WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mouth opening on a Thursday?

tx-19

Reaction score
Is it shallow on Thursdays?heading up tomorrow and was gonna run up river around noon.I know the lower river where we boat usually on a Thursday is super low

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Is it shallow on Thursdays?heading up tomorrow and was gonna run up river around noon.I know the lower river where we boat usually on a Thursday is super low
There's no pattern to the days. For some reason they have dropped the water level in the past few days to apox. 447.5, had been pushing 448.5.+ for the last few weeks, Still able to go North just a little more dicey. Not sure what the next few days will bring, check Bureau of Reclamation, lower river operations.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Water seemed pretty high last Thursday. Went up in a 28 foot V bottom on plane. Came back down river pushing a rope…

not on plane:rolleyes:
No problems either way.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought this thread was gonna be about something completely different?

I come to expect the unexpected.

To the OP if you take the crazy zig zag path you will be fine any day / any time. Easiest way is head towards the CA side and aim for the channel buoy by the grass reed island. Then cut across 30 yards off the island in the dark channel. When turning left into channel expect traffic the other direction. The blind corner everyone references.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Oh c'mon! You can't start a river navigation with thread with that title. I'm all hot and bothered now.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’d say you’ll be alright. I’m always ok with a 3+ as long as the Parker release is at least 1 unit lower. Remember these times are at Davis and at Parker, so account for 2.5 hours at the mouth as i typically figure 1.5 for Needles and seems to be pretty damned close.

AB179313-4DF3-44DC-9D80-3293BF984C64.png

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
I haven’t seen the Thursday draw downs in Parker affect Havasu much.

HBCraig

Reaction score
There's no pattern to the days. For some reason they have dropped the water level in the past few days to apox. 447.5, had been pushing 448.5.+ for the last few weeks, Still able to go North just a little more dicey. Not sure what the next few days will bring, check Bureau of Reclamation, lower river operations.
Yep. Have been here since Monday. Water is going down

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Water has been much lower in the last 2 weeks than has since say March. I’m near Needles and it had been running high for a long time. About 2 weeks ago its started be feet lower with lots of exposed shoreline. Expect it to be lower than usual but you should still be able to make it up river.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
River is dryyyyyyyy right now don’t try going north today, or at least wait till later. We just turned around at needles headed home. 😡