TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’re up in Silicon Valley and have been running
06FA5412-018E-4369-B401-9ECE3A2B56EC.jpeg
4A869B89-05F7-41BC-A849-256088B68868.jpeg
2AEEC081-334B-46F8-B0E8-EAC47036DFB5.jpeg

Engine performance is excellent.
Seems like a lot fewer regens and maybe less Def drinking too.

But I could be wrong. Different driving conditions than we usually do.

Available at some COSTCOs and some 76’s.

DWC

Reaction score
There was some feedback/thread that it gummed up filters/etc. I pulled up to a station last week with it. I left and found regular ole diesel until i found out more

hallett21

Reaction score
Is this the one made from algae?

I’ve heard the complaints about gumming up filters etc. But it seems like this stuff is cleaner burning and better for the fuel system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Seems like the same stuff as Propel Diesel HPR. I run the Propel in my truck with no issues

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We’re up in Silicon Valley and have been running
View attachment 1044587 View attachment 1044588 View attachment 1044589

Engine performance is excellent.
Seems like a lot fewer regens and maybe less Def drinking too.

But I could be wrong. Different driving conditions than we usually do.

Available at some COSTCOs and some 76’s.
We only had renewable diesel in HI..other than filter issues I never had a problem...filters just gotta be changed more frequently.

HPBoats83

Reaction score

RodnJen

Reaction score
I've run a few tanks through. Seems to work just fine.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
When you guys say filters are you talking dpf filters or fuel filters?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

C08H18

Reaction score
Just ran two tanks and SEEMS like mileage dropped. Will try and check

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
When you guys say filters are you talking dpf filters or fuel filters?

Fuel filters...the "new" DPF systems do not haven't same issues as say a 5-10 year old one.

I did just bust a drive shaft UNLOADED on my 3500 (2020) coming back from havasu yesterday in BFE west texas...we'll see how that goes.

hallett21

Reaction score
Fuel filters...the "new" DPF systems do not haven't same issues as say a 5-10 year old one.

I did just bust a drive shaft UNLOADED on my 3500 (2020) coming back from havasu yesterday in BFE west texas...we'll see how that goes.

Like sheared in half?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

Did you have the infamous Ram vibration that a lot of the trucks- especially Mega Cabs- have at 75+ MPH?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Did you have the infamous Ram vibration that a lot of the trucks- especially Mega Cabs- have at 75+ MPH?
I'll post more pics tomorrow...its damn near midnight in TX and im beat. It was this random "balancer ring" that came apart. I had a slight vibration out side of phx that I felt...got out and heavily looked through the truck. Didn't see anything...anyone that knows me knows that im anal as fuck about my vehicles. I had just got new tires so I suspected one slightly out of balance. Roughly 500-700 miles later a loud thud..then what felt like a cell phone vibration through the entire truck till I stopped.

It was an ordeal...especially with "2 dogs, and the fuckin hamster" lol

I highly appreciate TX DPS State Trooper Mike Thompson...he was awesome..had a full set of tools on his Tahoe and helped me to get on my way.. One of the best parts of living in Texas is guys like him.

tempImageu9L36D.jpg

Last edited:

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Not the first I’ve heard of that happening. I’ve seen others remove the ring and keep going. Not sure if that is an option in your situation.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Not the first I’ve heard of that happening. I’ve seen others remove the ring and keep going. Not sure if that is an option in your situation.

With the help of the trooper and 4 bungee cords..I got on my way. I'm going to do something really nice for him, and his trooper station in Ozona.. He got down and dirty helping me...and it said a lot about him. If we hadn't gotten it fixed he was going to drive to get water for the dogs while I waited for a tow. I was under 3 miles from my gas/water stop. I got two follow up calls to make sure I was OK once I got back on the road..

The only two times I've ever encountered the texas state troopers were during a breakdown...they stop and render aid...

I was in contact with blue bonnet dodge in NB, and their shop manager. We got it handled to avoid a tow. We're just waiting on parts now.

Last edited:

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

Hmmm, wonder how that would effect my 2011 LML. I have supplemental filters, big lift pump, and kennedy wrote me tune to retard my egr/dpf/def.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Hmmm, wonder how that would effect my 2011 LML. I have supplemental filters, big lift pump, and kennedy wrote me tune to retard my egr/dpf/def.

You should have enough filtration to use the fuel, but keep an eye on the filters, they will probably require more frequent changes. I think the newer 6.7 furds are the trucks that warn not to use the biodiesel. IIRC, TPC has a ‘20 Chevy Dmax.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

When Brianna was at U of Hawaii Manoa with her x5-d she went through filters fast...pretty much all bio diesel there. they were nasty when pulled. She wanted the hybrid this round,..a lot due to this.

Last edited:

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
When Brianna was at U of Hawaii Manoa with her x5-d she went through filters fast...pretty much all bio diesel there. there were nasty when pulled. She wanted the hybrid this round,..a lot due to this.
Good to know, I'll keep to my standard low sulfur, but if in a pinch atleast I can burn this pond water stuff

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Love how they say it's not biodiesel. But in reality it still is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TPC

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Since this is a diesel thread.... just picked up a new 2500 HD duramax. Been out of the diesel world for awhile. Is one DEF better than others? Any brand to avoid?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Since this is a diesel thread.... just picked up a new 2500 HD duramax. Been out of the diesel world for awhile. Is one DEF better than others? Any brand to avoid?

Costco has the Peak boxes for like 9-10$. I buy that...I've used the love's brand as well in a pinch.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Avoid the Walmart cheap o stuff.
I use Peak and peak premium.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When Brianna was at U of Hawaii Manoa with her x5-d she went through filters fast...pretty much all bio diesel there. they were nasty when pulled. She wanted the hybrid this round,..a lot due to this.

Flying J and Pilot are dispensing the 20% bio - was it that she used or this plant based R99 stuff?

BTW: A small sign in the station said the R99 was produced from switchgrass, sawdust and farm green foliage silage.

This R99 is all new to us. First time we’ve seen, used or even heard of the R99 is when I rolled up to the pump. Blindsided me so WTF I pumped it into the tank.

I can normally feel regens. The truck takes a small hit in power for a spell then resets to full power.
Only felt it happen for just a few minutes once on R99 in 500 miles. Then again it maybe driving conditions.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I’ve used hundreds of gallons of the Walmart stuff without issue.
Almost 60.000 miles on the Walmart def in our 2015 DMax no problems.
I put in in our 2020 and within 20 miles “low quality def” code flashes on the screen.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What are you guys running for fuel additive. Im
Hoping I can keep this cp4 happy

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Yea, all of them. Delete that shit.

I wanna know what made the Def inventor say

I think I wanna make people buy piss.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I thought the Fords have factory lift pumps

Not sure on that, I know at one time, the Big 3 were all running the CP4 on their diesels, I think Dodge actually went back to the CP3? All the duramax guys "in the know" are saying run the lift pump.

Any body have a diesel forum that's any good? LOL.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Not sure on that, I know at one time, the Big 3 were all running the CP4 on their diesels, I think Dodge actually went back to the CP3? All the duramax guys "in the know" are saying run the lift pump.

Any body have a diesel forum that's any good? LOL.

Duramaxdiesels.com is the most knowledgeable place for Duramax information.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I second what @FROGMAN524 says. That forum has been a blessing.

Haven’t ran renew diesel yet but def a fan of alternative fuels like bio diesel. There’s still a lot of kinks needed to be worked out but I think there’s a future there. Algae ponds with a pump to your truck is some StarWars type stuff.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
Ford 6.7's do have a small lift pump stock. just tore one out on a 2011 and added the fass 140 and 2015 turbo. Not sure about the new duramax's but the older ones do not have a lift pump.
Ive put a couple tanks of that r99 in my 01 duramax it has no smog shit on it but it is making like 750hp i cant really tell a difference except maybe running a little smoother at idol.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Seems like every station (except the most expensive place) all have only this renewable stuff around me now…I guess I’ll have to give it a shot at some point

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score

Used the peak stuff for a year or so on the wife’s suv. Recently had a check engine light so took it to the dealer and it was for the def system. It was clogged up and messed up some sensors. They had to drain the system, etc.....blamed it on the def i was using. went back to the Adblue brand and no issues since. I can say for some reason it burns through a lot less Adblue than the peak brand.....

My truck is deleted. Best money ever spent

nowski

Reaction score
How many certification stickers does a fuel pump need? It's not a wonder why fuel is so expensive in this state...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Side note for those of you with new/newer ram's. My driveshaft issue was a little more in depth than I figured. They replaced the whole thing..with a new "preassembled" and balanced unit. Guess its an issue that some guys are having. The part that broke doesn't look remotely the same on the new assembly. The slight vibration I've always had is GONE.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
How is everyone liking this R99?? I ran a tank (by accident) in my 6.7 and I didn't notice anything different positively or negatively...its a bit cheaper locally then regular diesel and has claims increased cetane...so I am thinking about switching to it....just concerned about the Cp4 in the 6.7

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
I’ve been running it I’m my 2018 for over a year. Every now and then I Have to use Dino diesel due to no renewable diesel available. No issues. The higher cetane should keep the CP4 I would think