WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Evacuating Kabul (non political)

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Evidently my wife’s nieces husband, who’s been working security or whatever at the embassy in Afghanistan, is part of the evacuees. One of their daughters posted this a little while ago.
Pretty hairy shit going on there for sure.
Wife’s niece (Kim) isn’t doing well with this even though husband has been doing this for a while.
708A9533-4245-4C79-810A-74A8E7A2126A.png

hallett21

Reaction score
Prayers to your family [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not knowing is scary. Prayers for him and the others involved. He may have been doing it for awhile, but circumstances change, and not always for the better.

Xring01

Reaction score
Honestly, I am on the fence on this one.
Biden could have done alot better job...

But after 20 years, they havent learned how to step up and defend themselves and there country, what makes us think they will learn that in the next 5 years.
So how much American blood should we sacrifice for those that dont want to sacrifice for there own good.

I spent 8 years in the Navy on a Submarine. I did my time.

I dont like the future prospects for the women of Afghanistan, I dont like the potential global terrorists threats that could arise.

But I am not sure I want any more American blood spilt for people who dont appreciate it, or fight back against Taliban.

But thats my opinion. I hope that all the Americans get out safely, even the "interpreters who helped us their.

This is not going to end well no matter what, and we will most likely have to engage these bastards in the near future, but now they will have our weapons systems, ammo and they will be backed up my Russia, China, Iran and many other countrys.

SHIT SHOW....

TexasJet

Reaction score
I am by no means a Biden fan but I think he did the right thing. Like Kenny Rogers said "ya gotta know when to fold um". Or words to that effect.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

But after 20 years, they havent learned how to step up and defend themselves and there country, what makes us think they will learn that in the next 5 years.
So how much American blood should we sacrifice for those that dont want to sacrifice for there own good.

I dont like the future prospects for the women of Afghanistan, I dont like the potential global terrorists threats that could arise.

But I am not sure I want any more American blood spilt for people who dont appreciate it, or fight back against Taliban.

But thats my opinion. I hope that all the Americans get out safely, even the "interpreters who helped us their.

This is not going to end well no matter what, and we will most likely have to engage these bastards in the near future, but now they will have our weapons systems, ammo and they will be backed up my Russia, China, Iran and many other countrys.

SHIT SHOW....

With all due respect I will disagree with you on this one. The Afghan soldiers did fight and die alongside us at a much higher rate. "Research by Brown University estimates losses in the Afghan security forces at 69,000. It puts the number of civilians and militants killed at about 51,000 each. More than 3,500 coalition soldiers have died since 2001 - about two-thirds of them Americans. More than 20,000 US soldiers have been injured."

I agree that we should take long hard looks at sacrificing American blood overseas. The last US Military death in Afghanistan was from February of 2020, 16 months of no US Military casualties is hard to call that a war zone.

My concern is that losing an air base in the region will recreate the terrorist training camps of the late 90s and early 2000s that will ultimately lead to more US Military deaths.

At the end of the day, there is no perfect option here, but withdrawing 3500 troops from a relatively stable region and having to send 5-6k troops back in to secure evacuations because it de-stabilized so quickly does not look good.

bonesfab

Reaction score
A customer is a contractor who had some people over there. I texted and asked how he was doing. Luckily he saw the writing on the wall and got them out in June. But he is still stressing out over the situation. Gets to go to DC and listen to all the assholes with excuses for the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: DWC

4Waters

Reaction score
With all due respect I will disagree with you on this one. The Afghan soldiers did fight and die alongside us at a much higher rate. "Research by Brown University estimates losses in the Afghan security forces at 69,000. It puts the number of civilians and militants killed at about 51,000 each. More than 3,500 coalition soldiers have died since 2001 - about two-thirds of them Americans. More than 20,000 US soldiers have been injured."

I agree that we should take long hard looks at sacrificing American blood overseas. The last US Military death in Afghanistan was from February of 2020, 16 months of no US Military casualties is hard to call that a war zone.

My concern is that losing an air base in the region will recreate the terrorist training camps of the late 90s and early 2000s that will ultimately lead to more US Military deaths.

At the end of the day, there is no perfect option here, but withdrawing 3500 troops from a relatively stable region and having to send 5-6k troops back in to secure evacuations because it de-stabilized so quickly does not look good.
ARVN fought beside our troops and folded when we pulled out, biden was in office then and still is. History repeated itself, hell history has been repeating itself a lot the past year, only a few can see it though.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I am by no means a Biden fan but I think he did the right thing. Like Kenny Rogers said "ya gotta know when to fold um". Or words to that effect.

Yea, but It's how he folded them thats the problem for me.

The plan was to get out, but you need to PLAN how your leaving

Instead, we just fired up the motorhome at 2am, raised the jacks and drove thru the middle of camp blasting freebird leaving some of our group around the campfire like "WTF?" and smashed a few people on the way out

Hydroman55

Reaction score
News conference says up to 10,000 Americans are not at the airport but spread across the country.
You think the Taliban will let them travel and enter the airport?
This look bad….Would Biden abandon these folks?

kurtis500

Reaction score
In November 2001 I don’t recall anyone saying we we were going to change Afghanistan. We were there to destroy the taliban. Personally I have never seen Afghanistan as anything more than a base to attack taliban from. I don’t think it was ever that in the beginning and our exit was never determined.

Question, if Biden wanted this over WTF was doing for 8 years as the VP? The longest serving VP for the war. F-ing coward.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
News conference says up to 10,000 Americans are not at the airport but spread across the country.

I am hopeful that they will be okay. The last thing the Tali wants is full US involvement again, the fastest way to have full US involvement again is by going after the US Citizens we have left there.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I am hopeful that they will be okay. The last thing the Tali wants is full US involvement again, the fastest way to have full US involvement again is by going after the US Citizens we have left there.
I hope you’re correct.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
He's no more likely to abandon them than Hillary was to abandon troops at Benghazi

1629231601785.png

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Honestly I don’t think the Taliban fears the US any longer.

They’re in it for the long game and now they know they can outlast our political will to even be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xring01

Reaction score

I respect your opinion, truly do, I am serious about that.

??? Questions Remains???? How much more American Blood are you willing to donate to this cause???? How much more time should it take????

Because without those answers, I just cant get behind wasting one more drop of American Blood....

Taliban literally took over that country in 2 weeks,,, how much bloodshed did it take for them to do that??? Cause I didnt see any Afghanistan resistance to them over the last 2 months.... I could be wrong about that.

But my original questions remain.... How much american blood and time are you willing to sacrifice..

Honestly, I am not trying to prove any points here. Its just my opinion. 8 years in the military with alot of Marine buddys who sacrificed alot more than I did trying to solve this riddle.

I am done with Middle Eastern Madness... if they get out of line, drone and bomb the living shit out them until they get the message.

Last edited:

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
You guys…..it’s all gonna be fine.
Jake Sullivan just said that the Taliban, the same group that might’ve shouted “death to America”(allegedly) for the last 20 years(allegedly 🤷🏻), are going to help safely evacuate American Citizens. Apparently they, much like grads, have turned over a new leaf and no longer behead their enemies contrary to what you’ve seen on gore sites.

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

??? Questions Remains???? How much more American Blood are you willing to donate to this cause???? How much more time should it take????

Because without those answers, I just cant get behind wasting one more drop of American Blood....

Taliban literally took over that country in 2 weeks,,, how much bloodshed did it take for them to do that??? Cause I didnt see any Afghanistan resistance to them over the last 2 months.... I could be wrong about that.

But my original questions remain.... How much american blood and time are you willing to sacrifice..

Honestly, I am trying to prove any points here. Its just my opinion. 8 years in the military with alot of Marine buddys who sacrificed alot more than I did trying to solve this riddle.

I am done with Middle Eastern Madness... if they get out of line, drone and bomb the living shit out them until they get the message.

For sure it's a serious question about willingness to spill american blood, my argument is that american blood hasn't been spilled in almost a year and a half and there has been general stability in the region. The newfound instability to the region, in my opinion, will lead to more american bloodshed throughout the world.

Once the US stopped it's air support, the Afghan security forces laid down their arms so the Taliban was able to take the country over very easily. I can't say that I blame them.

I'm with you on the drone and bomb the assholes, unfortunately now that we abandoned Bagram Air Base, we don't have a base in which to launch our drones from.

Not trying to convince anyone either, just my opinion that this has been an utter cluster fuck which is a giant middle finger to the people who made those sacrifices.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
News reports say Taliban security is letting foreigners go to the airport and exit through border checkpoints without issues... so far.
The Pentagon confirmed this morning we made a deal with the goat fuckers for safe passage out of town. Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about this.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
The whole idea in going in there in the first place was for us and the safety of our nation, protecting us from another 911.

I'm just not so sure where this leaves us as a nation. All the Guantanamo enemy combatants are kept there and now free. We left behind tons of military stuff.

300k strong Afghan army ran away like a 5 year old school girl who just lost at duck, duck, goose. Our military trained them but could not make real men out of them. I fear that realization was the final answer.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
The whole idea in going in there in the first place was for us and the safety of our nation, protecting us from another 911.

I'm just not so sure where this leaves us as a nation. All the Guantanamo enemy combatants are kept there and now free. We left behind tons of military stuff.

300k strong Afghan army ran away like a 5 year old school girl who just lost at duck, duck, goose. Our military trained them but could not make real men out of them. I fear that realization was the final answer.
What we left there should make ANY legitimate, tax paying American fighting mad. All I’m going to say.

Turnup

Reaction score
Deal or no deal, the Taliban is undergoing a heavy door to door campaign slaughtering any infidel in sight, raping any woman found, and commencing full beheadings. They are actively looking for any target to decimate, regardless of what's being said by fake news.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

I'll disagree that the Afghan's ran away like school girls. We helped them build their defense forces, we built their defense forces around US logistics and air support. Earlier this year we pulled the plug on that, we wouldn't even allow civilian contractors into the country to help the afghan pilots service their aircraft. There are stories of Afghan pilots on zoom with the civilian contractors pointing the laptop web cam at their apaches to get walked through how to fix something.

We cut them off at the knees.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Like Ben or not, he is one of the more fair people I see in this space who tries to call balls and strikes on both sides. It's a pretty good breakdown of this shit show.

hallett21

Reaction score
I'll disagree that the Afghan's ran away like school girls. We helped them build their defense forces, we built their defense forces around US logistics and air support. Earlier this year we pulled the plug on that, we wouldn't even allow civilian contractors into the country to help the afghan pilots service their aircraft. There are stories of Afghan pilots on zoom with the civilian contractors pointing the laptop web cam at their apaches to get walked through how to fix something.

We cut them off at the knees.

Im torn because I agree with you. But why did we not start this 2, 5, 10 years ago?

Every construction apprenticeship in the US takes 5 years or less. Usually the hardest part of finishing, is finding enough work. I’m pretty sure the Afghanis were getting more practice than they could handle.

I guess my question was where was the break down? The guys holding rifles? Our guys training them? Politicians?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Im torn because I agree with you. But why did we not start this 2, 5, 10 years ago?

Every construction apprenticeship in the US takes 5 years or less. Usually the hardest part of finishing, is finding enough work. I’m pretty sure the Afghanis were getting more practice than they could handle.

I guess my question was where was the break down? The guys holding rifles? Our guys training them? Politicians?

I don't find it an issue of timing, it is an issue of the way the security forces were built (by us) to be so reliant on our logistical support. Only chance for a clean pullout would have been to stand up their defense forces to be self sufficient, but that fuck up happened around a decade ago and then was locked in in 2014 when NATO passed over full security responsibility to the Afghan defense forces.

Edited to add article from June warning of this exact eventuality: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...s-afghan-military-will-lose-its-main-n1269686

Spectra18

Reaction score

SHIT SHOW....

Muslim countries need a heavy hand. The American system doesn’t work in those cultures and lands. Many of my family members ( from Iran) will tell you Saddam was good for Iraq. There’s something about these people , it’s not our way.

Xring01

Reaction score
For sure it's a serious question about willingness to spill american blood, my argument is that american blood hasn't been spilled in almost a year and a half and there has been general stability in the region. The newfound instability to the region, in my opinion, will lead to more american bloodshed throughout the world.

Once the US stopped it's air support, the Afghan security forces laid down their arms so the Taliban was able to take the country over very easily. I can't say that I blame them.

I'm with you on the drone and bomb the assholes, unfortunately now that we abandoned Bagram Air Base, we don't have a base in which to launch our drones from.

Not trying to convince anyone either, just my opinion that this has been an utter cluster fuck which is a giant middle finger to the people who made those sacrifices.

Thanks, I am enjoying the dialog and different perspective.
Now if the rest of the world could learn how to have civil discussions, imagine the problems that could be solved.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Don't know if I'd fight for a corrupt government either. Was anybody verifying where the money went? If the soldiers weren't getting paid to fight the bully, why fight? The writing was on the wall that your big brother wasn't going to help you anymore.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Leaving thousands behind, and publicly stating he won't guarantee Americans safety who are still there.... Yea he did the right thing. Fuck Biden and fuck anyone who makes excuses for him. I've got 2 friends stuck over there.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't know if I'd fight for a corrupt government either. Was anybody verifying where the money went? If the soldiers weren't getting paid to fight the bully, why fight? The writing was on the wall that your big brother wasn't going to help you anymore.
At this very moment, in every corner of the globe, there may be some American soldiers thinking the very same thing. Men and women risk their lives everyday at the direction of a government that just left allies to hang, and quite possibly fellow American citizens.
Is it the same as corruption, or worse? Is it an act of evil, or a tremendous amount of stupidity?
I find it hard to believe anyone can be so stupid, so I'm sure the truth lies in between.

hallett21

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who are serving/served.

Pulling thousands of troops out of any location, do those troops get relocated or are they discharged? Meaning are you out of job?

If not, are there other bases around the world that are in need of troops? Is there a reason we don’t cycle troops for 2-3 months on 2-3 months off to locations like the Middle East?

Keep a presence but make it bearable for our servicemen and women.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

Honestly, I am trying to prove any points here. Its just my opinion. 8 years in the military with alot of Marine buddys who sacrificed alot more than I did trying to solve this riddle.

In an ideal world, we would sacrifice zero American blood, but we are far from ideal.
The real/hard question is how much blood are we willing to trade. 2,400 soldier gave their lives over the past 20 years in that hell hole so we could continue living our petty lives over here. How many lives they saved we will never know, but when you have more people die in one terrorist attack on one day, I’m going to guess many many multiples. We now have the Taliban that hate us, and an entire country that we made promises to and will now grow up to hate us. These clearly aren’t cave dwellers and we’ve seen how easy it is to get into our southern border.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You guys…..it’s all gonna be fine.
Jake Sullivan just said that the Taliban, the same group that might’ve shouted “death to America”(allegedly) for the last 20 years(allegedly 🤷🏻), are going to help safely evacuate American Citizens. Apparently they, much like grads, have turned over a new leaf and no longer behead their enemies contrary to what you’ve seen on gore sites.

Our government probably has been working with Taliban.......our Potus said it clearly, the Taliban moved in "sooner" than they expected but it obviously was no surprise.

Dalton

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who are serving/served.

Pulling thousands of troops out of any location, do those troops get relocated or are they discharged? Meaning are you out of job?

If not, are there other bases around the world that are in need of troops? Is there a reason we don’t cycle troops for 2-3 months on 2-3 months off to locations like the Middle East?

Keep a presence but make it bearable for our servicemen and women.

If they are active duty they go back to wherever their duty station is- the US, Europe, etc. If they are national guard or reserve they go back home usually. The Marines may have came from a ship, they would go back to the ship or wherever their duty station is.

Three months would be short for conventional forces, it takes three months to just figure out how everything works at a new place.

Xring01

Reaction score
In an ideal world, we would sacrifice zero American blood, but we are far from ideal.
The real/hard question is how much blood are we willing to trade. 2,400 soldier gave their lives over the past 20 years in that hell hole so we could continue living our petty lives over here. How many lives they saved we will never know, but when you have more people die in one terrorist attack on one day, I’m going to guess many many multiples. We now have the Taliban that hate us, and an entire country that we made promises to and will now grow up to hate us. These clearly aren’t cave dwellers and we’ve seen how easy it is to get into our southern border.
Are you sure about those numbers..
My neighbor was Master Seargent of Pendleton when the shit was hitting the fan.. he lost 2-4 guys in San diego every weekend. Not in desert…in San Diego, or their home town

Not talking about the suicide rate disabled vets.. lets just talk about the the active duty death rates with in the US.

When Ricky recruit who returned from 9 month deployment, buys GSXR 1100 and kills himself on it, on his two week vacation…

If you want to talk numbers, then lets dig in…

I am a disabled vet who mentors disabled vets…trust me, when it comes to numbers, I know them better than most can imagine.

I have mentioned Bloodydecks a few times here. One of the honors of my life was coordinating many Wounded Warrior fishing trips. I had a blast helping my brothers in arms. Until the official Wounded Warriors foundation got involved and fucked it all-up.

when they told me I couldnt buy a wounded warrior a beer, due to his medication.. I resigne as a volenteer who spent thousands out of my pocket to honor them. Its Ok for him to lose a arm, leg, and eye, in sacrafice for his commitments. But no he is not allowed drink a beer on a fishing trip honoring his sacrifices?

yeah.. me and govment dont see eye to eye on that math anymore…

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I think Biden is a complete bone head!

Why make an announcement!!! We are leaving! just slowly start moving our fighting hero out make sure everyone is safe and out If country then say …..

it’s over we are done!

the greatest nation in the world and we can’t get out gracefully and proud!
Next time and there will be a next time we need to figure how to get out before we get in! The amount if money and lives lost and injured is way to high!

that sand box is F’d and full of cat shit!