WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ehrenberg vs Rice Road

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Something not often mentioned in these threads: Ehrenberg is definitely easier if you are towing. Multiple hills and whoops on Rice.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ehrenberg Rd has much faster emergency response and arrival times. We're talking sometimes hours faster. A BFD when a family is spread out on the road.

Taboma

Reaction score
Not sure this thread is providing the best marketing reach for this route. 🤔 Perhaps if we all chip in we can get a billboard erected on I-10 just west of Desert Center ? 👍

OK, fess up, I know one of you owns a starving business in Ehrenberg, or are a mole for CRIT wanting to justify that multi-million dollar bridge over the dry wash. 🧐

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Not sure this thread is providing the best marketing reach for this route. [emoji848] Perhaps if we all chip in we can get a billboard erected on I-10 just west of Desert Center ? [emoji106]

OK, fess up, I know one of you owns a starving business in Ehrenberg, or are a mole for CRIT wanting to justify that multi-million dollar bridge over the dry wash. [emoji3166]

Lol no worries about the billboard, like I said above, I’ll just post it on the riverwhips site and raider nation will be along soon to your double secret private road…[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobldj

Reaction score
bottom line is dont be a passhole on either road,your ice cold zima is still waiting for you whenever the fuck you get there.dont take out some innocent other party driving down the road.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Not sure this thread is providing the best marketing reach for this route. 🤔 Perhaps if we all chip in we can get a billboard erected on I-10 just west of Desert Center ? 👍

OK, fess up, I know one of you owns a starving business in Ehrenberg, or are a mole for CRIT wanting to justify that multi-million dollar bridge over the dry wash. 🧐

That wash is actually Tyson wash from Quartsite. Have been stuck there many times with three plus feet of water and debris running over the road. Be careful in can be clear and sunny at the road, but a bad storm over Q-site can cause a dangerous mess.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Bunch of pussies in this thread!!!!
I’m not buying the emergency response time at all. I can do rice rd from the 10 to Parker in an hour sometimes faster. Therefore the response time should be similar assuming availability.
Erhenberg would be better because of Blythe, However rice isn’t that bad. Either way tell all of your friends of Erenberg as it makes rice that much better.

pussies!!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
I’m not buying the emergency response time at all. I can do rice rd from the 10 to Parker in an hour sometimes faster. Therefore the response time should be similar assuming availability.
Erhenberg would be better because of Blythe, However rice isn’t that bad. Either way tell all of your friends of Erenberg as it makes rice that much better.

pussies!!!
pussies? for taking a safer road. bit harsh

Taboma

Reaction score
Lol no worries about the billboard, like I said above, I’ll just post it on the riverwhips site and raider nation will be along soon to your double secret private road…[emoji23]

Nothing personal one bit, I'm old, wife and I are very close to saying Adios to Havasu anyway. Spoiled I suppose, that can happen over 26 years recreating on one place. What was once our heaven on earth, is now more increasingly an obligation of ownership. You know something's wrong when after several days you're thinking more about packing up and leaving, then gassing up the toys for another day on the water. Town's crowded, lake's crowded most days too as are the area trails in the winter.

So whatever Riverwhips is, or if you're a Raider's Nation fan, post up, having been retired for 10 years, I'm betting I can pick and choose my drive times to avoid the assholes you might be inclined to invite and you'll be living with them far longer than will I. 😁

I have noticed an increase of traffic, especially those towing on that road this past year. Although Havasu in general has been crowded, but for the longest time that new 76 station was a ghost station and now the place is packed every trip.

Drive Safe 👍

Taboma

Reaction score
That wash is actually Tyson wash from Quartsite. Have been stuck there many times with three plus feet of water and debris running over the road. Be careful in can be clear and sunny at the road, but a bad storm over Q-site can cause a dangerous mess.

I've never seen it that bad, but if I recall you drive it daily so of course would. Seems Rice road has a lot of washes as does 95 north from Vidal Junction, just thought it odd that this road got that much funding. We've got a large wash that creates an isolation problem where my ranch is. Same deal, can rain 30 miles away and then be several feet deep. Then Mohave county sends out a grader the next day, clears it and regrades the dirt road, two days later during the monsoon, it's Groundhog day again and here comes the grader again. You'd think they'd just put in a culvert or ???

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
pussies? for taking a safer road. bit harsh
No take whatever road you want. One isn’t safer than the other really. All of this I won’t take that road because of safety is bullshit. It just means your a crappy driver that’s all. Which is fine. Take the “safer” route. Guess still a crappy driver on that road too.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Nothing personal one bit, I'm old, wife and I are very close to saying Adios to Havasu anyway. Spoiled I suppose, that can happen over 26 years recreating on one place. What was once our heaven on earth, is now more increasingly an obligation of ownership. You know something's wrong when after several days you're thinking more about packing up and leaving, then gassing up the toys for another day on the water. Town's crowded, lake's crowded most days too as are the area trails in the winter.

So whatever Riverwhips is, or if you're a Raider's Nation fan, post up, having been retired for 10 years, I'm betting I can pick and choose my drive times to avoid the assholes you might be inclined to invite and you'll be living with them far longer than will I. [emoji16]

I have noticed an increase of traffic, especially those towing on that road this past year. Although Havasu in general has been crowded, but for the longest time that new 76 station was a ghost station and now the place is packed every trip.

Drive Safe [emoji106]

Lol I hear you man, I moved out of the big city to get away from traffic and assholes, now the traffic and assholes have found me and they keep building more houses…

riverroyal

Reaction score
No take whatever road you want. One isn’t safer than the other really. All of this I won’t take that road because of safety is bullshit. It just means your a crappy driver that’s all. Which is fine. Take the “safer” route. Guess still a crappy driver on that road too.
You eating gummies? Rice is less safe. Period.
so now boaters that take anything other than rice are pussies and crappy drivers
Noted
You should take ehrenberg, try it for a few trips. The stress level alone is better
10 still sucks.

now rice on ‘off’ hours is fine. No issues.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I got a handful or two of 🤬🖕🖕🤬 when I wouldn't reveal where the mine was that I'd explored during a SxS ride.

I have access to deep water ... right now i'm running a 2 for 1 special. Materials extra.

JB in so cal

Reaction score

pussies!!!
With your family in the truck? Nice!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You eating gummies? Rice is less safe. Period.
so now boaters that take anything other than rice are pussies and crappy drivers
Noted
You should take ehrenberg, try it for a few trips. The stress level alone is better
10 still sucks.

now rice on ‘off’ hours is fine. No issues.

I hate to say this, but...

Is a . 22 safer than a 9mm?

Reality is Any road is only as safe as the driver. Just like any gun is only as safe as the guy holding it.

But seriously now...

Parker is closed. Rice is closed. All the cool kids take the 40 to Havasu. Can you dig it?

👍😁 😎

riverroyal

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but...

Is a . 22 safer than a 9mm?

Reality is Any road is only as safe as the driver. Just like any gun is only as safe as the guy holding it.

But seriously now...

Parker is closed. Rice is closed. All the cool kids take the 40 to Havasu. Can you dig it?

👍😁 😎
100% agree. But the drivers on ehrenberg compared to rice are safer. Which makes it safer. Less urgency. Less blind spots. None really.
but I don’t care at the end of the day, cause I’m not taking rice. I’ve had my 25 years on that road, time to slow down. Vacation starts at my driveway leaving.
the section of the 10 from Blythe to 177 sucks also.
just cross your fingers the guy coming head on is not a crappy driver or a pussy and you’ll be fine.

I will say all the times I’ve driven ehrenberg not one ass clown has tailgated me at 80 mph. On rice it’s every time.
I thinking it was that BP guy 😁

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Once they started leaving the river open 24hrs a day I figured a few extra minutes of travel didn’t matter.
I’ve seen some effed up stuff on the road, 90 percent of it has been on Rice. It’s really fun this time of year. “But it’s not even raining, why is there a river going across the road that made me crash?”