WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"We outnumber them"

4Waters

Reaction score
Not everybody is an IGM type of person. Some pride themselves in leaving something better than they found it! Besides, it’s not about just him or his employer, It’s about our rights!
I know that, I was just referring to the fact he can walk (retire) anytime with 31 years on. I support him and his message 100%

X Hoser

Reaction score
I know that, I was just referring to the fact he can walk (retire) anytime with 31 years on. I support him and his message 100%
I knew that was what you meant, just wanted to make the point it most likely was not for personnel gain. But then again, it may take him out of the drop program if that was in his plans? I still believe he is sincere in his message.

BTW, praying your feeling better and kicking that crap in the A$$!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He needs to leave. Sounds unstable.
Stability is a matter of perception...we once had a stable economy, and a stable presence in a certain country, but some said we had an unstable President. The same people now say we have stability due to our leadership...

I'm really starting to like the "unstable" folk more and more these days.

nowski

Reaction score
31 years, I'd call that a good run on any job.

So what about the guy that only has 10 years on the job, wife, young kids, new home etc. obviously not in a good position to say I've had enough and walk away. I feel the guy's frustration but when someone walks away it's not long till after that position is filled. Unless your in a field where no one in this world has your expertise or skill sets were all expendable...

riverroyal

Reaction score
I thought he sounds like a dick. Like a ‘I’m glad he is not boss’ type.
again, not saying I don’t agree. 6 months he will be retired with a lawsuit to follow

Reactions: DWC

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
31 years, I'd call that a good run on any job.

So what about the guy that only has 10 years on the job, wife, young kids, new home etc. obviously not in a good position to say I've had enough and walk away. I feel the guy's frustration but when someone walks away it's not long till after that position is filled. Unless your in a field where no one in this world has your expertise or skill sets were all expendable...

The point is if everyone not willing to take the jab stands their ground most companies would lose about 40% of their workforce. No company/fire department/city/county can afford that and continue to operate. The problem, as I see it, is getting the unwilling to not blink first.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I know a few that have been a position that they are pushed into a direction that didn’t want to go. It is nice that someone is pushing against the machine.

welldigger00

Reaction score
At some point we all will be faced with a decision of how far they can push. My son has dropped out of his trade school because the mandatory mask/vax. He’s got Tourette’s syndrome, and has a very hard time just being , let alone wearing a mask all day. Fortunately he can work with me, and learn my world. He’s made a stand. He understands what that means. It’s sad to me that my kids are put in this situation, but it is what it is. As the man said, this is not a vax thing, red vs blue thing. This is a government vs us thing. I for one am with this man whole heart. Bring it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The point is if everyone not willing to take the jab stands their ground most companies would lose about 40% of their workforce. No company/fire department/city/county can afford that and continue to operate. The problem, as I see it, is getting the unwilling to not blink first.
Everyone has their motivation to work, be it toys, fun or family. Makes it hard to unify a group with different motivations. I agree though, it would change the dynamic considerably. My brother in laws department was trying to mandate two weeks ago...about 3 holdouts that didn't want to. When asked what he would do, he said he'll get it, and sue later if there were problems. When I told him he has no wife and no kids, his dog can't claim next of kin, he didn't have a response...

Now, let me put my tinfoil hat on: If the vaccine causes mass issues in 6-12 months, and every municipality and military has been forced to take it...should I be learning Russian, or Chinese? I like Chinese food better, but tend to get along better with Russians (they tend to be assailed as well as drunks)

bonesfab

Reaction score
A customer of mine has 18 years with the state as a hospital inspector. They are going to require him to get the jab to remain employed. 2 years from retirement. If you get a fake vax card, the state will terminate you and take away what pension you have. They are not leaving some of these people much choice. He was mentioning walking away and going back to construction. It is not going to be pretty. The only problem is they will probably make the vax mandatory to collect unemployment. That might not be a bad thing if the sterilization part is true. The welfare whores might be shit out of luck.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
31 years working in LA, has risen to the level Captain, is more than likely an advanced Paramedic, has scene & been through a lot.

I‘ll take this mans opinion any day, all day, over some creepy lying slime ball politician like Newsome.

For those that don’t like his delivery…….sorry he offended you.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I don't support mandates, but you take a government job you deal with government bullshit.

Guy has a choice, he can take the Vax or test twice a week....so take the test twice a week.

BFD.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I don't support mandates, but you take a government job you deal with government bullshit.

Guy has a choice, he can take the Vax or test twice a week....so take the test twice a week.

BFD.
Sorry to say the military doesn’t have that choice.

4Waters

Reaction score

BFD.
The problem with what you are saying is he nor I got hired during this shit and it was not a condition for our employment, they want to mandate the vax/testing then that can be a condition for future employees.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The problem with what you are saying is he nor I got hired during this shit and it was not a condition for our employment, they want to mandate the vax/testing then that can be a condition for future employees.

Government has a history of changing per regime and on a whim and I agree that it sucks, but expecting hiring conditions to hold for decades doesnt even seem likely.

Guy acts like he has zero options, but whats so hard about a twice a week test that someone else pays for?

4Waters

Reaction score
Government has a history of changing per regime and on a whim and I agree that it sucks, but expecting hiring conditions to hold for decades doesnt even seem likely.

Guy acts like he has zero options, but whats so hard about a twice a week test that someone else pays for?
He pays for it, we pay for it. It's tax payers money, who's getting rich from this mandate. Follow the money, gates and soros own the company the supplies the tests.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
He pays for it, we pay for it. It's tax payers money, who's getting rich from this mandate. Follow the money, gates and soros own the company the supplies the tests.

Are you saying he has to pay out of his pocket for it?

Or that he/ we all pay for it via taxes? If thats the case we pay for lots of shit Id rather not.

In the case of out of pocket - Insurance covers them (even with our own insurance) and I know he has that.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

BFD.
We have several jobsites that require the mandate. Mostly jobs at medical centers. Some GCs are requiring it on all their projects. 17 of our 37 fitters have the shot. Hasn't been a problem yet.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
At some point we all will be faced with a decision of how far they can push. My son has dropped out of his trade school because the mandatory mask/vax. He’s got Tourette’s syndrome, and has a very hard time just being , let alone wearing a mask all day. Fortunately he can work with me, and learn my world. He’s made a stand. He understands what that means. It’s sad to me that my kids are put in this situation, but it is what it is. As the man said, this is not a vax thing, red vs blue thing. This is a government vs us thing. I for one am with this man whole heart. Bring it.

Evan is one of the ones on my list of the youths that I respect the most. (probably top 3)maybe number one. I definitely get his position and decision given the circumstances and next time I see your boy, I'll give him a high five. You and Melissa did a great job raising him.

X Hoser

Reaction score

BFD.
I don’t think it’s quite that simple. I know of one department that is requiring those not vaccinated to be tested twice a week, on their own time, at their own expense. I believe that is a change in working conditions and is a meet and confer situation. Also, many FFTR’s are not off duty two days a week during fire season. How can they accomplish what is being mandated of them?

The bigger problem I see is there are many in the Fire Service, Law Enforcement, Nursing, EMS, Education and many other professions that will retire earlier than the planned or just out and out quit! Further straining an already strained public service workforce. Lot’s of experience will be leaving abruptly and all at once leaving Fire Stations, Police Units, Hospitals and Ambulances unstaffed. Might have to wait a while if you place a 911 call.

4Waters

Reaction score
Are you saying he has to pay out of his pocket for it?

Or that he/ we all pay for it via taxes? If thats the case we pay for lots of shit Id rather not.

In the case of out of pocket - Insurance covers them (even with our own insurance) and I know he has that.
Taxes is out of my pocket

nowski

Reaction score

You probably don't remember the air traffic controller strike back in the early 80's, that didn't end well for those guys.

Losing 40% of the workforce I'll believe it when I see it. If it ever came to that there would be a mass exodus out of the smaller departments in the state and out of the state to fill those positions. Have you seen what firemen and paramedics are making in other states?

Of that 40% (less than a majority) how many of those guys could survive without a paycheck?

BTW: I have 2 friends that are paramedics and both have taken the jab, I doubt they'll be walking away from their jobs anytime soon...

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
A customer of mine has 18 years with the state as a hospital inspector. They are going to require him to get the jab to remain employed. 2 years from retirement. If you get a fake vax card, the state will terminate you and take away what pension you have. They are not leaving some of these people much choice. He was mentioning walking away and going back to construction. It is not going to be pretty. The only problem is they will probably make the vax mandatory to collect unemployment. That might not be a bad thing if the sterilization part is true. The welfare whores might be shit out of luck.

Damn

Mototrig

Reaction score
I don't care so much about the delivery, some people (myself included) are not eloquent speakers. But he gets the point across and that's what matters to me.

The only way to fight this is as a whole mechanism against the system. Sadly there is no avenue for that kind of formation in our current society. Anyone who speaks out on social media is banned or erased from existence which makes it a not level playing field. With the communication support being so one sided It's almost like 1995 vs 2021.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Because they cannot prove that the tests can ACTUALLY detect CV19....they CAN detect any CV.

No one can determine the difference without specialized equipment in a high end lab.

It's the absolute bullshit lies that keep stacking up, and everyone watches truth and facts get scrubbed off media, but no censure eh?

The way they are using it to control the populace will eventually backfire, and...well then I bet it's not going to be pretty.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Because they cannot prove that the tests can ACTUALLY detect CV19....they CAN detect any CV.

No one can determine the difference without specialized equipment in a high end lab.

It's the absolute bullshit lies that keep stacking up, and everyone watches get scrubbed off media, but no censure eh?

The tests have had issues for sure - like the golfer guy.

Guy still has a choice. Some others dont.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Everyone has their motivation to work, be it toys, fun or family. Makes it hard to unify a group with different motivations. I agree though, it would change the dynamic considerably. My brother in laws department was trying to mandate two weeks ago...about 3 holdouts that didn't want to. When asked what he would do, he said he'll get it, and sue later if there were problems. When I told him he has no wife and no kids, his dog can't claim next of kin, he didn't have a response...

Now, let me put my tinfoil hat on: If the vaccine causes mass issues in 6-12 months, and every municipality and military has been forced to take it...should I be learning Russian, or Chinese? I like Chinese food better, but tend to get along better with Russians (they tend to be assailed as well as drunks)

If there was any sort of reaction after 6 months we'd be seeing it.

I'm 4 months in, nothing has happened yet.

20 years, who knows. Ya'll can tell me I told you so then.

AFA mandating vaccines, I certainly don't support it. But employers make us do bullshit that is far more an outright violation of civil rights than take a shot.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
We have several jobsites that require the mandate. Mostly jobs at medical centers. Some GCs are requiring it on all their projects. 17 of our 37 fitters have the shot. Hasn't been a problem yet.
You are an authoritarian. A useful idiot of fascism. Ironically, you have nothing to gain. Take a look in the mirror, you are the cultist of the operation warp speed.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Most of us get weak and give in .
I’m with this guys message.
It will get to a point where protests and lawsuits will not work and will need more leverage . We need to wake the hell up fast

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You are an authoritarian. A useful idiot of fascism. Ironically, you have nothing to gain. Take a look in the mirror, you are the cultist of the operation warp speed.
Ha Ha. Have we ever meet..lol 😂

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
No. We can drink a beer...and hear each other out...but at the end if the day I will have the courage to tell you to your face that you have lost your liberal way. You neither care for liberty nor are willing to buck the system. It’s called burn out.
Ok DWEB..Save it for the P & G. This thread was going fairly well. ;)

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Most of us get weak and give in .
I’m with this guys message.
It will get to a point where protests and lawsuits will not work and will need more leverage . We need to wake the hell up fast
Most. Some of us assholes must like punishment. I cut my own pay in half over this bioweapon. Home schooled my youngest last year...and I’m ready to pull all 3 if it gets gnarly. I’m not virtuous...just a dude that will not relent. I AM AN AMERICAN...we should all be.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Evan is one of the ones on my list of the youths that I respect the most. (probably top 3)maybe number one. I definitely get his position and decision given the circumstances and next time I see your boy, I'll give him a high five. You and Melissa did a great job raising him.

Thanks Jed. It’s a fucked up world to try and start a new life in. Breaks my heart. He can’t go get a job, and pay rent at 20 years old like we did. That doesn’t exist anymore.

hallett3

Reaction score
Right now LAPD and LAFD have hired lawyers to represent them in a class action. Roughly about 45 percent in both Departments are not vaccinated. La City forcing them next month mandatory for the vaccine. If they stay strong they can beat this mandatory vaccine. It’s approximately 4000 LAPD. Don’t know about FD but it will be huge also. It’s going to be a up hill battle but I hope they win.