WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell news...

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
5 hours straight of heavy rains and thunderstorms last night… if you were out on the lake bet you didn’t sleep a wink, I know I didn’t. Just need 40 days and 40 nights straight and we will be good to go!

D5F89236-E249-4AEB-A74D-E32F9C607D9D.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You have to read it first 😉
I don't need to read propaganda,.. but you???? first you said that the water got used and they didn't send it down river.... you also said you knew for fact that the amout of water that that was released from powell is the same it always was,... and same for mead,... then you said farmers used all the water in cal and az.... so.... what is it now?????...... if the release was the same as you stated.... mead would still be full, right.... also,.. about 5 years ago you did say that mead was dumping water out so the tunnel under the lake wouldn't cave in.... my story is and has been the same for 21 years,... they said they were gonna drop the water level 150'.... and that's what they did... self proclaimed wizards and garage rocket scientist all seem to be fighting what you can see happened to turn it in to something other than they pulled the plug on mead and powell... got the lake down to where they could declare a fed water shortage.... oh, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference how much water is use to grow crops.... if mead doesn't release the water,... there is none...

but they are ly'n their ass's off right now...... like i said,... if powell has released the same amout for the last 21 years,... and so has mead.... then mead would still be full,... and powell empty,... powell would have to complete dry up before the level at mead would drop....... LOL,... how the hell could mead drop 150' and powell go up...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Well they use the vast majority of the water sooooo.... whatcha gonna do.

Many have been irrigating with millennia old field flooding techniques, an absolutely abysmal waste of water....
Come on racey,... if the water used is south of the mead dam..... and mead didn't dump the water out... where did they get the water?????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Such bullshit. Good their putting the ramps in but what baffles me is the almost non existent rise of Powell this runoff season. It’s unheard of in past years. Powell normally rises 15-20’ in normal water season but 2020/2021 snow pack was so bad, so bad, that it saw no rise? Impossible. The snow pack wasn’t that bad! Article says the Bureau of Reclamation is going to go back study their models and try and figure out what happened? Then the article goes on to say that one explanation could be is that global warming has increased temperatures and has made the ground more dry and more water is going into the ground and not reaching powell. Jesus. Sad state of affairs we are in here. The 800 pound gorilla in the room is a “Mismanaged Water System”.
you could call it miss managed.... or the wrong people in management... fact is they dumped powell and mead,... very quietly... then let everybody start all kinds of rumors about what happened to the water......

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
“The problem is that the river provides only between 12 and 13 million acre-feet of water today,” he told WyoFile. “The reservoirs on the Colorado River system have far more storage capacity than they can use, so building additional storage capacity does not seem to make much sense.”

if lake powell only releases 9maf, and mead 9 maf... then where did the water go????? THEY GET 13MAF....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
“The problem is that the river provides only between 12 and 13 million acre-feet of water today,” he told WyoFile. “The reservoirs on the Colorado River system have far more storage capacity than they can use, so building additional storage capacity does not seem to make much sense.”

if lake powell only releases 9maf, and mead 9 maf... then where did the water go????? THEY GET 13MAF....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lost me on this post Steve...

Who is they? What exactly are you trying to say?

*Scratching head*

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

There are places above Powell's Dam that pull from that 12-13 MAF, you do know that right? Where does Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah get their share of they 7.5 MAF designated for the Upper Basin Region?

What state does the Glen Canyon Dam reside in?

What is 7.5 + 1.5?

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You lost me on this post Steve...

Who is they? What exactly are you trying to say?

*Scratching head*
they is powell nd mead, they have gotten 13 maf average since 2000 , yet the claim is they ( who ever controlls the release out of mead and powell ) only released 9MAF out of each dam,... and like I said...mead would have dropped an inch untill powell was dry...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
There are places above Powell's Dam that pull from that 12-13 MAF, you do know that right? Where does Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah get their share of they 7.5 MAF designated for the Upper Basin Region?

What state does the Glen Canyon Dam reside in?

What is 7.5 + 1.5?
LOL... would be nice if you would post what you really know, I know you are way smarter than you water post' you know they dump mead.... and you know who did it...

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Just put the PLUG back in...problem solved

Totally different Lake since our last Houseboat trip.... 2000

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
they is powell nd mead, they have gotten 13 maf average since 2000 , yet the claim is they ( who ever controlls the release out of mead and powell ) only released 9MAF out of each dam,... and like I said...mead would have dropped an inch untill powell was dry...

Let's say those numbers ARE accurate...

You have evaporation, ground aquifers, all kinna stuff affecting the difference between inflow and outflow, right?

Shit that can't be accounted for?

And over a 20 year period, how accurate could those numbers Really be?

Where did you come up with them??

Inquiring minds wanna know...

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
LOL... would be nice if you would post what you really know, I know you are way smarter than you water post' you know they dump mead.... and you know who did it...

They dump from mead to provide the 9 MAF annually, as obligated by law and treaty, for the 3 lower basin states, and Mexico, 7.5 MAF for CA (4.4), NV(0.3), and AZ(2.8), and 1.5 MAF for MX.... Call me crazy but my cocktail napkin math says that adds up to 9 MAF....

Yes I know they dump Mead, yes I know who (The USBR), but the most important reason is I know why (to meet the legal obligations of water deliveries per the 1922 Colorado river compact.)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
In its natural state, the Colorado River poured about 16.3 million acre feet (20.1 km 3) into the Gulf of California each year, amounting to an average flow rate of 22,500 cubic feet per second (640 m 3 /s).

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
They dump from mead to provide the 9 MAF annually, as obligated by law and treaty, for the 3 lower basin states, and Mexico, 7.5 MAF for CA (4.4), NV(0.3), and AZ(2.8), and 1.5 MAF for MX.... Call me crazy but my cocktail napkin math says that adds up to 9 MAF....

Yes I know they dump Mead, yes I know who (The USBR), but the most important reason is I know why (to meet the legal obligations of water deliveries per the 1922 Colorado river compact.)
so how long have you been working @ BOR

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
What would happen if we got an el niña or la niño¿

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
In its natural state, the Colorado River poured about 16.3 million acre feet (20.1 km 3) into the Gulf of California each year, amounting to an average flow rate of 22,500 cubic feet per second (640 m 3 /s).

According to what estimate, made in what year? 🤔

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Before 1920?? Who the hell calculated that?? And how many years did they use to calculate that average??

Me thinks your reaching dood...

😝

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
What would happen if we got an el niña or la niño¿
that would fuc up the plan,...then they would have to release even more water out of mead....no where will they report to anyone how much water they have released... shit like this is why people just don't trust the GOV... , and on top of that the multitude of people that think it make them above the rest by helping to cover up the shit they do... it's like the vaccine,... when polio hit the us,... every body got the vaccine,.... when I went to school, you had to have your shot record to go to school.. now you can't trust a thing the bastards say,... you have to question everything

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
where I'm at is I have known that they were gonna drop mead 150' for 21 years,... and lived to watch it happen...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
that would fuc up the plan,...then they would have to release even more water out of mead....no where will they report to anyone how much water they have released... shit like this is why people just don't trust the GOV... , and on top of that the multitude of people that think it make them above the rest by helping to cover up the shit they do... it's like the vaccine,... when polio hit the us,... every body got the vaccine,.... when I went to school, you had to have your shot record to go to school.. now you can't trust a thing the bastards say,... you have to question everything

You just said in an earlier post...

They have reported the release amounts over the past 20 years.

Now in this post, your saying they won't report anything?

I'm soooo confused!!! 😂

JD D05

Reaction score
JD, I've houseboated about 15x on Powell thru the year's..

I've been on it at full pool (plywood on the spill ways) and last month...

Just a beautiful Lake!!!!

I was there during those times but I was young. I wasn't digging at you or anything. Just an observation.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I feel like mead and Powell are Martin short and Steve Martin. The river below mead is Chevy chase.
three-amigos-water.gif

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Powell went up yesterday about .27 of a foot!!!!!
I was trying to figure out if that was a mistake because Flaming gorge also went up and I didn't see any other reservoirs take a dip. I was trying to figure out where the water came from.🤷‍♂️

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If Lake Mead was an RV, what improvements would be made to make it a fruitful 2FF flip?
water is like money,... be frugal and save as much as you can...never get in a situation where you have to borrow....I tried to deposit some cash the other day,....had quite a problem....seems I squeezed all the color out of the money, that and the bills were so old

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You just said in an earlier post...

They have reported the release amounts over the past 20 years.

Now in this post, your saying they won't report anything?

I'm soooo confused!!! 😂
Kinda like voting fraud..... they said what they are supposed to be releasing per yer... but there is no history graph of what they actual released.... but, if you tkae their numbers,... the math doesn't work.... thats why I post about the 2 bucket test.... pretty easy to see that it's impossible.. unless of course some one knocks the bucket over...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Kinda like voting fraud..... they said what they are supposed to be releasing per yer... but there is no history graph of what they actual released.... but, if you tkae their numbers,... the math doesn't work.... thats why I post about the 2 bucket test.... pretty easy to see that it's impossible.. unless of course some one knocks the bucket over...

Oh there are history graphs everywhere. You know this as well as I do.

The question remains...

Where did you get Your info?

And why do you say one thing, and then the opposite 2 posts later?

You're loosing all your street cred here. 😝

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I don't need to read propaganda,.. but you???? first you said that the water got used and they didn't send it down river.... you also said you knew for fact that the amout of water that that was released from powell is the same it always was,... and same for mead,...

Uhhhh what?

then you said farmers used all the water in cal and az.... so.... what is it now?????......

You do know there is farms and developments ABOVE Powell right? that is where the bulk of the new water usage has come from in the last 20 years.....

if the release was the same as you stated.... mead would still be full, right.... also,.. about 5 years ago you did say that mead was dumping water out so the tunnel under the lake wouldn't cave in.... my story is and has been the same for 21 years,... they said they were gonna drop the water level 150'.... and that's what they did... self proclaimed wizards and garage rocket scientist all seem to be fighting what you can see happened to turn it in to something other than they pulled the plug on mead and powell... got the lake down to where they could declare a fed water shortage.... oh, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference how much water is use to grow crops.... if mead doesn't release the water,... there is none...

but they are ly'n their ass's off right now...... like i said,... if powell has released the same amout for the last 21 years,... and so has mead.... then mead would still be full,... and powell empty,... powell would have to complete dry up before the level at mead would drop....... LOL,... how the hell could mead drop 150' and powell go up...

Steve, if they "pulled the plug on Mead and Powell" just to drop the levels for dropping the levels sake, WHERE DID THE WATER GO? It certainly didn't end up in the gulf as it's pretty much bone fuckin dry at the delta apart from the occaisional small flush they allow to happen every few years.

The missing 25 million acre feet didn't make it to the ocean buddy, that would be 1MAF a year..... IT WAS USED UP BY FARMERS. 🤦‍♂️

You've got about 13.5 MAF that the colorado makes every year, when you pull 16.5 out BEFORE any evaporation is considered, the lake levels drop. It's not hard to figure out, there is no vast conspiracy. They misjudged the average flows of the Colorado river in 1921 when they did the study for the river compact. Like i said, it's a miracle they estimated as close as they did considering how much it changes month to month. Even if the river ran solid all year it would be a feat to calculate that with any accuracy in the 1920s... Hell even today in many respects.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Here is another problem with Steve's numbers...

What about when it rains at the lakes? Do they count every rain drop? Every stream? Every flash flood?

There is no WAY someone is monitoring every drop of water in and out of those resivours.

Or maybe...

Aliens?

🛸👽

Silly. 😝

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
@Gramps

Impossible to comprehend...

Layman's terms...

DaveH

Reaction score
does anyone find it odd that nevada, many years ago, spent huge sums of money to put in the new intake (and not just a pipe, but a huge underground tunnel bored to one of the deepest parts of the lake)..........I'm mean either these people are genius' or somehow they knew way back then this was going to happen.

once again stinks of not being told the truth by the agencies that administer the water.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
does anyone find it odd that nevada, many years ago, spent huge sums of money to put in the new intake (and not just a pipe, but a huge underground tunnel bored to one of the deepest parts of the lake)..........I'm mean either these people are genius' or somehow they knew way back then this was going to happen.

once again stinks of not being told the truth by the agencies that administer the water.

Pretty sure Stevie Wonder saw this shit coming a Long time ago. The rest of us were too busy just having fun.

Take our fun away, and now everyone is paying attention! 😝

DaveH

Reaction score
Pretty sure Stevie Wonder saw this shit coming a Long time ago. The rest of us were too busy just having fun.

Take our fun away, and now everyone is paying attention! 😝
so you are saying 15-20 years ago someone really smart sat down with all the politicians and said "we need to spend billions to build a new intake because 15 years from now the lake is going to drop 140'........."

no friggin way.

this is all contrived manipulation. or the smart guy that forecast this needs to get into investing because he is wasting his life at the water district.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
so you are saying 15-20 years ago someone really smart sat down with all the politicians and said "we need to spend billions to build a new intake because 15 years from now the lake is going to drop 140'........."

no friggin way.

this is all contrived manipulation. or the smart guy that forecast this needs to get into investing because he is wasting his life at the water district.

No, not at all.

In 1922, when they laid out all the allotments, they knew then, it wouldn't be sufficient if everyone took their full serve.

That still hasn't happened, but...

We have been in extreme dry weather for a long time. The writing had been on the wall for decades. Vegas was reading it, while everyone else was napping.

rrrr

Reaction score
where I'm at is I have known that they were gonna drop mead 150' for 21 years,... and lived to watch it happen...

It's amazing that you are the only person who knows this. It's like Saul seeing the burning bush on the road to Damascus and his conversion from an evil man that persecuted Christians to the Apostle Paul.

1101978166_univ_lsr_md.jpg

DO YOU know who that is lying on the ground? It is Saul. Remember, he’s the one who watched the coats for the men who stoned Stephen. Look at that bright light! What’s happening?

After Stephen is killed, Saul takes the lead in hunting for Jesus’ followers to hurt them. He goes into one house after another and drags them out and throws them into prison. Many of the disciples flee to other cities and begin to declare the “good news” there. But Saul goes to other cities to find Jesus’ followers. He is now on his way to Damascus. But, on the way, this is the amazing thing that happens:

Suddenly a light from the sky flashes around Saul. He falls to the ground, as we see here. Then a voice says: ‘Saul, Saul! Why are you hurting me?’ The men with Saul see the light and hear the sound of the voice, but they can’t understand what is being said.

Who are you, Lord?’ Saul asks.

‘I am Jesus, the one you are hurting,’ the voice says. Jesus says this because when Saul hurts Jesus’ followers, Jesus feels as if he is being hurt himself.

Saul now asks: ‘What shall I do, Lord?’

‘Get up and go into Damascus,’ Jesus says. ‘There you will be told what you must do.’ When Saul gets up and opens his eyes, he can’t see a thing. He is blind! So the men with him take him by the hand and lead him into Damascus.

Jesus now speaks to one of his disciples in Damascus, saying: ‘Get up, An·a·niʹas. Go to the street called Straight. At the house of Judas ask for a man named Saul. I have chosen him to be a special servant of mine.’

An·a·niʹas obeys. When he meets Saul, he lays his hands on him and says: ‘The Lord has sent me that you might see again and be filled with holy spirit.’ At once something that looks like scales falls from Saul’s eyes, and he is able to see again.

Praise God! It's the miracle in the Nevada desert!

rrrr

Reaction score

No secrets. Everything that is done with regards to water releases and holds complies with the agreements and the law.