WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Caption this

beerrun

Reaction score
20210814_105700.jpg

HST4ME

Reaction score
20210727_154203.jpg

This was the gas station around the corner from the shop/launch pre covid/pedophile.

rrrr

Reaction score
Looks busy. 🤔

The weeds growing through the driveway joints are revealing. 😁

The price of regular unleaded in my county is holding steady at $2.79. Dunno how long that will last.

Did you all see that Biden had the State Department send a message to OPEC begging them to pump more oil to keep the price of gas down? Our governor made a statement saying Texas can supply all the oil the US needs if Biden would just get out of the way.

You just can't make this shit up. The guy is a fucking tool and an idiot.

Biden blames OPEC for inflation instead of reckless spending as approval on economy plummets

Because higher oil prices are boosting inflation and undermining Biden's approval ratings, the White House is trying to bully OPEC producers into pumping more oil, even as they do their level best to squash domestic output. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan criticized the leading oil-producing nations, saying their production was "simply not enough."

Rather than working with the industry to boost production, the Biden administration is apparently planning to impose new rules that will curb oil U.S. output, like limiting federal leases in key areas, increasing the royalties that producers must pay and hiking costly bonding requirements. These changes will only give OPEC more clout and drive prices higher.

Here's another suggestion for Biden: How about reining in your administration's utterly reckless spending, which will clearly spur higher prices?

Inflation is not limited to higher gasoline prices, though the 41 percent increase from last year is certainly hurting consumers. Overall consumer prices increased 5.4 percent in July compared to the year before, the same rate as in June and the highest 12-month rate since 2008.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

Prices went up a bit since June!
That's in Bridgeport, Ca if I'm not mistaken... Turn off to go to twin lakes and mono. I took a similar picture, this was in June!
View attachment 1037720

To be fair, if you plan so poorly as to need to buy fuel in some little po-dunk nowhere place like Bridgeport, you should pay those prices with a smile. I'm surprised they don't charge more.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
That was that gas station off the 40 at the Goff’s/Amboy exit. Wife had to make a “pit stop”. This guys prices are crazy on everything he has. Place was actually pretty busy.

Naja's place.
She has a nice river front house across from Big Bend in Bullhead. The all rock place, probably 3 or 4 lots together.

Dan'l

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
To be fair, if you plan so poorly as to need to buy fuel in some little po-dunk nowhere place like Bridgeport, you should pay those prices with a smile. I'm surprised they don't charge more.
wtf... turns out we didn't plan poorly, we just stop there for a bag of ice before we make the turnoff to go to Twin Lakes... simply took the picture for shock value...

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
wtf... turns out we didn't plan poorly, we just stop there for a bag of ice before we make the turnoff to go to Twin Lakes... simply took the picture for shock value...
Didn’t say you did…unless you bought gas with yore ice.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
If it were a few more dollars per gallon higher…… then it could be the gas station nearest the rental car return in Orlando. However, that place only puts the ridiculous prices on the pump, so that unsuspecting vacationers don’t figure it out. I must admit…… I fell for it!

Also….. it’s not against the law to do this because it is not considered price gouging if those are the prices, year round.

If the pic in this thread is the typical price for gas in Cali……. MOVE! That’s ridiculous! It’s almost half that in Florida. Even on the water!

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
If it were a few more dollars per gallon higher…… then it could be the gas station nearest the rental car return in Orlando. However, that place only puts the ridiculous prices on the pump, so that unsuspecting vacationers don’t figure it out. I must admit…… I fell for it!

Also….. it’s not against the law to do this because it is not considered price gouging if those are the prices, year round.

If the pic in this thread is the typical price for gas in Cali……. MOVE! That’s ridiculous! It’s almost half that in Florida. Even on the water!

Yeah, but we have a "Special summer blend" that you cant get anywhere else.