WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wow, It's Weird. Cool, But Still Weird...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
20210822_150820.jpg

Today is a huge day. Moved my daughter, Sierra, into the dorms at Embry Riddle. She's been in the house with us, well, the 17 years she's been around. She's only 15 miles away, but it feels weird. This is the start, four years here, and then the United States Air Force for an unknown amount of time.

I think it's weird on many levels. She's not home...that's weird. I don't know where she'll be, like I have for her entire life. It scares me a bit, never had an "adult"ish kid. I'm really proud of her. Proud of my wife and I for helping her get there.

Scared shitless that I can't help her much now, and that my baby girl isn't a baby anymore. My wife went away to school, so I think she understands how it feels from the other side. She knows about this stuff. College and dorm life is a foreign concept for me.

Big changes here. One less person at the dinner table tonight. Her brothers seem a bit off. Our universe has had a big shift. I know it's for the best, but still feels weird!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Military is short a lot of pi!ots. Giving huge sign on bonus packages to re up. You should be very proud of her to join up!
She's going the route of aeronautical engineering. She likes the how and why, the physics of it I guess. She thought about the flight training stuff, but for the most part, the USAF kind of wants to train their own...I guess Cessnas are different from F-35's? She loves the fighter planes, but knows that's a longshot.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
..:It’ll all be good as long as you took out… What if she smacks her head insurance…on the ceiling ,..when she gets up in the morning…👍

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Good Job Poppa !
i've had a string of texts from friends over the last week dropping their groms off at the dorms . . . all have been positive !
Even my liberal friend who dropped his son off at ASU got laid ! Must've caught his wife in a 'weak moment' ! LOL
FWIW I dated a gal who graduated from Embry Riddle . . . would've never guess she would've been accepted much less graduated.
Connected with her years later and she had already been a flight instructor, had all kinds of certifications, and was in the hiring process for Fed Ex as a pilot.
Great School, be proud !

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
From your posts I’m guessing she’s smart AND wise, a good combination that will take her far! 👍.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Embry Riddle - Damn, you've got a smart one there and that college isn't a liberal haven either, when she gets out she'll actually have a degree that will earn her money.
Congrats!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Florida or Arizona campus?
We're in Prescott Valley...so she's "away" at school...over there...in Prescott.
From your posts I’m guessing she’s smart AND wise, a good combination that will take her far! 👍.
She's far smarter than me or my wife when it comes to math. I can't even tell what they are asking anymore!

HBCraig

Reaction score
View attachment 1041472
Today is a huge day. Moved my daughter, Sierra, into the dorms at Embry Riddle. She's been in the house with us, well, the 17 years she's been around. She's only 15 miles away, but it feels weird. This is the start, four years here, and then the United States Air Force for an unknown amount of time.

I think it's weird on many levels. She's not home...that's weird. I don't know where she'll be, like I have for her entire life. It scares me a bit, never had an "adult"ish kid. I'm really proud of her. Proud of my wife and I for helping her get there.

Scared shitless that I can't help her much now, and that my baby girl isn't a baby anymore. My wife went away to school, so I think she understands how it feels from the other side. She knows about this stuff. College and dorm life is a foreign concept for me.

Big changes here. One less person at the dinner table tonight. Her brothers seem a bit off. Our universe has had a big shift. I know it's for the best, but still feels weird!
Hell yes man. That's a fantastic school. Your daughter is obviously extremely smart. Congrats.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Congrats, I remember dropping my son off in Flagstaff, momma had a tough time. I was ok, but I have no daughters.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
View attachment 1041472

Good job Dad.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Bitter sweet for sure , Congratulations , moved mine at that age to UCSB (Red solo cup "U") , then to UCSD , after Graduation and two kids , shes back working on her doctorate ,,,long journey indeed

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Your right it is weird and cool at the same time, our youngest went into the Air Force a little over a year ago.
I agree with her smile says it all, proud parent moment for sure.