WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Semi rant

SoCalDave

Reaction score
WTF is it with them driving in the number 2 lane now. Every where I go there is one in that lane holding up traffic. Hell I even saw one the other day coming home from work on the 5 texting and driving at about 70+ mph. Get in yore legal lane asshole!

4Waters

Reaction score
WTF is it with them driving in the number 2 lane now. Every where I go there is one in that lane holding up traffic. Hell I even saw one the other day coming home from work on the 5 texting and driving at about 70+ mph. Get in yore legal lane asshole!
They like that lane because morons like to merge on the freeway at 30.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Or in the damn fast lane🤬
BDD4FF1E-10EE-481A-9C45-74041BF8E90B.jpeg

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Trucks beat the slow lane to hell and refuse to drive in the pothole and/or broken concrete mess. Now they are working on the next lane over. Lol. While CalTrans stands around leaning against their shovels not fixing anything, Newsom stole the gas tax money to pay for everything but road repair. I think that covers it. :D

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

Lol
Antiquated California traffic laws.
That about covers it.

Dan'l

77charger

Reaction score
Most dont give a shit about blocking or holding up traffic anymore.Look at the grades they purposely pull in front of you last second.Same on the 10 or any 2 lane they see you coming they know they will not pass the one in front and know you can pass both of them leaving them with enough time to pull out to pass but fuck now they will let you come up at 75-80 last second sweep over then begin the 5 mile drag race

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
They like that lane because morons like to merge on the freeway at 30.
Exactly. I have a cdl and drive about 1-3 times a month. Staying in the middle lane in a metro area means more safety for me. Morons always try to merge into the trailer if I am in the right lane.

also most states don’t have a truck lane so

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Are there shitty cdl drivers. Absolutely, but there are shitty drivers of all kinds.

Being mad because 18 wheels is in the middle lane. Well that’s just a bit over the top. I bet he follows all traffic laws as well and never uses his phone as well.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Traffic dlows soo much smoother when trucks are allowed to go the same speed. I don't think there is enough data to show the lower speed limit for trucks is beneficial in much of any way compared to other states that don't have it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Back and forth to Victorville some of the trucks must be governed like 10 miles to pass 😩😩🤬

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Traffic dlows soo much smoother when trucks are allowed to go the same speed. I don't think there is enough data to show the lower speed limit for trucks is beneficial in much of any way compared to other states that don't have it.

It doesn’t at all.

I’ve driven across the USA in the rig and Cali is the only dumb place I’ve been that had a 55 mph. Most trucks are limited on speed but not that low. My truck is 70 mph.

Taboma

Reaction score

The problem I encounter towing our SxS up to our ranch on I-40 in AZ, is this game of I pass, they pass, so on and so forth. I can't just tow at 70, or they'll pass me on the flat or downhill @ 73 -75, then next even slight grade, I'm passing them again. So I end up saying screw it, and tow at 75, so I can put them away in the rear view and end the damned game. The problem is, they can't maintain that same speed.
Here in San Diego it's the same, especially inland, a lot of elevation changes. So the semi's get out a lane or two to avoid the mergers, then are back to crawling up a grade and now everybody is rolling around both sides of them. So it's constantly screwing up any symmetry.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that a lot in the past few months. Pisses me off😡 cuz they’re going like 60mph.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I used to drive big rigs years ago power up the ass it would drive me Fuckn crazy if I had to drive a truck that wouldn’t get out of its own way 🤬🤬🤬🤬

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If its the 40, the semis have already trashed the right hand lane so the fast lane is preferred, same with me, I am in the fast lane all the time until someone comes up to pass then I move over. Also from what I understand most trucks are GPS speed regulated. The 40 is 55 for trucks, if some guy is going 54 and the other truck wants to pass all he has is 55. They cant do 75 for and get around in a hurry.

In our motorhome we are the same level as the driver. The norm is texting or watching movies these days its seem like.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
At least realize you going home or on way to LHC home. That moron driving that rig most likely has no idea when he going home,or who keeping his lady company tonight. Pissing in a jug or dumping thru hole in cab floor what he looking forward to everyday. Far and few between there are still pros out there,mostly on the LA /Las Vegas round trip run,not the 40

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
If its the 40, the semis have already trashed the right hand lane so the fast lane is preferred, same with me, I am in the fast lane all the time until someone comes up to pass then I move over. Also from what I understand most trucks are GPS speed regulated. The 40 is 55 for trucks, if some guy is going 54 and the other truck wants to pass all he has is 55. They cant do 75 for and get around in a hurry.

In our motorhome we are the same level as the driver. The norm is texting or watching movies these days its seem like.
I only watch movies when @FlyByWire is lurking nearby otherwise I’m doing at least 70.😝😂

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
We drive in that lane cause you fuckers don't know how to exit and enter the freeway. It take more than a couple of feet to stop these things and then to get them rolling again. And yes. On a 3 lane we are allowed the 2 and 3 lane. Learn to drive and we can stay in the 3 lane

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
It seems the CHP is in "Free Pass" mode these days with trucks but not folks pulling a boat. Take the 10 Indio to Blythe for instance with their speeds at 70 to 75 on cruise with a CHP in the median just hanging out.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Fuck those assholes. In the 2 on the regular backing shit up 3 wide on the 210 at 7 am and 4 pm. And at least twice a week in the 1keeping the whole road at 68 while they race governors. Regularly cut off by some ass jumping into the number 2 lane.
Ya trucks in the number 1 lane on LA freeways sounds like a great idea during rush hour.
I used to yield, flash lights etc. for truckers. Not anymore, fuck that.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It seems the CHP is in "Free Pass" mode these days with trucks but not folks pulling a boat. Take the 10 Indio to Blythe for instance with their speeds at 70 to 75 on cruise with a CHP in the median just hanging out.

Totally agree chp doesn’t give a fuck anymore. I’ve had them “trying to” pass trucks 4 lanes out coming up the Newhall pass fucking up all the moving traffic And chp just drives right on by. Maybe just to much of an inconvenience. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Totally agree chp doesn’t give a fuck anymore. I’ve had them “trying to” pass trucks 4 lanes out coming up the Newhall pass fucking up all the moving traffic And chp just drives right on by. Maybe just to much of an inconvenience. Who knows.

Yes , I’ve noticed that more and more . Can a CHP on here chime in and let us know why that is such a common infuriating occurrence.

77charger

Reaction score

That is true i drive from peoria to ca twice a month and flow is great on the 10 to the river.I can set cruise at 75-80 and rarely hit the brakes.Once i cross the river its a whole other world the 5 mile drag race begins on the flats 61 trying to pass 60 mph then the truck that got passed has to pass the one that just passed him.

Az they pass pretty quick see 70-75 often on the trucks.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

The benefit is to state coffers, they sell it as being safer because everyone knows it’s better to get run over by a truck at 55 mph then 75 mph.🙄

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
The benefit is to state coffers, they sell it as being safer because everyone knows it’s better to get run over by a truck at 55 mph then 75 mph.🙄

No it’s a relic of the gas embargo. 55 was less consumption.

RVRKID

Reaction score
That is a 3 lane road he is aloud to be in the 2-3 lanes in that situation
No it is actually 4 with the carpool and he is in the fast lane. It is about to open to 5 right there

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
He is in the number 2 lane. Not legal under any case except for passing from the number 3 lane on a 3 lane hwy.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
No it’s a relic of the gas embargo. 55 was less consumption.
If you want to tell yourself that, that’s fine, it’s all about revenue and control. Out-of-state truck drivers are an easy target they just pay the fine $$ and move on in many cases.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It’s only illegal if you get caught.[emoji4]

So very true. But what’s the cost to you as driver when your involved in a wreck and being in an illegal lane. Curious if it’s worth it then. Again not sayin I agree with the ca 55 law

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
It’s the truck on a two lane highway that waits until almost the very last second of my approach (at speed) and then pulls directly in front of me that sucks. It typically happens on a grade and often takes several minutes for him to inch past the other truck.

I use to be much more accommodating and civil to truckers but it seems that many no longer give a shit.

Now a days when this happens, if a reasonable distance remains between the two trucks, I shift to the right, blow by under full throttle and squeeze back in on the left.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
If you want to tell yourself that, that’s fine, it’s all about revenue and control. Out-of-state truck drivers are an easy target they just pay the fine $$ and move on in many cases.

Sure I can see that as an after effect but the original purpose was federal and across the land. Cali just didn’t change it for trucks

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Sure I can see that as an after effect but the original purpose was federal and across the land. Cali just didn’t change it for trucks
All I know is it seems to me the states that still have split speed limits are doing it solely for revenue generation.