WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Grant Langston leaves AMA Pro Moto booth over covid rules.

236eagledave

Reaction score
Langston quits effective immediately over COVID vax rules

Below is Langston’s official announcement.

“A couple people in the TV compound tested positive for COVID-19. So I just found out even though if I get a negative test back I still can not go to the race this weekend at Ironman because I have not been vaccinated.

“If you get a negative test and have been vaccinated you can go. So in my opinion it’s not really about COVID, it’s about the vaccine. This is coming to me that its the new CDC guidelines not necessarily MAV, Lucas or NBC. So it’s a pretty unfortunate situation.

“With that said, they did tell me I could come to the final two events. I must say I’m a little frustrated that with a negative test I still cannot go. So after a lot of thought I have made the decision to quit Pro Motocross announcing effective immediately. It’s a pity it has to end this way. It was a great run, almost eight seasons. Thanks everyone for the kind words and all the compliments over the years, its meant a lot to me.”

DBMX

Reaction score
Just saw that.... Seemed a bit extreme to bail like that over what essentially is one race. I'm wondering if he was planning on leaving at the end of the year anyway?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see who they replace him with. Thinking maybe JT$ or getting Emig back in the booth. Shame to lose GL, he and Weege had a lot of chemistry

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Just bought my rzr from him a few months back too the time to talk too me while I was there and even gave me a 500 dollar gift card

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
loved Langston's commentary, some much needed humor needed in motocross. hope he comes back.
I agree. When he gave keys to the race it’s always different . Everyone else says stupid crap like “ get the hotshot and remember to breath” would give spot on descriptions of the tracks . Good for him to take a stand. My hat is off

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see who they replace him with. Thinking maybe JT$ or getting Emig back in the booth. Shame to lose GL, he and Weege had a lot of chemistry
They will probably get the GOAT to sit in for the last rounds

DBMX

Reaction score
loved Langston's commentary, some much needed humor needed in motocross. hope he comes back.
Her and Weege are (were) awesome together. Great chemistry. He will be missed on the broadcasts for sure.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
They will probably get the GOAT to sit in for the last rounds

I'm so used to there being a conflict between the FS1 supercross crew and the NBC outdoor crew, forgot it is all NBC Sports now.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
He doesn’t want any masks in his dealership either. He’s got some bad ass bikes in the back being restored along with the others on display in the shop. He’s got an extremely cool 70’s converted water cooled bike being restored now. GL is as chill as they come.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I hope the goat does not fill in. He sucks.
Too bad, GL is the best announcer in all MX right now

On the flip side. If he was within 6ft of the positive guys for a combined time of 15 minutes or more you need to quarantine for 10 days .
Trust me ive had to do it
So was he around them? This is a work related guideline, the difference is he doesn't need that pay check. The rest of us would most like take 2 weeks off rhen return

Riverryder

Reaction score

hearing JT on pulp doubt he’s vaccinated also so his negative test won’t either. Emig seems to me that he might be anti vaccine aswell. Rc is probably who will be which sucks.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Can’t say I blame Grant. This whole deal has become more about the Vaccine over the Disease. We’re talking about a vaccine that doesn’t stop you from actually getting this disease mind you. I respect him A LOT for standing up for his individual freedom to choose what is right for him. We need more like him!!

DBMX

Reaction score
I'm so used to there being a conflict between the FS1 supercross crew and the NBC outdoor crew, forgot it is all NBC Sports now.
I think the conflict was more with a couple of higher ups at Feld (SX owner) not wanting to support a series they didn't own. There were years where they acted like the outdoor didn't exist on TV and if they mentioned it they called it "the summer series". 😂 There was a change up a few years back with someone leaving and that mindset has changed.

Duramax

Reaction score
RC has improved a ton! I don't think he is really that bad anymore. Weege is awesome.

DBMX

Reaction score
RC has improved a ton! I don't think he is really that bad anymore. Weege is awesome.
I agree... RC was A LOT better this year. He's clearly been putting in a lot of effort to improve.

Weege is so awesome. He can do play by play on anything. He was awesome calling this eatcing contest a few years back. "Now this is a spec class...."

EmpirE231

Reaction score

Weege's announcing is good for a base level fan....... he's a bit extra (which you have to be when announcing)
Langston was good for the real fans / people who actually ride dirtbikes and know racing.... he gives that other side of it

RC has gotten better, but still kinda dry / awkward

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I agree... RC was A LOT better this year. He's clearly been putting in a lot of effort to improve.

Weege is so awesome. He can do play by play on anything. He was awesome calling this eatcing contest a few years back. "Now this is a spec class...."

Jesus Matthes used to be fat, he did a great job slimming down and getting healthy

TCHB

Reaction score
Replaced just like that. I have a younger friend just offered a Senior VP spot for a good side power company that required proof that he was vaccinated. He was and now his $450K annual compensation begins.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Emig bores me, he's better now but still not there. Ricky is a kick, not scripted, seat of the pants.........just like he rode

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever seen the video with fro and the goat. They were going over wins and overall stats. Ricky really beat him up. I’ll look for it

cakemoto

Reaction score
A0CD46E8-8DE3-4920-9B3A-C3590B3A4B21.png

See ya