year.

I think AZ income tax is 3-4%?

$26,208 after taxes. Rule of thumb used to be 25% of income towards rent ($546) but from what I just looked at on Zillow $1k is more realistic.

$1k of rent leaves $296 a week for living.

Sooooo..... make $700 a week doing nothing (unemployment) or go bust your ass for less.

At $20 an hour it shifts but then is the effort worth the squeeze for a few extra bucks?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
4 available on Zillow rent with a max of $1,500 a month. All are existing homes/apartments.

$700 is the low and $1,500 is the high.

new construction?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I hate those things.. I can’t even believe people are buying them like crazy.

Taboma

Reaction score
When I left home at 18 during the 60's, I was just starting my electrical apprenticeship. I couldn't have afforded to rent an apartment or house, so I shared the space and rent with one or two roommates. By combining our $$ for food and rent, we were able to afford to enjoy a few recreational luxuries, like boating for one. I didn't get my own place until I'd gotten married.
Don't younger people beginning their working careers do likewise ?

What amazed me today from my old guy perspective is how many of my neighbor's kids, over 20 years old are still living at home. I'm also amazed how a few older kids, like damn near 50 are BACK at home and have brought their teen kids to granny's with them.

DWC

Reaction score
More expensive than i thought.
9171A823-F380-481B-8CDF-B8FBA6D9840D.jpeg
BBA34B92-751E-46EA-A4B6-0DBC84571DD3.jpeg

petie6464

Reaction score

We can agree on that.

I visit job sites in Vegas often, Vegas has and is stretching right down to the state line on I-15 with some unbelievably huge apartment complexes. Several under construction currently, each with over 2,000 units. Not condos, not for sale just for rent, they say these man bun liberals don't want to be homeowners, why would they that's the American dream and they want nothing to do with it.

hallett21

Reaction score
Here’s a 1/1 to purchase new in havasu

Edit:

And if you’re budget was up to 300k here’s what Zillow shows for homes on a lot. I can see why a first time home buyer with no construction skills/connections would take the tiny home.

@RiverDave why has Havasu not adopted Redfin?

petie6464

Reaction score
Here’s a 1/1 to purchase new in havasu

Edit:

And if you’re budget was up to 300k here’s what Zillow shows for homes on a lot. I can see why a first time home buyer with no construction skills/connections would take the tiny home.

Yeah better jump on it. .

Screenshot_20210810-151241_Zillow.jpg

petie6464

Reaction score
This guy's building them all over town. Most are being sold as units and people buy then. No thanks!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Calls for low income housing on RDP and not from our token Libs. :oops: Did i miss something?
I see $$..and I invest where I can make money. Several people here seem to not grasp the difference between workforce housing and low income housing. Thats fine..leaves money for the rest of us. One of the 2 doesn't depend on the .gov.

RD
It doesn't exist. Went on the lake today, got back to the house and signed another investment contract not 20 min ago on what I have cooking...the demand is there.

If anyone doesn't think there is a WORKFORCE housing shortage here they are either blind or delusional.

DWC

Reaction score
I see $$..and I invest where I can make money. Several people here seem to not grasp the difference between workforce housing and low income housing. Thats fine..leaves money for the rest of us. One of the 2 doesn't depend on the .gov.
Is the difference the size, type or gov involvement? Is workforce housing apartments or smaller, cheaper homes?
Is the money in building the property or managing it after?

hallett21

Reaction score
Seems like there are better deals in town. Even with current pricing. It’s new but pretty damn small.

View attachment 1036316

Being of the generation of tiny homes (millennial [emoji16]) I can see the attraction.

3% down and that brand new “home” cost $1,500 a month. Requires nothing other than for me to bring my belongings.

Assuming as a buyer you don’t have any connections or ability to perform a remodel. A lot of the older better deals I’m seeing are a nightmare waiting to happen. A re pipe, re wire, new roof and new HVAC unit could cost 20-30k real fast. Most people buying something for 250k don’t have that kind of disposable income.

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Is the difference the size, type or gov involvement? Is workforce housing apartments or smaller, cheaper homes?
Is the money in building the property or managing it after?
multiple aspects... ill go into it via pm later. MaK wants pool time and im about to jump in on dad duty lol.

its both on the money side...depends on your strategy.

TCHB

Reaction score
Lots of nice new places going in Lake Las Vegas
DE644308-5A61-4D13-9EA0-71118A8B1D11.jpeg
97784839-A539-42F1-A168-8555464D616E.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

It doesn't exist. Went on the lake today, got back to the house and signed another investment contract not 20 min ago on what I have cooking...the demand is there.

If anyone doesn't think there is a WORKFORCE housing shortage here they are either blind or delusional.

This X 1000. I'm not a developer by trade but I see it, and have been saying it for 4 years.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Seems like there are better deals in town. Even with current pricing. It’s new but pretty damn small.

View attachment 1036316

I don't know why anyone would buy one of those in Havasu to be honest. I get the draw in that it is new and lower risk, but with those prices you are better off waiting for a deal on a small 2/2 SFR

hallett21

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would buy one of those in Havasu to be honest. I get the draw in that it is new and lower risk, but with those prices you are better off waiting for a deal on a small 2/2 SFR

Agreed on waiting for a deal. But as of today all I see are homes that need 25k in the bank at the ready.

Not to mention @OldSchoolBoats @Tamalewagon @Wendi could probably get a W2 at $18 an hour qualified on the tiny home.

petie6464

Reaction score

A lot has to do with younger buyers inabilities, they have zero trade skills so any and all repairs would need to be paid for, the cost let alone the incompetence, thats something even a crusty crab like me wouldn't want to face.

Even a quick paint job could send a wannabe man bun home owner to the ER.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
A lot has to do with younger buyers inabilities, they have zero trade skills so any and all repairs would need to be paid for, the cost let alone the incompetence, thats something even a crusty crab like me wouldn't want to face.

Quite a wide brush you paint with.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Some are idiots, not all of them are.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Quite a wide brush you paint with.

You must be knew.

Everything about Havasu sucks, there is no good food, no good businesses, incompetence in dealing with people at every turn, yet he chooses to live there for decades and blames Californians for bringing the town all its problems, when the only reason the tow exists is because of Californians. :)

TBulger

Reaction score
Just love the Car Toys car wash. Yes, little slow for what ever reason, but improving steadily. The people are really nice and IMHO do a great job, but as previously stated takes time.

hallett21

Reaction score
@petie6464 if you were a 30 year old buyer in havasu making $22 an hour. What would you buy or rent?

Has to be currently available or at least sold in the last 90 days if buying.

traquer

Reaction score
When I left home at 18 during the 60's, I was just starting my electrical apprenticeship. I couldn't have afforded to rent an apartment or house, so I shared the space and rent with one or two roommates. By combining our $$ for food and rent, we were able to afford to enjoy a few recreational luxuries, like boating for one. I didn't get my own place until I'd gotten married.
Don't younger people beginning their working careers do likewise ?

What amazed me today from my old guy perspective is how many of my neighbor's kids, over 20 years old are still living at home. I'm also amazed how a few older kids, like damn near 50 are BACK at home and have brought their teen kids to granny's with them.

Sign of the times I guess, Nana provides daycare for free etc.

But on the other hand, kids never moved out till 20s/30s in most parts of the world since there was not enough money to be made, US was very blessed the last 50 years with good paying jobs for everyone but that's not the case anymore. If you're not skilled or hard working, you ain't buying your first house at 21.

petie6464

Reaction score
You must be knew.

Everything about Havasu sucks, there is no good food, no good businesses, incompetence in dealing with people at every turn, yet he chooses to live there for decades and blames Californians for bringing the town all its problems, when the only reason the tow exists is because of Californians. :)

This town doesn't exist because of Californians, it's actually what's making it a shit hole like California. That narrative was played out years ago and is complete bull shit. The only thing Californians bring here is their states problems.