WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Since desert season is coming up

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Seems the most common dance move is the nose dive.
I am impressed by the cage integrity on them though...thank goodness.

2Driver

Reaction score
Minute 8:41-8:48 is my footage that John Tuba purchased for Bragging Rights 4

He did a dedicated short YouTube on it called Mr Wilson’s Wild Ride.

Ive posted this before but, it is my buddy snapping a still of me getting the above footage.

Attachments

• JRD_00851.jpg
    JRD_00851.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Some of those kickers are vicious! Some definite bell ringers.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Expensive mistakes!!
Hit a step up at about 80mph in glamis
Barrel rolled in the air a few times landed on right rear then cart wheel rolled a few times before ending upon its side.
Full body and paint 50k
Motor 26k
Chassis repairs 20k
Walking away w bumps n bruises and my kids not saying he died doing what he loves, priceless
8498273E-74B0-424A-BE96-E689BA70B63E.jpeg
6F1473B7-9721-42AF-B77E-37EDD4A8403E.jpeg
54CD8675-16D8-4568-966E-247F7AFEC8E6.jpeg
133F3F43-ED66-4C10-B000-98799051560C.jpeg

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Expensive mistakes!!
Barrel rolled in the air a few times landed on right rear then cart wheel rolled a few times before ending upon its side.
Full body and paint 50k
Motor 26k
Chassis repairs 20k
Walking away w bumps n bruises and my kids not saying he died doing what he loves, priceless
View attachment 1036810 View attachment 1036811 View attachment 1036812 View attachment 1036813

You are my hero!!! You drive everything you own hard AF #fullsend. Parts can be replaced but you can’t, glad everyone was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickym20

Reaction score
Expensive mistakes!!
Full body and paint 50k
Motor 26k
Chassis repairs 20k
View attachment 1036810 View attachment 1036811 View attachment 1036812 View attachment 1036813
Wow ,Glad only minor injuries on that one. Seen you ripping in the dunes before. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

DLC

Reaction score
Don’t go to light on the cage!

you don’t want your kids says he died doing what he loved …..

beautiful car!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Are you putting there prerunner front end on the new one? I’ve owned three SU Sandpro2’s, great cars.
Yes all sand pros built now have the wider arms.
This will technically be my 3rd SU, first new build with everything done how I want instead of chasing fixes or makin it mine
It’s car #1. A Hybrid ultralight and sand pro 2. Similar to an alumicraft 2 seat sandcar

Don’t go to light on the cage!

you don’t want your kids says he died doing what he loved …..

beautiful car!

No worries there, car is stout. Shorter wheel base and narrower frame.

Reactions: DLC

69hondo

Reaction score
Expensive mistakes!!
Full body and paint 50k
Motor 26k
Chassis repairs 20k

MAn that is a wild one. Glad you came out with only minor injuries. Scary shit. We broke a spindle in a big bowl behind olds and went over a few times. Me my wife and one of our daughters walked away with a few cuts and bumps. Where my thighs hit the dash it took like two months for them to not be sore anymore. These cars definitely do what they are supposed to do when shit goes sideways.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
MAn that is a wild one. Glad you came out with only minor injuries. Scary shit. We broke a spindle in a big bowl behind olds and went over a few times. Me my wife and one of our daughters walked away with a few cuts and bumps. Where my thighs hit the dash it took like two months for them to not be sore anymore. These cars definitely do what they are supposed to do when shit goes sideways.
For sure!! Thankfully you and family made it out ok. We’ve been involved with helping peeps in really bad crashes coordinating air lifts and getting cars out etc... for sure no fun

I was vertical 40 plus feet and was well over 100ft out before coming back to earth. Kept looking at sky spinning thinking well this is it, and then fuck my sons back at camp who’s gonna tell him your dad got air lifted or didn’t make it. It seemed like for ever before first impact. Then violent cartwheel rolls while still barrel rolling. Each impact thought this is good night time. Nope
Came to a stop. Crawled out of side and said I won right?
Was racing a shit talker buddy in the flats at olds, heading towards sand highway.
Was near 120mph, came off throttle to no brakes, like nothing at all, no turning brakes, nothing. Sequential won’t down shift to lower gears if speed to high. Was in 5th wide open. I got into 4th and trying to slam it down to 3rd, nope to late. 10ft or so step up was coming up fast. Last ditch effort was turn right into the dunes. All weekend sand was shit from rains, anywhere else it would have hooked and turned. But noooooo I found the one spot with sugar sand hooked wheel right it just pitched the car 30deg and kept going straight ahead right up the step up. The rest is history

Jax redline was there with helicopter shoot in a trophy truck, many other peeps shooting video. But everyone stopped filming at end of race cameras all go towards ground or off. Then boom, I could of been youtube famous, y’all missed the money shot, suckaaaaas 😂
Lots of pics got posted online and I got them all taken down or deleted because of liabilities and peeps knowing who worked on it last etc. I didn’t want any public judgment going down until we all knew what happened and why
Peeps involved stepped up and went above and beyond making it right fixing that car.

Last edited:

69hondo

Reaction score
For sure!! Thank fully you and family made it out ok. We’ve been involved with helping peeps in really bad crashes coordinating air lifts and getting cars out etc... for sure no fun

I was vertical 40 plus feet and was well over 100ft out before coming back to earth. Kept looking at sky spinning thinking well this is it, and then fuck my sons back at camp who’s gonna tell him your dad got air lifted or didn’t make it. It seemed like for ever before first impact. Then violent cartwheel rolls while still barrel rolling. Each impact thought this is good night time. Nope
Came to a stop. Crawled out of side and said I won right?
Was racing a shit talker buddy in the flats at olds, heading towards sand highway.
Was near 120mph, came off throttle to no brakes, like nothing at all, no turning brakes, nothing. Sequential won’t down shift to lower gears if speed to high. Was in 5th wide open. I got into 4th and trying to slam it down to 3rd, nope to late. 10ft or so step up was coming up fast. Last ditch effort was turn right into the dunes. All weekend sand was shit from rains, anywhere else it would have hooked and turned. But noooooo I found the one spot with sugar sand hooked wheel right it just pitched the car 30deg and kept going straight ahead right up the step up. The rest is history

Jax redline was there with helicopter shoot in a trophy truck, many other peeps shooting video. But everyone stopped filming at end of race cameras all go towards ground or off. Then boom, I could of been youtube famous, y’all missed the money shot, suckaaaaas 😂
Lots of pics got posted online and I got them all taken down or deleted because of liabilities and peeps knowing who worked on it last etc. I didn’t want any public judgment going down until we all knew what happened and why
Peeps involved stepped up and went above and beyond making it right fixing that car.

Wow, that is wild. Its always a shit talker that gets you into trouble. :p 😆
Man you must of worked hard to get the pictures under control. In todays day and age that shit is everywhere before you are even out the dunes.
Dude no brakes at all! Can I ask what the issue was there? Did you have any brake trouble before that?
That's cool the persons took responsibility and helped put it back together.
You definitely came out winning walking away from that.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Wow, that is wild. Its always a shit talker that gets you into trouble. :p 😆
Man you must of worked hard to get the pictures under control. In todays day and age that shit is everywhere before you are even out the dunes.
Dude no brakes at all! Can I ask what the issue was there? Did you have any brake trouble before that?
That's cool the persons took responsibility and helped put it back together.
You definitely came out winning walking away from that.
Combination of issues. First and biggest issue was the loose nut behind the steering wheel. Lol
Biggest cause, spindle/hub torque was not correct. Causing catastrophic failure. Under semi normal use the wobble of the wheels the caliper would over power the wobble and stop the car. I could feel something wasn’t right. But it was already getting dropped back off on way home. At High speed the force of wobble was so strong it forced calipers wide open. I ran the drags the day before, but never knew because at end of drags come off throttle not stomp brakes. Had someone pulled out at drags in front of me, could have been an entire other outcome
Other stuff wasn’t right, But to pin point did that happen before or after crash. Did it contribute to cause or suffer after the impacts, who knows. I just know it wasn’t driver error that was the cause. Well other then getting behind the wheel and saying let’s run em. 😂

Him and crew are personal friends and remain as such. I wouldn’t hesitate to have them work on my cars again. And yes pics we’re getting posted while I was still getting out of car. While my son was still at camp and not knowing anything. With the help of many people, got all deleted and or asked to hold off posting. It all worked out in the end.

69hondo

Reaction score
RIght on, I kind of know what you are talking about with the wobble. My Micro stub was going out causing slop in the rear hub bearing. the longer I drove it without hitting the brakes the less pedal I had and eventually would have to pump it up to get the caliper pistons to come back out.

LOL the picture thing & social media is crazy. A few minutes after ours I was getting texts first from my mom asking if we were ok and what happened. I was like we are ok but how the hell do you know already!