WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Classless Assholes Today

HBCraig

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Dog hater Dude. My dogs are on a leash, unless at home. Period. Dogs are a helluve lot more worthwhile than a Shitty GF.

With yer attitude, you'd do well to behave, and to mind yer manners. Dogs are excellent judges of Character.

They all do what they're told, and are better behaved than many children. They guard the Fuck out of my house, inside and out. 1st line of defense.

The 2 big ones are rescued from Tweaker horror. Had to steal one back, after MFKrs broke into the house and killed the mother of the other 2. Went straight to Lubbock, laid in wait,, and got my dog back.. Went to SO, and laid bare my crime. "Your Dog." Karma.

They are all grateful AF.
My 3 legged Pom was thought to be unable to breed. I wasn't going to let him live his life in a Kennel. Yeah. he's a fearless Stud. Puppies in 2 months to prove it, with Baby Grace, the little black dog. Now we know.

Do I love my dog's? Hell yeah Brother.
I rescued my Golden as well. We are also a foster family for a golden retriever rescue. The horror stories are just plain sickening, especially the ones from Mexico.

hallett21

Reaction score
IMG_7391.JPG

View attachment 1038092

Menace to society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Hey look, I get it. I understand we live in a society full of “dudes” who can’t go anywhere without their “emotional support animals” or their “pronouns”
Wow, man. Way to dig your hole deeper.
I’ve met a couple of “dudes” now, multi tour Afghanistan Vets with “emotional support dogs”
Saw and did things no human should have to see or do. And they have to carry it around with them all day, every day.
So to be clear here, you’re talking shit on US military veterans as well as a dog hater.
Noted.

Perhaps the title of this thread hit a little too close to home for you🖕

Wedgy

Reaction score
I’ve met a couple of “dudes” now, multi tour Afghanistan Vets with “emotional support dogs”
Saw and did things no human should have to see or do. And they have to carry it around with them all day, every day.
So to be clear here, you’re talking shit on US military veterans as well as a dog hater.
Noted.

Semper Fi Afghanistan Veterans. We love you, and your sacrifice was not in vain, it is for all your Brother's in Arms. We appreciate all of you.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I’m sure my parents thought the same thing when my generation was blasting Ozzy and Metallica on Kraco 6x9’s with the power booster.

It’s seriously going to be ok. You will survive. As for dogs, I have two Aussies, they are super active, but I don’t take them to the channel or the sand bar. I’d rather enjoy my time instead of chasing them. I take them to the dog park 3/4 times a week and let them swim at home. I’d rather deal with them in a controlled environment.

To add to that, I want my dogs safe from other dogs that don’t play well with others. The dog park sorts out bully dogs. Pit bulls are great dogs, I’ve known plenty that I really enjoyed being around. If my dog jumps on a boat that has a pit bull protecting its family, then that’s on me. Hence the reason I don’t put them in that situation.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Packed along the springs beaches also... 20 ez ups.. 100 heads.. and idiots all over on seadoos with a death wish.. no fn clue what their doing on those things
Pretty much been the case non stop all over the lake since the free money and no rent or house payments started. Even during the week it’s stupid, I have zero tolerance for this crap, been on the lake once this year and live here.
Once the economy collapses all will return to some reasonable level. Until then cat stays in the garage and V Drive with motorhome at Needles Resort during the week.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish for doom and gloom, just the facts of the matter.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Because few people actually control their dogs. If I let my kids do what I’ve seen some of these unleashed dogs do in and around boats the RDP parenting police would come unglued. Some dog owners are fine, others are disrespectful dog owners. You don’t get a pass to disrupt all my shit and scratch up someone else’s boat because you are a dog owner.

Do I let my kid squirt your boat and throw mud at it? No. Then you shouldn’t let your dog sling mud and splash water on my boat.

I certainly don’t let my kids jump on or in anyone’s boat soaking wet, covered in sand or mud. How about letting my kids drag their sand covered hands all over the gel coat of my boat? No one lets their kids do that. If your dog does that type of shit because he is “excited” you should have also brought a leash.

This of course could not be anyone here, because everyone here always wears their life vests, uses their lanyards, never drinks a drop on the water, has their dog leashed 100% of the time, follows all boating etiquette and protocols per coast guard regulations, never speeds, never takes single women out for the day on their boats, never tows anything without an F550 and pays cash for everything.

I have 0 problems with calm/tame/sane dogs. If your dog does something crazy to my kids or my stuff, expect response from me.
Excuse me sir. But this fucking common sense is not appreciated around here.

hallett21

Reaction score
Alright I got one for you lol.

Grabbed a beach south of Topock and north of devils elbow. You could maybe fit 2 more boats. Well it’s just us with the boat anchored in 4ft of water with a stern line to the sand spike.

Dogs are running back and forth and we are enjoying our day. Until a husband and wife come on the beach and start gutting cat fish.

Beaches above and below us were 100% unoccupied but they had to pick ours I guess.

Oh and then had to make sure to tell us how much CA sucked and how it’s a shame we live there lol.

Edit: it’s a huge lake and not very hard to go find your oasis for the day. You just have to be willing to drive your boat for more than 20mins. I always thought that was half the adventure?

If you want to hang at the popular spots then you get the good with the bad.

Last edited:

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Please tell that to everyone you know, and add that the lake does not exist outside of the Channel, 3 Dunes, Steamboat cove, Copper Canyon, Pirates, and the Sandbar. :)

The only people I discuss the river with are people that have been going their whole lives. The problem with the river is the newbies. I never even take people that are not river people.

PlanB

Reaction score
Alright I got one for you lol.

Grabbed a beach south of Topock and north of devils elbow. You could maybe fit 2 more boats. Well it’s just us with the boat anchored in 4ft of water with a stern line to the sand spike.

Dogs are running back and forth and we are enjoying our day. Until a husband and wife come on the beach and start gutting cat fish.

Beaches above and below us were 100% unoccupied but they had to pick ours I guess.

Oh and then had to make sure to tell us how much CA sucked and how it’s a shame we live there lol.

Edit: it’s a huge lake and not very hard to go find your oasis for the day. You just have to be willing to drive your boat for more than 20mins. I always thought that was half the adventure?

If you want to hang at the popular spots then you get the good with the bad.

We were on a beach in the gorge in the fall with our dogs with nobody around. Dipshits in a canoe with a dog come floating down the river and headed right for the tiny little beach we were on. I grabbed the front of there canoe when they got close to beaching and pushed them back into the current. Told them to find their own beach. There are some idiots out there.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
We have three generations who have grown up at the river and around boating. I think the trick is to get people out there at an early age, and teach them the proper way to conduct themselves. We have the most polite, respectful kids and grandkids anyone could ask for. Any one of us, myself included, would drop what we are doing to help other boaters in need. That's the way it should be. We don't blast shitty music, we don't drag 5,000 pounds of ballast up and down the river, and yes, we keep our dogs on a leash. 🙄 Our kids haven't and don't dart out from the river's edge on Jet Skis, and we do our best to stay out of everyone else's way. You know, sharing the waterway that we all love and enjoy. We fish and ski early in the morning, and then enjoy the nonsense from the shore the rest of the day. It's easy. I dont know why people have to make something so fun and relaxing into a giant fucking ordeal. Leave the L.A. shit in L.A., and enjoy being free from that shithole! 😎

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I
I avoid the channel on Saturdays. Sunday afternoons after 3pm is the best or early week (Monday - Wednesday).

The music part - last time we had that issue the Havasu PD boat drove by 3 times, each time the music would get turned down or off as the PD boat passes. Finally PD parked by crazyhorse and walked over so the loud offending music boat could not see them. Music stopped, PD boat rolled over and took 1 guy away. Found out the boat next to us called the PD and reported the music and everyone cheered when the music was finally off!

The lack of respect is what kills me. As I get older I realize respect is no longer taught by some parents. Only see it, in those boat and dirt parents who grew up with it.
Actually the PD boat did go by not 30 feet away from the boat I mentioned. And kept going.
Geez, this went sideways. :p Also I was only there for a half an hour. We parked in the lot by the park
As I couldn’t get on the water I just stopped so the grandson could go for a swim. The humidity was too much so I left to check on a part at River Rat and check on one of my jobs.
As an aside, I picked up some oil at Havasu Power Sports and they had 1 jet ski for sale. Everything else had a sold sign on it.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but I'll take one or both of my dogs wherever the fuck I want. If we go to the river, our dogs go with us. If we go to the beach, we take them with us. They are part of our family, and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it. [emoji867][emoji16]

I also think you have a respect factor built into what you will and not let your animals do. I would venture to say they are sociable and calm. My golden is a sweetheart at all times but is not sociably learned. Just hasn’t been around a lot of people or dogs so she gets super excited. Wants to jump play to where it would be considered annoying. That said. I wouldn’t take her now to places where she would cause an issue. Probably more for me not having to worry about it then someone else being butthurt. I just wouldn’t. But that goes back to the respect factor that some just don’t have anymore.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I was in the channel this weekend and there was a group next to us that were hitting every boat that went by with water cannons, not a couple of boats, every single one that went by, they squirted a young girl right in the face and then laughed when the dad gave them the stink eye. The part I was most confused about is they were in two really nice Magic deck boats, I even had a pleasant conversation with one of the guys about the joys of owning a boat and keeping them clean as we were wiping down our boats, then 30min later his group is doing this…smh

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I’m sure my parents thought the same thing when my generation was blasting Ozzy and Metallica on Kraco 6x9’s with the power booster.

It’s seriously going to be ok. You will survive. As for dogs, I have two Aussies, they are super active, but I don’t take them to the channel or the sand bar. I’d rather enjoy my time instead of chasing them. I take them to the dog park 3/4 times a week and let them swim at home. I’d rather deal with them in a controlled environment.

To add to that, I want my dogs safe from other dogs that don’t play well with others. The dog park sorts out bully dogs. Pit bulls are great dogs, I’ve known plenty that I really enjoyed being around. If my dog jumps on a boat that has a pit bull protecting its family, then that’s on me. Hence the reason I don’t put them in that situation.

I was in the channel this weekend and there was a group next to us that were hitting every boat that went by with water cannons, not a couple of boats, every single one that went by, they squirted a young girl right in the face and then laughed when the dad gave them the stink eye. The part I was most confused about is they were in two really nice Magic deck boats, I even had a pleasant conversation with one of the guys about the joys of owning a boat and keeping them clean as we were wiping down our boats, then 30min later his group is doing this…smh

I won’t say my age but over retirement according the the US government. In my prime river days in the 70s if someone would have sprayed water on my blown hydro….that would have been considered fighting words.
I’m all for fun but one should use discretion when it comes to other folks stuff.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have now spent 2 work weeks in downtown LA. All of mankind has changed. Regardless of location or what they are doing.
I really believe we have seen the best humans can be. The hour glass has more weight on the bottom.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I have now spent 2 work weeks in downtown LA. All of mankind has changed. Regardless of location or what they are doing.
I really believe we have seen the best humans can be. The hour glass has more weight on the bottom.
Can't imagine. PTSD LA Style?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Uncontrolled dogs are just as bad as uncontrolled kids. My dogs stay home and guard the house...they didn't like water, so they seem to be okay with working instead. My kids like the water, and are pretty well behaved...they get to come out to the water.

The shitty music...no, not loud and in big groups. Classic rock or country...unless the beach is empty. Then Pantera or something loud!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Uncontrolled dogs are just as bad as uncontrolled kids. My dogs stay home and guard the house...they didn't like water, so they seem to be okay with working instead. My kids like the water, and are pretty well behaved...they get to come out to the water.

The shitty music...no, not loud and in big groups. Classic rock or country...unless the beach is empty. Then Pantera or something loud!
Pantera was a very loud concert. Lucky to see them at the Joint in Vegas. Yesterday Don’t Mean Shit is probably my favorite from them. You could almost lift a car after listening to that song. :p

HBCraig

Reaction score

Unfortunately these clowns will end up with a face full of Mad Dad. One of these Dads will be having a bad day and pull up on the beach to hand out a beating. I've seen it happen.

Backlash

Reaction score
Yeah, what an unhinged and out of control animal.

🙄

Our beautiful Golden, quietly playing with a little rock she found outside. 😁

154297.jpeg

Don't worry VooDooChild, she wont be anywhere near you. I'll make sure she is secured on a chain choker and a tight leash IF we ever take her out of the house again. 🤣

gqchris

Reaction score
I dont know how you dog folks deal with all the hair in your interiors. I have a couple friends that bring dogs, and the amount of hair every way would send me for a loop! Cars included!

DWC

Reaction score
I dont know how you dog folks deal with all the hair in your interiors. I have a couple friends that bring dogs, and the amount of hair every way would send me for a loop! Cars included!
Yeah, brought my jack russell on one trip…. Wasn’t worth the headache of watching him on the beach or the extra cleaning/wear and tear on the boat.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Get dogs that don't shed.....

People who bring their dogs to the river disturb me almost as much as raider nation.

You sound like the kind of person that dogs go ballistic around....dogs are pretty good judges of people...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Noted.

He's just a keyboard douche...guaranteed he'd never walk up to one of those vets and say it to their face.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
You dog people are funny. Lol

Not a dog person here but they don’t bother me either.

I have seen some dogs better behaved than some people‘s kids…….

You beat me to it.

I need a bumper sticker that says, "My dog is smarter than your honor student."

My dog is off leash, wears a training collar, and has never showed an ounce of aggression. Even barking for no reason, she gets an ear full from me (So it rarely happens). But she cares more about diving for rocks, chasing birds, and swimming than she does about other dogs and people.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
To the dog dislike’ers (haters is such an ugly word).

I get the anger, some people let their dogs run wild and don’t pick up after them. I have a favorite little beach I go to and usually end up picking up 10 piles of shit from someone else’s dogs. These are the same idiot people that leave trash all over the beach and pull up next to you playing “their” music.

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
The only people I discuss the river with are people that have been going their whole lives. The problem with the river is the newbies. I never even take people that are not river people.

This right here sums up 100% of the problem. Not bad dogs, stupid owners. If this statement offend you… you are the problem.

Because of newbies my boat is on the trailer at 9am on Saturday. My dogs, 1 of which has 0 tolerance for dogs who have ahole owners are in the house.

Ps: And keep your poorly raised kids away from me as I will “discipline” you for their behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score

Shop vac, shop vac, shop vac, detail, shop vac, shop vac

propcheck

Reaction score
There are people to handle that for you..... Detailers😂

Water Romper

Reaction score
Wow- a thread about Loud "thumpa thumpa" ghetto music played extremely loud turned into a dog haters/lovers thread. I think the common denominator here is people doing or having "stuff'" that encroaches on other people.
> Having music is fine, regardless the type BUT blaring it so loud that everyone is forced to hear it in a 200 yard radius is NOT fine.
> Having your pets in your boat and hanging around your "spot" having fun on the beach - that's fine, dogs running amuck, jumping in other boats, getting into other "camps" barking, crapping on the shore- not fine
> Your little darling kids are having fun in your boat and on your sand spot that's fine, start throwing rocks, shooting water cannons, littering everywhere- not fine.

So back to the music- If you hear music that's NOT to your liking, would you pull up next to them or toss an anchor near by? I would assume not (I wouldnt)
OK- Im playing my music and you like it, would you pull on shore next to me, toss the anchor- my guess is, Yes (I know I would)

So here is the million dollar question- does the "We were here first" so turn your crap music down even come in to play anymore? Would I have the "right" to tell Mr boater with the 10,000 watt stereo to turn down the offensive, foul, anti-bio-rhythm music even if we were "there first"?
Is music worth getting in a fight over? Tell you the truth, even if they were playing "my kind" of music THAT loud it would not be relaxing.

For me, we just move on and go else where, making sure the owner see's my displeasure, not that it matters and most likely, they "just wouldnt get it" anyway.

I remember several years back, we were in the channel, just like a million other boaters, chilling, have a cold one watching the shit show go by, it got to about 6pm, and a guy a boat or two over started playing reggae and some kind of steel drum music, was NOT overly loud, and just "set the tone". I said to myself, hell with this- I shut my music off and listened to his music for about another 3-4 hours. The evening was falling on a HOT summer day, and it was the perfect ending to an otherwise loud and crazy day on the river. The music was PERFECT!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Wow- a thread about Loud "thumpa thumpa" ghetto music played extremely loud turned into a dog haters/lovers thread. I think the common denominator here is people doing or having "stuff'" that encroaches on other people.
> Having music is fine, regardless the type BUT blaring it so loud that everyone is forced to hear it in a 200 yard radius is NOT fine.
> Having your pets in your boat and hanging around your "spot" having fun on the beach - that's fine, dogs running amuck, jumping in other boats, getting into other "camps" barking, crapping on the shore- not fine
> Your little darling kids are having fun in your boat and on your sand spot that's fine, start throwing rocks, shooting water cannons, littering everywhere- not fine.

So back to the music- If you hear music that's NOT to your liking, would you pull up next to them or toss an anchor near by? I would assume not (I wouldnt)
OK- Im playing my music and you like it, would you pull on shore next to me, toss the anchor- my guess is, Yes (I know I would)

So here is the million dollar question- does the "We were here first" so turn your crap music down even come in to play anymore? Would I have the "right" to tell Mr boater with the 10,000 watt stereo to turn down the offensive, foul, anti-bio-rhythm music even if we were "there first"?
Is music worth getting in a fight over? Tell you the truth, even if they were playing "my kind" of music THAT loud it would not be relaxing.

For me, we just move on and go else where, making sure the owner see's my displeasure, not that it matters and most likely, they "just wouldnt get it" anyway.

I remember several years back, we were in the channel, just like a million other boaters, chilling, have a cold one watching the shit show go by, it got to about 6pm, and a guy a boat or two over started playing reggae and some kind of steel drum music, was NOT overly loud, and just "set the tone". I said to myself, hell with this- I shut my music off and listened to his music for about another 3-4 hours. The evening was falling on a HOT summer day, and it was the perfect ending to an otherwise loud and crazy day on the river. The music was PERFECT!

Wow, some rational thought on this thread. Yea, dogs are fine if they are behaving themselves. Music is fine if it is at a realistic volume and content. I don't like rap but if its within reason I can manage like a big boy.... Most things are fine when managed, many things are fine when unmanaged.

I currently have the 14 month old dog that is being referred to as an AH by the breeder / trainer..... Yes the guy has his act together, the dog is just out on the spectrum and is "challenging". At this point, I would bring him to the water but I would not put him loose on a crowded beach. No way that would end well.

Reactions: DWC

ssc

Reaction score
Bottom line: Commen sense, common courtesy, common respect and common decency ain’t common.

A lack of responsibility, narcissistic, me me me entitlement behavior is common.

Cheers, Steve

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Boy were you guys right about the channel. As I am not there often and the Raider Nation, as they have been described in here were in full force. I was at the mouth of the channel in the swim area and this boat on the other side were cranking some extremely loud and clear rap music. Every other word clear as a bell was n- word this and motherfucker that. Tons of kids around. This isn’t a get off my lawn deal but it seemed very tasteless for the audience. If you going to blast you stuff to 11 at least not with such clear lyrics like that. Probably happens all the time.

Your right, the rap music has gotten completely out of hand.
What happened to playing some good old country music?