WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Snowbird renters Havasu

NoOtherWay

Reaction score
Thinking about renting to Snowbirds this Fall and winter. Where would be a good place to spread the word or post a rental listing besides Zillow and Black Bear Diner ๐Ÿ˜. TIA

Last edited:

FishSniper

Reaction score
Thinking about renting to Snowbirds this Fall and winter. Where would be a good place to spread the word or post a rental listing besides Zillow? TIA.
Were thinking of doing the same and have heard VRBO works well to find snowbirds.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just suck up the VRBO fee, find a good renter and either rent to them through VRBO the first time, or if you talk to them and are comfortable, conduct the rental transaction outside VRBO.

VRBO will work either way you do it. If you go through VRBO understand the fees and price your rental accordingly.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Thinking about renting to Snowbirds this Fall and winter. Where would be a good place to spread the word or post a rental listing besides Zillow and Black Bear Diner ๐Ÿ˜. TIA
We used a rental agency. They market the house in the snowbird areas and manage the property. Usually take 10%.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿšค
Reaction score
Yeah, rent your place out. The river SUX in the winter. All the wheeling and non existing bar lines are bullshit! ๐Ÿคฃ
Not to say, get out your calendar and try and figure out what to do ANY weekend in the winter. This place has more things going on it's hard to keep up.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Here is who we used, wasn't very expensive, maybe $175 for annual deal and you control everything on your listing and available calendar.

Lots of hits allowing a chance to screen/interview, they push it out to like 30+ sites.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It amazes me that people are ok with strangers living in their homes. Iโ€™d never rent out my home. But I guess people do weird shit for money.
I started renting my homes in Havasu to Snowbirds 35 years ago. Never had a problem. I was 26 and needed the income to help make the payment. Back then there wasn't a lot to do in the winter time. I would never rent to weekenders. Only snowbirds.

samsah33

Reaction score
Winter snowbirds pay for summer boating. Monthlies only, they take care of the house and property and don't piss off the neighbors. I use Debbie at Copper Canyon, good rates and good service.

NoOtherWay

Reaction score
Yeah, rent your place out. The river SUX in the winter. All the wheeling and non existing bar lines are bullshit! ๐Ÿคฃ

Can't knock on that!

No bar lines in the Caribbean either. Actually, a waiter brings me an "Iceburg" or a rum and coke while I lay back in a beach chair on a white sand beach smoking cigars.

Stay thirsty my friend.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Most of these homes are vacation homes. I dont see the big deal.

Now, if you asked me to rent out my boat or car, or any toy, oh hell no!

Thatโ€™s EXACTLY my point. I would never rent out my home. Vacation or otherwise. Letting nasty fuckers in is disgusting. No thanks. If itโ€™s a full time rental, then no problem..... it is what it is..... a business. But for me, no way in hell would people I do not know live in my home When Iโ€™m not there. Like I said, people do weird shit for money.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Thatโ€™s EXACTLY my point. I would never rent out my home. Vacation or otherwise. Letting nasty fuckers in is disgusting. No thanks. If itโ€™s a full time rental, then no problem..... it is what it is..... a business. But for me, no way in hell would people I do not know live in my home When Iโ€™m not there. Like I said, people do weird shit for money.
My thoughts exactly.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
FYI...Never had a snowbird that I would consider a "Nasty Fucker" :rolleyes: Havasu survives in the winter with the snowbird renters. Been that way for 40 years. ;)

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
FYI...Never had a snowbird that I would consider a "Nasty Fucker" :rolleyes: Havasu survives in the winter with the snowbird renters. Been that way for 40 years. ;)

Pretty funny actually, the snowbirds talk about those nasty summer people. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Pretty funny actually, the snowbirds talk about those nasty summer people. ๐Ÿ˜‚
bean.jpg

snowboat

Reaction score
Stay away from Destination Havasu, ask me how I know. Jeanette Clayton at Havasu Vacation Rentals did fine by me for six years.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It amazes me that people are ok with strangers living in their homes. Iโ€™d never rent out my home. But I guess people do weird shit for money.
If you do the math when your rent to Snowbirds 4 months a year and Holiday Weekends at the over inflated prices people get now it pretty much pays the mortgage for the year. (Ie; Free Summer House ๐Ÿ˜€)

PlanB

Reaction score
If you do the math when your rent to Snowbirds 4 months a year and Holiday Weekends at the over inflated prices people get now it pretty much pays the mortgage for the year. (Ie; Free Summer House ๐Ÿ˜€)

We don't rent anymore, but that's pretty much what we used to do. Add in the Jet Ski World Finals (get a months rent for 10 days) and the mortgage for the year was pretty much paid.

When our place was a rental we also had cheap furniture, dishware, etc... Now that we don't rent anymore all that stuff has been upgraded. We are also putting more money into the house itself because we are the only ones in it.

Like was mentioned above, the winters in Havasu were blue hairs only. It was dead out there with not much to do. I can remember running up the gorge (before Pirates Cove was there) and stressing about breaking down because we were the only boat on the water. Totally different place today than it was 20 years ago.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

This.

If you bought 10 years ago or 20+ years ago the snowbird rental alone pays for damn near the entire year. Our 3 month snowbird rental covers nearly 8 months of costs.

We didnโ€™t rent to snowbirds this year, and it was nice using our place year round, but I did miss the checks lol. They take care of the place like we do.

Last edited:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

Im plenty comfortable making money other ways. No need to turn my home into a motel.

Let It Ride

Reaction score
I tried to use her but could never get her to come through, very nice woman though.....
I would never use her ever again ( JEANETTE CLAYTON) I have plenty of stories, I mean experiences to tell.
use KATHY GOMEZ with COLDWELL BANKER 928-208-6005

Last edited:

FishSniper

Reaction score
People that are renting to snowbirds whatโ€™s your opinion on the better route VRBO and deal with it yourself or is it worth the ten percent to go with someone to manage it ?

PlanB

Reaction score
We ditched the rental agency once we had established birds that came back every year. The rental agency was worthless anytime we needed anything so it was much easier to just rent it direct.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

It's the summer renters that are the nasty fuckers. Have you not seen the caliber of people here in the summer?๐Ÿ˜‚
Honestly, the snowbirds leave your place nicer than what you left it. I mean, how rowdy do you think a Bridge game party can get?๐Ÿ˜„ It's over by 7pm.
I originally had the same heebie-jeebie feeling about having someone in my home but the experience over the last 18 years has been nothing but positive.
Some serious Pro's from my perspective:
1. The house isn't sitting vacant, theft target.
2. The house is monitored for failures(plumbing, etc)
3. Large percentage of annual expenses are covered.
4. Lacking household items or utensils magically appear.
5. Never get neighbors calling to complain about loud parties ๐Ÿ˜‹.

FishSniper

Reaction score
It's the summer renters that are the nasty fuckers. Have you not seen the caliber of people here in the summer?๐Ÿ˜‚
Honestly, the snowbirds leave your place nicer than what you left it. I mean, how rowdy do you think a Bridge game party can get?๐Ÿ˜„ It's over by 7pm.
I originally had the same heebie-jeebie feeling about having someone in my home but the experience over the last 18 years has been nothing but positive.
Some serious Pro's from my perspective:
1. The house isn't sitting vacant, theft target.
2. The house is monitored for failures(plumbing, etc)
3. Large percentage of annual expenses are covered.
4. Lacking household items or utensils magically appear.
5. Never get neighbors calling to complain about loud parties ๐Ÿ˜‹.
This is our thinking wonโ€™t do the short term summer stuff but considering the snowbird thing.

instagator

Reaction score
You wonder who pissed where , or where a load was shot.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You wonder who pissed where , or where a load was shot.
Lol, do you think about that when at hotels too?
Yeah, it's a "never lay on comforter or lounging chair w/o a towel" rule for me๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜
The snowbirds are generally very normal & respectable folks.

instagator

Reaction score
Lol, do you think about that when at hotels too?
Yeah, it's a "never lay on comforter or lounging chair w/o a towel" rule for me๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜
The snowbirds are generally very normal & respectable folks.
I rented to Snow birds thru Havasu properties and worked out great. VRBO renters some of my Friends, I wouldn't rent to them, They have told me what goes on! And thats only if they can remember the next day......Hotels I bring my own sheets and blanket, throw there shit on the floor.

instagator

Reaction score
It would be awful if a Snowbird croaked in your rental, thats what i was thinking

instagator

Reaction score
well the upside is in AZ you donโ€™t have to disclose it when you sell.. lol
Thats funny, when i bought this house in havi, they disclosed it had to be all re done because the renters from past years were cooking meth, new drywall ect... Maybe
if the meth guy dies in the house you wouldn't have to disclose anything. LOL

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I rented to Snow birds thru Havasu properties and worked out great. VRBO renters some of my Friends, I wouldn't rent to them, They have told me what goes on! And thats only if they can remember the next day......Hotels I bring my own sheets and blanket, throw there shit on the floor.
Absolutely no way I'd take in short term renters. There's a couple on our street and holy hell we've seen some fkd up shit go down...but honestly people having a good time doesn't piss me off it's when you seen 8-10 cars and 25 people sharing the house you know it's getting abused. I think it became an issue for one neighbor cuz they quit renting it out. Lol, the only bummer about them not renting anymore is not being able to eyeball some of the hot ass females๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜Ž

PlanB

Reaction score
It would be awful if a Snowbird croaked in your rental, thats what i was thinking

That was the final straw to getting rid of our birds. They started in their late 60's and were almost 80 when we stopped renting. I told my wife we were selling the house if one of them died in it. Lol...