WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Doing something I said I would never do

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
And came to Havasu for Labor Day weekend. Been without my boat since 4th of July so we up and decided to head out, just the wife and I.

My house was rented of course so locked down a Kings View condo.

Last time the wife and I boated together for Labor Day weekend was 2008.

Then & Now

FB_IMG_1630617190016.jpg
20210902_140740.jpg
20210902_190850.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Joe, since I know you get up early can you get down there and save about 1/3 of 3 Dunes for me? On the sandy side please. I’ll be down by 3PM.

See you and the family out there!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Your breaking your own rules , 😉 be safe

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
"Got my nuts clipped"

Is what I thought I'd see after reading the title🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Always nice to get your boat back on the water! Have a GREAT weekend!!
Lol going home this weekend going to have wifey give the trim the lower side burns actions 😎😎

FishSniper

Reaction score
And came to Havasu for Labor Day weekend. Been without my boat since 4th of July so we up and decided to head out, just the wife and I.

My house was rented of course so locked down a Kings View condo.

Last time the wife and I boated together for Labor Day weekend was 2008.

Then & Now

View attachment 1045159 View attachment 1045160 View attachment 1045161

Heading up Saturday morning. Don’t plan on launching think it will be an avoid the crowds pool weekend but looking forward to the post Labor Day Sept and Oct boating.

Reactions: DWC

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Did the same thing.. was planning on a nice relaxing weekend at home..not at the river... but... my sister rented a pad in the keys and dragged me out here.. I guess I'll put the boat in the water ..do a few runs and chill at the rental drinking my ass off🍻😉

RVRKID

Reaction score
Did the same thing.. was planning on a nice relaxing weekend at home..not at the river... but... my sister rented a pad in the keys and dragged me out here.. I guess I'll put the boat in the water ..do a few runs and chill at the rental drinking my ass off🍻😉
I decided to head to my friends waterfront at Echo for the weekend. Figured I could sit in the water and watch the craziness go by or we can hit a few bars😃🍻

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I decided to head to my friends waterfront at Echo for the weekend. Figured I could sit in the water and watch the craziness go by or we can hit a few bars😃🍻
Yeah that was my logic as well Chris!

traquer

Reaction score
Labor day has always been good to me, head up to Pirates. Not sure how holidays have been during covid as I haven't been

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Wait, you used to be a jet boater?

Magic2K10

Reaction score
Please save me a rocky spot down at 3 Dunes, be down about 10 am.

cofooter

Reaction score
Was a very mellow day in Parker, got some boating in before total Mayhem start in 3, 2, 1 .................

Taboma

Reaction score
Love my early mornings!!
View attachment 1045232

You like staying there ? Is this a VRBO type rental ?
We've owned in Havasu for 26 + years, but honestly, getting harder each year to justify keeping as we're making fewer trips each successive year. Then when we do go, it seems we spend most of the week working, taking care of maintenance items.
We'd keep the 80' garage, so our toys would be there and secure.
Are you enjoying playing tourist vs homeowner this trip ?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Updates joe. What’s going on.

RodnJen

Reaction score
You like staying there ? Is this a VRBO type rental ?
We've owned in Havasu for 26 + years, but honestly, getting harder each year to justify keeping as we're making fewer trips each successive year. Then when we do go, it seems we spend most of the week working, taking care of maintenance items.
We'd keep the 80' garage, so our toys would be there and secure.
Are you enjoying playing tourist vs homeowner this trip ?

Check out the Islander-owned rentals. They are a newer group of park models that are very comfortable and convenient. It may be a good option if ownership isn’t working anymore.

Taboma

Reaction score
Check out the Islander-owned rentals. They are a newer group of park models that are very comfortable and convenient. It may be a good option if ownership isn’t working anymore.

Haven't been into the Islander Resort in over 20 years. I see from the water many new Park Models in locations that were previously RV spots.
I see on their website three categories (Bed / bath options) for vacation rentals, I'm guessing those are the ones owned by the resort. Will drive over and check that out next trip.
That's a great suggestion. With our garage(s) (two, back to back with wall removed) I can build a few storage racks and store all the tools and toy maintenance necessities, won't need the landscape tools and supplies anymore. 🥳
The only real downside I see is having to make reservations in advance, that's the only real hitch in this plan. With just my wife and I we enjoy the freedom of spontaneity.

Thanks 👍

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Had a great Labor Day Monday yesterday. Lunch at Springs and then a nap in a cove all by ourselves. Dinner at College Street and in bed by 8:30pm.....lol.

Back home now. Was a great weekend and would definitely do it again. Kings View was cool for the ability to walk from condo to Kokomos, Cha Bones, Blue Chair....etc but the boating program kind of sucks if doing the overnight parking at Windsor, due to the walk from parking lot to condo in the heat with all the gear. Didn't really deal with any crowds or ridiculousness at the ramp so that was a win. Wish I had my mom bring the kids out and stayed for the week, through next weekend.

20210906_145705.jpg
20210906_145723.jpg
20210906_145710.jpg
20210906_191849.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Guess school being back in did the trick?Still not going though. You guys can have the amateur weekends all to youselves.

👍

School, sports, people going back to normal lives and other vacations, fuel costs, lots of factors.

No line at the launch ramp Sat at 8:30 AM and Sun at 9:30 AM. Literally drove the boat directly to the ramp and into the water. Off the water at 4:00 on Sat and 7:30 on Sunday. Sat was a 10 min wait to get off, Sun was less than 5.

Literally every interaction I had was good from the ramp, to traffic on the river, to the places we beached. Just because it is busy doesn’t mean it has to be a negative experience. It was a very nice weekend overall, and less busy than Labor Day last year.