WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

People we know lost their 19 year old son in Copper Canyon yesterday.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I couldn’t Even imagine. 😢

my kids like to jump the rock at the lower sandbar in Parker. It’s never relaxing for me when they do.
Have them wear life jackets, changes everything. The big issue is landing wrong and knocking your wind out. Your gag reflex can’t be controlled. We have all been there, just not under water, you will have no control over gulping water. At least a jacket will bring you up versus down.

wzuber

Reaction score
Wow, so very sad, RIP young man. My condolences to his loved ones. the things we take for granted. My wife's ex- husband split his nut sack jumping there. I did a nice swan dive off the 30ish foot position once.

wzuber

Reaction score
Very sad indeed. Both young men with bright futures ahead. The second story seems to be of foul play.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Wow, that is very sad news. As today is one of my sons birthdays, don't know how Id be able to deal with a tragedy like this.

RIP

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The poor parents. I can’t even imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Good samaritans found him and did everything they could. Apparently he was doing a backflip, he had done it too many times to count. People on scene said he had facial trauma. All it takes is a small variable to change in something you are very comfortable with and it can take a terrible turn.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Very sad and very eerie because on Friday I took a couple of Havasu newbies to Copper Canyon and was telling them about a time years ago that witnessed a young guy jump, hit the water, and never came back up, then I see that this happened on Saturday. [emoji853]

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
RIP, very sad.

I'm not a fan of watching people jump. My buddy insisted on doing it 7 years ago on a Bachelor party trip, and he blew his ear drum out and now has hearing loss. Watched him splat sideways, was thankful he popped up. I won't let my boat passengers jump ever again

4Waters

Reaction score
RIP, very sad.

I'm not a fan of watching people jump. My buddy insisted on doing it 7 years ago on a Bachelor party trip, and he blew his ear drum out and now has hearing loss. Watched him splat sideways, was thankful he popped up. I won't let my boat passengers jump ever again
My limit is 10ft. I jumped a 20 footer on the kern during a rafting trip and I hit bottom pretty hard even though I was wearing a life jacket.

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My limit is 10ft. I jumped a 20 footer on the kern during a rafting trip and I hit bottom pretty hard even though I was wearing a life jacket.
I did something like a 40 footer in Powell, I landed fine but I remember looking up at my bubbles and thinking I am not going to make it all the way back up, it was pretty intense, I was out of air when I surfaced, could have blacked out at any time.

Mike K

Reaction score
I used to jump off that a lot … but … the scary part wasn’t the jump … it’s real slippery going up the hill … you can lose your footing real easy … I‘m surprised that’s not what most peeps get hurt doing … poor family of the 19 year old. I can’t imagine … 🙏🏼

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I used to jump off that a lot … but … the scary part wasn’t the jump … it’s real slippery going up the hill … you can lose your footing real easy … I‘m surprised that’s not what most peeps get hurt doing … poor family of the 19 year old. I can’t imagine … [emoji1374]

That’s for sure. Once you finally get to the top, you better not chicken out. It’s almost safer to jump at that point.

framer1

Reaction score
My son used to jump off at the high point , I hated it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
At Naci a kid named Xavier jumped and stuck in the mud and drowned. Never forget that 1.

May the young man RIP. Condolences to his friends and family.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
That's horrible :(

thoughts to the family, what a nightmare.

poncho

Reaction score
I did something like a 40 footer in Powell, I landed fine but I remember looking up at my bubbles and thinking I am not going to make it all the way back up, it was pretty intense, I was out of air when I surfaced, could have blacked out at any time.
Same thing, pretty stupid when I was younger but that one got my attention, retired that act.

Englewood

Reaction score
I'm typically advocating for my kids to try stuff out of their comfort zone. However, I don't let my kids or guests jump at all. I also make my kids wear life jackets in the middle of the lake. They don't like it but oh well.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
When I was a kid and when the surf was flat we would go to Old Port San Luis Pier and jump/dive for sport , in later years found that that pier was built right next to an older one and the remains of the "old pilings" were no far below the surface ...

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Good samaritans found him and did everything they could. Apparently he was doing a backflip, he had done it too many times to count. People on scene said he had facial trauma. All it takes is a small variable to change in something you are very comfortable with and it can take a terrible turn.

My boss was 40' away and witnessed this entire tragic event, including the jump from the rocks. The young man attempted a flip of multiple rotations and when he entered the water, he hit with his face pretty much flat/square to the water and did not re-surface. Upon impact, folks surrounding the area swam over because everyone knew it was a bad impact. "Normal" people were searching under the surface and could not locate. A man identified himself as a Navy Seal and someone threw him some goggles and after multiple attempts, this individual was able to locate and recover the young man after about 10 mins of being submerged. It was overheard that he said he thought he had to go down about 20'. Multiple good Samaritans (self identified as having paramedic/MD credentials) administered CPR until the authorities arrived and he was transferred their boat and transported away.

RIP to this young man and condolences to the family.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My boss was 40' away and witnessed this entire tragic event, including the jump from the rocks. The young man attempted a flip of multiple rotations and when he entered the water, he hit with his face pretty much flat/square to the water and did not re-surface. Upon impact, folks surrounding the area swam over because everyone knew it was a bad impact. "Normal" people were searching under the surface and could not locate. A man identified himself as a Navy Seal and someone threw him some goggles and after multiple attempts, this individual was able to locate and recover the young man after about 10 mins of being submerged. It was overheard that he said he thought he had to go down about 20'. Multiple good Samaritans (self identified as having paramedic/MD credentials) administered CPR until the authorities arrived and he was transferred their boat and transported away.

RIP to this young man and condolences to the family.
If anyone knows how to get in touch with this person who dove down and recovered him or any of the other good samaritans involved the family would like to reach out with their appreciation. Message me please if anyone has any details, thx.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
so sad god speed young man... I over rotated a back flip off the high rock there probably 20 years ago.

I knew it was going to suck on the way down as i had jumped/flipped off high stuff before. One of my buddies took a picture at the time i was entering the water that i still have somewhere. I was able to twist a hair so it was a dive/flop and swam away.

It was the last time i flipped from that high.

instagator

Reaction score
If anyone knows how to get in touch with this person who dove down and recovered him or any of the other good samaritans involved the family would like to reach out with their appreciation. Message me please if anyone has any details, thx.
25 feet deep and about 50 degree water down that deep, That man is a hero for even trying.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
25 feet deep and about 50 degree water down that deep, That man is a hero for even trying.
He brought him up. Some friends in the fire department are trying to get a hold of the sheriffs who were there to get the parent’s contact information if they have the guys info. The parents really want to thank him for what he did.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There are all kinds of people at the lake or river. There are the inconsiderate folks we all bitch about, but there are also those that rarely shine. The guy who recovered this poor boy is one of them. Seal or not, a model of what people should try to be. Same goes for those that tried to revive him. Many talents working in unison, when things are bad, very bad.

Two young men lost their lives. Very different circumstances, and very different recoveries so to speak. One's family knows how, and where, the other's may not know anything. Both are very sad, in much different ways.

The only good that came of these two incidents, is seeing there's still hope for us. People didn't just record or take pictures. For the young man in Copper Canyon, people took action. A bright spot in a dark time:(

mobldj

Reaction score
i think the only real way to honor the 2 that passed is to not let anyone your with jump off of anything. yea i guess im getting old.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Both young men with bright futures ahead.
from the article: "The male was wearing black jeans, tennis shoes, no shirt and gloves. The male had "SICKBOI" tattooed on his stomach, along with other tattoos on his arms and back."

Pants, shoes and gloves on Sickboi ? That's some tweaker thief shit, not a bright future. I think you are correct on the foul play for that one.