LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
My good sub is a 2019 watch
Only for dress and special occasions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We stopped into a watch store a few weeks back, been wanting a Breitling for some reason even though I never wear my Rolex. We started talking about my watch, a two tone submariner, I was floored buy how much they are worth these days, close to double what I paid for it 15 years or so ago. I guess it’s the same thing as boats and f150’s these days.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
IMG_0576.jpg

Want the blue faced Daytona so bad. Went to buy it when we sold our last house. I assumed it would be close to what other Daytona’s were selling for at that time…… I was wrong. Nice sales lady pulled it out of the case. Little tag said $75,000.00. Twice as much as I was thinking.
That was about 10 years ago. Looked again recently, now their going for 125-150k
Holly F balls!

Still sporting my same old Explorer II. Love the watch, and it’s doubled in value. Never have lost money with a Rolex [emoji106]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
View attachment 1038137
Want the blue faced Daytona so bad. Went to buy it when we sold our last house. I assumed it would be close to what other Daytona’s were selling for at that time…… I was wrong. Nice sales lady pulled it out of the case. Little tag said $75,000.00. Twice as much as I was thinking.
That was about 10 years ago. Looked again recently, now their going for 125-150k
Holly F balls!

Still sporting my same old Explorer II. Love the watch, and it’s doubled in value. Never have lost money with a Rolex [emoji106]

That’s badass. Blue face is white gold. That’s pricey. I bought my Daytona in 2010 for retail at Jared, 11,600 I think. It’s worth 25k now. I don’t ever wear it though. I wear my iwatch. I have two Breightlings I never wear either. I wanted a 46 Blue face Navitimer. It’s like wearing a brick on my arm. Way too big and heavy. Lol. I’m over watches at this point. Told my son he can have my Daytona so it’s put away for him when he won’t sell it.

golakers

Reaction score
That’s badass. Blue face is white gold. That’s pricey. I bought my Daytona in 2010 for retail at Jared, 11,600 I think. It’s worth 25k now. I don’t ever wear it though. I wear my iwatch. I have two Breightlings I never wear either. I wanted a 46 Blue face Navitimer. It’s like wearing a brick on my arm. Way too big and heavy. Lol. I’m over watches at this point. Told my son he can have my Daytona so it’s put away for him when he won’t sell it.

Apple watch is all I wear, thats why I sold my Submariner

Taboma

Reaction score
I got this one last year at the Wynn. I really want a sky dweller but it’s impossible to find and this one was my second choice. Walked in the Rolex store and they just put it on display. Guy said the salesmen are calling their previous customers and it’ll be gone in the next hour. I didn’t let that happen lol.

Got this one couple weeks ago at the Hublot store in Caesar’s shops. This one is limited and I got the last one in all of North America. Just lucky timing as it’s a collectible. I’m in Maui right now and I walked into the Rolex store with it on and a guy wanted to buy it off me.

View attachment 1037719

Oh The Horror, you've just got to get those Hublot cover screws aligned 😖 How can you even look at it ? 🤪 ;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
View attachment 1038137
Holly F balls!

Here ya go.
In platinum [emoji106]

IMG_7368.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Here ya go.
In platinum [emoji106]

View attachment 1038304

I know. Just just crazy. Used to think Rolex’s were the shit still I was educated on a few of the finer things. Such as Patek’s.

Rolex are the DCB’s of the Boating world.
A lot of bling, work really well, hold their value when times are good, total status symbols.

Patek’s are the MTI, and Skaters [emoji23][emoji23]
For the Gentlemen with Fuck You money, that want the Very Best……

LoL. Wait for it….. wait for it.

pronstar

Reaction score
I know. Just just crazy. Used to think Rolex’s were the shit still I was educated on a few of the finer things. Such as Patek’s.

A lot of bling, work really well, hold their value when times are good, total status symbols.

For sure.

At the end of the day, a Rolex is generally a tool watch. A very nice tool.

Brands like Patek, AP, A. Lange & Sohne…these are really more “luxury” watches than Rolex.

Then there’s brand recognition among the public…
At the end of the day, you could wear a Patek to a cocktail party but the guy wearing the Rolex will get all the attention LOL

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I had a milestone birthday and a milestone wedding anniversary this year, and wanted to get myself a submariner to commemorate both. I was fortunate to have a local Rolex AD find a 41mm submariner for me which I was able to buy at MSRP. Market value for that watch now is almost 50% over MSRP which is crazy to me. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring and my watch, so I want to have something nice on my wrist. It's good to know that I should always be able to sell my watch for at least what I paid for it. I have a 20 year old datejust that is worth more now than what is cost 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Try therealreal.com, my wife buys and sells a lot of her authentic purses on there, when you send product in, they verify it’s authenticity before they list it on their site, and guarantee it.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
We stopped into a watch store a few weeks back, been wanting a Breitling for some reason even though I never wear my Rolex. We started talking about my watch, a two tone submariner, I was floored buy how much they are worth these days, close to double what I paid for it 15 years or so ago. I guess it’s the same thing as boats and f150’s these days.
What Breitling are you looking for?

McKay

Reaction score

Baby Blue dial is usually platinum.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
For sure.

At the end of the day, a Rolex is generally a tool watch. A very nice tool.

Brands like Patek, AP, A. Lange & Sohne…these are really more “luxury” watches than Rolex.

Then there’s brand recognition among the public…
At the end of the day, you could wear a Patek to a cocktail party but the guy wearing the Rolex will get all the attention LOL

Patek and AP have all the athletes and rappers all over them, driving their values up and up. For your "luxury" category, I formally petition that you add JLC and Vacheron Constantine. Its true though, you would walk in to a party with a real monster Perpetual calendar/moon phase/minute repeater/alarm JLC and no one would even care after you explain it, but a submariner would steal the show. Don't get me wrong, a panda daytona does something for me and I have always liked the sub, but like anything else, unless you are a true enthusiast, most can't tell the difference in things and only know a couple of brands. Most people would see an Apache and a Baja and think they are equivalent, hell, if I am honest, most could look at a twin turbo schiada and an old bayliner and not know much, besides the fact they have maybe heard the name bayliner.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Baby Blue dial is usually platinum.

That makes more sense. I think white gold blue face is 50/60k. The platinum is way above my pay grade. I’ve never even seen one in person at a store, and I always walk through any Rolex dealers store if I’m around one.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Patek and AP have all the athletes and rappers all over them, driving their values up and up. For your "luxury" category, I formally petition that you add JLC and Vacheron Constantine. Its true though, you would walk in to a party with a real monster Perpetual calendar/moon phase/minute repeater/alarm JLC and no one would even care after you explain it, but a submariner would steal the show. Don't get me wrong, a panda daytona does something for me and I have always liked the sub, but like anything else, unless you are a true enthusiast, most can't tell the difference in things and only know a couple of brands. Most people would see an Apache and a Baja and think they are equivalent, hell, if I am honest, most could look at a twin turbo schiada and an old bayliner and not know much, besides the fact they have maybe heard the name bayliner.

AP, PP, VC are known in the industry as the trinity, JLC makes it a quadrinity
JLC should displace VC.

Reversos steal the show when/If you get to show them...

Those unknowing believe Rolex at the top which you correctly state is not.

TOBTEK

Reaction score

Haven’t even heard of these other pieces. G.D Ballers [emoji2957]
Been sitting in the Hospital for a week, and now few more days…… good stuff to look up and dream about. After a new M28 with 450’s of course…

Outdrive1

Reaction score
JLC should displace VC.

Rolex is a working mans watch. Except for a few rare pieces.

I don’t know why I want one of these, but I’m intrigued by the gps aspect of it. [emoji2373]

IMG_1752.png

McKay

Reaction score
That makes more sense. I think white gold blue face is 50/60k. The platinum is way above my pay grade. I’ve never even seen one in person at a store, and I always walk through any Rolex dealers store if I’m around one.

Tried one on in early 2014 I believe. Nice watch and heavy. Much heavier than my all gold sub. They were not selling well back then from what I remember as it was offered to me at just under 60K from what I remember.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Haven’t even heard of these other pieces. G.D Ballers [emoji2957]
Been sitting in the Hospital for a week, and now few more days…… good stuff to look up and dream about. After a new M28 with 450’s of course…

Great site and info.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
JLC should displace VC.

Reverso Duoface of some sort will be my next purchase. I have slowed down on it though as I am not suited up and traveling as much as before, and this was perfect for a formal with a second time zone function and a unique piece ticking the enthusiast box.

JIF03l83caCb.gif

reverso1.jpg
reverso2.jpg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Reverso Duoface of some sort will be my next purchase. I have slowed down on it though as I am not suited up and traveling as much as before, and this was perfect for a formal with a second time zone function and a unique piece ticking the enthusiast box.

JIF03l83caCb.gif

View attachment 1038538 View attachment 1038539

Superb machines.

Have 2 and there is 1 more in the house.

I have the REVERSO GMT, and REVERSO Gran Sport Chrono
Mrs Uncle Dave has the ladies Reverso
Hers is not mine, so I say its "in the house".

Way less boring that dads Patek Calatrava.

(If I dont capitalize it the computer/ site will not allow me to spell it correctly regardless of what I do)

Dave

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Superb machines.

Have 2 and there is 1 more in the house.

I have the REVERSO GMT, and REVERSO Gran Sport Chrono
Mrs Uncle Dave has the ladies Reverso
Hers is not mine, so I say its "in the house".

Way less boring that dads Patek Calatrava.

(If I dont capitalize it the computer/ site will not allow me to spell it correctly regardless of what I do)

Dave

Oh my that Gran Sport Chrono checks all the boxes, not as formal so can wear more often, but then isn't formal for what I already wanted it for. Damn, so I guess I need two reverso's in my life now :)

TOBTEK

Reaction score

JIF03l83caCb.gif

View attachment 1038538 View attachment 1038539

That’s beautiful……. But I’d break that in a week or less flipping it non stop.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
What about on Amazon? What up with the "Datejust" ones? Entry level? Look kind of small, like for women small.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Oh my that Gran Sport Chrono checks all the boxes, not as formal so can wear more often, but then isn't formal for what I already wanted it for. Damn, so I guess I need two reverso's in my life now :)

just know if you get started - the desire to keep going is like a sickness.

That’s beautiful……. But I’d break that in a week or less flipping it non stop.

Actually you wouldn't (unless you set out to break it)
You'd put some wear on it, but it's machined and designed like a quality firearm. (think colt python)
You would play with it endlessly like we all do.
There are a series of satisfying clicks and detents in the movement that make it enormously gratifying to flip.

The original reverso had a metal back face and its reason for being was to take a hit from a polo ball or mallet. Glass or sapphire cyrystal watches will almost always crack.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score

So, if you have a pontoon what watch do you have...?

-Tony

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Just got an Update on my White Face...Some one should have bought it for 7500.
They just raised the the asking at 13K I get 11500. when sold Fucking Keep Going Baby...!!!

farmo83

Reaction score
When I was in grad school we went to China on a trip. We all bought fake watches, Breitling, Rolex, Omega, Tag Hauer, etc. A friend of mine had a real Omega and would wear that around and if he had to go to a work event he would wear the fake Sub Mariner he bought in China. He was on a business trip and had them both out on the bathroom counter and housekeeping stole the fake Rolex and left his real Omega. I think we paid around 20-30 bucks for them.

traquer

Reaction score
When I was in grad school we went to China on a trip. We all bought fake watches, Breitling, Rolex, Omega, Tag Hauer, etc. A friend of mine had a real Omega and would wear that around and if he had to go to a work event he would wear the fake Sub Mariner he bought in China. He was on a business trip and had them both out on the bathroom counter and housekeeping stole the fake Rolex and left his real Omega. I think we paid around 20-30 bucks for them.
Wow you have a very trusting friend! I always put my watch and laptop/harddrive in the safe or in my luggage.

farmo83

Reaction score
Wow you have a very trusting friend! I always put my watch and laptop/harddrive in the safe or in my luggage.

I know right ! I had a fake Breitling that I think lasted about a year.

nameisbond

Reaction score
My brother bought a bunch of high quality fakes in Thailand 15 years ago. Various brand names. The Rolex's lasted about a year. His fake Breitling and Porsche Designs are still working. He wears the Porsche Design.

Flippindough

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the insight. Went to another local dealer and they said most likely two years before I could get a watch. Insane!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the insight. Went to another local dealer and they said most likely two years before I could get a watch. Insane!

I think that might just be that dealer. They are out there, probably just going to take more time and effort in finding one. Good luck!

pronstar

Reaction score
Right now I am in search of a screaming deal on a Hamilton Pilot Day Date, I can get for like 30% off on Jomashop, but either want to pay that with a real warranty or less for a lightly used one with mfr warranty ticking. I missed a chance when Macy's had a sale it applied to them, so I am sure that is an option that would pop back up.

That's not a very expensive piece, but the next real item I am looking for is a reverso duoface, and finally narrowing down which Speedy moonwatch I want.

Like this?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Like this?

This one, very similar, its a newer design I believe and can be spotted quickly with the day being at 12 o'clock and date at 6.

hamilton-pilot-day-date-automatic-black-dial-men_s-watch-h64615135.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
So who has the connection on the knock off's? ;)
Used to have a great connection to a high end website (PerfectWatches) that used all SWISS movements. The replicas were 6-800 dollars. I still have a few and they are pretty must undesignable to the untrained persons including some of my watch friends. I enjoy wearing my replica Breitling or Submariner when boating or sports etc. to avoid losing my real ones. I would still be pissed to lose the replicas to be honest. They are amazing. I have never been able to find the same since.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
image.jpg

This is my fav and most expensive . I have a bunch of watches and my second favorite one is one of the cheapest. It’s a Nixon watch but had the tides on it also. Comes in handy why boating

pronstar

Reaction score
This one, very similar, its a newer design I believe and can be spotted quickly with the day being at 12 o'clock and date at 6.

View attachment 1043927

Saw a few that have recently sold for ~$500, but nothing currently for sale.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Saw a few that have recently sold for ~$500, but nothing currently for sale.

Thanks man, yeah, I can buy new from AD for $700, but if something used at $500 pops up in good shape, I will snap it up. I should just buy new and be done with it, but its not important enough of a piece to me to need it now, we will see if something used at 500 pops up.

My head is still swimming over what speedy moonwatch I really want and what I will pay for it, that one I am taking much more seriously.

pronstar

Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah, I can buy new from AD for $700, but if something used at $500 pops up in good shape, I will snap it up. I should just buy new and be done with it, but its not important enough of a piece to me to need it now, we will see if something used at 500 pops up.

My head is still swimming over what speedy moonwatch I really want and what I will pay for it, that one I am taking much more seriously.

Which moon watch you looking at?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I think I want the 2020 sapphire one.
Reference # 311.33.42.30.01.002 I believe, or this might be with leather strap, stupid Omega references, anyway, last years model on bracelet with sapphire as opposed to hesalite.