WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

U-3 Atlas Van Lines tow truck box van spotted

baja-chris

Reaction score
Wandering around the country in our RV and saw an old U-3 Atlas Van Lines box van/hauler truck sitting faded in someone's rural yard on a small county road in Alexandria Bay, NY.
It was a red livery which I think was the first paint job back when it was a rear cockpit V12 boat. 1968? raced by Jim McCormick? Anyway just a bizarre sighting. Be more likely to see a Sasquatch.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Wandering around the country in our RV and saw an old U-3 Atlas Van Lines box van/hauler truck sitting faded in someone's rural yard on a small county road in Alexandria Bay, NY.
It was a red livery which I think was the first paint job back when it was a rear cockpit V12 boat. 1968? raced by Jim McCormick? Anyway just a bizarre sighting. Be more likely to see a Sasquatch.

No pictures of said sitting?

baja-chris

Reaction score
Sorry no camera in hand as we rolled by in the big rig. No place to pull off let alone do a u-turn with 65 feet.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
1000 islands area and the Wooden Boat Museum is down the road in Clayton. Very hip place lots of wooden speed and race boats on display.
Also, can take a ride in a triple cockpit Garwood replica for around $30 bucks.
Not surprised you saw the truck lots of boating history around that area.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Please post pics of the rv trip and where you are camping etc!

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Also when I traveled I that area they had a regatta on the Niagara river race of old race boats. Old gold cup boats (precursors) to hydroplanes etc. even had 1960s Bud hydroplane complete with matching box truck painted to match. That may have beef the truck you saw.

baja-chris

Reaction score
I'm not much of a picture taker. Rolling back into Arizona today after a 15k mile trip. Saw a lot of rural america. Had to change route/schedule twice for hurricanes. My main take aways are that america is full of super nice people. There are way more trees and forests east of the plains that I ever imagined. There is water to excess in the east. There is a drought in corn country, low rivers. Humidity sucks. Flying bugs like mosquitos and such suck. I love the desert and glad to be heading back to the southwest. Just in time to get in some Havasu boating. And I'm pulling out of the Baja 1000 because its going to be another damn loop. Selling race cars, done with that phase.
Will still have a go fast desert toy if Robby MF Gordon ever delivers!