WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LA Fireworks explosion

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
When is the final report coming out. What was the final assessment that went wrong. So many people with out any answers. Our local RDP Leo are silent. It’s not a bash. But shit went wrong and should be rectified
Is there a report of findings coming out soon. Or just pushed under the radar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I actually thought the report was out? Blame, I thought, had been placed on squad members...

Like any "big company", no way in hell it was going to be anyone's fault but the workers. Shit rolls down hill, no matter where you work or what you do.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I actually thought the report was out? Blame, I thought, had been placed on squad members...

Like any "big company", no way in hell it was going to be anyone's fault but the workers. Shit rolls down hill, no matter where you work or what you do.

Understand shit rolls downhill. And all is not fair. At the same time they (as the lapd/ city) should step and fix what their fuck up caused. I’ve looked and can’t find any released report.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Understand shit rolls downhill. And all is not fair. At the same time they (as the lapd/ city) should step and fix what their fuck up caused. I’ve looked and can’t find any released report.

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers...just sharing thoughts. I'm 390 miles away from south central these days, and only been name on a report, never the signature at the bottom.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers...just sharing thoughts. I'm 390 miles away from south central these days, and only been name on a report, never the signature at the bottom.

Not ruffling my feathers in the least. I just know there is at least one person on here with info who has been quiet for a month. Unless it’s in a private section.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Haven't seen our resident explosives expert since... can't be good.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter when you're the boss... Miss him around here, he seemed like one of the good guys

Didn’t know he was the boss. Interesting.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
But you don’t find interesting that mr prove me wrong. Has an answer for everything. Is never wrong. Has no opinion all the sudden on something very close to his profession has no comment . Like I said timing is everything.

He’s taking a break from here for other reasons. I’m not going to go into it, but that is what the man told me and I am taking that for what it is worth. He will be back.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
But you don’t find it interesting that mr prove me wrong. Has an answer for everything. Is never wrong. Has no opinion all the sudden on something very close to his profession has no comment . Like I said timing is everything.

Here you go. It is what it is.

hallett21

Reaction score
As far as the incident I think it was a miscalculation of explosives from personnel.

I can’t believe I have to say this but that is not a dig against LAPD or any other LEO. Sometimes mistakes are made for better or worse.

I think this whole board could take a serving of humble pie and realize that accidents happen. That is not a demerit or golden star on any one agency.

I hope every LEO and assisting members get home safe tonight [emoji1303]

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
As far as the incident I think it was a miscalculation of explosives from personnel.

I can’t believe I have to say this but that is not a dig against LAPD or any other LEO. Sometimes mistakes are made for better or worse.

I think this whole board could take a serving of humble pie and realize that accidents happen. That is not a demerit or golden star on any one agency.

I agree 100%. Mistakes happen. And I want my Leo family to come home safe every night. But when shit goes wrong fix it. These families are getting the run around and it’s fucking wrong. Pay what it takes to fix there homes etc and move on.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Accidents never happen here. Have you seen my boaters card?

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Here you go. It is what it is.

Yea I saw that awhile back. And I again say. Timing is everything. Never needed a break before but all the sudden. Can’t comment on anything.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Yea I saw that awhile back. And I again say. Timing is everything. Never needed a break before but all the sudden. Can’t comment on anything.

It’s called litigation. That generally changes things “all the sudden”. Completely understandable. We’re not special here when it comes to that and for good reason. Let him take care of himself (keeping his job not typing on an open forum) and do what needs to be done.

hallett21

Reaction score
So what? If he doesnt want to come on here for whatever reasons for a while…be it professional or personal he doesn’t owe you anything.

sounds like you are pushing it for some unknown end game. what is your point and end game here?

I think the issue is that this board pushes very hard in either direction. Right or wrong. Left or right. Etc,etc

People should take a step back as adults.

From the comments and personal digs people throw out it’s wild lately.

You can’t talk shit/smack/ your side of the story and then walk away on a forum. It’a a different form of media.

That’s not to say LR2 doesn’t have his reasons personally or legally. And I think many of us appreciate long term LEO participating in these conversations. Sadly though, engaging often means seeing the conversation through.

All I wish for all LEO, EMT and Fire is that they get home safe and we appreciate the insight you give us [emoji1303][emoji631]

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
So what? If he doesnt want to come on here for whatever reasons for a while…be it professional or personal he doesn’t owe you anything.

sounds like you are pushing it for some unknown end game. what is your point and end game here?
Pretty sure they are always taking shots at each other, but I could be wrong and am too lazy to go search through previous theeads.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Mistakes happen. And I want my Leo family to come home safe every night. But when shit goes wrong fix it. These families are getting the run around and it’s fucking wrong. Pay what it takes to fix there homes etc and move on.

The families getting the run around has 0.0% to do with the bomb squad and 100% to do with lawyers, bureaucrats, and politicians.

DWC

Reaction score
The families getting the run around has 0.0% to do with the bomb squad and 100% to do with lawyers, bureaucrats, and politicians.
Great point. City is cutting checks not LEO’s. The real blame should be on the mother F’r that brought explosives into the neighborhood and the people that were buying from him.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Great point. City is cutting checks not LEO’s. The real blame should be on the mother F’r that brought explosives into the neighborhood and the people that were buying from him.

How dare you put this explosion on penally challenged and undocumented indigenous migrant Angelenos!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Pretty sure they are always taking shots at each other, but I could be wrong and am too lazy to go search through previous theeads.
There was a time before, and just after this incident, where LR2 and MrC were going at it. Every thread with both of them was like a mean squeezer/regor spat. Both seem relatively normal individually, but the two together could be mind numbing.

If one were to read the posts the day of the incident in question, you'd see most wanted to make sure LR2 was alright. He had posted that he had to call out that day for family reasons. The family stuff may be more what's guiding his movements than work. When it comes down to it, most here would choose good of their family over this place.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

I agree to point. But let’s say you arrest a guy who has guns. And when being careless putting them away one goes off and shoots someone. Is that on the guy you took the gun from. Again not saying mistakes don’t happen. But make it right. Quit dragging it out. And if you can’t admit mistakes were made here. I don’t know what else to say.

DWC

Reaction score
I agree to point. But let’s say you arrest a guy who has guns. And when being careless putting them away one goes off and shoots someone. Is that on the guy you took the gun from. Again not saying mistakes don’t happen. But make it right. Quit dragging it out. And if you can’t admit mistakes were made here. I don’t know what else to say.

Not an expert by any means. Identifying a gun and ammo and determining how to handle and dispose of it is one thing. Unmarked explosives is a whole different animal.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Not an expert by any means. Identifying a gun and ammo and determining how to handle and dispose of it is one thing. Unmarked explosives is a whole different animal.

Correct, which I am sure there are safety policy’s and procedures in place for unmarked.

Reactions: DWC

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Stupid question. We all know it would be the guns fault. Just ask any of our resident idiots on the board.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I always have to wonder why all these RDP law enforcement ”experts” aren’t employed as chiefs/sheriffs to bring their wisdom and expertise to the job of law enforcement. Go apply and make a difference and save us all.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I always have to wonder why all these RDP law enforcement ”experts” aren’t employed as chiefs/sheriffs to bring their wisdom and expertise to the job of law enforcement. Go apply and make a difference and save us all.
I honestly think I would make a great Leo. I’ve looked into it. They will never take me. Shitty because I’ve come a long ways but my past will always haunt me. I would love to fly one day but I’m not sure that will ever happen either.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
You don't have to be an expert to realize when a block is destroyed, something went wrong and someone fucked up. 😁 :rolleyes:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

He’s come and gone a few times in the past for both professional and personal reasons.

He’ll be back...

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I honestly think I would make a great Leo. I’ve looked into it. They will never take me. Shitty because I’ve come a long ways but my past will always haunt me. I would love to fly one day but I’m not sure that will ever happen either.

You'd be surprised how much they've "loosened" the hiring requirements. Might be worth calling a recruiter and having a conversation. Especially if enough time has passed since the incidents.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
You don't have to be an expert to realize when a block is destroyed, something went wrong and someone fucked up. 😁 :rolleyes:
And I'm pretty sure they'll get to the bottom of it and make the necessary changes. The City will pay for damages and maybe someone gets suspended.